[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Kirby need innovation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 603
Thread images: 251

File: 1498040801563.jpg (11KB, 358x93px) Image search: [Google]
1498040801563.jpg
11KB, 358x93px
I see Kirbyfags all the time talking about have they have no bad games, it's all quality and consistent, but all the same I struggle to think of a Kirby game that really wows me, none of them are terrible but none of them are bombastic, it's almost like they play it too safe, and this new game seems to be no different.

Coming off the coattails of BOTW and with Odyssey on the way, I cant help but look at this and think WOW ANOTHER KIRBY GAME. Is it time Kirby shake the formula up too?
>>
HAL talked about doing a 3D Kirby a couple years or so ago, so I think that'll happen one day at least.
>>
>>381827885
They've been experimenting on how it works with the 3D Blast side games but they have to find a way to keep the controls simple enough to stay true to Kirby norm.
>>
From an outsider's perspective the kirby games do seem to lack a lot of innovation, and they pretty much do I guess but each one has small changes between. And also they're really cute and fun to play so I never mind getting a new one even if its similar to the others.
But if they don't appeal to you don't sweat it, not all games have to :^)
>>
>>381827371
Need?
No, not necessarily.
But it would be nice to see more experimentation and different games like Mass Attack or Canvas Curse. The core gameplay of a normal Kirby game is good (at least to the people who play and like the games, which I am part of). It's at a point where I do have some modicum of confidence in HAL since they have shown time and time again with games like Robobot and Boxboy! that they are capable of making great new stuff, but the current gameplay seems to work well enough with some minor changes as such that it feels kind of like a "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" scenario. I just don't know.
>>
>>381827371
Not every game needs to be a 10/10 masterpiece, there is a reason why those are special.
I like how consistent the Kirby games are, it won't knock me off the park but I always know I will be getting something valuable. It's the Slice of Life of video games.
>>
>>381828957
Just give me more crystal shard like kirby and we gucci. I don't want more stories about kirby losing his fucking strawberry short cakes.
>>
I'd really like to see Kirby do something completely unexpected one day. Robobot was definitely a welcome surprise and a step in that direction. What I'd like to see is 64/Klonoa style levels that weave in and out of 3D space again, with super lush environments and plenty of secrets. Perhaps even taking a page out of Mario World's book with a cohesive over world and hundreds of secret exits and branching level progressions that utilize the various copy abilities.

Also I'd love to see them try and bring the Dreamland 3 pastel look into a 3D artstyle. I bet they'd nail it given how great current Nintendo handles it's craft styled visuals.
>>
I just want a really difficult hard mode.

Like, have the first world be True Arena difficulty. I want a Kirby game that will kick my fucking ass and force me to push myself.

Keep the normal easy mode because that's what the series is built on. That's good for the kids and first time vidya players the series is aimed at, and for people who just want more comfy safe Kirby - there's nothing wrong with that. But as someone who started playing Kirby 20ish years ago, I have no interest in most of the new games. Not just cause it's the same but cause they're just too easy for me to even enjoy. A lot of Kirby games actually have lots of cool things you can do with the powers, especially the KSS type ones where powers have plenty of moves, but you almost never need to use them.

I liked the challenge courses in dream collection a lot because getting the best medals actually took effort. I want more of that, more fast fun crazy Kirby power action. Have it be an option from the beginning and not something that needs to be unlocked, and you'd have a Kirby game I'd buy. I think a lot of long time fans would appreciate this option.

The hard mode in the very first Kirby was great. I want that but with all the updates made to modern Kirby gameplay. And to be a bit harder than that challenge mode was.
>>
theyve experimented and proven that 3D movement really doesnt work well at all
honestly its better to take a concept that works and slowly expand on it instead of trying to innovate for no reason
>>
Kirby doesn't need innovation, please don't ruin my favorite franchise like paper mario or fire emblem.
>>
In any 1 kirby game you go through so many different movesets as you play the game that it always feels refreshing
>>
>only kirby thread on /v/ right now
unrelated, but GiM is one of the screwiest enemy designs in the kirby series imo
>>
>>381827371
Yes, Kirby needs innovation. It needs to figure out how to do 3D, and really bring Dream Land to life. It needs to figure out how to do new things with Kirby and his abilities. Even early, 8-bit titles like Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Adventure felt like you were traversing a cohesive world, full of life. Each classic Kirby game either introduced something totally new, that can be used freely to experiment, or polished it up into something even better. If a 3D Kirby has to have clunky controls, lifeless worlds, floating cubes, a static camera, and the generic enemies we've seen a million times, while the game Donkey Kong can eventually evolve into Super Mario Odyssey, then there's nobody of worth left at Hal Laboratory.
>>
I just want a sequel to Air Ride with online multiplayer
>>
File: Gim.jpg (446KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Gim.jpg
446KB, 750x750px
>>381834895
If he doesn't come back in Kirby Switch I'm going to be unsurprisingly disappointed.
>>
>>381836040
perhaps?
>>
File: Yo-Yos.png (437KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
Yo-Yos.png
437KB, 500x369px
>>381837145
Hardly. From the trailer it's pretty evident that the combinations will only be either applying elements to another ability, or one-time combination attacks like the curling stone.
>>
>>381837145
>implying Wheel will be in Kirby Switch
>implying combos that aren't just SqSq imbuements will be fully fledged abilities
>implying combo abilities will get their own helpers
>>
>>381837732
wheel is too essential for an anniversary game to leave it out, especially in one with helpers
and i can dream, dammit
>>
File: 1450841995847.png (10KB, 139x228px) Image search: [Google]
1450841995847.png
10KB, 139x228px
It does. Rainbow Curse was the first true stinker of the series, and Triple Deluxe is just Return to Dreamland-lite. Planet Robobot is just a mod.
>>
>>381827371
50% of the time Kirby is innovation.
Half of the current available Kirby games are experiments.
>>
>>381838018
>wheel is too essential for an anniversary game to leave it out
What are we, made of money? That's too much effort to make all the helpers able to ride it, with 2 other players there would be too much experimentation, and there aren't shoulder rides in this one because that would require too many animations for something superfluous. You want helpers, or do you want fluff? Wheelie would make 4-player Kirby gameplay too confusing, anyway. And how would we give Wheelie a hat, to set the helper apart? Just put it right between his handlebars? That would look ridiculous.
>>
So what power combo are you guys hoping to see again?

Fridge for me
>>
>>381838570
oh please
helpers could ride each other like in RtDL, and whoever's carrying everyone can act normally
it really shouldn't be that hard to pull off
it would end up just like wheelie rider in super star

and they can do whatever for the hats, it really isnt that big of a deal
>>
>>381837145
i feel wheel will be a weapon instead of an element
>>
>>381839003
Better luck next time.
>>
File: Wheel.jpg (73KB, 1024x856px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel.jpg
73KB, 1024x856px
>>381838570
That seems like a rather superfluous argument given that they were preparing to do exactly all that in the GCN game, they just scrapped it because it didn't turn out how they wanted. The Wheel hat thing is a good point, though. Maybe they'll just have the old standby and have plain Wheels but helpers are Wheelie Riders.
>>
>>381838741
Lightsaber was the GOAT Kirby ability
>>
>>381839353
>they were preparing to do exactly all that in the GCN game
And look how that turned out. It was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now. What do you want, real helpers and real abilities or confusing garbage?
>Maybe they'll just have the old standby and have plain Wheels but helpers are Wheelie Riders.
What, just the plain black tube? Those don't stand out at all, so they'll hit people who can't notice them, and even if people looked really hard for them nobody would recognize them as Wheelies.
>>
File: 1493768199567.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1493768199567.png
4KB, 183x275px
>tfw switch kirby has 4 players so i thought that we were getting a return to the amazing mirror map
>>
File: Wheelie.jpg (899KB, 2664x1477px) Image search: [Google]
Wheelie.jpg
899KB, 2664x1477px
>>381839620
I highly doubt the one mechanic that actually survived the canceled game and made it into RtDL was the reason the entire project was canned. I don't know what logic you have where some helpers and abilities are "real" and some aren't.

>hose don't stand out at all, so they'll hit people who can't notice them, and even if people looked really hard for them nobody would recognize them as Wheelies

Please don't tell me you have this problem. I honestly can't fathom that this is an actual issue people would have. I could recognize those shits at 5 years old.
>>
>>381839620
>implying wheel isnt a real ability & wheel isnt a helper
>actually nitpicking about the old wheelie's design, which was used in kss(u), nitd, and amazing mirror, and worked in all of them
this has to be bait

>[piggybacking] was a bad idea then, its a bad idea now
umm
>>
Is this the borb thread?
>>
>>381840309
its certainly shaping up to be one, it seems
>>
>>381839949
>>381840018
Wheelie + "piggybacking" + 4-player is a terrible idea. In RtDL it wasn't a big deal. There was no wheelie, and only 3 skeletons to make that pose for (Kirby + Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede). For helpers, there would be many different skeletons to make that pose for. If there was a Wheelie in the mix, you would be constantly leaving each other behind, too, since there are 2 other characters to worry about. There's a reason Wheel wasn't in RtDL.
>>
>>381840650
big deal
so the other players turn into stars and follow player one, just like in super star
and as for the skeletons, its clear that the devs are going all out with this, so animation for each helper should definitely be a priority

the only thing i see a problem with is other people piggybacking kirby while he's in wheel form
>>
>>381827371
I disagree

Robobot blew me the fuck away, it was such a great game that it's my favorite in the series now

Kirby doesn't really need to change, it just needs variation and LORE

>tfw I didn't figure out that Star Dream attacks you with the objects stuck on NOVA the first time around
>>
File: cw come on now.jpg (17KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
cw come on now.jpg
17KB, 310x310px
>>381838570
>one of Nintendo's most popular franchises that shits out triple-A games at an alarming rate
>lol no would take too long
>>
>>381841576
>Kirby
>triple-A
Kirby hasn't had one in over a decade. Every Kirby game is a budget title in one way or another, one A at best.
>>
>>381841738
what was the last good kirby game in your opinion, then?
>>
I was thinking about this the other day, Kirby games reuse most of their enemies, music and gameplay elements but we always play the games and adore them. How can they get away with it?
>>
>>381827371
Ssu and am were both amazing to me
>>
>>381841829
You don't know what AAA means.
>>
>>381827371
It's hard to say... You would think the same old formula would get boring... But I still tend to enjoy kirby games. It's like the only nintendo related thing that hasn't dropped in quality.
>>
Kirby 64 did wow me a few times.

