[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy 3DS Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 27

Let's have a comfy 3DS thread:

>What are you playing tonight?
>What game are you looking forward to the most?
>Have you hacked your 3DS yet?
>Will you buy a Switch if you don't have one already?
>>
Oh, I forgot:

>Do you actually use the 3D function when playing games?
>>
2ds poorfags are welcome too I guess
>>
>>381847065
Yes of course I do
I really do not understand people who do not. Do they also just choose to play on standard tvs too?
>>
>>381847462
>I really do not understand people who do not

muh headaches mostly. I thought it was a cheap gimmick unit I bought one myself, now I can't play without it. although if it's a fast game my eyes do start to strain a bit.
>>
>>381846859
Fantasy Life, Ever Oasis made me want to replay it

FUCKING 2D METROID

No, I don't really see the need to, I like buying games.

Switch is $700 where I live because "foreign electronics tax", our fucking governments are the Asian equivalent of Jews. Waiting for a price drop.
>>
File: Agnes.png (209KB, 698x1145px)
Agnes.png
209KB, 698x1145px
>>381846859
>>What are you playing tonight?
Bravely Default. It's retarded how good Spiritmaster is. One Cura alone with Holy One is almost enough to fully heal my entire party. Agnes is my Spiritmaster and she does not die with Angelic Ward, Damage Dispersion, and a Bloody Shield.
>>What game are you looking forward to the most?
Samus Returns
>>Have you hacked your 3DS yet?
No
>>Will you buy a Switch if you don't have one already?
I already have one
>>
>>381848235
>Fantasy Life
is it good anon? I don't generally like (J)RPG's, but the mobile platform seems well suited for them. I tried Xenoblade Chronicles and hated it immediately.
>>
File: ever-oasis-2.jpg (314KB, 745x682px) Image search: [Google]
ever-oasis-2.jpg
314KB, 745x682px
Is it good?
>>
>>381846859
How 2 hax 3ds?
>>
Pkmn Moon
Ultra Sun or that metroid game. Still been wanting to play yokai watch and finish bravely default and bravely second
no
Not unless I have to to play pokemans
Not very often. Now and then I'll switch it on to see what that section of the game looks like in case the 3d adds a cool visual effect but I very quickly get tired of it and switch it back off. Been playing on my atomic blue 2ds more often recently anyway
>>
>>381846859
>>381846859
>>>What are you playing tonight?
Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Pokemon Yellow on VC

>>What game are you looking forward
to the most?
Metroid Prime 4, Samus Returns, Pokemon Gold/silver on VC because I'm a nostalgiafag, hey pikmin..... one of these

no
Already did
>>
File: Unlimited_Cruise_SP_3DS.png (747KB, 539x479px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited_Cruise_SP_3DS.png
747KB, 539x479px
>>381846859
ive been playing one piece unlimited cruise SP. pretty fun getting to explore the Sunny

and it never even crosses my mind to turn the 3d on in any game i play
>>
>>381846859
Ever Oasis

It was so soon, but I can't really think of any upcoming comes that I am all that excited for. Miitopia had a fun demo. Also ToT DLC.

Haven't hacked my 3DS yet

Waiting for more games to be on the Switch before I take the plunge.

>>381849309
It's a nice comfy game if you take your time on it. Combat is okay and only real trouble you get in if there are multiple monsters on the screen. Resupplying stores does get repetitive and haven't had a need to craft too much. Usually quest are to give the resident a certain amount of items, but I haven't had to do much fetching since I like to grind for material. If you have a Toys R Us near you, they are selling the game for $30 for some odd reason.
>>
Ever Oasis
Radiant Historia looks interesting
No
Most likely before Xeno2/ Mario odyssey
>>
I'm about to buy an R4 card so I can have all of the good DS games.
>>
Tonight, I kept fucking up and deleting and redownloading the files from https://3ds-guide.b4k.co/ and now my 3ds will not start up at all. Idk what to do and while I haven't played it a lot over all I will be a bit sad if it's completely ruined.
>>
>>381852985
>good DS games

