[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the perfect Dead Rising game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: bestgame.jpg (276KB, 1527x1081px) Image search: [Google]
bestgame.jpg
276KB, 1527x1081px
Was this the perfect Dead Rising game?
>>
No, the first one was.
>>
I thought it was fun.
>>
Base Dead Rising 2 was better.

And anyone who thinks DR2 wasn't an improvement to DR1 in every single way is a massive fucking retard.
>>
File: tumblr_mj3lyvY3qJ1r0llf1o1_500.jpg (38KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj3lyvY3qJ1r0llf1o1_500.jpg
38KB, 500x431px
1 > OTR > 2 >>>>>>> Chop till you Drop >>>>>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone Port of DR1 > DR4
>>
>>381829790
Actually, I take it back. iPhone port of DR1 is better than shit because you can play as Jessie.
>>
controls and camera are vastly inferior to the first game. they rebuilt the engine for whatever reason.
boss fights are not as well designed mechanically. they usually are just an effort of brute forcing to victory. the environment is not as interactive and many many small details from the first game are not present.

I think it's a good game but only by accident. 3 and 4 are hot shit though
>>
Why was DR4 such shit?
>>
>>381829769
DR2:
>worse graphics
>worse hero
>forced le wacky comedy instead of leaving it to the player
>choppy ass framerate

The first game had a better setting, story, MC, psychopaths, and atmosphere. Also, I don't know what the fuck they did with the second game because they screwed with the camera and the feel of the game (the original Dead Rising feels much more fluid and "motion"-y, like the original Lost Planet. DR2 was not).
>>
>>381830037
You do realize why, right?

DR1 and Lost Planet are on the same engine, MT Frameworks.

Canadians couldn't into MT Frameworks, so they basically ported shit from DR1 into DR2's new engine they made for it.

That's why DR1 still looks good to this day, while 2 is a muddy mess.
>>
It was better than DR2 because it had Frank. that's the only reason
>>
>>381830037
i'm replaying dr2 otr right now, i replayed dr1 last week. there's this slight button delay whenever you press an action. there's a much larger recovery time after every action and worst of all is the camera. whenever move thr umbstick in any direction even slightly while running the camera will immidiatly pivot to angle in this new direction. that is not how it should be. most games have a slight delay after you move the thumb stick before the camera pivots. in dr2 it happens instantly. the result is the camera is constantly jerking around and it feels horrid. so far the biggest threat in this game has been the camera. the camera also likes to get stuck in the environment since it appears to be a physical actor that has collision. It reminds me alot of the shitty camera from mario 64.
>>
>>381830418
That, a new area, and more stuff ported from Case West.

Also true Frank x Chuck free roam co-op.
>>
>>381830179
Yes, I know the first Dead Rising used the MT Framework engine, then the Canadians did something to it. It totally fucked the feel of the game for me.
>>
>>381829536
Nah, the first game was

OTR was still solid though

2 was ok, everything else was complete shit
>>
File: v the boss fight.png (158KB, 275x337px) Image search: [Google]
v the boss fight.png
158KB, 275x337px
How can you not like DR2?

It had /v/ the Boss-Fight
>>
>>381829634
This. Everything about the first game was amazing. The second one was great too, but the first one wrote history.
>>
I know in my heart DR1 is better than 2:OTR, but because of the save file shit in 1 I can't be fucked to load it up anymore now that I beat it while I happily load up 2:OTR to fuck around in sandbox mode all the time. Not having that kind of haphazard carefree experience in 1 sorta sucks. I guess I could ruin a story mode playthrough and just turn it into survivor mode but that still sucks.
>>
Yes. Sandbox mode alone made OTR better than 1 and 2.
>>
>>381829536
>longer load times
>worse performance
>ugly textures
>insane amounts of delay between actions and inputs
>all caused by an engine change and hiring canadians
>>
>>381830015
It was built on a much smaller budget and timeframe, and it shows. All of the changes from the previous games, from removed co-op to watered down psychos, seems like they saved a lot of money with that shit.
>>
>>381831845
Plus a shit version of Frank...

Press F to pay respects to the true frank west
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.