The final boss and the Boss Rush are still some of my favorite video game memories, even though the vast majority of people who played that game didn't experience them.
>>
>>381841939
Answer the question Anon
>>
>>381841837
>the wii game didn't even sell as well as the n64 game, despite being on a much more popular platform
Are they?
>>
>>381841939
system seller
like zelda or mario
once again,
what was your last good kirby game
>>
>>381840905
>the only thing i see a problem with is other people piggybacking kirby while he's in wheel form
Wouldn't be too difficult to just model Kirby after a wheelie rider, except maybe with a star instead of an eye, while being ridden on.
>>
>>381830860
>my children's game about a pink puff ball living in a world of soft cute characters needs a tense and dramatic narrative
autism
>>
>>381842416
>Kirby

>A children's game

>
>>
>>381830860
>>381842416
Well they have been changing the plot consistently and keeps on escalating in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot
>>
File: this is what you wanted right.jpg (171KB, 481x1262px) Image search: [Google]
this is what you wanted right.jpg
171KB, 481x1262px
>>381827371
>shows classic kirby
>"WAH KIRBY LOOKS TOO PLAIN"
>redesigns kirby to be more hip
>"WHY DID THEY CHANGE KIRBY FUCKING JEWS DESTROYING CLASSIC STUFF FOR MONEY"
I guess you don't appreciate things until they're gone.
>>
>>381842416
This, the teams behind Kirby are autistic. Look at the atmosphere for Kirby's Dream Land, look at the atmosphere for shit like Kirby 3 or Kirby 64. What the fuck were they thinking? Why do you need edgy faggots and serious themes in a fucking game about a fucking pink ball? It's fucking retarded, just keep Dedede like Mario kept Bowser. You don't see Mario facing inner termoil, losing friends in battle, and fighting terror gods of space and time or such autistic fucking nonsense. Kirby hasn't been good since that shitty twist in the NES game.
>>
>>381842517
ah yes I remember the days
playing planescape torment while I was at recess in elementary school
truly, we are an enlightened bunch :^)\
>>
File: 55320305_p0.png (751KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
55320305_p0.png
751KB, 1920x1080px
Oh sweet, is this a Kirby thread?
>>
>>381842746
>I want my final bosses to be fucking boring
>I want Dedede to be behind it every time
Mario fans actually complain about Bowser being used as the big bad over and over, at least in RPGs.
>>
>>381842729
I will never understand people who get legitimately upset at Teen Titans Go for not being serious like the old show. It's the best long-form trolling I've ever seen
>>
File: MY FUCKING EYES.gif (1MB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
MY FUCKING EYES.gif
1MB, 400x261px
>>381842316
but that'd probably be too much of a change to wheel's design
maybe he can gain a seat only while he's carrying helpers
or maybe only wheelie bikes can be ridden
i dunno, its a pretty superficial thing as it stands and the game devs are probably gonna have much better ideas than any of us here anyway

>>381842416
not gonna really go into it but it sure can be a little more tense than compared to say the original dreamland
more recent titles like the kumazaki trilogy along with certain classics like shimomura's games have narratives that are a little darker, and those were all kinds of spectacular
>>
>>381827371
It's Nintendo's fifa, retards are still buying it every year so why stop now?
>>
>>381842729
>redesigns kirby to be more hip
They literally designed him to be less hip. Compared to the older games like Adventure and Superstar he's less angry, less manly, and more cutesey, his traits of being lazy and clutzy were amplified, they redesigned his personality and mannerisms to be even more childlike, and gave him a baby voice to seal the deal. Where have you been?
>>
>>381827371
Where you one of the guys I was talking to 2 days ago in the AM2R thread?
>>
File: soosy.png (636KB, 870x625px) Image search: [Google]
soosy.png
636KB, 870x625px
>>
>>381827371
Kirby should get a massive "metroidvania" style game.
And by that I really only mean a traditional Kirby game. But with all of the levels connected into one absolutely massive game world as opposed to small little stages.

And then you'd unlock various secrets. Like taking the ice power from one side of the map all the way over to another part of the map. Perhaps stacking up on followers made from rare powers and then use different powers in succession if you managed to get to a certain point with your whole crew still together and so on.

And you could remove the infinite jumping and have it like in Smash. But then you could have power ups giving you additional air time, and eventually infinite jumping.
Stronger suck power ups.
Stronger spit power ups.
Power specific power ups.
Power combinations.

And you could unlock powers so that they'd be readily available for you to pick at your save station safe-houses/rooms/whatever throughout the world map. So that you could get access to certain powers without necessarily having to travel to remote corners of the map every time.

I don't know. I feel like it's a concept that could be well worth exploring.
>>
>>381843242
Holy cow, I want that Waddle Dee in front.
>>
>>381843413
Kind of like a modern Hebereke.
>>
File: 1469047669106.gif (1MB, 470x299px) Image search: [Google]
1469047669106.gif
1MB, 470x299px
>>381842746
I'd say otherwise, the surprise Nightmare battle was fantastic. Plus King Dedede is becoming more of a final boss nowadays which I really appreciate.
>>
>>381842729

I Don't think a new look for Kirby is in order. Mario looks prettymuch the same as he did in 64 with a much better model.

His games just need some sort of spice to make them all not blend together so much. Like a change of setting or some new mechanic that says "this is the reason I have to play this game"

Nothing about the new Kirby trailer has grabbed me much beyond the Wii Kirby. I Don't know if there are going to be any surprises or levels designed in exciting new ways.

Kirby is kind of like the cute platformer equivalent of a CoD campaign. Their levels always hit the same notes and keep the experience nice and breezy without a lot of surprises or twists, but over time they have started to seriously blend together as a result.
>>
Innovation is nothing but a meme, but Kirby is also stagnant as fuck with three games in a row that do the exact same shit but slightly better execution each time while in the past Kirby shook up its structure and improved its mechanics constantly

The new game on Switch seems to be the first one since Amazing Mirror or Canvas Curse to be making any real good shakeups
>>
>>381843109
dumb question but i wonder if the american kirby glare counts as a redesign
less of a kawaii pink dreampuff and more of a tiny ball of infinite power

tbqh both descriptions are becoming more true as of recent games, considering the villains thereof
>>
>>381843242
I want to die and go to that kirby plushie paradise.
>>
>>381843521
That game is cool.
>>
>>381843604

>innovation is a meme

Pack it up, everyone! No need to keep making video games. The craft has reached its peak
>>
>>381843630
luckily paradise only costs >$300 for a plane ticket
no death necessary
okay maybe if you dont have a good job for it but ymmv
>>
>>381843242
Great to see Taranza, Magolor, and Susie there. But I am surprised that Marx is there, does this mean HAL is going to do something with to him soon?
>>
>>381838079
Rainbow Curse was fine my dude.
>>
>>381843789
I have the money but my vacations start until December.
>>
>>381843935

Rainbow curse was great even
>>
File: HOL UP.png (160KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
HOL UP.png
160KB, 500x537px
>be kirby
>have shit games
>be pink so people like me
Nintendo is truly the ruse master.
>>
>>381843878
i doubt it
marx getting killed twice was enough i think
its probably because kssu was one of the biggest and best kirby games to date, and HAL somehow decided "hey it needs more recognition or somehting"

though im a bit surprised that ol Haltmann didnt get a plush
he seems perfectly round for it
all thats left is sectonia but i'd bet that'd cost way too much to manufacture
>>
File: 1497713198426.jpg (46KB, 589x388px) Image search: [Google]
1497713198426.jpg
46KB, 589x388px
>>381827371
While I think innovating just for the sake of innovating is a bad idea, I do agree they could shake up Kirby a bit more. That 3D game they've been hinting at for a while now could be that breath of fresh air. Though I don't know how they'd make it different from its other 3D platforming contemporaries. My personal fever dream is either a slick DMClike Kirby beat em up, with gameplay that involve you sucking up enemies and changing powers mid combo or a Kirby rpg.
>>
File: th.jpg (13KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13KB, 300x296px
The amazing mirror crossed with a bullet hell. its all i need.
>>
>>381843781
With how it's used in video games it pretty much is nothing but a meme these days. True innovation in the medium is long dead.
>>
>>381832248
>>381832248
In my opinion the extra mode for Return to Dreamland was really great in that you had less health and the enemies attack more viciously than before. Plus the black and white void area is pretty tense with the purple matter going much faster. It just sucks that you need to complete the main game first to unlock it rather than getting it at first or at least inputting a code like what the original Dreamland games did. But they're still great fun either way.
>>
>>381843626
Nintendo of America in the 90's until around the Wii always tried to make their games less "cartoony." Just look at the whole "Play It Loud" era. It wasn't until the Wii when they decided to just drop it and just embrace the cartoony look of their games. Funny because 3DS Kirby games both had covers with the evil smile on both covers.
>>
>>381844141
>Be a closet faggot
>Hate Kirby because pink reminds you your repressed homosexuality.
>>
>>381842729
Aside from anger eyes, Kirby's design has never changed all that much. He definitely hasn't been made to look hip or anything. His eyes got bigger and he got more pink, that's it.
>>
File: 1466663931679.png (1MB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466663931679.png
1MB, 1536x960px
>>381835109
Well the Kumazaki games do bring these games to life in my opinion. Each area does something new and different from other worlds, and feels like you're visiting different areas of the world unlike the 2D Mario games.
>>
File: WVW69jVovjElnSYw07.jpg (92KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jVovjElnSYw07.jpg
92KB, 800x450px
>>381844751
>be anon
>have to project this hard because meany made fun of my childrens game
>>
>>381827371
Kirby is a series pumped pretty small budget and short development cycles. The series do extremely well sales-wise on that formula and it's the perfect thing to throw out when a system is having a drought considering how easy they are to make.