I honestly can't think of any besides Diamond and Pearl. Graphics suck and touch controls are shoehorned in at every instant. The DS was a mistake.
>>
>>381853434
Nigga how in the world do you fuck up using 3DS guide? If your 3DS is totally bricked you might as well buy a New 3DS XL since they're bretty nice (and comfy)
>>
File: illust.png (361KB, 640x552px)
illust.png
361KB, 640x552px
>>381846859
oh shit OP you have my heartfelt thanks

I came into this thread just to say I was looking forward to the Alliance Alive, but I'm fucking retarded and wasn't paying enough attention to notice it came out 3 days ago
it's downloading now, and that'll be my night

that said- yes, no, and I have a habit of turning the 3D on when something starts that's clearly designed to look cool, like final bosses, but leaving it off otherwise
I've been catching myself trying to do it with NDS shit too
>>
>>381853580
Kill yourself
>>
Ever Oasis

Radiant Historia

Just updated to B9 today

No, I have hundreds of hours worth of 3ds games to keep me occupied
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 286x360px)
Capture.png
15KB, 286x360px
>>381853580
While D&P are my favorite gen, I disagree. Plenty of DS games are great. This is all I have downloaded so far, and most are great (minus Chaos Theory. It's a shit port but I have ultra-nostalgia for it)
>>
File: 1498220526228.png (90KB, 336x258px) Image search: [Google]
1498220526228.png
90KB, 336x258px
>>381846859
Maybe pokemon moon
Strange Journey
Yes and I'm still on emunand using luma because I still don't want to deal with switching again
Not until a revision
>>
>>381853580

You clearly weren't fucking older than 5 when the DS came out.
>>
>>381853825
wow I didn't even know about this, this seems like a game right up my alley!!

I haven't been looking for new releases and I thought I was pretty familiar with the whole library but I'm excited to download this. Good looking out senpai.
>>
>>381848642
Try to grind for max level Spiritmaster, Fairy Ward, Stillness, and Enigma is enough to cheese the whole game, even the Ba'als.
>>
File: 1489960089981.jpg (153KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1489960089981.jpg
153KB, 1440x810px
Pokemon Yellow on my hacked 3ds. I'd forgotten how easy gen 1 was, finding myself skipping trainers. Having fun with my team though; pikachu, butterfree, primeape, hypno and ponyta. Going to get omanyte soon
>>
Should I get harvest moon or animal crossing? I'll be getting the latest ones btw
>>
>>381852587
how are you liking ever oasis?
>>
>>381854609
>Just updated to B9 today

Is it worth the hassle? I used soundhax for my 3ds since it came with 11.3 firmware, but I'm always paranoid that I'll update it accidentally one of these days and lose all my games
>>
>>381855730
Too early to confirm but it looks to be good not great.
>>
>>381855728
animal crossing. I hated city folk and expected that new leaf would be more of the same but it's actually fantastic and extremely comfy.
>>
Is the MGS3 port any good? I've been playing through the whole Metal Gear series on an emulator, but I can't get 3 to work for some reason.
>>
Ever Oasis. Though it reminds me that I left Rune Factory 4 on the last dungeon and should probably finish that one of these days.
Metroid, Etrian Odyssey V, Strange Journey Redux
Mine was soft hacked for a little while, but I didn't use it for piracy and when it asked for an update I just said screw it and let it do it's thing.
Already got one. Couldn't resist after everyone said Zelda was a GOTY contender.
>>
>>381855728
I hope you meant Story of Seasons.
Harvest moon is no longer a good series.
>>
>>381855901
I updated my 3ds from A9LH to B9 for just two minor reasons

