[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we talk about him anymore? He is /one of us/ after all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 17

File: photo (1).jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
74KB, 900x900px
Why don't we talk about him anymore? He is /one of us/ after all.
>>
Getting sick of people arguing over flavortext instead of gameplay mechanics.
>>
He was never one of us. Also became a huge shill for multiple games including Destiny IIRC.
>>
>>381866897
>hey guys my fanfic stolen from YouTube comments and /vg/ threads is cannon kthnxbye
>hey guys DaS2 is GOOD you should play it!
>LATER
>Now I know DaS2 wasn't THAT good and all but guys...
>Fuck Bloodborne, fuck Demon's Souls, donate to my patreon niggers
>Hah I got DaS3 so early thanks From gimme money
>>
every eceleb will be irrelevant one day, some sooner than others
>>
File: tumblr_nd1ctwAxx91r98eu9o1_1280.jpg (80KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd1ctwAxx91r98eu9o1_1280.jpg
80KB, 640x426px
>>381866897
I thought everyone hated him because he just stole 95% of his "theories" from /dsg/, Reddit and Souls fanforums.

Kellogg was more /ourgal/, though she's since reigned in her web presence almost entirely since some fag started stalking her and her bf IRL
>>
File: Dar Souls Dark Wraith.jpg (88KB, 1024x530px) Image search: [Google]
Dar Souls Dark Wraith.jpg
88KB, 1024x530px
No, he's not one of us. PlagueOfGripes is our guy.
>>
>>381867206
>being female
she was asking for it
>>
File: he's right.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>381867269
Should've just focused on being a mother, & a wife.
>>
>>381866897
he admit he's a cheating scum and were banned many times
he is not /our guy/ at all
>>
>>381866897

His fame was based on artificial lore and nobody cares anymore
>>
Because I'm still bitter about him being a major shill and refuse to watch any of his content
>>
His Dark Souls videos were the shit, even if everything was stolen from /v/.
The quality dropped immensely during his DaS II videos and it seemed like he wasn't even trying with his DaS III videos.
>>
>>381867206
Sorry to hear that; i had a few interactions with her over the years (i was friends with a couple of the people in her skype group) and she always came across as being very nice. Plus she was one of the few souls e-celebs who didn't bitch and moan at the Nioh alpha and actually enjoyed it for what it was, so credit there
>>
>>381867223
Constantly whining, being generally wrong, dismissing anyone telling you that you're wrong, and being bad at playing the game?

Sounds like /v/ alright.
>>
File: ragequit.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ragequit.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381868198
>For Honor
>>
>>381867120
DaS2 was good though. This narrative that it's Daikatana tier disaster really needs to stop. DaS3 is the one with the fucked up balance and mechanics.
>>
>>381868325
At least it's not Souls PvP
>>
File: 1cdqL4X.png (184KB, 438x537px) Image search: [Google]
1cdqL4X.png
184KB, 438x537px
>>381866897
>tfw I was the first guy I know of to draw the connection between Rosaria and the Gwyn family
>I posted about it a few times on /dsg/
>every single time the response was "NO SHE'S NOT ANYONE IMPORTANT SHE'S JUST SOME RANDO SHUT UP LOREFAG!!!!"
>six months later Vaati makes a video saying the same shit with minor differences
>now it's fancanon

fuck off vaati
>>
File: TanyaQuackQuack.jpg (42KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
TanyaQuackQuack.jpg
42KB, 600x393px
>>381868515
>The Fire is a cycle cuz we needs sequels
>You will die n' shiet
>Giantz n' shiet
>Ratz wuz kanz n' shiet
>The gods are reincarnated n' shiet
No
>>
>>381866897
Isn't he a trap now?
>>
>>381869272
The fuck are you on
>>
>>381868885
Yeah I guess I never thought about it, but the fire wasn't really mentioned explicitly as a cycle in the first game, was it? It was just either you sacrifice your humanity to the first flame or you become dark lord
>>
>>381869272
Wrong guy that's giant dad man
>>
>>381870218
no joke i would buttplug afro
>>
>>381870083
Well fire burns, it fades, it needs rekindling or it goes out. The first game didn't need to say it outright for that to be obvious.
>>
>>381869272
Nah, that's OnlyAfro. He's legit bi and into crossdressing (Just for laughs haha).
>>
>>381870083
Yes. The ending was very definitive, yet they bullshitted their way past it anyway.
What the fuck happened to the literal king of humanity with his army of giant serpants from the dark ending if it's a "cycle?" Did he just screw off?

Basically they invalidated half of the themes of Dark 1 because money. No wonder Bloodborne was better than Dark 3, because they weren't violating all the rules of an existing fictional universe by making it.
>>
>>381870083
It wasn't confirmed that the darkness wasnt going to be permanent either, case you choose to become the dark lord. Even though the "first flame" did pop out of nowhere, so the universe was most likely always on a cycle.