Mainline Kirby does need to take a step forward if it wants to impress people again instead of being cute but forgotten shortly after release, but there's no real incentive for it. I don't think Hal has the capability of doing it either to be honest, they seem to be a pretty tiny studio and haven't done anything besides Kirby sidescrollers and e-shop games since Air Ride under Sakurai's guidance.
>>
File: 1493317454382.gif (21KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1493317454382.gif
21KB, 120x120px
>>381844141
>>381844751
>>381845012
You not liking the Kirby games is fine, just find something you enjoy is all that matters.
>>
File: Toad Beast Tanabe.jpg (95KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Toad Beast Tanabe.jpg
95KB, 640x360px
But just how MUCH innovation do you really want, OP? Careful what you wish for...
>>
>>381844393

I can't help but think you're dumb

The very concept of trying new things out with gameplay and the medium is a meme?

If this were true I'd probably be done with games. I don't subscribe to the Activision/Call of Duty philosophy of game design
>>
>>381845276
Best part of the 25th anniversary website right here.
>>
>>381845303

>some guy tried something new and fucked up once, so all games should now be the same!!

Kirby doesn't need a radical change, there just needs to be some new ideas in the level design and additions to the core game mechanics
>>
File: 57875054_p15.png (20KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
57875054_p15.png
20KB, 900x900px
>>381844304
Lets hope for a direct sooner or later. I'm very curious as to what the new game will play like.
>>
>Does Kirby need innovation?
100% yes. Nintendo has done a great job of expanding their other franchises (Zelda went full open world, Pokemon ditched a bunch of series staples, the Mario series is going fucking bonkers with Odyssey) , but kirby always feels same-y.

I don't even know how they'd change it up, maybe something like this though >>381843413

Amazing mirror was fun, but it wasn't really a metroidvania per se, and it definitely lacked the progression of one.

Something that might be cool is adding an RPG like element, where you can upgrade copy powers by using them, etc
>>
File: 1471813164021.png (153KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471813164021.png
153KB, 550x500px
>>381843630
>local man drowns in cute plushies
>becomes a fad and all wars end
>>
>>381845303
They literally made a Metroid Prime Pinball and no one gave a fuck. Federation Force was fine it's just people hated it because there was no real Metroid game coming out. If Federation Force was announced beside Prime 4 and Metroid 2 Remake everyone would look at Federation Force the same way people looked at Triforce Heroes. Just a random game that some might just pick up and enjoy or not but not have no real hate for it.
>>
File: 1462157940473.png (851KB, 1080x647px) Image search: [Google]
1462157940473.png
851KB, 1080x647px
>>381844269
Maybe original spider form Sectonia would be easy to make a plush since Taranza is there, but Queen Sectonia would be great as a figure. Also Haltmann's mech, I need that as well.
>>
https://discord.gg/bHX7mz7
>>
>>381845862
>Fuckers had 3 games in less than 3 years
>Still bitch
>>
File: 1498062023851.gif (44KB, 174x279px) Image search: [Google]
1498062023851.gif
44KB, 174x279px
>there are people who want Marx to come back

He already fucking came back, that was the whole point of the end of True Arena.
>>
File: luggy dab.png (536KB, 741x666px) Image search: [Google]
luggy dab.png
536KB, 741x666px
>>381845276
>being more of a faggot than Kirby looks
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15KB, 177x132px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15KB, 177x132px
>>381846176
But what if he does? What will you do anon?
>>
File: Flattery.jpg (476KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
Flattery.jpg
476KB, 900x700px
>>381846316
Be rather surprised but happy for those who wanted his return.
>>
File: 45059286_p26.jpg (104KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
45059286_p26.jpg
104KB, 500x519px
>>381846314
Don't be upset buddy.
>>
>>381846563
Same here. Who I really want to see back is this nigga right here, he's been out of the game for too long.
>>
>>381844915
I'm talking about the cancelled 3D Kirby game, and to a lesser extent Blowout Blast. Is that really the best they can do? I want Kirby's equivalent to Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby's equivalent to Breath of the wild. Hell since he hasn't truly gone 3D yet an answer to Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I'm getting a bit bored of the tile-based 2.5D platformers. Sure they're better than NSMB but they're nowhere close to how good a 3D Kirbyw game with modern hardware could be, and their attempts at 3D we've seen are even worse.
But Robobot is good at keeping the spirit of adventure and progression alive, even if it isn't quite as robust as some previous titles. It's a big step up from Triple Deluxe.
>>
>>381846161
Nintendo really blew it showing off Federation Force last E3. They should have said they were working on the Metroid 2 Remake along side it. While I hate the bitching it got Nintendo really were fucking moronic for showing off that weird side game after years of nothing.
>>
>>381844304
>While I think innovating just for the sake of innovating is a bad idea
What does that even mean? You can only innovate if you have a good idea to move something forward. If you don't it's just a superfluous addition or minor change.
>>
File: 1473615486427.jpg (1MB, 2700x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1473615486427.jpg
1MB, 2700x2400px
>>381827371
Nintendo announced a new Kirby game! Nintendo WON!
>>
>>381846807
the worst thing about that game tbph was its timing
everything else was mediocre at worst
>>
>>381846947
kirby=victory, anon
accept it
>>
There was a period where Kirby was bursting with innovation, but it became kind of incessant, and I think sales reflected that, prompting Nintendo to go the safe route. They'll probably swing in the other direction again
>>
>>381846942
Well that's what I mean. Just tossing in a new gameplay style or gimmick purely for the purpose of shaking up a formula with out properly thinking it through could result in a bad game. I worded that awkwardly, my bad.
>>
File: 1470367581153.png (1MB, 614x848px) Image search: [Google]
1470367581153.png
1MB, 614x848px
>>381829654
This. There are changes in the modern Kirby games, but you'd have to play them in order to notice them. Plus if it doesn't appeal to you, then don't play it and find something else you should spend your to time to.
>>
>>381846947
>Hating on Kirby
People just enjoy a fun Kirby game. No one is saying it's the biggest series ever. Just that it's always at least fun at worse. No bad game among them and they are always doing weird things with him which makes it even better.
>>
File: Thunderstorm.jpg (375KB, 1280x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderstorm.jpg
375KB, 1280x1388px
>>381846736
That would be interesting. It was sort of cool that him and the gang came back in Mass Attack but since I never felt like going for hints, they might as well have not existed for me. I don't think I have any Squeak images saved
>>
File: Kirby Switch.png (2MB, 1366x675px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Switch.png
2MB, 1366x675px
>>381846947
It's missing DL2, Triple Deluxe, Robobot, and this
>>
>>381847259
>Got this with a Kirby Keychain
It's one of my favorite gaming merchandise I own.
>>
>>381847256
There's nothing wrong with that. You don't like the latest Kirby games?
>>
>>381847193
which period was that?
the gamecube era, while sakurai was still involved? Kumazaki's era?
>>
File: 4uG3m6E.jpg (156KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
4uG3m6E.jpg
156KB, 1536x960px
>>381846947
>>381847321
Not only that, but 7 is a remake of 2 and 9 is from the same game as 5. Plus Whispy Woods is a staple boss from Kirby and will always pull something weird like the Twin Woods from Super Star or, like you've said, Clanky Woods from Planet Robobot.
>>
File: 200%.jpg (66KB, 477x618px) Image search: [Google]
200%.jpg
66KB, 477x618px
> a frog's hair away from finishing my series-long anniversary marathon
>Robobot True Arena stands in the way

Fuck whoever thought that shit at the end was funny.
>>
>>381846947
Getting angry at Whispy Woods is like getting angry at Green Hill Zone
>>
>>381847806
If you didn't see the "Perfect!" screens of DL2, DL3, and K64, then everything you've done doesn't count.
>>
>>381827371
>need kirby innovation
>kirby sucks
>make kirby blow

this isnt difficult
>>
>>381847424
There is also the Shimorua era, and the Flagship period. I think anon is referring to the Flagship era in which Amazing Mirror, Nightmare in Dreamland, Canvas Curse, and Squeak Squad were released.
>>
>>381847391
Gimmicks like the Robobot armor and the super inhale were thought out and well implemented anon. And they didn't completely shake up the formula of the games, just add on to the gameplay set by previous titles. I still liked them however.
>>
File: 1471813226145.png (383KB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1471813226145.png
383KB, 1181x1181px
>>381847193
I'd hope so, I'm still buying and enjoying every single one of these games but I've avoided defending it recently, every time I expect its the last one and the next will do it differently but then they go at it again
My excuse for them this time is that Nintendo forced their hands in order to give the Switch a classic catalogue early on, while HAL might've wanted to mix it up Nintendo saw the Wii U failed and didn't have a flagship 3D Mario, 3D Zelda, Kiby platformer, hell maybe even Metroid, and felt it needed to fill that quota. While those series made the 3D jump ages ago now the Kirby formula is so proven they that changing it is too risky, and would also take longer and be more effort than a game HAL could probably make in their sleep at this point.

