[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlekino: Harmony of Dissonance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

>>
>>381874106

Worst of the Tansaku Castlevanias. Even the plot is forgettable. But I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>381874106
Best castlemania ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwHAgObH6JE&index=4&list=PL713F890B7C7018C0
>>
Wasn't bad at all, but clearly they just said fuck it after Circle of the Moon and just decided to copy Symphony of the Night/Alucard. Aria is the same.
>>
How the FUCK do I beat the final boss in CotM? I'm level 41 and have a 92% completion rate, do I need to grind for a specific DSS combo or am I just really underleveled (I had that problem with a few previous bosses)?

If I do need to grind a shit ton, I'll probably just drop the game. Unless there's a really good/simple trick to grinding that anyone knows.
>>
>>381874367
is Aria better or worse than Dawn? I liked dawn a lot but i never played aria
>>
>>381874367
AoS did it way better than HoD
>>
>>381874185
Neck yourself and go to hell.
>>
>>381874487

>ugly graphics
>low quality audio samples ruin the score
>forgettable plot that's irrelevant
>rehash SotN so it has no identity aside from "the one that isn't as good"

Aria and Circle were way better.
>>
How hyped are you for Netflix series?
>>
>>381874106
Can you explain me what is a castlekino please?
>>
>Love Symphony
>really want to see where the story went from there
>play Circle
>designs are all different and it has no relationship with the other games
>be a bit disapointed
>play Harmony
>okay
>Play Aria
>finally see some real changes with Dracula finally dead
>HOLY SHIT GENYA WAS ALUCARD THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER
>HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SYMPHONY SEQUEL I'VE ALWAYS WANTED
>HOLY SHIT JULIUS YOU ARE THE BEST BOSS FIGHT EVER
>>
>>381874586
Your entire post is a second rate low tier bait
>>
File: RoB.jpg (3MB, 1540x1510px) Image search: [Google]
RoB.jpg
3MB, 1540x1510px
>>381874654
>>
>>381874679
Not him, but that's certainly the most common opinion held by anyone who's played them all.
>>
>>381874736
What the hell does the term "castlekino" mean? No one could explain me this
>>
>>381874438
I can't tell you, as I've only played Aria. I quite like it though. Smoother gameplay a lot closer to SotN. Circle of the Moon's movements were janky as fuck, Dissonance was ok but wasn't entirely there. AoS is 99% there, barring smoothness of the anymations due to being on a handheld of course.
>>
>>381874106
I recently beat Circle of the Moon, and absolutely loved it. I think it's better than Symphony of the Night because of the consistent difficulty curve and no game breaking vampire skills.

Then I started Harmony of Dissonance, and I have to say it's shit in comparison. The bosses are piss easy, the healing items are common and really powerful, jumping and whipping feels awful, the level design is boring (no more hidden rooms, just powerups in plain sight), and most of the music is bland, simplistic and has a sound font straight from Game Boy. Iga is a hack
>>
>>381874185
It's better than at least PoR
>>
>>381874106
Personally enjoyed this game more than Cotm. Only problem was that this game was too easy.
>>
>>381874421
summon the thunderbirb and I think you can dodge his death tackle by camping in an upper corning. just use the magic glitch if you don't have the cards
>>
>>381874421
You shouldn't need to grind at all for any reason.
If the final boss is giving you too much trouble just abuse the super jump I frames a bunch and use the summon card DSS BS to cheese the hell out of him.
He should die in no time if you thunderbird him a few times.
>>
>>381874421
Use a summon, that's how I beat him last week.

You need the Uranus card dropped by the fake candles in the Iron Golem's room and the Thunderbird card (the one I used and apparently the best summon) from the were-panthers in the Chapel Tower.

Wear as much INT equipment as you can to boost your MP as it takes 200 a pop.
>>
>>381874878
WTF, PoR was the best handheld castlevania. Get a toothbrush to clean out that absolutely shitty taste!
>>
>>381874878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG5EzU2EZ5o
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNMmgwJ-LIo
>>
>>381874106
Utter fucking trash compared to Aria and Circle
>>
so I beat all the NES/SNES games, the 3GBA ports and the PS2 games but don't own any other console or handheld to play the rest.

