[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MMO level scaling >impossible not to get overpowered around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: header (1).jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
84KB, 460x215px
>MMO level scaling
>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
>piss easy even on Death March due to how predictable and limited enemy movesets are
>lvl 6 drowners and nekkers hit harder than lvl 25 cyclopses and in groups pose more threat than any large monster 10 levels higher than you
>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
>helped Scoia'tael in TW2? Too bad, no Iorveth or Saskia for you, now Roche is your best friend
>let major character die? Whatever, even if they live they're out of the picture for the rest of the game anyway
>Eredin has less dialogue than that big bad dragon from Skyrim, you get fuck all motivation to pursue Wild Hunt other than "gotta protect muh daughter" if you haven't read source material
>Radovid turned into edgy saturday morning cartoon villain because the game needed an excuse for Dijkstra's plotline, I guess?
>crafting completely useless outside witcher gear
>lack of visual variety in gear and NPC faces, every village has a Big Nose Sally female face.
>enemy reskins are just that, reskins. it doesn't matter how drowner, water hag or siren is called, they have the exact same abilities
>3 games in, quest fights still start in the middle of combat with fade-out-of-black screen that prevents certain inputs
>3 games in, sound mixing is still horrible
>30FPS prerendered (rendered on consoles settings, no less) cutscenes for most basic scenes
>models snap in place and physics go crazy in every cutscene, terrible camera cuts
>why is underwater """combat""" even a thing?
>Skellige breaks story pacing, recommended for lvl16 for some reason
>Places of dohvakiin power

There are games, like DD for example, that you would call a flawed gem. Game that suffered from publisher meddling, monetary and time limitations. For TW3 I propose a new term. Ruined gem. A great game that was ruined by retarded design decisions.
Enhanced edition when?
>>
I did quit tw3 a few hours in.
It was just really fucking terrible.
PRESS X TO JASON : THE GAME
>>
>>381880165

Pasterino.
>>
>>381880246
Exactly. Where are my guns? I don't see how its possible to play without taller people.
>>
>>381880308
And yet you can't refute any of it.
>>
>>381880165
Witcherbabies will claim otherwise and say Gothic is worse
>>
nigga if you're so salty about the game then just stop playing it
>>
>>381880246
>>381880335
What the hell are those posts trying to articulate?
>>
>>381880165
>>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
What's the rule of three supposed to be in this case?
>>
>>381880516
Who the hell is still playing TW3 in 2017 besides poor people too stupid to pirate?
>>
File: Witcher 3 final boss.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 final boss.webm
3MB, 853x480px
so this is the power of cdpr
>>
>>381880715
how do i do these spiraling combos?
>>
>>381880690
go to point x
press x to jason
talk to guy and make pointless choice that doesnt matter in the slightest
collect reward and go to next point x

it's shit
>>
>>381880836
Get the Whirl skill, are you 8 years old or something?
>>381880715
>rolling
>>
>>381880715
He looks like he's swinging a toothpick wtf
>>
>>381880715
What's the point of rolling? Does it give you more i-frames than the standard dodge?
>>
>>381880412

I could easily if I was so inclined.
However, I'm not feeding hungry trolls.
Saged, hidden and reported.
>>
>>381880976
Allows you to dodge away farther than the standard dodge, that's it
>>
>>381880976
The difference between rolling and dodging is just that rolling gives more distance.
>>
>>381880582
Those are your average "lel witcher sucks! xD" contrarians.
>>
>>381880697

Who the hell is still complaining about TW3 in 2017 besides poor people too stupid to pirate?
>>
>>381880976
>>381881054
>>381881165
Nope. It just bugs out the final boss.
>>
>>381880872
I guess I havent unlocked that yet then
>>
>>381880852
>it's shit
Well, for me it's perfect
>>
>>381880852
Isn't that literally every RPG ever made
>>
>>381880165
>>MMO level scaling
>>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
not true, you can enable enemy scaling in options, so every enemy is the same level as you (or higher)

>30FPS prerendered (rendered on consoles settings, no less) cutscenes for most basic scenes
not true either, in every "basic cutscene" such as dialogues, you have some control of camera + as you can clearly see Geralt is wearing different armors etc

weak bait tbqh
>>
File: PolishSkyrim.png (2MB, 874x900px) Image search: [Google]
PolishSkyrim.png
2MB, 874x900px
>>381880165
I was annoyed about the shitton of points of interest AC style and little quests pointed on your map.
Sure it makes "content" but it feels so artificial, why can't we have 20 or so "long" quests instead of 300 little shitty ones ?
You feel compelled to do them because well... it's a huge part of the game but it isn't really as fun or immersive as the main quests.
>>
>>381880852

The game is narrative heavy. If you don't care about narrative than a lot of TW3 is lost on you before you even start it.
>>
>>381881861
then just disable the markers and do side quests
>>
>>381881861
>You feel compelled to do them because well... it's a huge part of the game
you can skip all the pointless shit
>>
>>381881861
That's just what open worlds are like these days anon, and every AAA game needs one to draw in the sales they want
You can easily ignore most of them, the actual interesting stuff happens in side quests that you find on notice boards or by following exclamation marks on the map
You really REALLY need to learn to ignore collectathons and copypasted activities, otherwise you're gonna go insane with games these days
>>
>>381881861
You know that you can actually fucking turn that off within seconds, right? Just two clicks and the whole thing ceases to be an issue.