Also I don't now if it necessarily had an innovative period, what I do know is that it was never on such a high iterative output, mainline titles where few and far in between in different consoles, and anything we got in the meantime stood out, gimmicks could easily be considered innovative when the base game wasn't exactly the same. Nowdays spin-offs are ignored for being different and mainline games are seen as the last game but remixed.
>>
File: ultra_beast_by_mimida21-dasosaj.jpg (212KB, 1024x853px) Image search: [Google]
ultra_beast_by_mimida21-dasosaj.jpg
212KB, 1024x853px
What are some videogame characters or bosses that could pass on as kirby enemies? I think the Ultra Beasts from Pokemon could 100% fit in Kirby games
>>
>>381847424
From Kirby's Dream Land to Kirby Canvas Curse. It kind of settled down around Canvas Curse, with only a few spin-offs from other companies mixing things up. Epic Yarn was good.
>>
>>381847923
You're the only one talking about "well though out" and even then it's a vague and irrelevant phrase to tack on as a cop-out, "tossing a new gameplay style or gimmick purely for the purpose of shaking up a formula" to define forced-innovation is accurate whether the result is good or bad.
>>
>>381827371
I just wish they would change the engine to actually make the multiple moves you have more free form like in SS and I wish they'd work on the boss formula. The past few games get annoying with their invulnerability periods and animations eating up time.
>>
File: 1494976409929.png (254KB, 579x458px) Image search: [Google]
1494976409929.png
254KB, 579x458px
>>381847874
Of course I did, what kind of casual do you take me for? That was actually my first time playing through 64 all the way to the end, I didn't have an N64 growing up and Crystal Shards was the one game I didn't get around to playing when I bought Dream Collection.
>>
>>381827371
>but all the same

Stopped reading there. If you think all the kirby games are the same, then you are a idiot. Probably someone who screams rehash everytime Nintendo releases a franchise sequel as well. Do you think Super Mario 64 is the same as Sunshine? Do you think Kirby and the Crystal Shards is the same as Kirby Super Star? Do you think Super Mario Bros 3 is the same as Super Mario World? Do you think Donkey Kong Country 2 is the same as Donkey Kong Country 3? I could go on and on. Innovation isn't about how drastically different something is, its about whatever differences there are in the first place. Anybody, ANYBODY for example, can watch the trailers for Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot and instantly tell the differences between the two games.
>>
>>381848341
Oh and the gimmicks get old. Super abilities, hypernova and even the robot aren't as fun as just normal abilities.
>>
>>381847424

I would say a mix of Gamecube and WIi era, due to games like Canvas Curse, Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Epic Yarn, and Mass Attack. I feel like for a good 7 to 8 years we had a solid amount of innovative Kirby games. After Return to Dreamland, they just sort of stuck with what they felt worked.

So, close to the time 3DS hit. I don't really see Rainbow Curse as very different, just looks like Canvas Curse 2.0 to me.
>>
>>381848393
Oh yeah? Then how do you get to the perfect screen in 3, tough guy?
>>
File: 180.png (25KB, 180x184px) Image search: [Google]
180.png
25KB, 180x184px
>>381847949
Maybe that's why I liked the designs so much when everyone else was flipping a tit over how unorthodox they were
Still don't care enough to buy modern pokemon, but paper sprite, steel bell waifu and funky cable are top tier

Since its fresh on my mind because of another thread, I think NiGHTs could blend with Kirby very well
>>
>>381848413
>Do you think Super Mario 64 is the same as Sunshine? Do you think Kirby and the Crystal Shards is the same as Kirby Super Star? Do you think Super Mario Bros 3 is the same as Super Mario World? Do you think Donkey Kong Country 2 is the same as Donkey Kong Country 3?
No, but I think Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot are all pretty samey.
>>
you think haltmann would have settled for opening a tourist bureau or maybe a bank on pop star if he hadn't lost susie?
>>
File: 1472099413702.png (140KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472099413702.png
140KB, 512x512px
>>381848617
Did 3 actually have a perfect screen? That was about a month or two ago, it's been a huge blur of Kirby. Come to think of it, did any of the Dark Matter trilogy have a perfect screen? From what I recall it was just the final boss battle, real credits and a 100% save file.
>>
File: Angel of Light and Shadow.png (569KB, 591x545px) Image search: [Google]
Angel of Light and Shadow.png
569KB, 591x545px
>>381847949
>>
File: 1492937491629.png (1MB, 1544x868px) Image search: [Google]
1492937491629.png
1MB, 1544x868px
>>381846796
Ah my mistake, but I do agree in that Kirby will need to have more life in the 3D realm when it comes to that, I'm not a big fan of the isometric gameplay from Kirby Blowout Blast, however I hope they expand from this experimentation and learn how to properly bring Kirby into the 3D realm. But the 2D ones do have great background art and sometimes even abstract like Squeak Squad, and Nightmare in Dreamland. I hope they'd keep the spirit of that.
>>
>>381848619
The moment that happened, I laughed at how upset they were. Casual Pokemon fans were so upset that Ultra Beasts were designed how they were supposed to be; strange and different. They are from another dimension and aliens, of course they're supposed to look like that. I love them so much
>>
>>381848786
Each of those games has a secret perfect screen. It's a dedicated screen, that tells you you are perfect, beyond the 100%. For 2 you simply have to beat the boss rush without taking damage. Finding 3's is more insidious.
>>
File: 1476051917708.png (951KB, 746x775px) Image search: [Google]
1476051917708.png
951KB, 746x775px
>>381848902
We'll see, hopefully it's more like the bottom here than the middle.
>>
File: 1380434132224.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1380434132224.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>381848413
"all the same" is a figure of speech..
>>
File: ice-kirby-nendoroid.jpg (47KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
ice-kirby-nendoroid.jpg
47KB, 400x500px
You are buying him right?
>>
>>381849280
>comes with parts for the original
yes
>>
>>381849280
I don't care about Blue Kirby, why not make an ice nedroid of the REAL Kirby?
>>
No it doesn't. Don't try to fix what isn't broken in the slightest.
>>
>>381849394
This, Kirby's Adventure was a mistake. We didn't need abilities, we didn't need new final bosses, we needed focus.
>>
>>381827371
I think hal should make a kirby game like melee
>>
>>381848729
Return to Dreamland can be four player.
Triple Deluxe has the hypernova.
Robobot has the robot combinations.
Not samey at all. Anybody can play those three games and get entirely different experiences.
>>
File: 22866332_p7.png (105KB, 393x392px) Image search: [Google]
22866332_p7.png
105KB, 393x392px
>>381847306
Then I'll be of assistance.
>>
>>381849486
>optional co-op
>a stage puzzle gimick
>a very limited power-up
And besides that? They're pretty much the same thing. Are you that guy that argues that each entry of NSMB is worthwhile because some have new power-ups and optional co-op?
>>
File: 1457062162527.jpg (102KB, 636x425px) Image search: [Google]
1457062162527.jpg
102KB, 636x425px
>>381849103
>not on any of the Kirby wikis
>only image I could find was from Crystal Shards

I am incredibly confused.
>>
File: 1466664734318.png (851KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466664734318.png
851KB, 1536x960px
>>381848751
Nah, he'll still believe they're all dirty sub-borbs that needs to be terminated.
>>
File: 1470890601585.jpg (91KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470890601585.jpg
91KB, 600x400px
>>381849280
>haven't been able to get the original or borb

Feels bad, man.
>>
File: smugkirby.png (34KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
smugkirby.png
34KB, 200x146px
>>381849483
But Smash Bros is already a Kirby game.
>>
>>381849629
>And besides that?
You mean the most important aspects of those games? The entire point of them being different in the first place?
>Are you that guy that argues that each entry of NSMB is worthwhile because some have new power-ups and optional co-op?
Not comparable at all. Hypernova entirely changed the gameplay experiences, and Robobot gave entirely new spins on powers. Your comparision would only work if a power up in NSMB completely altered how you play the game itself, or gave you a entirely new set of powers. Both cases do not apply to NSMB.