He is mad the lore didnt go the way he wanted in 2, even thoug it was strongly reinforced by the other games.
>>
>>381870083
The Narrative of Dark Souls 1 is kino, it's just the sequels retconing stuff that made 2, & 3's narrative bad.
>>
>>381870852
My grammar is shit and i really should go sleep, but my point still stands.
>>
>>381870083
>Actually caring about dark souls narrative
I mean, it is there and is a nice detail, but gameplay is so much more important than that.
1>2>3, although the arcade-y style of 2 is my favorite
>>
>>381870852
>It wasn't confirmed that the darkness wasnt going to be permanent either

I know you mean "was" here so I'm just gonna say you can't "never actually confirmed" this one, man.
No hints whatsoever about ANY kind of a cycle was ever made, other than the cycle of keeping the flame alive for fear of what would happen when the cycle ends.

>the "first flame" did pop out of nowhere

Because it's a creation myth. That's how literally every creation myth of all times goes, "suddenly there was a thing that created life."

>He is mad the lore didnt go the way he wanted in 2

Vaati always has dumbass assumptions about lore.

>"GUYS THE DARK SOULS 3 DLC WILL BE LONDOR IT HAS TO BE!!!!"
>it's not Londor and has absolutely nothing to do with Londor
>"OKAY WELL THE NEXT ONE IS GONNA BE LONDOR I KNOW IT WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>still absolutely nothing to do with Londor

No wonder he has to plagiarize all his shit from reddit and /dsg/, he can't come up with anything even close to correct on his own.
>>
>>381866897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1m2M8JdkU
>>
File: kaathe.jpg (66KB, 564x468px) Image search: [Google]
kaathe.jpg
66KB, 564x468px
>>381871084
>not caring about narrative
>>
>>381871084
>the DaS3 hate bandwagon has gone so far that people now call 2 better

C'mon now, dude. 3 is fine. It has possibly the best first playthrough of any of the games, the quality is consistent throughout.
The issue is that replays are garbage and your opinion of the game sours the more you play it as a result, in fact that's the one thing 3 needed to learn from 2. To make its new game+ actually worth playing.
>>
EpicNameBro was more /ourguy/ if you faggots really have to argue about this.
They're all shitty ecelebs that steal from anons though.
>>
>>381871185
I have no fucking idea about who is vaati and what he believes the lore is, but the first game made it pretty clear that
>Fire came out of nowhere during a age of darkness
>Keeping the flame kindled would require multiple sacrifices over time, in some sort of cycle.
It really isnt much of a stretch to accept that even if the kindling cycle were broken, the flame would be able to recover and restart it, thus making the dark lord ending in ds1 as pointless as the link the fire one.

I remember having this kind of discussion on /v/ even before ds2 got released.
>>
>>381866897
>liking someone just because they browse the fourth chan
I have no idea how many people use this site and I have no reference to tell who I'm talking to most of the time, but I'm pretty sure I hate about half the people here.
>>
>>381871582

Confirmed retard.
>>
File: dark souls dark.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls dark.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>381871582
what? The Fire came out of nowhere in an age of Grey, Arch trees, and ever lasting dragons, with the fire came disparity, light, dark, warm cold etc.
>It really isnt much of a stretch to accept that even if the kindling cycle were broken
It's blatantly stated in one that there will be an Age of Dark.
You know what you guys need? To feed off the humanity of other humans.
>>
>>381871540
I would have liked 3 gameplay more if they didn't actually removed a bunch of options and screwed up the balance even more.
Im not saying it is bad. Any of the souls games is easily in the top 5+ of their respective years, just that i felt somewhat disappointed as they failed to learn lessons when they already made 4 games for this series before ds3.
>>
>>381868779
>tfw iktf
Vaati never copied me (because he hates bloodborne) but at one point in /bbg/, amongst all the lore arguing, I just blurted out a long ass post that connected everything in the game lore-wise.
Every once in awhile when I go back I see people still parroting some of the shit I wrote that day.
>>
File: 1459487886696.jpg (25KB, 253x420px) Image search: [Google]
1459487886696.jpg
25KB, 253x420px
>>381871582
>age of darkness

No. It was an age of gray, nothing existed but gray dragons and gray trees in a gray land. Light and darkness didn't exist. This is why everything was immortal.
The dragons and the trees weren't created by fire, and therefore couldn't fade. It wasn't until the fire appeared that mortality came into existence.

The creation of the concept of death is symbolized by the dragons being killed by people who took their power from fire.
Fire is a powerful resource, but it also puts all life in the universe on a ticking clock, requiring constant refueling.
Humans become undead when the fire starts to fade because it reaches a point that is between light and darkness, it's the closest to gray.
The thing which keeps people human is still around, but it's less powerful, and therefore its fading puts people in a state of permanent half-death until it's either rekindled or goes out.
It's the age of fire, the successor to the age of gray, and the age of man is the successor to fire.