Any emulators I can get to try out the others? I need more metroidvanias.
>>
>>381875372
I also beat SotN more times than I can count of course. And I have a PS3 but not interested in the reboots.
>>
>>381875372
>>381875430
Just pull up a list of every Castlevania game and hit up the /emugen/ wiki

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>381874421
>>381874931
>>381874993
>>381875048
don't listen to those summonposters. all you need is a good armor and manticore/jupiter combo
>>
post music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwOOTV00DP0
>>381874612
I'm more hyped for a potential Switch Castlevania
>>
>>381874878
That might be the most retarded opinion I've read on this dumbass website, congrats
>>
>>381875525
Well, unless the N64 games are good, the only games left to me would be the 3 NDS ones. Thanks lad.
>>
I just recently played through every Castlevania, and I gotta say, I honestly had the most fun with Harmony of Dissonance over the other two GBA games. It's pretty underrated, though that fucking music will make your brain bleed. Felt good to be a fucking Belmont again.
>>
>>381875727
There's also bloodlines on genesis but that's not a metroidvania.
>>
>>381875732
I did the same, but I feel the exact opposite
>>
>>381875732
I just wish it wasn't pathetically easy, even Aria is harder
>>
>>381875753
I might be up for it, I'm not against those games but I really enjoy that exploration factor.

I wonder actually if fans generally like metroidvanias or are they seen as corruptions of the ancient formula? Then again it was introduced with SotN back in 1999 so I bet those gamers don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>381875906
Most people enjoy the metroidvania formula but unsurprisingly you have the purists who shit on them and prefer classicvania, either because they prefer more challenging games (which is understandable) or because they want to be contrarians. I love both so I don't really care.
>>
>>381875640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dRzjA_Xlc
>tfw I found this just now trying to find the stage 5b theme as I'm playing through Rondo
It's so fucking good
>>
File: 1461159771815.jpg (21KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1461159771815.jpg
21KB, 570x570px
>>381876207
oh boy here we go, time to replay rondo
>>
>>381875906
I prefer classic but both are good
>>
>>381875727
I thought the N64 Castlevanias were fun. But they were my first Castlevania games so I will will forever defend those games
>>
>>381876272
I think I might have to replay it after I beat it too to play the alternate stages
>>
>>381874867
>CotM, OoE and PoR are the best Metroidvanias.
>3, IV and Rondo are the best Classicvanias.
>SotN is babby's first gaem and literally ruined by Alucard himself being ridiculously OP even in luck mode with nerfing equipment.
>Bloodstained will be shit because IGA thinks "Miriam moves exactly at the same speed as Alucard" is a selling point and isn't trying to do anything innovative with the formula or the 2.5D technology.
Prove me wrong.
>>
Yeah, it had that one song, you know the one.
>>
>>381877228
I started SOTN with the Luck code without remembering that it drops your stats. I didnt even really notice a difference lol
>>
>>381874106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwDf8zSCD1M&t=2s
Post best Castlevania clones.
>>
File: Moonshoes.jpg (21KB, 355x273px) Image search: [Google]
Moonshoes.jpg
21KB, 355x273px
The only thing I hate about this game is JusteĀ“s shoes. It looks like he is walking with this thing on pic related.
>>
>>381874438
Aria is the best Castlekino ever.
>>
>>381878125
volgarr the viking is pretty great
>>
>>381875906
I prefer the classic games due to better level design, enemies, and enemy placement. The problem with being like Metriod is that you'd be expected to not only back track, but enter areas from more than one location so you cannot expect the sort of tighter level design of a linear game.
>>
>>381880908
This, the games ultimatedly appeal to different needs. Classicvanias aim to make you feel like a badass because you overcome a notoriously difficult challenge with limited resources, Metroidvanias aim to make you feel achievement as you return to an area with an arsenal of OP equipment and 30+ levels of grind to pwn enemies that used to give you trouble.

You can like both types of game, but it's easy to see why the Castlevania fandom is so bipolar as those who started with Classicvanias and those who started with Metroidvanias lived completely opposite introductory experiences to the franchise.
>>
>>381875732
The music is the best out of the three GBA games just because its doesn't come out of the GBA main soundchip.
>>
>>381875087
Your point? Good samples don't make for a good song.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.