[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcade stick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I have a Hori fight stick 3, and it works in some PC games and not others. Why is that? Anything I can do?

Because I'm liking this more than my DS3.
>>
dunno mate but you fucked up by no buying cheap datel with superior PCB
>>
It might be some kind of DirectInput/Xinput issue. Try setting up Joy2Key or Xpadder or something like that.
>>
>>381862263
Not OP but I got the same stick. It was only like $40-50. Not expensive at all. Solid stick if you never owned one.
>>
>>381862505
Probably this. Some games are real cunts about whether they accept xinput or not.
>>
What's the best PC stick to buy in this day and age for art modding?
Hori art modding is ass and I want to make a new stick
>>
tocaedit
>>
Download AntiMicro.

Your stick isn't being picked up by newer games because PS3 is DInput instead of XInput. With AntiMicro you can map the buttons to a key on the keyboard.
>>
>>381863474
>Your stick isn't being picked up by newer games because PS3 is DInput instead of XInput.

There's no way to force that as Xinput then?
>>
Can you recommend me a PC stick not that expensive but still good enough for fighting and emulated arcade games? Thanks.
>>
>>381862037
>Why is that?

Does it detect as a PS3/Xbox or as a Hori

because if it detects as a hori some games have no clue what to do with that, so you have to manually define your stick and buttons per game which is a huge pain in the ass.

When it does work though, it's fun
>>
Trying Rosenkreustilette. The butttons work but the joystick doesn't.

I acutally have found I like arcade sticks more than d-pads.
>>
>>381863681
What is "not that expensive" to you anon? I got the RAP4 on sale a couple weeks ago for $130 and I'm loving it so far, but if you don't mind getting one used you might be able to get a deal on ebay. Brand new they normally go for $150 I think, which is mid-range. I wouldn't bother with any $35 sticks, it seems like a waste of money on something that's so flimsy.
>>
Has anyone tried the drone yet? It's a budget stick by Qanba, I assume since I haven't heard any news about it that it's garbage but I was thinking of getting a spare for cheap
>>
>>381863639
Not without some very shady software. Just use AntiMicro. The stuff the other anon recommended is the same thing but AntiMicro isn't Chinese spyware.
>>
>>381862964
madcatz sticks
>>
>>381864186
>Not without some very shady software.

There's SCP toolkit, which isnt' shady. But as far as I know, it doesn't support arcade sticks. Though it probably should.
>>
>>381864285
lmao good luck they're defunct, no longer in production

Might as well get a Razer, functionally the same stick as the Madcatz TE2 (thanks MarkMan) and it's so butt ugly that you basically need to replace the art anyways.
>>
>>381864013
It's a budget stick so you know what you're getting. Cheapo parts in a plastic case. That being said for cheap ass buttons, Qanba does an -okay- job. Definitely on the better end of cheap parts that you'll find. It's pretty convenient for how small it is and that can definitely be a selling point. I know a guy who has one just so he can pick up and practice at his PC whenever he feels like it without it feeling like a huge commitment. If you're looking for a budget stick I'd recommend it over the Hori Fighting Stick Mini.
>>
File: 61oT40Rnx9L._SL1500_.jpg (92KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61oT40Rnx9L._SL1500_.jpg
92KB, 1500x1500px
>>381862964
I just modded a Madcatz Fightstick Alpha I bought on the cheap. (£30 it was)
I spent about £30 in materials to mod it. A Sanwa stick and some Sanwa buttons.

(Sanwa sitck is a pretty easy switch, you need to pry out the metal tab on the bottom of the stick because the cheapo one in the fightstick doesn't unscrew from the top, and the Sanwa snap-in buttons were larger than the stock snap-in cheapo buttons, so I couldn't screw the PCB board back in, and had to bend the cables down and overall had a bit of a squeeze trying to get it all to fit, had to open and rearrange it a couple of times to make sure the buttons weren't getting stuck, but you can use smaller Seimitsu buttons to make it all fit should one wish too. They are easy to remove though since the stock buttons are snap-ins and only connected up with a tiny bit of solder you can cut off with a knife and cheap weak glue. You can then daisy chain the ground and crimp all the wires to rewire it up without solder)

It doesn't like other Xinput controllers (so you need to disconnect them before using it), OR as I found out, MSI Afterburner. Causes the software to crash.

But it works pretty nicely in my opinion.
>>
>>381865060
Art modding, I said
With that angled face I'm guessing it can't take plexis
>>
>>381866097
Ah, nah sorry. Probably couldn't art mod it. Not in a way tht would look good, unless you literally stripped the plastic off and painted it.

Well, I mean the PCB's are pretty small (A small thing strip for the buttons on the top, and a small recangular PCB for the rest of it and like three ribbon cables), so in theory you could make your own case for it, and then apply art to it.

If you get it dirt cheap, the PCBs alone are a good investment. (Since they can be pricey)
>>
>>381862964
You can get a Qanba Q4 on the cheap these days. They already have plexis that you can remove for easy art mods.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.