[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this during the steam sale. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: the_void_cover.jpg (94KB, 362x512px) Image search: [Google]
the_void_cover.jpg
94KB, 362x512px
>>
>>381838239
A fucking hard game, make sure to keep lots of saves
>>
The only game in existance where I recommend reading a guide first.
>>
>>381838340
It was made by the same guys who did Pathologic right?
Never played a game by them before. What makes this game so hard?
>>
sjw game

women are the heroes
men are the bad guys

main villain is literally called The Patriarchy
>>
>>381838783
Someone doesn't really understand the story at all.
>>
>>381838783
Refunding.
>>
>>381838239
A walking simulator that makes no sense
>>
File: 1385422156750.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1385422156750.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>381838239
One of my favorite games. It gets really hard, so prepare to have 20+ save slots incase you fuck something up.
Also Uta is best girl.

IPL threads on /v/ are always the best threads.
>>
>>381838239
Shit game
>>
>>381838967
Why?
>>381839089
Nah, best girl is the nameless sister
>>
>>381838239
only good if you smoke weed desu
>>
>>381838340
>>381838541
>>381838581
>>381839089
I'm considering taking the plunge myself, but i keep hearing about how hard this game is. What about it makes it difficult?
>>
>>381840014
its just resource management. its like pikmin where you have x days to do something and a finite resource that if you use incorrectly you lose and have to start a new game or earlier save.
>>
>>381840165
Let me guess, you don't realize that you screwed up until about an hour or so after doing so?
>>
File: 1492927689977.jpg (72KB, 380x725px) Image search: [Google]
1492927689977.jpg
72KB, 380x725px
>>381838783
I know this is a bait post, but to think someone could sincerely have such a surface-level understanding of it.
>>
>>381840385
lel are you angry or something? Its almost as if I trashed the game and I triggered you.
>>
>>381840385
Pretty much. Compounded by thoughts of "I dont know if I'm screwed yet. I think I can salvage this. Let's keep playing and find out" and then failing many hours later
>>
>>381840014
Resource management.
You have limited resources you have to use them in the proper way actually planning and figuring out what the use you make of the resource will result in before you do it with no chance for trial and error because you have limited time and can't refill on wasted resource.
Saves are the literal only way to actually try some trial and error method, but it can become tedious to do so if you don't actually understand the system and just go and try your luck.

But it is an excellent game.
>>
Oh hey, its a void thread.
Everyone post who you think is the best girl.
>>
>>381840701
Can't, you already did
>>
>>381840701
>>381841027
Nameless sister really is the best. I mean, she sacrifices herself for you and gives you all of her color.
It doesn't seem like such a big deal until you realize the concept of selflessness is completely alien in the void.
>>
>>381840014
It's very intimidating. There's almost no positive reinforcement at all in the game and it pretty much always tells you that you're failing even when you're doing fine. That combined with the batshit crazy setting and dialog creates this sense of dread that pretty much never goes away. It's really good.
>>
Ice pick lodge has to make more games. How is knock-knock?
>>
So what is the story with this game anyways? I've seen a few threads about the void here in the past.
>>
>>381841373
>and it pretty much always tells you that you're failing even when you're doing fine
that's because, in a sense, you're always failing, as each ending wants the other 10 to not happen, so for each correct decision you take towards one of the endings, there are other 10 reasons you should have not made that decision

>>381842460
Personally I wouldn't be able to tell without spoiling it entirely, since the story is confusing and not very clear even to the protagonist itself until the point where everything clears up.
>>
>>381838239
tits
>>
>>381842678
>Personally I wouldn't be able to tell without spoiling it entirely, since the story is confusing and not very clear even to the protagonist itself until the point where everything clears up.

For me, its more the journey than the destination, so fuck it, spoil me away.
>>
>>381842931
Funnily enough, that's exactly what made me say what i said, as it is indeed not the destination that would get spoiled, but the journey itself, so no I won't.
>>
File: TheVoid-sister_ole.jpg (42KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
TheVoid-sister_ole.jpg
42KB, 400x296px
>>381840701
>>381841027
>>381841195
Can I make a counter?
Why is it so rare to find a thread about the void?
>>
I've stopped playing after getting to the second girl but I really love this game. Something keeps me from continuing though. I think it's because the game is so oppressive.
>>
>>381843950
Because the game is weird and hard. Ive only done about 4 hours in the game years ago but I remember them fondly
>>
File: 1211155986256.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1211155986256.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>Steam tag: Nudity

Tiddies?
>>
Is it safe to say that this is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of video games?
>>
>>381840014
>What about it makes it difficult?
It's cryptic about it's mechanism to a point of being a complete DICK to the player. It will happily let you flail around and actually not teaching you mechanics that will become important later into the game. The resource management is tight as fuck. It's a game that you'll probably have to start two or three times all from the start before even getting a chance to finish it. It's also designed around it though: failing and learning how to do "better" is really a key element of the experience.

>>381839058
>A walking simulator that makes no sense
How about you leave and come back once you learn what the words you use mean and perhaps grow up a little.
>>
>>381844309
Yes. Quite a lot of them.

>>381844109
>Something keeps me from continuing though.
It's draining and unfair and generally really fucking sad. It took quite a lot of willpower for me to finish it.

>>381844427
Not really. Evangelion is pretty cool, but in a very juvenile, "I don't know what I'm doing but fuck me if it isn't working" way. Anno is very similar to Kojima, I think.