1. To get rid of those system update messages (I was on 11.2)
2. I like to update everything to the most recent.

Might be worth updating to B9 for future proofing but I didn't see any benefit
>>
>>381856106
Fuck no. The framerate is terrible though some of the textures are better. If you have no other way to play it i suppose, nut holy shit its just awful on the 3ds
>>
>>381855560
>playing through yellow on VC
>remember someone actually found a way to get mew
>get two
>one of them is an HM slave
That's when I used a mythical Pokémon for chores
>>
File: 1452058777628.png (38KB, 184x184px)
1452058777628.png
38KB, 184x184px
>>381846859
animal crossing, catching some scarabs in the island to get some bells
Ultra sun and moon/ monster hunter stories
Yep
probably I'm going to buy one when they release that new pokemon game
>>
>>381856256
I've never played them, I want something like stardue valley
>>
>>381856358
even with the c-stick and overclocking the CPU?
>>
>>381856627
Lemme educate ya real quick.
Harvest Moon is a name owned by an American company now so the games that were called harvest moon are now called by a translation of the original Japanese name: Story of Seasons.
It's the better series as the newer harvest moons are barebones experiences that try to be Minecraft.
But Rune Factory 4 is closer to stardew than either of those.
>>
File: DKCoconutShooter.jpg (9KB, 163x125px)
DKCoconutShooter.jpg
9KB, 163x125px
Maybe play keep playing Heartgold or Metroid Pinball
Metroid 2 remake even though I have original on gba
No
Maybe when they release a version with backwards compatibility and work out the kinks for a better version. I like the lineup for now but I'm just not into the buy when it's new mentality because it's always flawed on release.

Anybody else like to watch tv and movies while playing handhelds? What's your go to series/movie?
>>
>>381857007
Thanks anon I'll check rune out
>>
What's the latest hackable firmware?
I have two 3DSes, one American and one Japanese. I might hack the JP one cause it hasn't seen any action since last taiko no tatsujin came out.
And if that means I can hock all my physical games, even better.
>>
>>381852587
to add to this

Every single time, feels weird now when I don't
>>
>>381857047
>version with backwards compatibility
I hope you mean virtual console, cause there's no way in hell they can make it backwards compatible with Wii U, Wii or Gamecube. Control options are too different without the original hardware.
>>
>>381857245
It's a ton of fun.
Combat is a little bland but the farming and questing and forging all make up for what combat lacks.
>>
any games like stardew valley that i can just pop in and out

i need my animal crossing fix

even an mmo or something, anything that isnt minecraft

please
>>
>>381846859
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked.
Etrian Odyssey 4, I only just got this console and don't have much on it.
No, don't want to.
No, I have a heavy PC backlog.
>>
>tfw all of the games that you enjoy for the 3DS are first party

Welp, fortunately there are many
>>
>>381857454
I want 3ds and ds but yeah it's probably not likely at all considering they're still supporting 3ds. I just like backwards compatibility in my hardware because the investment is doubled for me in case my old console dies.

I know I'm a faggot for wanting this so go ahead point and laugh.
>>
has anyone had success in overclocking their new 3ds? I just want a qr code because I'm lazy and dumb
>>
How come nobody takes their 3DS with them anymore? I got only 20 street passes this past motor city comicon, whereas two years ago I got hundreds
>>
>>381857576
Not Animal Crossing or like that but I love Resident Evil Revelations and Mercs3D because of their pick up and playability.
>>
>>381857864
Nah, I feel you.
I think the Switch is still worth it even without that though.
>>
why the fuck are people saying fire emblem echoes is archaic?

it's fucking fire emblem?
>>
>>381858015
I fucking wish they would port REmaster (or RE2) to the 3ds. the whole fucking game is practically a .jpg so how hard could it be?
>>
File: 1497848515778.png (639KB, 1280x720px)
1497848515778.png
639KB, 1280x720px
>Ever Oasis
>Samus Returns, Etrian Odyssey V, Monster Hunter Stories, Pokemon Ultra Sun, probably Kirby fighting game
>nope but I did a spare system I originally bought as a backup in case my main ever broke, use it solely for save backups and the two EU imports I bought
>probably at the end of the year for Odyssey and Xenoblade but I really hate the hardware as it is
>always felt 3D was a shit gimmick, will occasionally turn it on but it never leaves a lasting impression

>>381849309
Doesn't really feel clearly flawed to me in any way, because everything works, but it doesn't excel anywhere either. I'd say the combat is the easiest area they should try to improve on.

