[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should there be more first person RE games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: resident-evil-7.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-7.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
Should there be more first person RE games?
>>
RE7 was a piece of shit. Rednecks are not scary and most definitely not the shitty comedy tier ones in 7.
>>
File: 1488897529539.jpg (60KB, 350x382px) Image search: [Google]
1488897529539.jpg
60KB, 350x382px
hould there be more RE games at all?
>>
I just want fucking zombies back as the primary canon fodder.
For God's sake, 50 fucking games about zombies in development at any given time for the last decade, and the one game series you WANT zombies in keeps phasing them out in favor of parasites, minorities, cannibals, and bitches with ona holes where their heads should be.
>>
>>381879195
>RE7 was a piece of shit.
Nah it was pretty good.
>Rednecks are not scary
The Bakers were great and a ton of fun
Not just them but the family from Texas Chainsaw are great too so your just flat out wrong.
>>
>>381879250
Sure I'm almost lost faith in the series with 6 but 7 saved it now I'm excited for RE again.
>>
>>381879195
>Rednecks are not scary

t. never seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>>
>>381879145
Sure, why not, just count me out.
>>
>>381879145
Absolutely, the third person formula seems to be their "action" formula, the first person allows way more horror, in my opinion, but also works with FPS style resident evil zombie shootan
>>
>>381879694
>>381880848
>rednecks are scary
>rural retards with sub 90 IQ are scary
Lol
>>
My only complain about RE7 is its lack of replayability.

Yes, the madhouse difficulty is a nice twist, but once you leave the main house its pretty much the same than normal difficulty.
>>
>>381881604
If you don't like Texas Chainsaw Massacre then you have shit taste. This is fact.
>>
>>381881604
>rural retards
>sub 90 IQ
Hate to break it to you, but California has the third lowest average IQ in the country, beat out only by two states with the highest concentration of blacks
>>
>>381881843
Its a coping mechanism.
His life would be a nightmare if he was scared of his own parents.
>>
>>381881604
>retards aren't scary

Why does everyone want zombies back then? They're the special olympics of horror.
>>
>>381881978
>t. nazi /pol/tard
>>
>>381879145
first person games are only useful for immersion, nothing else. i couldn't finish it; it bored me.
>>
>>381879195

>t. butthurt redneck
>>
>>381881604

Well yeah. Low IQ people are generally scary, because they can't be reasoned with.
>>
>>381879145
No. RE is a cheesy action horror title and RE7 removed all of that so it could be yet another cinematic spook simulator only with less variety and no replayability due to the focus shifting from gameplay to "a cinematic story"

I have no doubts that people who prefer RE7 to other titles were never RE fans to begin with and just want a movie, not a game.
>>
>>381882762
Agreed.
>>
>>381881604
>>rural retards with sub 90 IQ are scary

Why do you assume rural people are sub 90 IQ?

>t-they are in the rural world

Which requires handling of complex chemical substances that are quite deadly among other things, this is no place for retards like you, the usual murrican.
>>
Why not...but you know What we really need?
RE kart
>>
File: 1498232401195.png (231KB, 332x449px) Image search: [Google]
1498232401195.png
231KB, 332x449px
>start playing RE7
>feel a joy that I haven't felt from a game in a long time in the first couple of hours
>love every scene with Jack
>go to the old house
>have to fight shitty insects and Marguerite
>get bored
Should I keep going? Does the game get fun again after this?
>>
>should there be

No there shouldn't be. But there will be.

RE is first person from now on and we all know it. They bridged the gap between neckbearded manchildren who have kept the genre afloat for 2 decades, and the other side of the coin, the twitch jumpscare normies who play a game for 30 minutes and put it down to fuck off and do something else and they immediately forget the game experience they just had.

They have deserted their fanbase for another one and it ain't never going back because normies outnumber the neckbeards. And they give up their money way way way easier as well.

RE is first person now.
>>
>>381881604
>Never watched deliverance

You will become a good piggy in seconds with that attitude
>>
>>381882883
Go at least to the Marguerite boss fight...IMO is one of the best boss fights of the entire series
>>
>>381882883
Once you leave the swamp house, the dip in quality is severe.
>>
>>381882883
This is what hack developers do. They put actual effort into the first hour or so of the game then give up, that way the gameplay reveals and and early streams net them some preorders from faggots who justify their mistake with "it looks really good guys".
>>
File: 1498354823016.png (109KB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
1498354823016.png
109KB, 274x231px
>>381882762
>No. RE is a cheesy action horror title
And so was 7 what's your point? you have a fucking chainsaw duel at one point if you got any sillier it would be RE 6 and just become retarded and unfun.
>>
>>381883278
>one moment
>out of a sea of sneaking around

No. Also RE6 had the best gameplay of the series furthering my point that you just wanted a movie, not a game.
>>
>>381882994
Well if 7 is the normies experiences then I'm glad it is because I loved the game I would rather have 7 which has a soul and personality rather then the big shit go boom shit in 6.
>>
>>381883443
>out of a sea of sneaking around
Ok now I know you never played it because you sneak around once in the whole game.
>>
>>381883443
>RE6 had the best gameplay of the series
Good joke anon tell me did you ever play 4? you might enjoy that its not shit like 6.
>>
File: Finally Over.jpg (130KB, 628x278px) Image search: [Google]
Finally Over.jpg
130KB, 628x278px
>>381883525
And you're a lying piece of shit. You have to sneak a shit load throughout the game to avoid either father or mother, the goo monsters, and the entire ship is all about sneaking and avoiding unless you're playing NG+ with the circular saw and Albert-01.

>>381883718
Stop being a pleb. RE4 had a far, far, more solid experience but RE6 had excellent shooting mechanics that amplified the shit out of Mercs.
>>
>>381879145
No shit. First person is sexy.
>>
>>381883797
>And you're a lying piece of shit.
How? I sneaked around once in the whole game.
The rest was full of shooting and item haunting like classic RE.
Did you just play the game and not realise you have a gun? all those goo monsters and the bakers you can shoot them.
Also you get a gun like 5 seconds after getting on the ship so that don't count either.
>>
>>381883963
Again that shit is really only viable on a second playthrough unless you were playing on easy.
>>
>>381883797
>RE4 had a far, far, more solid experience but RE6 had excellent shooting mechanics that amplified the shit out of Mercs.
So you fully admit 6 is shit compared to 4?
And I could give a fuck about mercs after playing the shit Leon Campaign and never going back.
>>
>>381884039
I played normal I don't know if you just suck at the game but like I said I only had to sneak around once I don't know what you are doing but I had a gun through most of the game and I used it.
>>
>>381884073
>So you fully admit 6 is shit compared to 4?

Fully admit? it's common fucking knowledge. RE6 has the best mechanics but I'd replay RE4 any day of the week before returning. Saying that I haven't played it in a while because I'm waiting for RE4HD.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.