[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

Which one, /v/?
>>
>>381865879
I prefer Ocarina of Time because my simpleton mind can't comprehend Majora's Mask.

It just seems way to complicated for me
>>
Majora's Mask is a technologically superior game in all respects, but Ocarina has the honor of being the one to tread new ground.
>>
File: fuck_off.png (207KB, 301x389px)
fuck_off.png
207KB, 301x389px
>>381865991
Why you gotta falseflag senpai-a-lam?
>>
>>381865879
It's like picking between "Heroes" and Low... I'd say Ocarina of Time on an objective level, Majora's Mask on a subjective level. If I had to pick ONE... Ocarina only because it was first, kinda like Low.
>>
>>381866085
I still dont know what falseflag is
>>
>>381865879
Majora for me, but I love both.
>>
>>381865879
Ocarina has better dungeons and Majora has better side quests.
>>
>>381865879

A New Hope or Empire Strikes Back?

Bioshock 1 or Bioshock 2?

Chicken or egg?
>>
>>381865879
Majora's Mask.
>>
>>381865879
Majora's Mask
>>
>>381865879
One made me feel like a hero on a badass journey. The other one made me feel like an errand boy with someone constantly telling me to start over again. Also the time system is absolutely a gimmick and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. Can someone actually defend Majoras Mask besides "It's dark, I like it, you're just bad at it, the time system isn't that bad"? Because those aren't legit counter arguments and it's frustrating that it has so many cultist/elitist fans.
>>
File: black-guy-thinking[1].jpg (7KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
black-guy-thinking[1].jpg
7KB, 207x207px
>>381867790
>you can't counter my arguments because I don't have one
>>
>>381867992
The time system is only there to cause frustration and a false sense of stress only to pad the length of the game out because they were forced to make it in a fucking year. Anyone who tries to attribute some kind of artistic reason behind it's existence is a fucking autist.
>>
>>381868143
>Digging up this much info to argue with strangers on a Neo-Mongolian Pot Airbrushing Forum
>Getting worked up to the point of ad hominem rants over opinions
>I'm the Autist

Inb4 "but you replied!" Trying to help you check yourself before the wrecking part m8
>>
Majora's Mask but it has nothing to do with the game's tone or anything like that.
>>
>>381866241
Ur good
>>
>>381868575
Nigga it's almost 4 AM and I took a Vicodin today. I should be sleeping but I napped at like 5 PM like a retard so now I'm on /v/ arguing in vain about how much I hate Majora's Mask to other random tards who should also be sleeping.
>>
>>381865879
Majoras Mask stands out more to me. I liked the world and general sense of dread and weirdness the game had as a kid. That being said they're both basically flawless games and I loved them both.

Wind Waker is up there too for me. But I didn't care for Twilight Princess at all. Didn't play SS, really enjoying BotW though.
>>
File: 1340331863633.jpg (31KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1340331863633.jpg
31KB, 320x240px
>>381865879

Ocarina of Time had a traditional story that you could follow with game mechanics that were fun and understandable.

Majora's Mask had a game mechanic that gave you a consistent low level of stress because of the time constraint, and the story was less easy to follow.

So it's either a fun game I can play at my own pace and feel safe in because I can keep all my items and whatever, with an understandable and engaging story, or a game that constantly pressures you to play how it wants you to play (and quick) or else you get penalized.

I hate Majora's Mask because I don't want a game breathing down my fucking neck while I play.
>>
>>381868838
I know exactly that feel man, it's all good. Napped at 4 and now I'm just waiting until 9pm tomorrow so I can get back on a not-nocturnal sleep schedule like a normal fucking person. At least we can all agree there's something in the LoZ franchise for everyone
>>
>>381869110
That's true. Good luck on that sleep schedule. I'm pretty much fucked unless I make myself stay up. Maybe I'll continue my playthrough of Link's Awakening that I started the other day.
>>
>>381865879
Both is the only correct answer
>>
>>381869351
The hardest part about staying up to reset a sleep schedule is not going straight to REM sleep and more or less just napping until 2am instead of sleeping all night. I got meds to help as a last resort tho. Never played Link's Awakening, might try emulating it after I finish Minish Cap and a rerun of Twilight Princess.
>>
>>381869818
Yeah that shit sucks. I've had some pretty bad nights where that happens and you wake up feeling like you're in purgatory. Link's Awakening's pretty good. Simple. Cozy. Problem is the lack of spaces for items so you can only have 2 out at a time but for the time there's not much else they could do. It's good though.
>>
>>381867194
empire, bioshock 1, chicken, majoras mask
>>
>>381870375
Oh yeah, especially sucks since I'm sharing a living space right now so I have to watch my volume. Really sucks to have to wait six hours before you can cook or shower. Anyway I've been replaying older games recently so dated mechanics and visuals aren't very offputting to me. I'll definitely give it a try soon.
>>
>>381865879
MM i really cared for the world and characters also has best boss goht
>>
>>381865879
I enjoyed MM more.
I love sidequests and doing as much as possible before advancing the main quest.
>>
>>381865879
>Link leaves when the Festival of Time starts only to come back to play in the Zora band
This always confused me.
>>
>>381865879
Always preferred OoT. It's emphasis on dungeons, and the more traditional heroic feel of the game has always attracted me more than MM, which is probably my second favourite Zelda after OoT (that or BotW).

>>381867194
OoT
Empire
BS1
FriedEgg
>>
>>381867790
The time system isn't a gimmick because it's actually got a point and is used specifically for a certain kind of gameplay. It was about time management. They made that system so they could experiment with character interactions, giving them very specific schedules over the three-day cycle.
>>
File: green.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
green.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>381865879
Majora, any day. I still respect anyone who likes ocarina better, but a man has his opinions.
>>
>>381869040
I get that, but honestly I fucking love the feeling. Not many other games can capture that in the same way. it just feels so real, the ticking of the clock.
>>
>>381865879
MM is the 64's Magnum Opus alongside Conker's Bad Fur Day (Not that I really like that game)
>>
>>381865879
OoT because I played it first but MM is the better game
>>
>>381869040
Stop playing games, you fucking casual.
>>
>>381865879
OoT is a nice adventure but MM is the closest I can personally say I felt like I was playing 'art'
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.