If I were to make a half assed assumption on the comparison you just made, I would say your main complaint is the kirby artstyles being too similar, in which case I would say for Deluxe and Robobot that is true, but it doesn't change the fact of how different the gameplay is.
>>
anyone have a link to that one archived thread where star dream got leaked?
>>
File: sneakpeak.png (52KB, 145x116px) Image search: [Google]
sneakpeak.png
52KB, 145x116px
>>381849734
It's a well-kept secret. I made a couple threads about it when I discovered it but now there's something kind of special about a feature in a popular game very few people know about.
>>
We need an Air Ride 2
>>
>>381850165
>You mean the most important aspects of those games?
>tacked on, anti-experimentation anti-freedom gimmicks are the most important aspects of these games
That's pretty sad. You forgot the ultra abilities from RtDL too. Or you would have if you didn't have multiplayer to scapegoat instead.
>>
>>381849939
they are re releasing the original
>>
File: 1492997689810.jpg (187KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1492997689810.jpg
187KB, 768x768px
>>381850297
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/335538230/
enjoy it, it's better than this thread has been
>>
>>381849629
Not that guy, but they're also changes to powers such as Sword getting a buff and themes that only shows up at a specific game like the void area from Return to Dreamland, and Triple Deluxe's introduction to dodges and spot dodges plus background/foreground interaction. Planet Robobot is similar to Triple Deluxe, in which the only difference is the mech environment and a superpower the blends the gameplay pretty damn well.
>>
>>381850441
>Your forgot the ultra abilities
Oh shit your right, my bad. That too.
>Well I did not like what made those games unique and special
Then I suggest you quit the Kirby series, since stuff like that is always going to happen. After all, its the whole point of Kirby, the same great basic gameplay, but with a added twist to keep it fresh and new. And yes, of course if you take away the entire point of making new games, then you take away the only thing keeping them unique. Are you sure you aren't the kind of person that calls every sequel Nintendo makes a rehash? Cause that's the vibe I am getting from you. Did you roll your eyes when they called the Splatoon sequel Splatoon 2?
>>
>>381850762
i swear to god they're really gonna need a miracle with switch to top this

if this game gets leaked threads are gonna go batshit
>>
File: 52782580_p3.png (151KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
52782580_p3.png
151KB, 600x508px
>>381850762
I really can't wait til the next Kirby game comes out. The climax of Planet Robobot was the hypest shit I took part of.
>>
File: 1470897797017.jpg (321KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470897797017.jpg
321KB, 800x600px
>>381850762
Well that's hardly a fair comparison, that's hands down one of the top 3 Kirby threads ever.
>>
>>381851125
>After all, its the whole point of Kirby, the same great basic gameplay, but with a added twist to keep it fresh and new.
No, the point of Kirby is experimentation with and evolution of the basic gameplay, not to keep it exactly the same with a few more power-ups and a few gimmicks that are so limited they may as well be QTEs.
>>
>>381849103
I fucking hate those fucking minigames, especially Kawasaki's.
>>
File: Heartbroken.png (2MB, 1814x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Heartbroken.png
2MB, 1814x1000px
>>
There's only really like 3 good Kirby games. Everything else is liyrtslly Fisher price baby toy difficulty and suffers greatly because of that. They're just not fun to play.
>>
>>381846947
rollin for my whispy
>>
File: 1457924111699.png (336KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457924111699.png
336KB, 620x400px
>got hit by the heart again

Fuck this game.
>>
>>381852560
>0
well, shit
>>
>>381827371
Please no. Their "one game that does something weird and one game that does it safe" move is fine for me.
>>
kirby games are like cop procedurals on TV

they are safe and predictable, and for some people that's what they want. something to mellow out with.
>>
File: XfkBf0V.jpg (166KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
XfkBf0V.jpg
166KB, 1536x960px
>>381852386
Here's a higher quality one friendo.

>>381852576
Don't give up anon, just don't abuse your invincibility frame in that part since it bypass through all of that except PSI.
>>
File: 40883058_p18.png (281KB, 700x510px) Image search: [Google]
40883058_p18.png
281KB, 700x510px
>>381852272
I like them all especially Kawasaki's.
>>
>>381852990
well the one i took was a screenshot of a shit youtube video so
>>
File: Jet Kirby.jpg (137KB, 721x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jet Kirby.jpg
137KB, 721x400px
>>381852990
>except PSI.

I did not know that. Doesn't matter to me anyway since I'm more of a Jet guy.
>>
File: 15061716_p0.jpg (59KB, 398x478px) Image search: [Google]
15061716_p0.jpg
59KB, 398x478px
>>381852560
>>381852662
>0
>2
Well done
>>
File: and the thread fucking exploded.png (2MB, 1626x1339px) Image search: [Google]
and the thread fucking exploded.png
2MB, 1626x1339px
>>381851348
>screenshot taken at the exact moment star dream makes the NOVA half-closed-eyes expression
that thread was blessed man
>>
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

That being said, the Mario formula stays basically the same, with an added gimmick each time, like Lumas, or F.L U.D, or Cappy.
>>
File: 1364786243776.png (103KB, 289x273px) Image search: [Google]
1364786243776.png
103KB, 289x273px
There's literally nothing wrong with a series generally being similar but of very high quality. It's not like you play the same game every time. Levels are different, they add new abilities, they add new bosses

I mean for fuck sake are people really saying that Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot were clones of each other? I dont think they are.

The new one is focused on multiplayer again it looks like and it's been a while since we've had one of those, Kirby Wii came out 6 years ago now. And this one looks to be adding combination attacks, different/more playable characters, the return of ability combos, abilities for waddle dee(?), and of course more abilities for kirby, great new aesthetic, fun looking shit all in all.
>>
>>381847875
Whoa...
You may be onto something there...
>>
File: WTF.jpg (34KB, 478x323px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
34KB, 478x323px
>>381853054
>steamed cappies
>>
File: 38438914_p0.jpg (863KB, 1253x925px) Image search: [Google]
38438914_p0.jpg
863KB, 1253x925px
>>381853054
I hate seeing his smug face every time he comes up next. He just knows that it's going to be my ass on the platter soon enough.
>>
File: 1414547151359.jpg (54KB, 620x315px) Image search: [Google]
1414547151359.jpg
54KB, 620x315px
>>381847875
Step up Sakurai
>>
File: 48377427_p35.jpg (456KB, 730x689px) Image search: [Google]
48377427_p35.jpg
456KB, 730x689px
I just want to play as Broom Hatter.
>>
File: 48982133_p25.jpg (173KB, 580x581px) Image search: [Google]
48982133_p25.jpg
173KB, 580x581px
>>381853207
My nigga! Doing a fully charged grab attack on a boss always feels great, especially when they try to move far enough from me.
>>
>>381827371
They change it up every now and then. Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, Canvas/Rainbow Curse, Air Ride, etc. But I like the mainline Kirby games. They're the same thing mostly but they're comfy and relaxing. The main formula stays the same but there's enough side games and deviations to keep it interesting I think.
>>
>>381854245
>the Switch trailer showed us Cleaning, but not who gives it to you

Cheeky cunts
>>
>>381837732
didn't they successfully combine Ice + Stone in the trailer?
>>
>>381854308
my aerial ability is better than yours
>>
File: 1472093412447.png (971KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472093412447.png
971KB, 1920x1080px
>>381853090
And it's not emulated to produce crisp and clear visuals that the 3DS could produce.
>>
File: 58058993_p0.png (371KB, 874x621px) Image search: [Google]
58058993_p0.png
371KB, 874x621px
>>381853916
I was looking for this image but I just found it.
>>
>>381854541
It's just a super move, not an imbuement or a full ability. Like those super abilities, but better.
>>
File: Kirby fixed.png (137KB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby fixed.png
137KB, 480x470px
Fixed his design.
What other designs should I fix?
>>
File: 56691153_p0.png (673KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
56691153_p0.png
673KB, 800x800px
>>381854548
But do you have a mech based on your design? Don't think so bud.
>>
File: Jet.png (115KB, 312x386px) Image search: [Google]
Jet.png
115KB, 312x386px
>>381854308
>pelting bosses with sonic booms that do big damage
>i-framing through a million attacks
>grabbing and throwing projectiles
>timing your rocket dive so that it hits going up, coming down, and with the stray projectile

Cumming buckets

>>381854548
You wish.
>>
Kirby is the perfect example of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Hell, I wouldn't even care if copy abilities never existed. I've gotten enough playtime out of Dreamland to know the series doesn't need them.
That doesn't mean they aren't a welcome addition though.
>>
>>381827371
Fuck off borb
>>
>>381854789
Turn him into a real human boy.
>>
>>381843935
It wasn't. The controls worked against you at times, and it did the one thing no Kirby should ever do, period (If you played it, you know what I mean).
>>
>>381853740
>>381854867
There could be room for any changes, Kirby is no stranger to that. But I still like the games that we have now and enjoy them because of how interesting and fun the levels, stages, and worlds they make them to be.
>>
File: 1458094778973.png (96KB, 320x236px) Image search: [Google]
1458094778973.png
96KB, 320x236px
>>
>>381855208
Kirby has had plenty of smaller spin-offs, even nowadays, where they seem to be HAL beta testing ideas before trying to incorporate them into the main series
>>
File: 6 pack borb.png (35KB, 540x356px) Image search: [Google]
6 pack borb.png
35KB, 540x356px
*blocks your path*
>>
File: 57282896_p8.png (287KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
57282896_p8.png
287KB, 1000x600px
>>381854828
Plus it works wonder when traversing through a stage as quick as possible. Replaying the stages with Jet is always fantastic, except when it's a water level :(
>>
>>381827371
There have been so many variations on Kirby that I'm confused if you're uneducated or just trolling.

He was a pinball
He was a drawing game
He was a racing game
He was a strategy game
He was a wagglin' game
He was a yarn game

What else do you want Kirby to be? Will you not stop until you get that Kirby lightgun shooter?
>>
>>381827371
That's not what bombastic means
>>
>>381854789
What did you even do?
>>
>>381854789
HE'S
NOT
ANGRY
>>
>>381855439
thanks doc
>>
>>381855439 i fail to understand this image every single time i see it
>>
File: KSSU_Evil_Knight (1).png (84KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
KSSU_Evil_Knight (1).png
84KB, 256x192px
>>381855639
Not him, but I sure as fuck want a Kirby RPG.
>>
>>381827371
>complain about lack of innovation in kirby
>complain about lack of innovation in 2d mario
>complain about innovation in paper mario
>praise lack of innovation in upcoming metroid games
>complain about lack of innovation in star fox
>complain about innovation in zelda
how the hell do you please ninteniggers?
>>
>>381827371
sure

they could make different genre spinoffs

like a kirby rpg
>>
File: 27693981.gif (11KB, 128x96px) Image search: [Google]
27693981.gif
11KB, 128x96px
>>381855872
I think magical starsign might be the closest we get to that.
>>
>>381855949
>>complain about lack of innovation in kirby
Yeah that's not a valid complaint. He's been innovative as fuck.