This is the entire point. The only cycle is keeping the first flame going.
Do you choose to continue the cycle knowing full-well that the flame will start to fade again later, or do you let it burn out and accept that the age of fire is over? That conventional mortality is gone, just like the age of gray?

Dark Souls II makes it 100% clear that the rekindling ending of the first game is canon, because the undead curse is still around. The age of fire is still lingering, whereas in the first game the dark lord is put into power as soon as the game ends.
You kill the fucking guy who is the current kindling of the fire, burning away with the last of his soul to keep it alive, you snuff out the flame before you make your choice.

There's piles of evidence that the cycle dead stops in the dark lord ending and ZERO evidence that the cycle continues other than "b-b-but they didn't say in literal outright words that the cycle is over!" even though they fucking basically did.
>>
>>381867206
I liked her pictures to explain the lore desu
>>
>>381871560
His old DeS, BB and DaS stuff was comfy fun, his podcast shit felt pretentious shit
>>
File: manletshillya.png (273KB, 634x350px) Image search: [Google]
manletshillya.png
273KB, 634x350px
He sounds like a twat
>>
>>381871940
I'm just mad that nobody ever took any of my Leonhardt lore ideas seriously.
Apparently no youtube lorefags want to talk about the guy who has undoubtedly the most potential backstory of any DaS3 character so he'll just fade into obscurity forever no matter how much I insist.
Considering it took so long to get anyone to realize Rosaria was anything more than a covenant vendor, I guess I'll just go fuck myself.

Fucking goddammit he's the only guy in the game that even approaches the level of motivation of Dark 1 but nobody even cares.
>>
>>381872621
It does kinda suck sometimes.
But to be fair, you can't really expect to get any credit in the first place if you post your ideas on an anonymous image board.
We have to be of the shadows anon. Making people really think with our ideas, really activating their almonds, while we forever hide our powerlevel to the world.
>>
>>381873182
>you can't really expect to get any credit in the first place if you post your ideas on an anonymous image board

I only really get into the lore of a character/place if it's something I think is interesting, I'd rather it be known through someone other than me than not known at all.
I've legit considered doing a video on Leonhard because even after all this time absolutely nobody has done one and there's a ridiculous amount of information about him for just some NPC.
But then I'd be associated with youtube lorefags and I don't think I want that.
>>
>>381866897
Litterally who?
>>
>>381873445
VendrickVidya
>>
>>381867636
>being generally wrong
about what? More or less everything he spouts is reasonable.
Also you forgot the top tier softcore he does on a regular basis.
>>
>>381868885
>caring about DaS's vague ass "story"

If you mentioned DaS2's actual problems like poor level design or underwhelming bosses I might agree.
>>
File: 1497114603791.jpg (71KB, 930x916px) Image search: [Google]
1497114603791.jpg
71KB, 930x916px
>Open a Patreon
>Stop making videos
>>
File: DSL.gif (218KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
DSL.gif
218KB, 400x200px
>>381873629
>The way falconer knights walk
>>
>>381871403
The narrative is literally flavour text, it was kept vague and open ended so complaining a sequel "ruined the story" is fucking stupid.
>>
>>381873735
FUCKING DANIELFROMSL
>>
>>381873741
It wasn't designed to have a sequel, Miyazaki hates sequels. It was the former president of From Soft that signed it up for two sequels. The fire was almost out by the end of DaS it wouldn't have lasted much longer regardless
>The Lords reincarnating
That's pretty damn stupid, if they had gone with a story where you hunt down the other gods to prolong it a bit more following DaS they could've gotten away with it, at the end of the day the Age of Dark would come, the only reason they had the sequel were greed.
>>
>>381866897
fuck off vaati
>>
File: 1497992276601.jpg (112KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1497992276601.jpg
112KB, 600x1066px
>>381869272
No
>>
Now that the souls series is done, what will he do?
>>
>>381874621
That's not even him

He's more fuckable 2bh
>>
>>381873327
I don't blame you. A lot of people I know tell me I should either start streaming or start up a youtube channel. Take one look at any video's comment section and it's easy to see why that's a bad idea in my book. Youtube seems to be filled with some horrid levels of stupidity that act as the very antithesis of education itself. Most comments that I find don't even form coherent, readable sentences.
>>
File: 124191919412.jpg (135KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
124191919412.jpg
135KB, 750x721px
I think he gave dark souls a whole new level of lore, he really was the best thing to happen to the series.
>>
>>381874932
It wasn't him that did that you fucking newfag. He stole all his shit from here and /vg/. Lurk more.
>>
File: wot.jpg (3KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
3KB, 284x160px
>>381874621
That's a trap
>>
>>381874857
Ignoring that comments isn't just some meme. Comments are a tiny portion of a videos viewers.
>>
>>381872430
>dat fuckin neck
>>
>>381875017
looks like youre the newfag ;)
>>
>>381866897
t. vaati
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.