[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disgaea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: dis1_st_2017-06-26_01-44-19.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dis1_st_2017-06-26_01-44-19.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I picked up Disgaea PC a bit ago due to some comments from people round here, and I'm totally confused by this transmigration crap. I looked up some info on the wiki and gamefaqs, but neither of them told me when I should or shouldn't do it. I know that I can do it and sort of how it works, but I'd really appreciate some advice.
>>
>>381861909
You should at least do it when you are level 1000 and up. after getting the required statisticians, you must do it in level 9999 to get the max bonus points
>>
>>381862494
I know stats and skills carry over (sorta), but do you gain anything else?

A bit unrelated (I think?) but I read to get a level 5 fire/ice/wind skull/mage to get a star skull/mage. Do the star magic users only know star magic, or can they learn fire/ice/wind?
>>
>>381862654
star mage only learns star magic. the highest mage tier learns all but can never get the highest tier of magic

to get most out of your mage, reincarnate first fire/ice/wind, learn the highest tier magics, then to star mage, then to the last tier for the bonus stats and weapon aptitudes
>>
>>381862654
iirc they can learn any magic, but i generally use flonne as my all-purpose magic/healer, no need to train them up until post game for their ultimate spells
>>
>>381862823
So, for example, level up my ice skull to learn the best ice spell, reincarnate as fire skull, repeat, and then eventually reincarnate as star skull? Should I reincarnate immediately upon learning the best ice/fire/wind spell or wait?
>>
>>381862962
yes. thats the trick to make the mages useful. mages are much more useful than the other classes since magics goes a long way in the game.

its always best to reincarnate everyone at 9999 to get most out of bonus points and starting stats
>>
>>381863576
..is getting level 9999 easy? I was planning to just play the story and maybe a bit more.
>>
Should I get Disgaea or just skip to 2.

When ever I hear people rank them 1 is low because its a bit primitive. Will I be totally fucking confused if I jump into 2 or does it at least ease new players in?
>>
>>381863904
Disgaea 1 is better then 2.
>>
>>381863675
subdue statisticians in item world. statisticians increase your exp rate. a 32 statistician would increase your exp rate by 32% it is capped by 300%.

max increase enemy level bill and land of ordeal with your chara equipped with item with max statistician would increase your character to level 9999 easy
>>
>>381863675
In D1 hitting 9999 takes a while, longer than other games at least. If I were you I'd finish the main story, then do Etna mode in a New Game+ then consider moving on to D2, D1's postgame is nice but also pretty sluggish compared to later entires. It's all up to you, however.
>>381863904
D1 is fine if you're new to the series, people only recommend playing them in order because each game adds so many quality of life updates with each new game, thus making going backwards difficult. That being said, if D1 is your first, it's a good ride. D2 does a great job of easing players in, but if you have the time, play both of them.
>>
>>381863904

2 is considered the worst one due to unlikable characters and awful setting too. Some will cry m-muh r-rozalin because shes the only "likeable" character (read: waifu material), but Disgaea 1 definitely tops it in every shape and form.

2 was mostly Quality of Life changes that in the end, didn't change anything at all.
>>
>>381864170
>>381864093
Thanks for all the help, guys. I was playing and noticed that Laharl gained the ability to use star then realised that he learned it because I made a star skull his pupil..

One of the guides recommends doing that for Flonne so she has some offensive magic. Would she need to learn the better star magicks from a star mage/skull, or will she learn them just by using star magic herself?
>>
File: 1448765858666.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1448765858666.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
>>381864170
>>381864385

Thanks for the tips. Ill just stick to 1 and if its my jam Ill go to 2.
>>
>>381861909
You reincarnate when:
1: a character you love has overlevelled and you want to keep using them without destroying the balance of the game
2: You want to start handling post-game so you grind up one or two characters to 4-500, reincarnate once, level up again to around 100, then reincarnate a second time (You reincarnate the second time because you don't get your level bonus until your NEXT reincarnation, they didn't fix this until later. You level a bit before reincarnating the second time for your yellow bars) bonus points, dump all the points into Attack or Intelligence, then move on with your life
3: You have gone full autismo and want to max everything, so you set up your character with too many statisticians, gear which took you hundreds of hours, then just start spamming 9999 reincarnations until you hit 108K
>>
>>381864385
Shit taste, D2 is held to a really high regard by just about every fan, it's D3 where things get iffy, but D2 is a great game.
>>381864389
Yeah, you figured out the master/pupil system. To put it simply, if you have one unit create another unit, then have the two units stand next to eachother, the master can use the pupil's magic skills. This applies to any magical skill, so it would be worth your while to have your offensive mage character learn healing magic, and have your damage dealers learn the move Espoir, which heals status conditions. Try to abuse it as much as you can.
As for Flonne, she learns no magic skills by herself, so master/pupil system is a must for her. Both offensive and heal spells. Power of Love only takes you so far.
It's important that you keep using the Pupil units under Flonne though. You don't wanna be stuck with just a basic Star against a boss. As they learn better magic, Flonne can learn from them, and having more mages is always a good idea in D1.
>>
>>381864389
>>381864983
Oh shit, forgot to add, to have a Master learn the Pupil's skill permanently, use the skill 5 times. This can be done easily by taking them to the first tutorial level. The pupil has to stay alive though, so if you're working with a lv. 1 pupil, have them stand next to each other, have the master use the skill, then cancel the pupil's movement and have them stay in the base panel as you end the turn.
>>
>>381865115
Can the pupil learn things from the master, or does it only go one way? I'm assuming no one else can learn Laharl's skills.
>>
>>381865175
It only goes one way sadly. For a master+pupil system, the pupil really doesn't get much out of it, huh? That's just how the Netherworld works.
Masters and Pupils have a really high chance to do a team attack together at least, going up to 99% if they have the same weapon and the master initiates, but that's about it.
>>
>>381864385
>>381864983
D2 and D3 are generally points of contention. For some, impossible to determine reason, some people love D2 while think D3 was a mistake, while others think D2 was a failure, and D3 reignited the spark of the series.
You will rarely find someone that either liked both, or disliked both (that likes the series as a whole).
Note that this is generally not a mechanical distinction. There are some that despise the Skill Shop system introduced in 3, but otherwise mechanically it is accepted that the games just get better over time.

I think it comes down to atmosphere. D2 was a much more subdued parody, while D3 was far more outrageous.
>>
>>381864389
In the early games, Fire+Ice+Wind>Star. Because everything is 50% weak to something (Barring the rare no weakness, no resistance foe), you will deal more damage tagging the weakness than you will from Star's marginally higher damage output and higher skill level from overuse.
In 2, there is a small niche for Star specifically for Dragons, Warslugs, and Cu Sith, who can be "weak" to the element they are immune to, thus making Star a marginally better choice than the neutral element.
From 3 onward, enemies have designated resistances, including some with NO inherent weaknesses. There it's generally better to run Star, though missing out on a 70% weakness is painful, and as of 3, Star no longer has the minor power increase over the other 3.
Come 5, Star resistance and weakness is a thing, so just run all 4.
>>
>>381866768
Are you referring to the basic level of each type of magic or them in general?
>>
don't mind me
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.