>>complain about lack of innovation in 2d mario
If we wanted to play SMB3 again, we would.

>>complain about innovation in paper mario
Fucking no one complained about innovation, everyone just complained that the "gameplay" was absolute shit.

>>praise lack of innovation in upcoming metroid games
Everyone's hating on M2R, and feeling optimistic about MP4's Time Travel gimmick.

>>complain about lack of innovation in star fox
This is neither here nor there, because all they've fucking done is release SF64 with different coats of paint. People would like an actual game for once.

>>complain about innovation in zelda
Ok this hasn't been innovative since MM.
>>
>>381855604
Looks like he gutted himself with his own sword
>>
>>381856269
>Everyone's hating on M2R
Wrong. Samus Returns looks good, for the most part.
>>
>>381827371
Don't fix what's not broken, Kirby is a winning formula that's hard to get tired of compared to other titles of the same nature. It really doesn't need to be changed very much, the small additions they add each game and the power ups themselves are enough to keep the game feel fresh.
>>
File: 1466722638270.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466722638270.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>381856269
>time travel gimmick
what the actual fuck
>>
File: 1475868042609.png (408KB, 558x689px) Image search: [Google]
1475868042609.png
408KB, 558x689px
>>381853758
Sometime people complain just for the sake of complaining. Some get upset that people enjoy a series while their favorite sometimes don't get a mention. That build up some spite and here we are people complaining about Kirby getting games.
>>
File: 1461818645405.jpg (45KB, 580x581px) Image search: [Google]
1461818645405.jpg
45KB, 580x581px
>finally beat the heart

So hey, it turns out that ditching your ability and then swallowing it again lets you go through the heart attack. Good shit. And now I'm finally done with my Kirby marathon. It's been a long and awesome ride.
>>
>>381855949
>complain about lack of innovation in kirby
>complain about lack of innovation in 2d mario
>complain about lack of innovation in star fox
Yup. Kirby hasn't taken a risk or broadened its horizons in a good while, the last good 2D Mario was Donkey Kong on the Gameboy, and Star Fox Zero was just Star Fox 64 with bad gameplay.

>complain about innovation in paper mario
>praise lack of innovation in upcoming metroid games
>complain about innovation in zelda
Nope. Paper Mario's less innovative than it was originally, Samus Returns looks good and we'll have to wait to see what Prime 4 will be, and Breath of the Wild is very good.
>>
Kirby planet robocop had an amazing story about Japanese dudes working much and work taking over life
>>
File: 49184629_p7.jpg (423KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
49184629_p7.jpg
423KB, 700x700px
>>381855604
Oh shit
>>
>>381855949
You can argue that's it's not fair per say, for people to have different standards for different series instead of something more uniform, but it is what it is. Life is inherently unfair.
>>
File: Shopping.png (105KB, 632x444px) Image search: [Google]
Shopping.png
105KB, 632x444px
>>
>>381842729
I'm pretty sure teen titans go is just supposed to be a billy and mandy type humor show, comparing them isn't even reasonable
>>
>>381855872
>What is Kirby Warrior RPG
>>
File: 51994308_p28.png (752KB, 700x975px) Image search: [Google]
51994308_p28.png
752KB, 700x975px
>>381856634
You didn't really do it since you didn't find the perfect screens.
>>
File: Smug Penguin.jpg (82KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Penguin.jpg
82KB, 894x894px
>>381856961
Get bent
>>
>>381857104
This will always haunt you.
>>
>>381827371
>I cant help but look at this and think WOW ANOTHER KIRBY GAME. Is it time Kirby shake the formula up too?
Kirby Air Ride 2 fucking never
>>
No fuck off.

I will never buy another if they do.
>>
File: zNe94Va.png (507KB, 646x646px) Image search: [Google]
zNe94Va.png
507KB, 646x646px
>>381856634
Congratulation anon! I presume that you got the idea of that technique from a video? How the only thing that's left for you and me it's Blowout Blast, the mystery Kirby game, and the new Switch game. Oh god I don't know what to expect in the next True Arena if they pulled off that OHKO.
>>
>>381827371
Air ride really changed up Kirby.
>>
>>381827371
I was excited to see ability mixing from 64 in but then realized it's probably more squeak squad, but more universal

As in you can only mix Fire, Spark, Water and Ice, but you can do it with everything rather than just Sword and Bomb.
>>
Somewhat unrelated but do any of yall have/make any perler art?
I'm interested in making dioramas like these but im worried about how well they'd stay together
>>
File: 1492581760888.jpg (221KB, 413x451px) Image search: [Google]
1492581760888.jpg
221KB, 413x451px
>>381857265
>create planet-sized mechanical gods
>give them kitty faces
What the hell was up with the Ancients, anyway?
>>
File: Shit Just Got Real.png (56KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shit Just Got Real.png
56KB, 550x400px
>>381857180
Considering how perfectionist I am, you would think so. I got 200% in Tropical Freeze, after all. But a man has to know his limits, and I know I'm not good enough to do an entire boss rush without getting hit. I'm content to with getting just regular 100%.

>>381857265
>I presume that you got the idea of that technique from a video?

Actually I heard a friend of mine say that you can do that but I didn't believe him until now. I should probably apologize to him. At any rate, thank you. The wait until the next 3 games is gonna be a nice ride.
>>
File: Adeleine.png (6KB, 264x364px) Image search: [Google]
Adeleine.png
6KB, 264x364px
>>381857359
Never did one, but on an unrelated note, I did make some edits for this little fad that happened.
>>
>>381846947
5 and 9 are the same game...
>>
>>381857525
God, I gotta finish Dong Freeze. Last I checked, I was in the first stage of the final world.

>>381857494
Maybe the Ancients just like cute shit. Can't blame them for it.
>>
>>381856863
Damn, now I want some Marxiesâ„¢
>>
File: The Ancients.png (2MB, 828x1684px) Image search: [Google]
The Ancients.png
2MB, 828x1684px
>>381857494
Those guys were fucking weird.
>>
File: 63267013_p56.png (134KB, 587x640px) Image search: [Google]
63267013_p56.png
134KB, 587x640px
>>381856749
and missing/presumed to be dead daughter coming back.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud40p9Puo28
>>
File: 1433418512548.png (213KB, 1000x943px) Image search: [Google]
1433418512548.png
213KB, 1000x943px
>bombastic
>>
>>381827371
the small innovations it does between games is fine, so I'd say no. From what I can tell, the new Switch Kirby might push the series powerup mechanics to a new limit though. But this is assuming that ALL powers can combine with each other, instead of just a few, a la Squeak Squad. If anything, I think the series might need better level design where it makes more use of all the powerups. Like, instead of making everything passable with vanilla kirby, make it so you're forced to use certain powers to beat specific levels. I think the designers are incredibly autistic and feel they can't include a puzzle unless they put the appropriate enemy right in front of it. So I say make puzzles that can be solved by multiple powerups.

As an aside, personally, I feel where the series needs innovation is in the artstyle. Everything else is fine, as far as innovation goes. But I hate that stupid clean plastic look they've kept for fucking four games straight. It doesn't even work for kirby, he seriously looks dirty and unappealing. Not cute at all. Ignoring the creative dreamland3/crystal shards looks, even Kirby Superstar, the series standard, is much more vibrant and colorful than this new trash.
>>
>>381858120
the gorb?
the galorb?
the magentorb?
>>
File: wait.png (1KB, 120x135px) Image search: [Google]
wait.png
1KB, 120x135px
>>381857953
>the ending of rtdl implies the Lor is sentient
>the Ancients created a sentient dimension-hopping ship whose parts snap off like Legos
Hell, with how much shit the Dimensional Mirror caused, I'm surprised the Ancients weren't behind that too.
>>
They just need to make Kumazaki Kirby move faster.
And stop making Kirby say "HI" at the end of his dance.
>>
File: 1460561109152.png (81KB, 310x253px) Image search: [Google]
1460561109152.png
81KB, 310x253px
>>381858286
>And stop making Kirby say "HI" at the end of his dance.
for what purpose?
>>
File: 47827540_p17.png (187KB, 750x429px) Image search: [Google]
47827540_p17.png
187KB, 750x429px
>>381858120
A total jobborb
>>
File: 1474266699102.jpg (127KB, 630x950px) Image search: [Google]
1474266699102.jpg
127KB, 630x950px
>>381858120
I'd say he's overdue for more lore. He can take a nice long break as a boss fight, but I'd like to know at least a little more about him besides being the so-called strongest in the galaxy.
>>
File: Kirby Stack.jpg (92KB, 290x449px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Stack.jpg
92KB, 290x449px
>>381858286
I think I'd prefer if they just gave him more to say besides HIII. A nice selection of 6-7 voice clips would be lovely.
>>
>>381842056
You're stupid
AAA just means huge budget + huge marketing
>>
Galacta Knight is a girl and I can prove it!
>>
>>381858332
Because the dance was better without it and I'm sick of that recycled voice clip. Same goes for his "EYY" when he gets to the goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOOds4dY9pE
>>
>>381858332
It's annoying. He vocalizes far too much now. In 64 it was saved for beating a boss.
>>
>>381858478
aaaand the idiot is back
answer the question
>>
>>381858478
this
>>
File: 1474786042256.jpg (87KB, 536x528px) Image search: [Google]
1474786042256.jpg
87KB, 536x528px
>>381858606
>his only argument is "answer my question or your point is invalidated"

lol, get fucked anon.
>>
>>381858606
I'm a different anon than the other fag, you're still a retard though
>>
File: 63282595_p0.jpg (406KB, 709x521px) Image search: [Google]
63282595_p0.jpg
406KB, 709x521px
>you will never be a pink ball strong enough to beat eldrith abominations and so cute that bitches fall at your foot.
Why live?
>>
>>381858606
Your question is irrelevant though. Why should he?
>>
>>381858746
>Susie with arms

