[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is FF7 the best one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: FF7 black.png (520KB, 1069x519px) Image search: [Google]
FF7 black.png
520KB, 1069x519px
Is FF7 the best one?
>>
>doesn't have a retarded magic system like FF8
>doesn't have useless summons like FF12 and FF9
>characters are actually interesting, unlike FF12
>game doesn't end like a David Lynch film like FF 15
>game actually has an open world unlike FFX

Yeah, it's the best one
>>
>>381858726
No

>villain is a wicked sense of humor white-haired swordsman with a weapon taller than he is

it's anime: the videogame

Final Fantasy VI is the best for music and story (noen of them have good stories, but at least in VI the rationality for villain destroying the world (he's insane) works).
>>
>>381858910
Having only played a few hours of VI, I can already tell it's the best game this shitshow of a series ever shat out. It's actually *good*
>>
>>381858994
It's nice in that it doesn't force you into fighting 100 fucking random encounters every dungeon.

You can grind if you want but it's really not necessary.

The only downside is a lack of really challenging enemies for the end-game. Unless you're playing the version that tacks on some repeatable dungeon thing.

Also I hope you're playing SNES, Steam version is mobile which looks like cancer.
>>
>>381858910

Sephiroth is also insane, just the efficient type. Also if I described his personality, I would call him jubilant. He's, after becoming a villain, always super excited about his nonsense, yammering on and on about it, if asked, while no one knows what he's talking about.

There's no way the Remake Sephiroth voice direction of the Compilation will be able to capture this. He's like a totally different character than they prepared the voice actor for.

>>381858726

It would be a respectable stance to take. I personally have it as a fourth favorite, but without taking my own views into account, it's either the best or second best after VI.
>>
>>381861548
>Sephiroth is also insane
Did they ever explain why he's insane?

It seems clear in Kefka's case he's augmented himself way too much with magic. The last dungeon is the game is the representation of his madness.

https://youtu.be/sLpjPht5mvg?t=2h23m21s
>>
>>381862375

>Did they ever explain why he's insane?

No, they didn't. It's just evident that he is. You can pick your reason. Mind broken by the revelation of what he is in the reactor, clinging to his new "heritage" after which falling into the Lifestream has that stripped away and constructs a new goal of becoming a god. Might've gotten a Mako poisoning while at it. Receiving all the Planet's knowledge changed him. Jenova influence. Inherited insanity from Hojo.
>>
>>381858910
As hard as it may be for you to fathom, some of us here are actual fans of the Final Fantasy series (pre FFX) and Square's work in general. You can try to bash me becuase I happen to be a dedicated fan of perhaps the most poignant, painstakingly woven tapestry of love, loss and vengeance ever to pen put from pen to paper, but you would fail, just like all you flamers do in real life. Who can say that the minds at Square Enix (note: appropriate portmanteau is SQUENIX, not the laughable SQUEENIX)were it not inspired by the works of William Shakespeare or Chuck Palahniuk? Cloud's bastard sword has more akin with the bastard sons of Macbeth than it does to any armament or basilard of the time. The Honey Bee Club in Midgar reminds me more of the Fight Clubs than any brothel. So please, use your brains, not your sarcasm, and step up to the intellectual plate, or leave this board and take your "Haterade" with you.
>>
post em boys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjuMMJHhuZg
>>
>>381858726
GOD DAYUM TIFFA LOOK LIKE DAT?
>>
so is ffvi really good? might buy it cuz its only 8 bucks
>>
>>381858726
FFVII Chortles my ball bag. All you need is FF Tactics. Now go get it and stop pestering /v/.
>>
File: 1412393416100.gif (722KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
1412393416100.gif
722KB, 400x222px
>>381864156
>That shameless recycling, mish-mash of assets for a pointless browser app
makes me mad desu
>>
>>381864472
Do not buy the Steam version.

Do NOT buy the Steam version.

I will upload a ROM of the SNES if you tell me where I can do it without signing up for something. Seriously don't play the Steam version. It's ass.
>>
>>381864524
bro, theres so many characters they made into actual 2d chars that look good its not even funny. as far as limit breaks, these old games HAD no limit breaks....theres close to 800 ORIGINALLY MADE limit breaks called soulbreaks.....as you can see, multiplayer is legit as well.....take cyans burst here.

Cyan had his busted ass weird samurai thing going on that never worked, but this....is an original burst the devs made...that increases your parties critical hit rate a large amount for 25 in game seconds, and puts him into burst mode.....and his burst SUCKS compared to others.
>>
>>381865190
I have no clue what you're talking about. And none of that shit matters anyway. This hebephrenic mash-up of installments have zero to do with the classic games it pilfers art, music and sound from.
>>
TAKE CYANS BURST HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOyHoOhJ5tA&t=3m36s
>>
>>381865423
you havent even PLAYED the shit. It doesn't sound like your a classic sprite based rpg game fan to me. i don't like most mobile games, but iv'e played this shit for 2 years. it's as ATB heavy, crazy combat, thousands of machanics heavy while keeping it in old school format as it literally gets.

guess uncultured swine like you would LOVE brave exvius....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQS1_RIB-Bs&t=1s
>>
WHY IS BLACK SEPHIROTH SO FUCKING COOL
>>
File: 1434567226880.jpg (7KB, 172x225px) Image search: [Google]
1434567226880.jpg
7KB, 172x225px
>>381865572
Bro are you fuckin memein me right now
>>
>>381865614
cause sephiroth a real nigga
>>
>>381864608
>I will upload a ROM of the SNES
The GBA port with restored music and visuals is the best way to play it if you're emulating.
>>
>>381865614
Sefuross
>>
Why does Sephiroth have darker skin and blacker features than cloud with blonde hair and light skin? What the fuck?
>>
>>381858726
Those are actually some pretty cool fucking character designs
>>
>>381865614
Because those designs are actually good in the sense that they stay true to the spirit of the character despite the change to appearance. Black Sephiroth actually still looks and feels like Sephiroth. The same goes for Barret and Tifa, somewhat.

Not Cloud though. Fucker looks like Jaden Smith.
>>
File: FFVI_Gba_vs_Snes.png (302KB, 639x213px) Image search: [Google]
FFVI_Gba_vs_Snes.png
302KB, 639x213px
>>381865759
>restored music and visuals
it's probably a matter of taste on the visuals. i feel the GBA is washed out and misses the point of the darker, baroque look of VI.

I have heard the music is absolutely of inferior quality, and I have little doubt that's true.
>>
>estuans interius
>irae vehementis
>SEPHIROTH
>BITCH
>>
>>381858726
My last digit was the best one.
>>
C-C-C-Combo Breaker! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aPJ-phg-M&t=151s
>>
>>381865918
Jaden Smith is the exact type of individual who would say Let's Mosey before the final battle.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.