[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ataribox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: ataribox prototype.png (219KB, 4440x1656px) Image search: [Google]
ataribox prototype.png
219KB, 4440x1656px
Time to get your FUNK on /v/, Atari is going to squash the competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinvawEs1-s

Only cool cats allowed itt
>>
didn't they crash the entire industry the last time they were in the console market
>>
>>381832784
That they did. Remember kids. No matter how bad aliens colonial marines was, it did not cause an industry crash requiring a near complete reconstruction from the ground up.
>>
>>381832784
Why do you think we want them back.
The Industry is fucked.

The only way out now is to crash it with no survivors.
>>
>>381832708
>composite and coaxial
>not an unremovable rf switchbox wired directly into the console
it's like you never had a 2600
>>
>>381833449
Had both an original 2600 and the later black plastic model.

Both had external RF switches, from an RCA port on the back of the machine (it was for RF only though, not composite video)
>>
>>381833449
Alright I'm just gonna say it, the switchbox is NOT groovy.

There you have it, you made me do this.
>>
>>381833779
The switchbox is plenty groovy now baby.
No one uses the tuner on thier TV for anything else anyway!
>>
>>381832708
>Speaker that plays random disco song every time the system turns on
This is just a good idea
>>
>6
lmao, these threads are dead
>le jive turkey
>>
>>381832708
>Smooth, yet textured, wooden surface made of Tectona Grandis wood straight from the old inner jungles of Myanmar, with an expensive deep Castrol golden-brown coating to protect it.
>There are golden signatures on the side by Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Chic, etc, and each of them have a quote about Atari in the accompanying full-color manual printed on 300 GSM silky gloss paper blessed by the pope
>The atari logo has multiple heat, light and moisture sensors so that it can give off just the right intensity, luminosity, wave superpositions of visible light to always give a smooth, groovy and warm, yet energetic and comfy ambient light in any room, anywhere, any time of day.
>The built-in speakers have liquid ferromagnetic coating trapped in Crystal glass so that you can see the vibrations as particles are dancing on top of them to the rhythms of the funk
I can't wait bros
>>
File: 1493603567156.png (240KB, 520x388px) Image search: [Google]
1493603567156.png
240KB, 520x388px
>>381832708
>CROWDFUNDED
>>
>>381832708
Where was Steam Wojac
>>
My dream is for Ataribox to replace the Xbox entirely. Of course it will never happen but it would be nice.
>>
>>381834160
Wait for the announcement. Soon, we're gonna be movin and groovin like nobody's around. You jive, Clive?
>>
What exclusive IPs do Atari own?
>>
>>381832784
>entire industry
No, they crashed the American gaming industry.
Europe (especially Britain) did absolutely fine with the zx spectrum / bbc micro and Japan had a shit ton of companies in the production line for making games.
>>
>>381835302
Not very many. They sold most of them off aside from pacman maybe.
>>
>>381835409
>pacman maybe
Say what. Pacman is owned by Namco.
>>
>>381835302
>>
File: 1479062667489.png (218KB, 539x683px) Image search: [Google]
1479062667489.png
218KB, 539x683px
>>381835608
>>
why do atari fags think this is going to be some kind of revolution? its not going to be any better than the nes mini.
>>
>>381836061
t. nintenbro
>>
File: shopping.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>381836356
you fags seriously think that ATARI has the money to make a full fledged console that can compete with ps4/xbox/nintendo you are just dreaming. At best this will just be one of these with a little more games on it.
>>
>>381832708
They are going to make something like that NES thing nintendo released, only with eveyr single Atari game
>>
>>381836609
Not only will atari DOMINATE and completely revolutionize the console market they will bring disco back at the same time.
>>
>>381835382
I don't know enough 70s slang to participate in the thread, I'm sorry. I don't even know what a jive turkey is. I do like Yar's Revenge though. That's my favorite VCS game. I also saw Nolan Bushnell in DC when the Art of Video Games exhibit was there. He was nice.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.