I'm triggered
>>
>>381858286
>>381858448
This. Give Kirby some lines. You know someone at HAL wants to keep that infant Kirby from the shitty anime intact. I hated what it did to Kirby.
>>
>>381858746
>you will never be an anon autistic and depraved enough to fantasize about being a pink ball and imagining he has a harem of half-naked girls fawning over him
Feels good.
>>
>>381858332
>>381858527
>>381858529
I agree
I honestly hate some of the things TD introduced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPxxv9v-Y7g
>>
>>381858802
mainly because i asked him the question first, then it got diverted into an argument on what exactly a triple A game is
something completely irrelevant to the conversation we were having at the time
>>
File: 1466829596771.png (172KB, 400x241px) Image search: [Google]
1466829596771.png
172KB, 400x241px
>>381858252
I think that's an entity all on its own. There is also the instance in which Star Dream states that it doesn't even have a clue on who or what Dark Matter actually is and it took all of it's power just to create a just a small amount of data. It's a space wish granting omnipotent machine.
>>
>>381843531
I always forget how beautiful Kirby's Adventure looks.
>>
>>381858912
A true depraved anon would have thought about being a pink ball voring all those girls.
>>
>>381859036
but that's all kirby is

vore platforming
>>
>>381858983
No, your question was irrelevant to the conversation you were having at the time. You were talking about Kirby being AAA or not beforehand.
>>
>>381859101
Well, then why kirby vore art doesn't exists? You would think japan is all over it but nope.
>>
File: 1482208337802.png (1MB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482208337802.png
1MB, 700x800px
>>381858027
>Haltmann never recognized his grown up daughter

Do you think he ever had weird thoughts about Susie?
>>
>>381859275
we see enough vore in the games
you literally inhale people
>>
File: 1493157885800.png (240KB, 700x799px) Image search: [Google]
1493157885800.png
240KB, 700x799px
>>381859023
>22 years later, and we're still not sure what Dark Matter is
Is this the greatest Kirby mystery of all?
>>
>>381855772
I think he removed the blue from the eyes.
>>
File: 1492577797842.jpg (382KB, 1280x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1492577797842.jpg
382KB, 1280x1156px
>>381859317
who didn't
>>
>>381859236
>>
File: 1482209748003.png (138KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482209748003.png
138KB, 400x500px
>>381859428
So did Susie recognize her dad? I'm not sure that was ever cleared up. The closest thing to it was her calling him "the old man".
>>
File: 1492661590893.png (144KB, 854x622px) Image search: [Google]
1492661590893.png
144KB, 854x622px
>>381859724
Star Dream's only interaction with Susie was chucking her into Another Dimension. She probably recognizes her dad
>>
>>381859724
It's pretty obvious she did but no longer gives a fuck because she's a greedy cunt
>>
>>381846314
>lol i really troled them good today xDDD
>>
>>381827371
not really
they sell well enough
people complain about the New Super Mario Bro series but it still sells
maybe we need a Kirby maker
>>
>>381855853

Dr. Kirby's concocting your daily dose.
>>
>>381859724
Pretty sure the Miiverse Director post cleared up that Haltmann lost his reason, motivation, and memory because of the constant use of the control helmet. Susie did know Haltmann's as her father, but when she discovers that he did not care and seem to forgotten about her disappearance, she felt hatred toward the machine, her dad, and the company.
>>
>>381859621
So, I'm right. Thanks. He said they're not AAA games, not bad games.
>>
>>381827371
>I see Kirbyfags all the time talking about have they have no bad games

Who says this though?

IMO I think Triple Deluxe was trash, but Robobot is my favorite 3DS game
>>
>>381861234
I was asking which kirby game was the last good one in his opinion.
Yes it was irrelevant.
I'm still expecting an answer either way.
>>
File: how it should be!.jpg (60KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
how it should be!.jpg
60KB, 500x450px
>>381861271
>I think Triple Deluxe was trash

I really liked it
>>
>>381858120
I want to hug the fluffy pink pikeman.
>>
>>381859317
>>381859428
I'm geetting some "GARONS OF INCREASING DISCOMFORT" Flashbacks
>>
File: 1493652570404.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493652570404.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
>>381861437
One man's trash, is another man's treasure. Not dissing your taste or anything, I like Triple Deluxe as well, but I can't find myself to enjoy Return to Dreamland.
>>
File: 1482208558430.jpg (747KB, 1003x985px) Image search: [Google]
1482208558430.jpg
747KB, 1003x985px
>>381859918
>>381859930
>>381860867
Alright, sounds good. Makes those thoughts about Haltmann coming onto her pretty damn wrong.
>>
>>381838570
>And how would we give Wheelie a hat, to set the helper apart?
Are you an idiot? They already solved this in fucking Kirby Super Star which debuted the Wheelie Rider design. Helper Wheelies have the motorcycle design, enemy Wheelies are just plain tires.
>>
File: 1492659094881.png (259KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492659094881.png
259KB, 600x800px
>>381861836
>Taranza has never been shown not smiling
>this also applies to Dark Taranza
What's up with that?
>>
File: 1468462809963.jpg (47KB, 299x268px) Image search: [Google]
1468462809963.jpg
47KB, 299x268px
>went and replayed Super Star Ultra a few days ago
>tfw can't beat my True Arena time from when I was 12
Either I got really good RNG, or i'm getting worse at video games.
>>
>>381862329
not him
but one compromise could be using the design on wheel's cap as a decal on wheelie bike's front fender

though how kirby could carry helpers in wheel form is still something to put some thought into
>>
File: worried fish.gif (31KB, 237x177px) Image search: [Google]
worried fish.gif
31KB, 237x177px
>>381862403
He smiles to hide the pain of losing his Waifu
>>
File: wheelies.png (30KB, 656x127px) Image search: [Google]
wheelies.png
30KB, 656x127px
>>381862491
That's really not necessary when there's that big of a design difference between the helper and the enemy already.
>>
File: 1492477407707.jpg (1MB, 2064x3016px) Image search: [Google]
1492477407707.jpg
1MB, 2064x3016px
>>381862518
But what if there's a Shadow Sectonia
>inb4 he messes with evil mirrors again
>>
>>381862619
true
but if somehow they just wanna be lazy by reusing assets from the previous kumazaki-engine games
theres always the option

and again the "helpers with hats" thing seems to be pretty encompassing, given what we've seen so far
so if they decide to push it for wheelie, there's that

buy hey its just a suggestion
>>
File: 20160729165124d65.jpg (247KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
20160729165124d65.jpg
247KB, 480x479px
>>381862414
I feel the same way too. I just put in so much time memorizing patterns and shit when I was younger. Now that time has passed ever since I touched the game, I've forgotten how I end up getting that time at all.
>>
File: 1497569532503.jpg (231KB, 1485x1747px) Image search: [Google]
1497569532503.jpg
231KB, 1485x1747px
>>381862414
Maybe your just too used to the rtdl engines physics compared to the sprites.
>>
Kirby was never good. Its a game for 1-3 year olds only
>>
File: CAKES.png (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
CAKES.png
29KB, 292x257px
>>381862868
(You)
>>
>>381862329
>>381862619
Yeah and that hasn't been a thing for a while, so... Fuck off?
>>
I don't see how you can be older than 12 and be a Kirby fan

If it's a nostalgic favorite, fine, I guess I can understand. But coming to the series as someone who didn't play it as a child, I just cannot get into it. They're unbelievably mundane, just the most safety-scissors platformers I've ever played
>>
>>381862827
i wouldnt put it past the writers to do something like that
>taranza is overcome with grief
>hears that the dimension mirror can grant the wishes of those reflected in it
>wants to bring sectonia back
>ends up getting corrupted himself
>cue all the enemies from team kirby clash deluxe actually becoming canon
i mean i could go on with this given all the potential
>>
File: 1495790630284.png (853KB, 1876x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1495790630284.png
853KB, 1876x1565px
>>381862895
in robobot the wheelie design has the motorcycle parts.
>>
>>381862895
Because there were no helpers you idiot. There's no reason why they couldn't change it back to how it was. YOU fuck off.
>>
>>381863091
Because it's fucking boring and not iconic at all. Not that it matters since they won't be in the game at all.
>>
File: sad3.gif (414KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sad3.gif
414KB, 200x200px
Kirby's Epic Yarn makes me sad for some reason. It's just so innocent and cute... And that music.
>>
>>381827371
>I struggle to think of a Kirby game that really wows me

It does have a game like that.

Kirby's Super Star. it's a 10/10 game' 11/10 with a friend.

Sadly, HAL never aspired to those heights again.
>>
>>381863204
and how do you know that? because it would be impractical for piggybacking with wheel to be a thing?
considering this is kirby's anniversary title, there's no reason for HAL not to go all out with this
wheel is a personal favorite for many fans of the series, and it would be a dick move for HAL to let them down
>>
File: 1472940890095.png (683KB, 641x631px) Image search: [Google]
1472940890095.png
683KB, 641x631px
>>381863267
It's a comfy game, that damned piano could bring even the most manly man to tears.
>>
>>381863070
Yeah exactly.
>>
>>381863204
>Because it's fucking boring and not iconic at all.
Yeah, that's why they stuck with it for 18 years.

>Not that it matters since they won't be in the game at all.
My dad works for HAL and he says you're wrong.
>>
File: 1445800665296.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1445800665296.png
91KB, 240x255px
>>381863267
I feel the same way with Dreamland 3. It has something to do with the music and the atmosphere that it brings.
>>
File: 1425343841427.jpg (103KB, 776x768px) Image search: [Google]
1425343841427.jpg
103KB, 776x768px
>>381863375
oh and air ride had the enemy wheelies have the motorcycle parts too.

