[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest opinions on RDR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62KB, 300x360px
Honest opinions on RDR?
>>
>>381887229
It's unironically my favorite game of all time. I don't give shit what any faggots say. Fite me.
>>
>>381887229
Complete garbage
>>
COMING TO PC WHEN??????????????
>>
borefest with pretty settings and nice hunting
>>
>>381887229
I like it, but replaying it now I noticed how fucking repetitive it is. Still, a very good and relaxing game.
>>
>>381887229
boring
>>
>>381887229
One of my two 10/10s
>>
>>381887229
anoyed that its not on pc cause that shit was comfy to play at a friends place on his xbox
>>
One of the most enjoyable vidya experiences I have ever had. Honestly. I don't give a shit what people say.
>>
Hasn't aged well.
>>
>>381887229
Boresnore
>>
>>381887229
It's better than the HDR they're currently peddling.
>>
>>381887229
Boring busy work for much of the game, takes forever to get to the fireworks factory and then the final farm missions are also a chore.

This is a problem with GTAIV as well, where the main character would also complain he was wasting too much time doing pointless missions on the way to his goal.
>>
>>381887229
The absolute best choice if you have the urge to play cowboy in a Wild West setting. Arguably one of the best expansion packs ever was also released for this game. It has its flaws, but the characters were enjoyable and the story was satisfying. The world wasn't as empty as most open world games, but it has the typical Rockstar samey random encounters. Hunting was fun, and the weapons were cool. Some of the missions were good, most were alright but I never felt like I was slogging through it just to get to the end. Lots of cool minigames and things to do on the side to take a break.
>>
>>381887229
it doesn't deserve to be stuck at 720p
>>
>>381887229
One of my favourite games. I'm a sucker for outlaw shit.
>>
>>381889469
BORESNORE IS READY!!!
>>
>>381887229
Pretty fun game overall. Although things really got repetitive once you got to Mexico. Come to think of it, pretty much all of Mexico should have been cut out imo.
>>
>>381889402
I replayed it recently on Xbone and it looks fine. The only thing it lacks is more AA and more colors.
>>
>>381889402

Your mom hasn't aged well.

OOOOooooooooOOOOOOOO
>>
Best Western (as in genre) game
>>
>>381887229
Guns feel good, but the shooting is not that fun cause auto aim makes the game trivial, and disabling it means I need to aim with a fucking controller.
Horses and not fun to ride and the world in pretty boring.
the story is mostly just side quests for people you don't care.

I seriously don't understand the love this game receives. I dropped it when I got to the town with cars (I know I'm quite close to the end and I know what happens in the end)

The zombie dlc is even worse cause fighting against zombies is even more boring. Specially when the best parts of this game is when you have some crazy shootouts with gangs.

Entering to Mexico is the only memorable part.
>>
>>381887229
good, but probably the most overrated game of last gen
>>
My all time favorite. Undead is fun as fuck with cheats too
>>
Literally just Grand Theft Horse. Not a bad game, but it gets fellated way too much.
>>
>>381887229
One of the most fun and fulfilling games I've ever played but the second I finished it I forgot every thing that happened in it. Still can't remember. It's like the fugue state of games.
>>
>>381890505
im beating red dead revolver first then im gonna shit on red dead redemption
>>
File: 0mCjwYJ.png (287KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
0mCjwYJ.png
287KB, 500x300px
>>381887229
Really don't want to sound like a typical /v/ contrarian, but this game was the sole reason I had bought and then almost immediately sold my xbox back in 2011.
Not saying it's the worst game of all times or even that it's bad at all, but it's been one of the worst let downs of my gaming life. It really says a lot when a 15 year old me that has never held a gamepad in his hands before battles falling asleep for the whole entirety of the game just because of how incredibly easy/casual and uninspiring the gameplay was. I even disabled the auto-aiming bullshit only to see that nothing's changed.
I think to build a certain atmosphere it's insanely important for a game to offer meaningful mechanics and shit that actually matters. Being able to die in a gunfight, having to manage your ammo and/or harvesting plants or whatever else to heal yourself, you know, that sort of stuff. RDR offers none of those, it's literally just GTA 4/5 with a prettier/more exotic picture with typical GTA writing and characters and while I don't hate any of those it wasn't at all what I was expecting from the game.
>>
>>381890694
why
>>
Best cowboy game out there and one of my favourite games.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.