[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 1/2's voice acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: fo1.jpg (97KB, 1017x565px) Image search: [Google]
fo1.jpg
97KB, 1017x565px
Why is the voice acting in Fallout 1/2 so much more memorable than in the later Fallout games?
>>
Back then you had to hire actors from a theater
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y97_Wz4fAtA

Good voice acting.
>>
Because most characters didn't have voice acting, just text. The characters who actually had voice acting stood out more.
>>
File: jameson is depressed.jpg (49KB, 460x339px) Image search: [Google]
jameson is depressed.jpg
49KB, 460x339px
>>381844462
>Tony Jay has been dead for eleven years
>>
>>381843958
because Bethesda doesn't care
>>
Black Isle was good at their job
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXwlDWPBnzU
You're dead kiddo
>>
>>381846608
The Enclave were the best.
>>
I just started watching a metalcanyon playthrough of FO1 on Youtube because I keep hearing good things about it but I've never played 1,2, or Tactics. So far it seems pretty interesting and I understand you can deal with the water chip issue early on and then you have time to properly explore and deal with other factions.

I might get 1,2, and Tactics since they're cheaper than dirt but I'm using Windows 7 and heard they don't run on it. How much modding would I have to do to get them to run on Windows 7, anyone know?
>>
>>381844636
The limitations placed on Black Isle helped.
They couldn't afford a lot of voice actors, so they had to make do with a few NPCs with actual talking heads and memorable lines.
>>
>>381848008
If you get the GOG version and get the restoration patch, it runs fine.
>>
Because in Bethesda games 5 people voice all of the characters.
>>
>>381848794

Does it allow me to run the game in 1080?
>>
File: playedurself.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
playedurself.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>381843958

Because they didn't keep hiring the same 10 or so dickheads who do english dub anime like today.
>>
>>381848057
>They couldn't afford a lot of voice actors
Maybe they shouldn't have gotten big name VAs
>>
>>381849649
quality>quantity
>>
>>381843958
Because only a few NPCs were voiced. And when they were voiced, it was good.
>>
>>381844462
Fucking Megabyte. RIP, you magnificent bastard.
>>
>>381844295
fpbp

When you hire quality, you get quality. Developers take note.
>>
>>381844295
Theatre peasants are pretty good at voice acting unlike 2017 voice "actors"
>>
>>381849206
640 only
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.