>why can't we have 20 or so "long" quests instead of 300 little shitty ones ?
But that is precisely what the game DOES have. It's not like they sacrificed actual proper long quests for those damn markers. Do you even realize that the two have entirely and completely different requirements to be made?

The whole Places of Interest thing actually was never intended to be in the game. In fact they made a very clear point that this is something they want to avoid.
They were only added after a first large beta focus testing of the game revealed that the audience actually, ACTUALLY REALLY FUCKING WANTS these things in. As in: majority of users got essentially panic strikes when they weren't greeted with these things.

So the game was delayed and they hastefully stitched together these PoI's purely to satisfy the demand, and made them entirely optional: you can literally filter them out from both your map screen and your options screen.
It's always a bit of a sad thing when a studio has to give into popular demand and compromise their own vision, but in this case all that it costed us half-a-year delay or so. Otherwise, it sure as fuck did not come at the expense of actual large-scale content like proper quests.
>>
>>381881850
>you can enable enemy scaling in options
And end up with rats that deal over 1k damage per bite. Also, READ nigga, weaker enemies are not an issue, the fact that any build you go with is OP as fuck and allows you to kill highlevel enemies is.
>not true
Play the game.
>not true either
Are you retarded or just pretending?

>weak bait tbqh
Indeed.
>>
>>381882202
I can believe that the devs didn't really want to do it like that but had to because their bosses were on their ass to make an open world game that sells billions of copies like everything else. But I'll need a source for that shit only being added post-beta
>>
>>381881850
This is a complete lie
>>
>>381882306
untrue
>>
>>381882459

This is a lie.
>>
>>381882491
says pinocchio
>>
>>381882596

Pinocchio became a real boy in the end.
>>
>>381880852

You can take this attitude with any game ever made.
>>
>500 smuggler's caches in skelligy
God I know I should just ignore them but my OCD won't let me. Even if I turn them off I just KNOW they're there.
>>
>>381882638
After begin a fucking piece of shit lying about videogames
>>
>>381882301
>But I'll need a source for that shit only being added post-beta
I can't find the more candid article in which the developers made less politically correct ways of saying this, but at least I found this. A basic google search will provide you with more articles about how the game is content-locked, but will be delayed because the open world is "missing".
https://gamerant.com/witcher-3-delay-explained-open-world/

>their bosses were on their ass to make an open world game that sells billions of copies like everything else
The problem was not so much their bosses, but the problem is that if they did not do that, the studio would go belly up. It's not like game having massive publishers back them up being able to take risks: CDPR rides it's existence on each title they make. It's a simple matter of "you want to make a game this large? Well, then you also have to make sure it's audience is equally large". It's the same reason why they reoriented themselves to multiplatform: you simply can't make a game of this scope and production value locked to PC. It's not assholism, it's a basic business reality.
>>
File: CoP.jpg (368KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CoP.jpg
368KB, 1024x1024px
>>381881967
>>381881971
Yes you can do that but you skip 30-40% of the game and these fights/events are not all complete shit, there are few good ones among them.
I know it's not so much a big deal because the game has alread far enough good content but it strikes my inner autism, I feel like I am missing something if I don't do them, I don't like this Batman/AC world building, I prefer something like Call of Prypiat.
>>
>>381880165
>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
geralds supposed to be strong mate
>piss easy even on Death March due to how predictable and limited enemy movesets are
predictable yea, not piss easy. you just learnt your enemies moves, which is the point
>lvl 6 drowners and nekkers hit harder than lvl 25 cyclopses and in groups pose more threat than any large monster 10 levels higher than you
yes, as they do in most rpgs. ever played smt?
>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
to an extent, yeah, this grates
>helped Scoia'tael in TW2? Too bad, no Iorveth or Saskia for you, now Roche is your best friend
the books are also non-linear
>let major character die? Whatever, even if they live they're out of the picture for the rest of the game anyway
^^
>Eredin has less dialogue than that big bad dragon from Skyrim, you get fuck all motivation to pursue Wild Hunt other than "gotta protect muh daughter" if you haven't read source material
its based off a book. you should read it
>Radovid turned into edgy saturday morning cartoon villain because the game needed an excuse for Dijkstra's plotline, I guess?
no
>crafting completely useless outside witcher gear
absolutely
>enemy reskins are just that, reskins
wow!
>3 games in, sound mixing is still horrible
no
what a dealbreaker
>models snap in place and physics go crazy in every cutscene
every cutscene dude?
>why is underwater """combat""" even a thing?
agreed
>Skellige breaks story pacing, recommended for lvl16 for some reason
agreed
>Places of dohvakiin power
what does this even mean?
>>
>>381883434
>but you skip 30-40% of the game
No, you would not. You would skip quite literally copy-pasted content. Everything that is actually worth exploring can be found by actual exploration: by visual clues and logic of the landscaping. That is what the game was originally designed in mind with. If there is anything that needs a bloody map icon to be found, IT'S NOT REALLY WORTH FINDING. It's an after-tackled content made in haste during the last half-a-year of development that wasn't even originally scheduled to be done.

And you can still fund a lot of it if you simply go off the path or pay attention to the surroundings, without the bloody markers.
>>
>>381880165
This fucking boring ass game again can you /v/irgins please stop posting it ?
>>
>>381880165
>2017
>/v/ is still salty the game is simply good
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.