[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: gta 5.png (61KB, 949x232px) Image search: [Google]
gta 5.png
61KB, 949x232px
okay
>>
>>381831502
>muh mods
>>
They relented on their crusade against mods and OpenIV is back
>>
It seems so rare to find a mod that actually adds gameplay, depth or fun to a game

It's usually all just fucking graphic options for autists, reskins and stupid palette swaps and stuff that will entertain you for 5 minutes before you uninstall

name 5 games with actually interesting mod support please, I need them
>>
>>381831907
Mods can often end up developing into fully fledged games.
>>
>>381832045
yea then I have to pay for them so idc
>>
>>381831745
Even if they didn't, the consumer already bought the game. It's not as though ceasing to play it would hurt the publisher any more than not doing so.
>>
>>381832092
fug your right
>>
>>381831907
>name 5 games with good mod support

Skyrim
Mount and Blade Warband
Left 4 Dead 2
Gary's mod
Minecraft
>>
>>381831907
Warband
Bethesda TES games
Civ 5
AOE 2
Valve's Source Engine games sans Dota 2
>>
>>381831907
>name 5 games with actually interesting mod support please
Every CoD game on PC pre-MW2 (and also Black Ops 3, pic related)
Every Source engine game
Fallout 3/NV/4
Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim
Killing Floor 2
Red Orchestra 2
GTA V (including multiplayer mods like FiveM and Multifive)
Every Arma game
Saints Row 4
Mod tools are pretty much a no-brainer unless you're just that greedy.
But, people on PC don't buy DLC because they're not stupid, so it's harder to nickel and dime them with it.
>>
>>381832404
>>381832361
>>381832325
thank u friends
>>
>>381832221

They can't un-buy the game if they're outside of the refund window, but they can:
1) Not buy future games by the publisher.
2) Write a metric fuckton of bad reviews so that people who haven't bought the game are unlikely to do so.

Sometimes you can get away with shitting on your fanbase, but it's not guaranteed to be a safe maneuver.
>>
>>381832404
>people on PC don't buy DLC because they're not stupid,

Often DLC does get bought due to the quality and the fact that it provides framework for future mods e.g. Dawnguard for Skyrim gave a framework for primitive gun mods due to the implementation of crossbows.
>>
>>381832361
>sans Dota 2
not a source engine game
>>
>>381832687
>Often
>Lists one example
A better example would be those simulator games and 4x/grand strat games with tons of DLC.
The problem with DLC is that they heavily fragment the community, while a mod can just be easily downloaded and enjoyed by anyone willing to download it.
And as we see with most games with multiplayer DLC on PC, most people won't buy said DLC, especially if it's a ripoff (which it often is).
That's why I like Titanfall 2's approach, just make all the DLC free instead of fragmenting the community for no reason.
>>
File: dota2.png (32KB, 280x534px) Image search: [Google]
dota2.png
32KB, 280x534px
>>381832826
>Dota 2
>not a source engine game

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>381832826
>>381833015
It's Source 2
>>
>>381831745

What did OpenIV do anyway? Is it just a framework for mods?
>>
>>381833015
it's Source 2 :^^^)
>>
>>381833232
Basically.
Pretty much any mod that requires or relies on scripting relies on OpenIV in some way.
>>
>>381833232
It also allows access to all the games files so you can essentially "inject" models/textures/etc into them.
>>
File: boycott.png (627KB, 962x405px) Image search: [Google]
boycott.png
627KB, 962x405px
>B-Boycott Rockstar! Let's take them out of business!
lmao-ing at all of you.
>>
>>381831502
game is shit anyways unless you're a nigger or a 10 year old white kid. mods or not.
>>
>>381833696
>Not even in the top 3
Kek
>>
>>381833696
>only 50%
ahh damn, I was hoping this fiasco would make it cheaper.
>>
>>381833696
Even if everyone stopped playing gta5 on pc, there's a fuckton of people who play it on ps4 and xbone who don't know/ don't give a shit about the whole fiasco, not to mention there's still some modders and hackers on last gen systems too.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.