[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Steam controller on sales should I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: small controller.png (1MB, 1260x626px) Image search: [Google]
small controller.png
1MB, 1260x626px
>Steam controller on sales
should I?
>>
Bought one. It's shit. Just use an xbox controller
>>
It's shit, it's an inferior controller parts with the inferior mouse parts. You should instead get a mouse keyboard and controller so you can get the best of both.
>>
Made for gaben himself
>>
i would had i not gotten the new revision of the xbone controller last year.
>>
PAY
>>
>>381869619
LARD GARGLIN
>>
WHOS GONNA PAY FOR IT?
>>
also wondering this
I'm thinking of getting either this or the DS4. Is it good for emulators of ps2, gcn and wii games?
>>
>>381870285
WUZ
>>
THIS IS A FUCKING REPLY
>>
>>381869619
Hey what ever happened with that surgery he was getting?
>>
>>381871383
He ate it.
>>
>>381869764
>>381870073
t. didn't spend time setting it up to be perfect
>>
>>381870073
>inferior mouse parts

If by mouse you mean a laptop track pad
>>
>>381871383
In July
>>
>>381869619
i own one...don't buy this piece of crap
>>
>>381869619
I have a keyboard, mouse, and Xbox One controller, what could this possibly offer that I don't already have.
>>
>>381871604
You can't. You can set it up to be Ok but it has a long way to go to be perfect.
If the configuration software were better and not bound to steam it'd be an excellent controller though rather than just a good multifunctional one.
To be perfect though the controller would need some revisions.

>>381871692
It's much better than a laptop trackpad though. Never liked those but this is tolerable.
>>
I bought one last week.
Fucking hate it; it's an unergonomic monstrosity.
Avoid like the plague.
>>
>>381872679
its only unergonomic if you're trying to use the stick and buttons
>>
>>381872595
a trackpad on a controller
>>
>>381872718
>its only unergonomic if you're trying to use the stick and buttons
So you're saying the steam controller, which you'd buy only because you need a controller, is only unergonomic if you're trying to use it as a controller.
Right then, I think this speaks for itself.
>>
>>381872724
Fucking sold, just what I want Gabe, a trackpad on a controller, lemme go buy three you fat fuck.
>>
>>381871180
*Smacks lips*
>>
>>381872889
SO YOU BE SAYIN
>>
>>381872907
*dodges salad*
>>
>>381872907
WE WUZ GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED AND SHEEET?
>>
File: whydyouleavethekeysuponthetable.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
whydyouleavethekeysuponthetable.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>381869619
it comes with a decent length cable that you can use with a ds4
>>
>>381872813
You missed the whole point of the thing. You're supposed to use the pads.
>>
T REX ARM HAVING
>>
>>381869619
I want Low Tier God to fuck Boogies wife while hes forced to watch.
>>
>>381871604
What? You're gonna mod the hardware?
>>
>>381873060
Like this?
https://webmshare.com/99Ywy
>>
>>381873107
i superglued a fleshlight to it
>>
>>381873107
No, you can customize every button and even have one to swap profiles if you need more buttons and shit, and the trackpads are great once you get used to them.
>>
>>381872982
Exactly. One buys a controller so they can play games designed with a controller in mind; logically one also uses a mouse and keyboard for the games designed for KBM.

The only reason to buy this hunk of shit would be if you have a gaming PC in your living room and want to play KBM-only games on it (for some reason). I thought it would work like a normal controller in addition to letting you play KBM games with it, but holy fucking shit it's somehow far, far worse at handling controller-based games than attempting to play the shonkiest console ports (eg. Dark Souls) with KBM.
>>
>>381872595
nothing, dont buy one
>>
>>381873625
whatever, miss out if you want
>>
>>381873160
>and the trackpads are great once you get used to them.

I simply refuse to believe this. I spent weeks trying to get used to that piece of shit and it's still the worst thing I've ever used.
>>
>>381871604
yes, and lose the sole benefit of using a fucking controller (that is - plug and play, no fuss)
>>
>*smacks shit covered belly*
PAY FOR MY KFC YOU REPUBFLISHCANS
>>
>>381872993
KIRBY
>>
>>381876317
CALORIE THIEVIN
>>
>>381869619
i recommend it. i use it for a few games like fallout new vegas and thief which ive mentioned before, being able to hold left trigger to aim and then move my controller around with gyro is great. however, when you desire more accuracy than for example a normal controller, chances are you will not prefer steam controller over mouse and keyboard, so while usable and better than normal controllers in games like team fortress 2 chances are that isn't how you will want to play and you will really wish you were just using mouse and keyboard. there is also less polish while using it, for example in fallout new vegas, you use a popular controller configuration and it works very well, BUT you wont be seeing button icons and instead will see keys. this has been largely mitigated by on screen selectors with custom icons but still it will say "press E to exit" or some shit which personally isn't a problem for me but worth mentioning. i use it mostly for desktop use which it excels at (mouse input, on screen keyboard) and for that alone i think its worth whatever they are selling it for (i bought mine 40 bucks). it also uses nonproprietary AA batteries which is good for me since i just use a rechargeable battery all the same. that all said ive not used a playstation 4 controller and it is now supported by steam so i bet you could use for example gyro much the same which might be a better investment but i really like the touchpads and find them good enough to say they are worth a try at the very least
>>
>>381872595
Gyro controlls. Dumb fuck reviewers never spend enough time to mention it even tho it's the defining factor in buying the damn thing.
>>
File: Boogie.png (453KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
Boogie.png
453KB, 640x662px
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.