[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's generally considered to be the best version of the 3DS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

What's generally considered to be the best version of the 3DS?
>>
N3DSXL > N3DS > 2DS > N2DSXL
>>
N3DSXL

5 inch screen plus optional 3D>3.5 screen with opional or no 3D
>>
2DS is the comfiest
>>
>>381860565
The N3DS line is a direct upgrade to the O3DS
Normal size or XL is up to preference, but I've come to really like my N3DS XL
The 2DS line is for budget buyers only, they have some minor drawbacks compared to the 3DS, like the O2DS not having a folding design, or the N2DS having the speaking where your fucking hands would cover them
>>
>>381860565
N3DS > N2DSXL > 3DS > N3DSXL > 3DSXL
>>
Depends. N3DSXL if you are going for clam shell. 2DS is thicker so it lets you grip is much better.
>>381861243
>or the N2DS having the speaking where your fucking hands would cover them
No. Why would your hands or fingers be above the circle pad or below the trigger?
>>
The New 2DS is so fucking stupid.

I mean, I get the point of the 2DS. Cheap toy of $79, that makes sense. But $150? The N3DSXl has been on sale cheaper than that.. I really don't get what the fuck they're thinking
>>
Good source for an R4 for a ds lite?
>>
File: speakers.png (133KB, 384x326px) Image search: [Google]
speakers.png
133KB, 384x326px
>>381861778
What do you mean? aren't these the speakers here?
Y'know, right where your palms would cup the console?
>>
If you play a lot of DS games through a flashcart or official cartridges, go with the N3DSXL or the N2DSXL.

When you hold start when booting a DS game, it puts it into 1:1 pixel mode.
This makes the reduced screen area the exact same size as a DSLite/DSi screen (with black borders), Otherwise it looks blurry.
On the small 3DS the 1:1 screen is small as fuck.

Also the 3DSXL it way easier to hold if you're over the age of 10. I have small hands and the 3DSXL is still more cumfee. Worth it for a little less pixel density.
>>
>>381861778
>>381861991
Oh, I see what you mean. I was talking about the NEW 2ds's speakers, not the o2ds
>>
>>381862123
Ahh I see.
>>
>>381860565
aesthetics and form factor wise, the N3DS. dem colored buttons.
did they ever release an NA version, though?
>>
>>381862342
Only as special editions in white. The black one got a super limited release last black friday. I got one and I'm afraid to use it because I don't want anything to happen to it. NOA really dropped the ball on that one.
>>
>>381860565
>3DS
>3DS XL
>2DS
>New 3DS
>New 3DS XL
>New 2DS
its okay when Nintendo does it. Seriously what the fuck is this over saturated shitfest of a generation
>>
XL for action orientated games, try playing something like Monster Hunter on the tiny 3DS screen, it's awful in comparison.
>>
>>381860565
N3DSXL>N2DSXL>N3DS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>trash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2DS
>>
>>381860565
N3DSxl>N3DS=N2DSxl>3DSxl>2DS>3DS

N3DS and N2DSxl are equal because it comes down to preference of 3d or screen size, which case I would imagine most would pick screen size over 3d
>>
>>381860565
New 3ds xl
>>
>>381860565
new 3ds xl
>>
>>381860657
>piece of shit 2ds over n2dsxl

what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>381860565
New 3DS XL
Largest screen, has the extra improved 3D, works slightly better, some have IPS screens.
Worst is the 2DS (normal)
Small screen, cheap build, no optional 3D, works same as O3DS, can't fold and as a result is bulky, and they all have shitty TN screens afaik, with no IPS at all.
>>
Every 3ds > N2ds > 2ds

Is all screen resolution niggas
>>
>>381860746
This. I bought a backup as a 2DS to play grindy shit like Pokemon and Monster Hunter (didn't want my Zelda edition 3DS getting wrecked). I've treated it like dogshit, and it still holds up. And having both screen on the same "plane" and not having a weird top/bottom weight difference works wonders for comfort. Oh and Start/Select being actual round buttons is really damn good for games that let you remap controls.

But whichever model has a bigger screen and more power underneath is always the winner. If there were a 2DS rerelease with the same dimensions but had a hardware upgrade, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.