[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I discover this game today and I fell in love.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: shogo_box.jpg (68KB, 472x466px) Image search: [Google]
shogo_box.jpg
68KB, 472x466px
I discover this game today and I fell in love.
>>
>>381874625
I discovered this game 16-17 years ago
>>
File: oni.jpg (28KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
oni.jpg
28KB, 284x350px
>>381874625
I remeber Shogo. Is aged like shit.
Shogo and Oni as far I know where the attempt of western developers to do some weeb shit.
>>
>>381874625
Good game.
Love the gotta go fast mech. Too bad it dies so easily
>>
>>381874801
I NEED Oni 2
Been waiting so long
>>
>>381874625
Only available on GOG.
Fuck it.
>>
>>381874963
But GoG is the best store...
Don't tell me you prefer the install-our-spyware-or-you-can't-play-the-games-you-bought store
>>
>>381874625
I did too but not for long. Scripted hitscan headshots killed it for me
>>
>>381875018
I prefer Steam simple as that.
>>
>>381875138
Stockholm syndrome
>>
File: waitlongerforever.jpg (62KB, 1024x379px) Image search: [Google]
waitlongerforever.jpg
62KB, 1024x379px
>>381874956
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_cCOBF9KZ8

Still the best intro

Monolith should use that LotR money to finally make Shogo 2
>>
>>381875303
Holy shit, the nostalgia
I KNOW WE CAN MAKE IT TOGETHER
>>
>>381874801
Shogo = Akira, Evangelion, Patlabor, Macross & Appleseed mixed together.
Oni = Ghost in the Shell (bootleg).
>>
>>381874625
Monolith only does games with enjoyable gameplay or fucking masterpieces
>>
>>381874963
>wanting to buy old games on Steam, uploaded as is, w/ no compatibility fixes

absolute pleb
>>
>>381875592
B-b-but muh b-based gabeen who indefinitely postponed HL3
>>
>>381874625
The level design is absolute garbage, and that critical hit system is silly and unbalanced.

If you want a good weeb western mecha game, play Heavy Gear II.
>>
>>381875645
is your brain damaged or something?
>>
>>381875138
But Anon, GOG games are free without consequences and without patches. If a game is available on the platform you already know it.
>>
>>381875735
Steam is shit.
It's the worst service.
DRM
Mandatory spyware installation or you can't play the games YOU PAYED FOR
Pure shit
>>
>>381874625
>That cheesy anime opening
Sequel when?
>>
>>381875786
you are a moron, who can't even read
>>
>>381875786
>muh privacity
>muh DRM
>muh spyware

TOP KEK
>>
>>381874625
>play on hardest difficulty
>final boss is in a mech and I'm on foot
>he one shots me
>had to cheese it
>>
>>381874625

it was clunky to the point of unplayability, I never understood how anyone could like it
>>
>>381875786
>says retard who uses Windows

lol you're an idiot
>>
>>381875893
I don't use Windows actually.
That's yet another benefit of GoG, they port games for Linux
>>
>>381874625
>Monolith never did a SHOGO 2
>They even teased this in F.E.A.R. series
>Never, ever done

>>381874801
>ONI
Back when Bungie was cool
>>
MAGICLAW!
>>
>>381875303
Fuck what a great time to be a PC gamer it was back then.

Serious note I really wish Shogo 2 was more than the easter egg on a t-shirt of a fear 2 character. Monolith always teased whenever they did a tech demo of their engine too - showing of Shogo mobile armors and shit.

I just want an over the top mech and ground based fps that doesn't take itself too seriously. Is it so much to ask?
>>
>>381876184
masaquah
>>
>>381875303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyEe4qeGnyA
>>
Gruntz is deeper than Starcraft
>>
File: amen.jpg (182KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
amen.jpg
182KB, 1366x768px
>>381875303
>play the game on my futuristic 3dfx vodoo
>4 freaking MB of RAM
>zoom in with muh gun
>engine changes the textures of the target to a more detailed version instead of just stretching out the low res distant model
It was like real life
>>
>>381876349

hey, someone finally fucking mentioned Gruntz

while I disagree, it's still great fun in LAN
>>
>>381876443
I can also mention Septerra's Core
>>
Let's be completely honest.
On any objective level: Shogo is fucking awful. Terrible gunplay, terrible level design, AWFUL weapon design, awkward as fuck graphics, baffling design and weird shotcuts (anyone remember that Gabriel's right hand man, who was supposed to have a giant intimidating weapon, but the team could not be arsed to actually make a new model, so they just gave him a scaled up Juggernout model without even changing the texture?!), vestigial design elements (the fucking robot transformation? What the fuck was the point of that?) and the story is a fucking MESS absolute awfulness.

