[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this game. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (22KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
22KB, 460x215px
Just bought this game. What am I in for?
>>
>>381834110
a critically claimed good game universally loved by all?
>>
If you've been spoiled on the story, as you probably have been, you won't approach it with the right mindset. If you're experiencing it fresh, it's the most 'artistic' video game there is.

Half Life 2 is the game Valve could have only made BEFORE they became the ultra-AAA monopolistic force they are now. It is the quintessential game about a smaller, justified force resisting a larger, unjustified one.

In some ways, 2000-2004 Valve was that small force of rebellion in the games community, and it poured some of its spirit into the game. Today, Valve is the Combine.
>>
>>381834110
A wonderful story that has fun gameplay

Also keep in mind that this was the first large game to showcase a realistic physics engine, so expect see-saw "puzzles"
>>
>>381834442
We'll said
>>
One of the greatest games of all time
>>
>>381834442
/thread
>>
>>381834110
joining the " i want episode 3" club
>>
where were you when you realized hl2 is responsible for many of the modern shitty trends in gaming?
>cinematic story based 'gameplay'
>physics gimmick
>ugly brown racemixed female companion who kicks men's asses and makes witty one-liner quips
>''episodes'' which were glorified DLC
>>
File: 1480970178479.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480970178479.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>381834110
Should have gone with the first one.
>>
It's really good. All the shit people complain about like "long, boring driving sections" make the game that much better for me. It felt like I was traveling really far in real time, like a long ass road trip where I had to stop and fuck around somewhere to proceed sometimes. And the driving sections still are only a fraction of the game, it's decently long.
>>
>>381834110
Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. It is the sequel to 1998's Half-Life, and was released in November 2004.
>>
>>381834110
People way the hell oversell this game but I still thought it was pretty good. IMO there should've been more headcrab action but whatever, cutscenes are amazing because you can sperg out with your crowbar while people are talking to you. You'll get sick of robots and helicopters.
>>
blah blah blah mr freeman
>>
You will have the most fun ever
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.