The Void is much more deliberate. It's not a cool spin on intentionally immature genre fiction. It's much more thoughtful and much more demanding than Eva. Does not hide behind a veneer of pop-fiction.
>>
>>381844427
Considering not many knows it, played it or beaten it. No.
>>
>>381838239
You already bought it...Just play it & find out yourself!
>>
File: Patriarch_portrait300.png (355KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Patriarch_portrait300.png
355KB, 300x300px
Favorite brothers anyone?
I kind of felt bad about killing him.
>>
>>381838783
The brother aren't even really villains in the traditional sense. They are operating on a different sense of morality.
They clawed their way up from hell into the void, which they consider to be heaven and they act as wardens to the sisters because they want to destroy the brothers heaven.
>>
>>381838783
>I didn't understand the game: the post

It's about different perspectives and how morals and concept of life, death, right and wrong are very arbitrary when viewed from the eyes of beings that "live" each and every one of those 4 concepts in a different way that it is close to impossible to understand from the perspective of others.

And you should have understood this simply by the most evident inconceivable concept that it is sacrifice and selflessness, as it doesn't exist in the void.
>>
>>381847072
>It's about different perspectives and how morals and concept of life, death, right and wrong are very arbitrary when viewed from the eyes of beings that "live" each and every one of those 4 concepts in a different way that it is close to impossible to understand from the perspective of others.

Yeah its just like>>381845987 said. The brothers perspective isn't evil, just alien compared to ours. They don't believe that there can be a world better than the void.

>And you should have understood this simply by the most evident inconceivable concept that it is sacrifice and selflessness, as it doesn't exist in the void.
And this is, again, why Nameless sister is the best. She helps the lost soul without any reason to do so.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDC-MxyMsFw

how can you not like these tits?

i mean character?
>>
>>381838783
>sjw game
The game was based off of dating sims for fuck's sake
>>
File: 953480-ima.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
953480-ima.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>381840701

Everybody knows Ima is the best girl, she doesn't bullshit you for a second and she has the best body.
>>
File: Ghost-trains.jpg (69KB, 675x350px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-trains.jpg
69KB, 675x350px
If you're in this thread, you've already had the game "spoiled"

The Void really is best experienced when you have absolutely zero expectations for it.

is the ghost train in station again?
>>
>>381847917
>she doesn't bullshit you for a second
All of the sisters do that including Ima.
Nameless sister is, perhaps, the sole except who reasons that others have already mentioned.
>>381847935
Is there any other games similar to the void in the sense that they are deeply philosophical games?
>>
>>381847608
>And this is, again, why Nameless sister is the best. She helps the lost soul without any reason to do so.
I agree on her being the best, but...i can't really understand why, i often wonder if she herself understood her own actions...how much of a meaning can an action have if the doer doesn't understand it?
For you who gather results from said action of course you can understand it, but from her eyes...what is it that she did?

Or to say it in different terms, can you describe her sacrifice from her point of view, without using the concept of sacrifice itself?
>>
TITTIES
>>
File: Soul of Cinder.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Soul of Cinder.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>381848280
>Or to say it in different terms, can you describe her sacrifice from her point of view, without using the concept of sacrifice itself?
So a world created by the ascension of the Nameless Sister would be one were everyone would sacrificing themselves for others without fully knowing why they are performing these acts of selflessness?

Pic somewhat related.
I like discussion like this. Got anything on the other sisters? The brothers? The Voice of Color?
>>
Can someone explain to me how the pc got into the void in the first place?
I remember something about suicide, something about a godsend on the surface world.
>>
this game is so dark. there is no heaven and hell
just the void and Nu , but Nu going to be destroyed some day because of people like you and color.
>>
>>381849368
you killed yourself and ended up in the void a place between non existence and existence
>>
>>381849368
It's left intentionally vague. How would anyone there know to give you the answer? However at one point color specifically speaks to (YOU)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by4B_gMXbBg
>>
>>381847917
>That look in her eyes when you bring her one step closer to escaping death
I know she played me like a fiddle, but she did a good fucking job of it.
>>
>>381849409
>there is no heaven and hell
Actually there is a hell, its the absolute bottom that exists just beneath the void. The brothers are from there and they look like they do because of what they had to endure to get out absolute death.
>>
>>381849721
>I know she played me like a fiddle, but she did a good fucking job of it.
Don't feel bad about falling for one of the sisters tricks, they all try to do that in different ways except for the nameless one, but even then I can't help but wonder if the nameless one just played an even longer con.
>>
>>381850017
no Hell doesn't exist.
what they call hell is the lower part of the void and what they think of as heaven is just the higher part of the void. under the void is Nu which is something that speaks to you saying if you come here you won't feel pain cause you won't exist
>>
>>381850017
the game outright tell you hell and heaven is bullshit. the void is the only thing keeping them from absolute death and once you lose your colors you die forever.

Cessation of Existence is what waits for everything
>>
>>381850489
>the game outright tell you ________ is bullshit

Literally all the information you get comes from people in universe who are no more knowledgeable than you are.

Also keep that shit in spoilers.
>>
>>381850701
you do know that the void talks to you and tells you this right. it tell you there is no heaven and hell and to cease to be.

also make me
>>
>>381850863
>also make me
Kill yourself
>>
>>381850945
just like the PC right?
>>
>>381840506
lel can you not read or something? It's almost as if they were asking if that was the sort of thing that could happen, and not saying that's what happened to them.
>>
>>381838783
You say that but the games been called sexist before by people.

It's neither
>>
>>381841715
It's ok but repetitive and you can easily exploit it if you know how. What annoyed me is I played almost the whole thing only to put myself in an unwinnable position meaning I'd have to restart so I never did.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.