There is basically thing objectively not terrible about this game.

And with all that in mind... can somebody explain to me why is so awesome? What makes it so fucking fun. I think I've finished it like eight times already, last time just a few months ago.
Is this "so bad it's good" case? I can't even tell. Outside of the one obvious thing: the fact that the game does not take itself very seriously. What makes the game so fun?
>>
>>381876342
There's an NPC in the second game that wears a Shogo shirt. They keep fucking teasing it all the time.
>>
>>381876867
It's not teasing. It's just references. Every studio does this, and it means nothing.
>>
Also the game was supposed to be called Heavy Metal.
Also I like Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2
>>
>>381874801
>is aged like shit
>as far I know where
You need to kill yourself, retarded turdskin.

>>381875138
>I prefer a colossal lard dick up my ass
Okay.

ITT: faggots and cock suckers with no taste.
I see summer brought a new wave of Redditors fresh off the boat.
>>
>>381876786
Shogo is only terrible in the post-HalfLife FPS world.
For its age, it is very much a really good single-player FPS game. Like GoldenEye or Timespliters the console people so love despite them being unplayable.
FPS evolved a lot and Shogo was simply made before that.

It was very much an enjoyable game then, it only makes sense even people today would find it fun, albeit they know of a million ways things could have been made better.
>>
>>381874801
Daikatana, Shadow Warrior, Rise of the Triad, Anachronox, Oni, and Shogo were the most weeb games back then.
>>
>>381876786
Transformation gives you faster movement
>>
>>381877172
>Shogo is only terrible in the post-HalfLife FPS world.
I don't agree. I think it's fucking awful in just every possible universe. I think the only thing that was really quite ahead of it's time was the approach to narrative which was basically showing the way that Half-life would eventually took the whole genre in: but that said, while the story was dynamic and well incorporated into the actual gameplay, it was also baffiling awful. Funny, and probably awful on intention, but still.

But mechanically speaking: no. The core gunplay is just really bad. And I know I noticed this even back when it was released and I played it for the first time. There is an entire CORE mechanic revolving exclusively around random fucking crit-chance. No locational design, just random fucking crit-chance on every single hit. What the fuck is THAT?! That is not a good design: in 1998 or 2017. It's just hilariously awful.

>>381877326
I figured. But's completely useless. There like ONE SINGLE MOMENT where that is actually beneficial, and that is that silly, silly fucking tunel you visit twice in the game.
>>
>>381877223
There was absolutely nothing weeb about Rise of the Triade. Have you even played that game? The name is absolutely misleading, it has absolutely nothing to do with Triades or with Asia in general.
>>
>>381877496
I only realized it now, and it shouldnt have been put there. My bad.
>>
File: Borderlandscover.jpg (106KB, 340x432px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlandscover.jpg
106KB, 340x432px
>>381877381
>No locational design, just random fucking crit-chance on every single hit. What the fuck is THAT?!

An interesting design choice that made Gearbox into fucking millionaires.
>>
>>381874801
>>381874625
I tried to play both these games and burned out halfway through

I know they're lauded as great but I guess I just took too long to get around to them and the jankiness and age ruined them for me
>>
>>381877837
Except Borderlands is a looter shooter entirely about incremental statistical increases and progression threadmil.
And it's still a terrible shooter.
So this isn't excuse.

>>381877920
Maybe this is because I played both games long time ago, but I feel like the "ageing" thing is utter bullshit with Shogo. Shogo did not age. It was precisely as janky, and precisely as fucking hilariously silly when it was released. Age did not detract anything from it.

And I think Oni is kinda a similar case, except where Shogo was ridiculous, Oni was pain bad, without the funny element.
>>
>>381877837
yeah the random crit is the central mechanic that made borderlands what it is

cretin
>>
>>381874625
I think it's great but the character models are hilariously bad.
>>
Shogo is a heavily flawed game but I think it's worth a playthrough just to see a game made by a bunch of weebs.
>>
File: 1494158222768.jpg (109KB, 583x538px) Image search: [Google]
1494158222768.jpg
109KB, 583x538px
>>381874963
It´s on Steam, nigga
http://store.steampowered.com/app/610860/Shogo_Mobile_Armor_Division/

Interplay put a lot of their stuff that was previously only avaiable on GOG on Steam recently. Giants, Messiah, Redneck Rampage and more.
>>
>>381874625
Now play the Sin Games
>>
>>381879009
>You can see the fucking window borders in the video trailer
How lazy can you get?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.