[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: PS2.jpg (44KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
PS2.jpg
44KB, 616x347px
So, we're all in agreement that this is the best console of all time, right?
>>
It's not even the best console of that generation.
>>
>>381830978
>Contrarian detected
It's considered universally to be the best of that generation. It's just Xbox and Gamecube jockeying for second place
>>
>>381830916
Yeah. only underages who are too young to have had one will disagree
>>
Best console of all time... well, yes and no. Today playing games on PS2 is a torture even in a small CRT
Still has the best games though

Best console of all time in my opinion is PS4
I have: N64, Gamecube, Wii U, PS3, 360, SNES and Genesis

PS3 first model probably the second best console of all time because PS1 and PS2 hardware compatibility
>>
>>381830916
Well, the word "best" implies there's a set of qualities it's supposed to excel at, but most of that is subjective, so let's just admit it was the most convenient purchase and it left the biggest impact.
>>
>>381830978
Nintentwat detected. Gamecube had about 20 good games. The PS2 had at least 100
>>
>>381830916
Not even in the top 5 tbqh

But it's ok, I understand it was your first.
>>
>>381830916

We will never again have a library of games as expansive as the PS2s.

>Feels bad man.
>>
>>381830916
>Inferior specs
>Impossible to play on a modern TV
>Library full of shovelware
>best console of all time
Ok...
>>
>>381830978
It was.
>>381830916
No.
>>
>>381831479
>Best console of all time... well, yes and no. Today playing games on PS2 is a torture even in a small CRT
what
>>
>>381832561
>Impossible to play on a modern TV
What?
>>
>>381832034
>Not even in the top 5
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>381832561
>ps2
>inferior
Someone doesn't remember in the early 2000's when Iraq bought up thousands of the PS2 and created a supercomputer out of them.
>>
>>381832874
You can't be serious
>>
>>381832753
>SNES
>Genesis
>PS1
>NES
>Xbox 360
Nothing wrong with me.
>>
>>381832874
It's just really good at doing its thing. Gamecube and Xbox were much more orthodox in their hardware design, so that when games were ported to PS2 with their engine architecture left intact it wouldn't have the necessary horse power to bruteforce through as intended.
But when PS2 native games were ported to other consoles, they'd equally run like crap in comparison, or just look hideous, because developers have to rethink the way the machine renders things so that they could translate all the tricks they pulled on PS2 and that takes ages, if it's even doable at all.

Example of non-PS2 games crapping out on PS2 and looking worse:

Resident Evil 4, Splinter Cell

Examples of PS2 games running worse and looking like ass when ported to other hardware:

MGS2, GTA:SA
>>
File: 500gflops.png (334KB, 1828x2304px) Image search: [Google]
500gflops.png
334KB, 1828x2304px
>>381833489
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.