>>381857576
If you just want a huge-ass timesink, Fantasy Life is probably your go-to.
>>
>>381858124
awakening babbies
>>
>>381857948
the new 3ds is too expensive. don't want to damage it
>>
File: 1489202841515s.jpg (4KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
1489202841515s.jpg
4KB, 250x176px
>>381857948
>motor city
>Detroit

I really wonder why you wouldn't take something worth money with you?
>>
>>381858240
awakening was my first fire emblem, and I don't see any difference between the 2
>>
>>381858193
They did make that ds version of the first game but yeah itd be cool. I just can't believe that Rev2 was ported to Vita and it's worse than Rev1 on 3ds. Only reason I haven't played Revelations on anything else because it got ported is the fact it just looks like another tps on console even with additional content like Rachel and more raid mode.

Revelations is still the best looking game on 3ds period and pure magic because of how well it runs.
>>
>>381856684
its better actually but still not that good
>>
File: 8230844_f260[1].jpg (21KB, 260x523px)
8230844_f260[1].jpg
21KB, 260x523px
Shin Megami Tensei 4

I'm not sure, I haven't really looked at the upcoming releases

Yes

When they stop being sold out and get more games sure
>>
>>381856358
The game's locked at like 20~24fps so even overclocking can't save it. It's a shame because otherwise it's arguably the best version of Snake Eater.
>>
I wannah play new leaf again but everytime I get on I just have so much shit in my inventory and storage and I'm a hoarder. Should I just clear out my shit, empty my house and start fresh with wardrobe and decoration?
>>
>>381858685
MT Frameworks, man.
>>
>>381859027
Even playing Mercs3D with the enemies literally stuttering into frame in the distance it still runs and looks good. Shit capcom should have made more games with that engine instead of literal shit like DR4.
>>
bought a 3ds just because I love monster hunter. Im enjoying them all a pretty good amount.
I have a dumb question.
>how do i use streetpass? What is it for?
>>
>>381858774
welp, sometimes I wish I had a vita so I could play the hd collection. but alas it has no games
>>
>>381846859
I'm playing more Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, because I love the series and need a nice feel-good game right now
I'm interested in the Metroid remake coming for the 3ds, never got into the series before, let alone played the GBC one, so it should be real neat
Yes, I've hacked my 3ds
I will buy a switch, but probably not this year. The 3ds is still great, and the switch doesn't have enough games yet to justify the purchase

>>381847065
No, it kinda hurts my eyes using it for too long, although the improved 3D of the n3ds is actually neat
>>
>>381858980
I was like you once. Declutter your life and mind, anon. It's the key to good design.
>>
Are the Fire Emblem games on 3DS worth playing / a good starting point to the series? I see Awakening as being particularly polarizing.
>>
>>381859789
No, play them in release order or at least start with the GBA games
>>
Thinking of getting into the Phoenix Wright series through the remastered trilogy on the 3DS since it's cheaper. How well does it stack up against it's DS counterpart?
>>
>>381846859
Ever Oasis
Strange Journey
I have two, one is hacked and the other for online stuff.
Already have one.
>>
>>381860393
They're literally the same games, but with slightly nicer looking art
>>
>>381859789
Awakening is a very easy entry point with all its QoL but there's very little strategy with its maps and the story and all that is weak. Fates has better gameplay, with Birthright being more accommodating for newcomers and casuals than Conquest, but the story stuff is absolutely fucking retarded. Echoes actually has a good story but like Awakening there's less real strategy to be had and in general it's an outlier for the series with the RPG elements being way more prominent.

