[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Far Cry 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8825.png (350KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8825.png
350KB, 594x334px
Do you like Far Cry 2?
>>
>>381829172
bolt on the left siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide
>>
>>381829172
Yes.
>>
>>381829172
yeah i enjoyed it, i enjoyed the darker atmosphere and that guns exploded and if you didn't prepare before some firefights you could be really screwed over, plus the fire mechanic was enjoyable to push enemies out of cover or kill them.
>>
>>381829172
Yeah. Some of the created maps in multiplayer were fantastic.
>>
>>381829172
Yes.
But I prefer FC2 over FC1 but in overall FC3 still my favorite.
>>
>>381829172
Shit game in a shit series
>>
>>381829172
No that game was ass shit like the rest of the gay series
>>
>>381829172
>left-aligned bolt
>>
Just like Rhodesia
>>
>>381829172
Give me some mods that I don't have to shoot everyone and get chased by everything over and over again.
>>
No it's shit unfortunately, really boring and tedious and everything you do feels like busywork, they fucking nailed the African setting though it's just a shame everything else is so shit
they need to remaster it with some general gameplay improvements they made in 3 and 4
>>
>>381829676
>FC3 my favorite

Why is that anon?
>>
>>381829172
I only played it for about 2 hours before dropping it because of the bulletsponge enemies and long-ass animations for everything.
>>
>>381831229
Maybe because it's the best?
>>
File: kid.png (293KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
kid.png
293KB, 431x450px
>>381831317
>FC2
>Bullet sponge enemies

>>381831152
I'd argue they also nailed the gunplay. It's some of the best I've played.
>>
>>381829172
I was so goddamned hyped for FC2, but I wasn't even able to finish it after it came out. I can't remember exactly what made me put it down, but I remember having to drive around and having enemies make you stop to get out or on your machine gun and fight them got really tedious. Also the malaria shit, they definitely could've done without that, or at least made it happen at scripted times or something.
>>
Good guns, good grafix, good world

But the total lack of NPCs and all the fucking driving really sucked
>>
>>381831402
Yes, but why is it the best anon? I still think FC2 has many elements that make it better.
>>
>>381831416
The starter weapons I was using were dreadfully weak. I would have to shoot someone in the face multiple times to kill them.
>>
>>381831416
nah the gunplay is shit, nothing feels like it has much impact and the way enemies react to getting shot doesn't give you much of a sense of how much damage they've taken or if you even hit them at all
>>
>>381829172
I've never played it and heard from everyone how shit and boring it is. But the concept ideas and gameplay videos I saw from that looked pretty interesting, for example the whole medication part, how fire reacted and how you can't just run and gun through the game and must actually prepare yourself. I actually have it on steam, but I have an notebook and despite it's one from 2015, it runs like ass.
>>
>>381831229
gunplay, simple as that.
>>
>>381829172
More like Far Drive 2, amirite?

But seriously though the game is ass.
>>
>>381829172
It was the last challenging Far Cry before they went full 'CoD, but open world' with it. The OP as shit bow was the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

The enemies in 2 didn't feel totally toothless like they do in 3 and 4 either.
>>
>>381829172
Best game in the series IMO. Immersive, story isn't intrusive like 3&4, gunplay is satisfying. Yeah it's repetitive but that's kind of the point. Clearing out the same goddamn outposts every time you want to go for a drive is what turns you from a clueless rookie into a ruthless operator. You go from barely surviving each fight to killing 10 dudes as a boring routine. The gameplay tells the arc of the protagonist better than cutscenes ever could. I can see why people don't like it, because it's being unfun on purpose, but it worked for me.

Also on PC the game is fucking beautiful and runs flawlessly. I went straight from 2 to 3 and it was a downgrade in every way. Hideous 2D trees, no AA, bad LOD.
>>
>>381832192
>CoD, but open world'
Yeah I hate that every encounter has to be turned up to 11 so to speak, it would be better if it was toned down and more methodical like stalker but they've gotta appease the normie crowd if they want to compete with CoD and sell a gorrillion copies
>>
File: 148221.jpg (886KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
148221.jpg
886KB, 1920x1080px
>>381829172
Still has the best atmosphere of all the games. I really wish we could have gotten another game in Africa instead of fucking America.
>>
>>381833184
Nope, gotta have the meme controversy to hide the lack of decent gameplay since 2.
>>
>>381833726
I would say there are some innovations with 5, the new version of the buddy system will be interesting to see.

I feel as though too little gameplay was shown off and that it was announced too early.
>>
Why are all the Far Cry games not related somehow? I've always thought that there must be at least one story based element in each game with relates them and justifies that the Far Cry Franchise is a Franchise, but it seems that no one of these games have anything to do with each other. Shit is worse than Final Fantasy, they have at least the Chocobos.
>>
File: 2.jpg (379KB, 1680x1030px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
379KB, 1680x1030px
>>381829172
The first game that made me realize the power of Ubisoft's lies. The bullshots were phenomenal.
>>
>>381831054
I honestly enjoy how much inspiration the game took from Rhodesia and I wish we could have a proper game set in that war.
>>
>>381833726

Nail on the head, man.

Fuck Far Cry 5 and it's meme political shit.
>>
>>381834716
>it's meme political shit.

Where does the game revolve around politics?
>>
It's a good game with Dylan's mod
>>
>>381829172
>Remember that session in Vegas 2 where they have a Far Cry 2 poster
I feel like R6V2 is better than FC2 really, in term of gunplay at least
>>
Why is Far Cry 2 so buggy
>>
I thought the sniping was really satisfying in Far Cry 2, I actually stuck with the bolt action for a long time because of it. I enjoyed how after firing you would remain scoped, and the bolt wouldn't cycle until you unscoped. It had a cool feeling to it.
>>
Far Cry 2 has some serious problems for sure, but it's still one of my favorite games. I still occasionally boot it up and load a mid-game save just to play through a few missions for fun.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.