[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Worst controllers ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: N64 controller.jpg (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
N64 controller.jpg
83KB, 1000x1000px
Pic related and the fat, bulky original Xbox controller take the cake for me
>>
Yeah, because you got some Chinese knockoff.
>>
>he doesn't have fucking 3 hands like the rest of us do.
Git gud
>>
>>381834242
Can we end this shitty meme? The N64 is a very comfortable controller, though it does have needless extra space, its ergonomics are fantastic.
>>
>>381835237
/v/ now is filled with retards who never even touched this controller, one anon tried to argue it was shit because it made you switch back and forth between the analog stick and the d-pad
Just ignrore these idiots
>>
>>381835237
t. mutant chink from fukishima
fuck off kojima
>>
the N64 thumbstick was super cheap plastic and it would get worse over time.
>>
>>381834242
End yourself
>>
File: N64 beta tester.jpg (210KB, 402x480px) Image search: [Google]
N64 beta tester.jpg
210KB, 402x480px
>>381832946
there is nothing wrong with this controller
>>
>>381832946
N64, Gamecube, and the Saturn.
>>
>>381832946
The original xbox duke controller was awesome. Fuck you.
>>
>>381835843

That must mean that cars with manual transmissions are built for people with three legs, right?
>>
The only reason why this control could be bad is the uncomfortable stick. After that, it was fine, no GOAT but fine.
>>
File: gamepad-front-black.jpg (33KB, 730x386px) Image search: [Google]
gamepad-front-black.jpg
33KB, 730x386px
It's all literally built around a central gimmick. Functionality was secondary to putting a stupid screen on the thing.
>>
>>381832946
the N64 controller was alright. It's design makes sense because nintendo had no idea of control-sticks would take off and wanted to provide a comfortable d-pad position as well if needed.
>>
my hands aren't very big but for some reason I only felt comfortable with the N64 controller when I held the left side in my left hand instead of holding the middle like a joystick

dunno why
>>
>>381836191
It's mad comfy though. What about it is bad?
>>
>>381836359
How did you use the joystick
>>
>>381835567
>one anon tried to argue it was shit because it made you switch back and forth between the analog stick and the d-pad
there are games that actually use that function. It's pretty rad.
>>
The N64 controller was bad because it had a poor quality joystick, and the L button placement sucked considering that the joystick was always going to be the primal control method.

I never had a problem with it being 3 pronged, other than it fucking up the L button.
>>
>>381836191
>first HD Nintendo console
>Makes you look at tiny screen on your lap
Fucking brilliant
>>
>>381836191
>functionality
How is it lacking functionality? A lot of games use the screen to show things or have extra inputs. It functions just like the pro controller which is pretty damn good. Battery life is a problem, but there are better batteries for cheap.
>>
>>381836626
>what is z button
>>
>>381836759
You never owned one
>>
>>381835567
This.
The controller is comfy as fuck even now. Only thing that could be better is the joy stick.
Although, I've never played a game that involved using both the D-pad and the Joy stick. It was always one of the other.
>>
>>381835567
Anon that used it here.
It was very comfortable to hold. Though the dpad was barely, used. N did learn from this a lot if you compare it with the GC controller.
It's analog stick would hurt my thumb with extended play, to the point where I wrap some tape around my thumb to prevent pain.
>>
>>381835237

t. three handed fucking abomination
>>
>>381836163
>uncomfortable stick

Pretty much this.
>>
>>381836506
Reaching over with my thumb
Z button was middle finger of my right hand
Man I don't even know
>>
>>381837426
Fucking Mario Party mini games that made you rotate the joy stick could maim someone
>>
>>381837215
Play Doom64 and you'll understand why it's a problem.
>>
>>381832946
This controller is super ergonomic, if you complaining about its analog stick, then it is because you got one that was broken...

and they break pretty easily. Besides that it is a excellent controller.
>>
>>381835237
The Horipad destroys it in function and layout
>>
>>381838394
That is as true as it is irrelevant.
>>
>>381838459
Nintendo should have been able to come up with something just as functional
>>
File: 92px-Z_Button_N64.png (12KB, 92x120px) Image search: [Google]
92px-Z_Button_N64.png
12KB, 92x120px
>>381836626
Hi, my name is Z button.
>>
>>381838526
How come N64 controller is not functional? wtf
>>
>>381838562
If you're implying that the Z button is designed to replace the L button, then you are misunderstanding the difference between a shoulder button and a trigger button.
>>
>>381832946
I remember thinking this was a good controller, and for the time it probably was, granted I was like 10 or some shit with babby hands.

That shit is unusable now, go ahead, go and hold one and you will wonder how the fuck using such an aborted thing was possible in the first place.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.