The localized GBA games "Fire Emblem" and Sacred Stones are probably the best starting points for letting you more easily jump off to other entries. The sleek UI and QoL stuff of the 3DS games may make it very hard to go back to older entries.
>>
SMT Strange Journey, though technically not 3ds it's my first main SMT.
Radiant Historia, I was meaning to try the original but never got around to it. Maybe Metroid.
No
Depends which JRPG exclusives it gets.
>>
File: ace attorney guide 3.png (2MB, 3000x2434px) Image search: [Google]
ace attorney guide 3.png
2MB, 3000x2434px
>>381860393
Same games but they put all the sprites through a filter and it looks kinda shit. They're also missing some animation frames which is pretty shit. Play the DS versions since they're cheap and AA4, AAI, and AAI2 are DS-only, or get a flashcart (which you'll need to play AAI2's fan translation on console anyway).
>>
>>381859789
>>381860197
don't listen to this fag, start with awakening or echoes
>>
>>381859334
I've literally never used street pass because I don't walk around with mine or leave it on to kill the battery when I'm not playing.

Some games have shit like you can fight other players characters that have recorded moves or some shit. I think only Link Between Worlds and Shovel Knight has it but like I said never used it. Mostly for japs that actually socialize while gaming on trains and shit.
>>
File: 1497240878481.jpg (921KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1497240878481.jpg
921KB, 1680x1050px
>>381846859
I bought this game a few days ago, I heard it is a nice entrypoint into the SMT franchise for any beginners.

what am I in for?
>>
jesus christ is super smash bros for fucking babies? what an awful game
>>
>>381861381
One of the most unforgiving early games ever made on the 3ds. Save often or you'll regret it

Also Isabeau is best girl
>>
>TFW moved over to PC and can't really enjoy console games much anymore.

It's a pity. I did hack my 3DS too. Haven't checked if Nintendo bricked it or whatever in a while.
>>
>>381860656
AA4 is on mobile, too.
Stille, play The DS versions indeed.
>>
File: 1490595886012.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490595886012.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>tfw 3DS battery is dying and is scratched up from too many fumbles
When are they going to restock N3DSs?
>>
>>381861381
Get BUFU on at least three characters as early as you can, go all magic agility luck stats, use your buffs/debuff spells, save often, OFTEN.
>>
>>381861784
AA4 mobile is shit, buggy as fuck.

DS versions are the originals, will always be the best versions.
>>
>>381861381
I dropped it after the 11th boss, expect one of the most simplistic and shallow combat in a JRPG with a lot of RNG involved.
Sure it gets somewhat hard sometimes but when I got through those walls I didn't feel acomplished, I felt like I lucked out.
>>
>every piece of software got erased from your sd including the homebrew, freeshop and fbi

Anyone know this issue? I downloaded a shitton of themes from the freeshop just before it
>>
>>381861381
Shitty map
>>
>>381846859
Can you cheat in latest animal crossing version? The cheats I've found are all outdated.
>>
>want to hack 3ds
>too scared that nintendo will update something and ill never be able to play online again
>>
>>381863282
That's not going to happen, anon
Not only do the hacks get updated for the latest firmware pretty quickly, but there are a handful of things you can do to go online with outdated firmware too
>>
>>381862557
bad luck maybe? Be thankful your console isn't bricked and start over
>>
>>381862990
you need action replay for that, sorry anon
>>
>>381863471
ok so im on version 11.3.0-36U and have the USB mini sd reader in hand... any tips to hack it? any guide you used that you feel worked good? there is so much information out there so its kind of hard to choose which guide to go with.
>>
>>381846859
What's a comfy thread without 7pm?
https://youtu.be/rmtKHo7GB64
>>
>>381863804
All the information you need is in this guide, it's the most complete and up to date one there is
https://3ds-guide.b4k.co/
If you have any troubles or questions, check out /hbg/ on /vg/

