[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building my first gaming pc 1500€ budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 11021084_20.png (217KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
11021084_20.png
217KB, 700x700px
Need tips, ecc..
>>
>>381878648
go to >>>/g/61084167
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>>/g/
>>
>>381878648
>>>/g/

first off, get DDR3 ram. Don't listen to the autists
second, don't bother with an SSD, or if you do, get a 120GB one to install windows on, and a 1TB regular drive for data storage. Third of all, don't bother water cooling - it's the second biggest computer meme next to: number 4, don't go all out on the case; get something nice, cheap, and tasteful.

DON'T cheap out on the fans, especially the CPU cooler. Lastly get a nice graphics card like a gtx 1080 or something. The end
>>
Since you want to waste that much money on it I suggest killing yourself considering you are fucking braindead.
>>
>>381878816
DDR4 is cheaper
>>
>>381878793
>>381878798
This, but on that budget at least don't skimp on PSU and cooling that doesn't sound like an airplane engine.
>>381878816
120gb is too small for even just an OS and a few programs (that you want to load quickly) and I don't know if they even make 1TB drives any longer, plus on that budget might as well grab 250GB and a few TB HDD. I mean technically it'll suffice but you'll quickly run out of space enough for even just installing updates (seriously those packages run in the tens of GBs). And forget about installing even just one or two games on 120GB if you're running win10 and have more than like one or two restore points.
>>
>>381879423
Install windows on the SSD, and install programs and games on the normal 1TB drive. Windows is the single biggest reason for having a slow computer anon.
>>
>>381878816
troll post. ddr3 and ddr4 are not compatible. your platform will either be 3 or 4, not both.

DEFINITELY get an ssd. single biggest performance booster when it comes to OS and app loading. 120 gb minimum i say. more is nice but not really necesarry.

third is right, water cooling is unnecesarry - and AiO is shit even. don't fuck with a custom setup as a noob, you'll be in too deep probably. also costs a lot.

case is case. some are overpriced for sure. but a well thought out one is a blessing to work with. don't you go tempered glass or window like in the OP you little fag. closed or hang youself. like the define r4 or whatever.

and he's right and the final one. quite fans are nice. because quite pcs are nice.
>>
>>381878816
this dont bother with a case cardboard will do get 700w psu get at least an i5 but spend as much as you can on a gpu! dont get nothing less then a 1070, you need at least 6gb vram these days, also fucking miners!
>>
To save on cooling costs just keep a spray bottle of water on your desk and squirt it into the pc every now and again.
>>
Here's a tip you flaming newfag

kill yourself
>>
>>381878648
Intel CPU.
Nvidia GPU.
Don't waste money on fancy cases.
Don't get W10.
>>
>>381880453
Nahh water will gunk up after a while you need pure mineral oil and virgin seamen in a mister.
>>
>>381878648
Pay someone else to do it for you, goto the online stores that give you pulldown selections of what you want in your computer and pay them.

You pay more but you don't have any hassle with drivers, incompatibility issues etc.

Trust me, it's not worth the headache unless you enjoy fucking around with it.
>>
>>381879965
>your platform will either be 3 or 4, not both.
There are mobos with sockets for both 3 and 4. I've even seen systems with sockets for DDR2 and 3. Obviously you cannot use both at the same time, they're more of a momentary convenience for the user during the transition periods.
>>
>>381878648
- Take your 1500€ budget and look on amazon for the best pre built in that price range
- write down those parts and check them on your local part picker
- now you have more budget (remember that)
- post the part list on 4chan, reddit, Gaf etc. to let people recommend you better part inside your budget
- buy parts and build yourself or let somebody do it for you

Welcome to the Master Race!
>>
>>381881068
+1 XD
>>
>>381878648
logical increments
>>
>>381879573
I'd agree but If you're going to spend 1500€ though it's nice to have games load quickly especially MP games or ones with lots loading screens, bit of a luxury but you don't need to have all your games on the SSD, just the ones you're currently playing. You can juggle the rest off to your HDD with Steammover. But for anything other than gaming an SSD is just too good to pass up, many apps are so much quicker.

Also would genuinely not be surprised if Win10 will pretty much take up that much space alone a few updates down the line.
>>
>>381882452
>steam mover

steam has its own built in thing for that
>>
>>381880816
>There are mobos with sockets for both 3 and 4.
Even so, that is so severly limiting your mobo purchasing options just to heed advice that is dumb to begin with.
>>
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>381878648
Intel i5. Buy a good cooler for it, don't use the stock fan.
GTX 1080
8+ Gb of ram. Cheap ram works just as well as expensive ram.
650-700W power supply
Get a cheap SSD to use as a boot drive and a regular hard drive for everything else.
Motherboard just needs to be compatible with all your parts.
Don't overspend on the case, just get one that looks good.
For the OS, find an iso online and use this tool to make a bootable flash drive. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool. If you don't want to use a crack, you can buy a cheap key on ebay.

And finally, take your time and make sure you install the cables behind everything so you'll get good airflow.
>>
>>381878648
I second this >>381883160
>>
>>381884283
> Intel i5
No - either you get an i7 or Ryzen CPU - Ryzen made i5 completely obsolete.

> 8+ Gb of ram. Cheap ram works just as well as expensive ram.
If you go with DDR4 Ram, the frequency is definitely relevant to the performance.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.