It's all pretty simple, but if you're nervous, read a few steps ahead so you know what's next
>>
>>381863962
thanks, brother.
>>
Why cant i find Rune Factory 4 on the Nintendo eshop in aus?
>>
File: 20170121_201454.jpg (2MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_201454.jpg
2MB, 1494x2656px
>>381862990
http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/
>>
File: 181625174516153.jpg (229KB, 900x470px)
181625174516153.jpg
229KB, 900x470px
Dragon Ball Fusion and I'll probably start Fire Emblem Echoes in a bit
FUCKING SAMUS RETURNS and also radiant historia as well
Had it hacked for like a year but my sd card got corrupted earlier this week so I actually just hacked it again earlier today
I might eventually but I'm fuckin broke right now.
I used to a whole lot, but I get this weird ghosting that makes it too much of a hassle. I need to try to figure that out so I can start using it again without hurting my eyes
>>
>pokemon diamond>omega ruby

seriously game freak what the fuck? playing omega right now and it just feels soulless
>>
File: 1497773177165-v.gif (3MB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
1497773177165-v.gif
3MB, 244x156px
>>381863962
I was literally shaking during the early swapfest
>>
>>381857576
monhun
>>
>>381846859
who OG 3DS here?
>>
File: Green-Dragon.jpg (29KB, 400x240px)
Green-Dragon.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
>>381846859
The Legend of Legacy. Switched out Eloise for Liber since I wasn't too far in and a Windsong Bow just came in the last Galleon shipment.
EOV and USUM, also SJR
No
Next year, when more games are out for it. So far only Puyo Puyo Tetris really catches my eye in terms of currently released stuff.
>>381847065
Yes, I love the 3D.
>>
>>381857047
I play my handhelds while watching anything. It just doesn't feel right if I watch something and a handheld isn't with me.
>>
>>381865242
fugly
>>
>>381865242
pearl pink 4eva
>>
>>381865242
I always wanted the purple one.
>>
File: 1498351325257.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1498351325257.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>381853580
>Playing DP when Platinum exists
>>
>>381865242
enjoy yout tetanus, kid
>>
>>381865242
Me, since im a poorfag im not buying another version of that shit.
>>
>>381867493
>tetanus
What?
>>
>>381846859
>>381847065
smt4
smt4a,strange journey, etrian oddyseey and pokemon
yes
sometime in 2018-2018
and yes with a n3dsxl 3d is not a gimmick and let zhe game looks fucking nice
>>
>>381865242
I more or less stuck with it until last Black Friday, when I got a regular sized N3DS. Did buy a XL at one point because I fell for the better ergonomics meme and it was on sale, but I returned it by the end of the week because the ergonomics weren't much better, actually worse for anything mainly controlled with the touch screen, and the DPI was absolutely disgusting. I still regularly use my JP original 3DS, though.
>>
>>381863925
>Not 2am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAioanQMG_A
>>
>>381847065
no, it has this weird effect if you have a bright object against a dark background
>>
>>381846859
I wish these threads came up more often. I love comfy 3DS threads.
>>381847065
Yes, makes it look better.
>>
File: 1473954654064.jpg (53KB, 600x1067px)
1473954654064.jpg
53KB, 600x1067px
>>381846859
I havent played this game in ages. It was fucking comfy during release month
>go online to island
>meet 3 other people
>they're all cool as fuck
>we all share our friend codes by taking turns typing them in chat so we can write them down and add each other because nintendo cant into online
>we all go to each others islands regularly
>one of them was this japanese girl who was like 12 and she had the most customized island we'd ever seen
>one of the people we added knew japanese and could translate whatever she was saying to us
>we would all swapnote each other
>broke original 3DS with FC i shared and Swapnote closed down so I lost all contact with them
>>
File: IMG_20170622_194825.jpg (2MB, 3488x3488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_194825.jpg
2MB, 3488x3488px
Metroid Fusion, might try Ever Oasis later.
Metroid
Yes, haven't used mine in a while so I had to update to b9.
When I have money for it, and at a sale.

I'm baby sitting my mom's dog, and I even brought my PS4 so I could complete Persona 5 but I find myself playing 3ds comfy in bed instead.

Wth famalams is this the power of handhelds?
>>
>>381853825
>Alliance alive
>came out 3 days ago
In japan, still no word about localisation.
>>
>>381866197
>The Legend of Legacy
...this just reminds me of 'Beyond the Beyond'. I just hope that's a far better game.
>>
>>381872320
TLoL is an excellent game, I'd rate it 9/10, what's the issue? It's like an early SaGa title (pre-romancing SaGa).
Never heard of beyond the beyond, TLoL's sequel is called The Alliance Alive.
>>
File: C U T E.png (165KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
C U T E.png
165KB, 400x240px
>>381872163
yeah
playing it anyway, it's not bad

Ursula is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>381872708
More in the name bringing back some old trauma growing up then anything else. I'll look into it then though if it's on the eshop. I'll admit though I liked SaGa Frontier 1, and utterly loved SaGa Frontier 2, and from looking both titles up, they are more 1 then 2 admittedly ( you pick a playable from a wide cast, then you find the others to add onto your team ).
>>
File: HNI_0042.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0042.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
>>381846859
>>What are you playing tonight?
Animal Crossing.
>>What game are you looking forward to the most?
New Kirby games, Pokemon Moon Ultra depending on the changes.
Last year.
Gunvolt Switch LE is already preordered even though I don't have a Switch yet. I had to get the preorder bonus.
Nope.
>>
>>381873130
Not him, but they do share Frontier 2's composer, and it feels like they try to mimic its artstyle somewhat but not fully

TLoL at least is regarded as SaGa lite and most SaGa fans don't find it quite as hardcore, like it's trying to copy the SaGa formula without really having the "soul" of SaGa so to speak
Alliance Alive at least seems like it's realizing it doesn't have to be full SaGa to have SaGa-ish gameplay and comes off more like a standard JRPG but with a really good battle system, for better or worse

That said, these definitely aren't Beyond the Beyond-tier bad, but some like them more than others
>>
>>381873130
I would only recommend it if you liked the OLD SaGa games. It's very similar to them and lacks a lot of the features of the bigger games in the series. I just personally love the game, by no means is my rating objective or considering the appeal it has to others.
The cast is 7 (?) and it's pretty much stay with the team you choose after talking to them in the one town. Combat goes from easy to bone-breakingly hard as soon as you reach an area past the first few (you'll know when). The Green Dragon in the pic I had posted is generally regarded as the most difficult battle in the game (although the Black one is hard too). Story is not really prominent, just explore areas and maybe piece the plot together from some item giving stones.

There's a demo on the eshop if you like. I might just have shit taste though, idk. I really like it.
>>
>>381865242
I have the Awakening XL edition.
>>
>>381873442
They do mimic the artstyle though. The character artist is the same as SaGa's, and the world is hand drawn. I think the combat is worthy of SaGa but the world itself is too small for it.
>>
>>381865242
Midnight Purple, it's pretty.
But I don't use it anymore since I also have a New 3DS (non-XL).
>>
File: esna.png (67KB, 477x585px) Image search: [Google]
esna.png
67KB, 477x585px
>>381872065
You should have bough a Vita and remoteplay your PS4 then.

Try Ever Oasis, I liked it and I dislike town management games, I guess the exploration and combat distract me enough from that part of the game.
Also Esna a qt.
>>
>>381873442
>>381873459
Thanks for the heads up you two. I'll give it a go then after I finish Ever Oasis. It's a cute, if simple game. The combat is just too basic for it's own good though, and there's very little direct choice in much of anything. You get upgrades to the Oasis so fast you never have to really force pick between stalls till like near the end where I'm at, but it's really like a single stall gets left out, and then that person's just on crop duty. So I can use something more involving then that, at least till miitopa comes out as that game really excells on the team member interactions and it's just fun to watch how tag team you group can get, or just how disgruntled people get because someone got a few gifts too many making someone else envious.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.