Hell even the big wheelie boss from triple deluxe had it.
>>
>>381863353
Because it's a terrible idea and HAL are smart, not a gaggle of retards like you chucklefucks.
>considering this is kirby's anniversary title
It isn't you blithering idiot, it comes out next year. The 25th anniversary title comes out this winter.
>>
>>381863498
Thanks for agreeing.
>>
File: Diabeetus.jpg (276KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Diabeetus.jpg
276KB, 640x480px
>>381863267
It's the fucking shit.
>>
>>381863419
ehh, dreamland 3 had a different feel to it, and not because of the giant bloody eye
dreamland 3 had a more serious story than yarn did, and actually played up the tension when it needed to
yarn was literally all fluff, but how good that ends up being depends on the player

>>381863525
care to elaborate on exactly how it's a terrible idea?
and as for the anniversary title thing, Sonic Mania is officially Sonic's 25th anniversary game, and still hasn't come out since it was announced at his 25th party was last year
>>
File: Wheelie_KatAM.png (25KB, 123x120px) Image search: [Google]
Wheelie_KatAM.png
25KB, 123x120px
>>381863498
That's probably due to reused assets. They were too lazy to make a separate model. Immediately after Air Ride was Amazing Mirror which went back to the classic Wheelie design, which stayed in every game until Triple Deluxe.
>>
File: Wheelie Rider.png (804KB, 1024x986px) Image search: [Google]
Wheelie Rider.png
804KB, 1024x986px
>>381863204
>the design for the only helper you can ride in THE most famous and well-liked Kirby game isn't iconic at all

That's just reaching, man.
>>
File: 1435208927980.jpg (137KB, 1024x866px) Image search: [Google]
1435208927980.jpg
137KB, 1024x866px
>>381863883
Amazing mirror was primarily made by flag ship (the first game they made mind you) with re used nightmare in dreamland assets which had original style wheelies to keep it a faithful remake That or they didn't want to push the envelope on their first game

Either way I like both.
>>
meanwhile the wheelie bike is actually becoming a real thing
>>
File: 1465489052480.png (46KB, 220x204px) Image search: [Google]
1465489052480.png
46KB, 220x204px
>>381863850
Epic Yarn has a great credit theme, that I can say for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgbY1WyVS8
>>
File: Water.png (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Water.png
2MB, 1920x1920px
>Water is coming back
>the helper is a cute danger noodle

I'm liking Switch already.
>>
File: 1498008682368.jpg (74KB, 475x399px) Image search: [Google]
1498008682368.jpg
74KB, 475x399px
>>381864279
I wanna see a giant eye painted on one of those.
>>
File: 1497553584583.png (109KB, 152x271px) Image search: [Google]
1497553584583.png
109KB, 152x271px
>>381864279
This could end up as a really great idea or a terrible accident that is waiting to happen.
>>
>>381864279
I can already see all the different ways you could die on one of those stupid things.
>>
>>381864405
its name is driplee
the second half of its name is literally eel backwards
i know its petty but please get your noodles right

>>381864429
>>381864449
it works though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Fy8OZA134
>>
>>381855068
I haven't played it but I want to know.
>>
>>381864214
You can't blame it on Flagship because HAL kept using the design themselves, in Canvas Curse, Super Star Ultra (which granted was a remake of Super Star) and Mass Attack.

I think the only reason they stopped making the distinction in Triple Deluxe was because there were no helpers anymore. I don't see why they couldn't go back to the plain tire enemies and the Wheelie Rider helpers in Kirby Switch.
>>
File: 26308381_p0.jpg (130KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
26308381_p0.jpg
130KB, 490x700px
>>381864525
Maybe earth really is shiver star and those become wheelies in the future.
>>
>>381864019
That's not what I said, I said the black tire is. Which is why it was rightfully ditched.
>>
>>381864613
That'd be cool but I don't see that happening.
>>
>>381864525
>over 5 grand for a glorified segway
>>
File: 1492411250523.png (225KB, 750x987px) Image search: [Google]
1492411250523.png
225KB, 750x987px
>>381864525
In my defense, when was the last time an eel was ever an ally or even a prominent playable character?
>>
>>381864019
>Kirby leans forward just a liiitle bit at high speed
>the front mudguard catches the ground and the two of them do the most spectacular series of flips and rolls
>Wheelie runs out of health, catches fire and explodes
>>
>>381862981
Because some people look for more in their games than just being annoying and frustrating.
>>
How would a "zero gravity" abilty work for Kirby?
>>
>>381864678
oh i wish
all we can hope for is that the design becomes speedier and more stylized
then my life would be complete

>>381864820
there was the enemy in dreamland 2 and ripple field's minigame host in dreamland 3

but you can tell its species from its fins if you look close enough
>>
>>381865025
cupid?
>>
File: 40088159_p0.png (497KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
40088159_p0.png
497KB, 800x700px
>>381865038
Yeah but everyone would die unless your a tomboy painter.
>>
File: 1498024345325.jpg (131KB, 1070x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498024345325.jpg
131KB, 1070x960px
>>381865082
The floating would work for movement but what about attacks?
>>
>>381865159
multidirectional condor heading with dreamland 3/ 64-style Burning fuel system and relatively shorter range

the Gravity powerup in Spark the Electric Jester would illustrate this clearly
>>
File: Cake Hat.png (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cake Hat.png
86KB, 600x600px
>>381865038
Yeah, those guys aren't very memorable. I remember them, but they don't really spring to mind whenever I think Kirby. At any rate I'm just glad this little guy exists now.
>>
>>381865302
same
i really cant wait for the fanart
>>
Someone was saying Sword Knight (or was it Blade Knight? always get those two mixed up) wasn't wearing Kirby's Sword hat in the trailer, but if you look very carefully and compare a few colors, he actually is.
>>
>>381865258
I think it'd be more interesting to have it work like a throw putting enemies into a zero gravity bubble like kingdom hearts and using that as a weapon.

Maybe both could work in a single moveset.
>>
>>381865025
There was a glitch in Super Star that let you swim on land.
>>
>>381865591
It's Blade Knight.
>>
Huh this thread turned out really well.
Goodnight Kirby thread.
>>
File: psycho-waluigi-002.jpg (79KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
psycho-waluigi-002.jpg
79KB, 900x675px
>>381865598
oh oh oh another idea that would work with grabbing is have it work like "psycho waluigi"
>>
File: Clash Heroes.png (494KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Clash Heroes.png
494KB, 800x600px
>never beat all the missions
>almost 2000 gem apples by now

I just can't be arsed to.
>>
File: DAE8nMYUMAAEmVi.jpg large.jpg (103KB, 700x440px) Image search: [Google]
DAE8nMYUMAAEmVi.jpg large.jpg
103KB, 700x440px
>>381865947
From the OP post, I was expecting this thread to be absolute shit, but it actually turned out okay.
sleep tight and don't have nightmares
>>
File: 63267013_p30.png (396KB, 730x575px) Image search: [Google]
63267013_p30.png
396KB, 730x575px
>>381865947
Have a good rest anon
>>
File: 1475047615515.png (319KB, 532x401px) Image search: [Google]
1475047615515.png
319KB, 532x401px
>>381866172
He's dead so no problem.

I have bad dreams all the time it sucks.
>>
File: 14731.png (225KB, 1302x1190px) Image search: [Google]
14731.png
225KB, 1302x1190px
kirby is fun because billions of enemies rush at you and you have a lot of killing power and health. kirby superstar is a masterpiece for instance.

when kirby games lack this enemies rushing at you at al times and 20 enemies on screen at all times they stop being fun. this is why the latest kirby games have been boring and shitty. in the quest to make games as easy as possible the developer hal threw away this over powered killing machine gameplay element by only making it so every stage only has like 5 enemies, to the point where u can complete stages without taking a single hit of damage. this has ruined the kirby franchise by killing the fun and appeal of kirby (the fun aspect that made us all fans to begin with).

if HAL does not learn their lesson and make the switch kirby as difficult and enemy heavy as superstar and the other older kirbies the franchise will bomb.
>>
>>381827885
honestly just take city trial and turn it into a real game
>>
>Kirby stopped fighting eldritch nightmares

Kirby games are great if he's fucking up abominations or fucking with space.
>>
File: 60050352_p15.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
60050352_p15.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
>>381866098
Be patient buddy, it takes time to make it through. Trust me I know.
>>
File: 1470548977865.jpg (256KB, 853x853px) Image search: [Google]
1470548977865.jpg
256KB, 853x853px
>>381866589
Eh star dream is pretty "cosmic terror"-y it wanted to destroy all organic life.

Ultron would be proud.
>>
>>381827371
>>381835109
>what is Mass Attack
>What is Air Ride
>What is Canvas Curse
>What is Rainbow Curse
>What is Epic Yarn
>>
>>381866589

>corrupt sentient ai bent on deleting the entire universe

Yeah nah I'd still shit my pants
>>
>>381866841
>corrupt omnipotent sentient ai
don't forget
>>
File: 60676124_p14.jpg (373KB, 850x699px) Image search: [Google]
60676124_p14.jpg
373KB, 850x699px
>>381866589
Well Sectonia was using the body of a dead queen in order to be beautiful and later consumed other live beings in order to stay beautiful forever. And Star Dream was absorbing Haltmann's mind, body, and soul in order to become sentient, and later forced Kirby to destroy Haltmann's memory bank to become in total control. They're pretty fucked up.
>>
>>381855068
The only thing I didn't like is that you had to look at the smaller screen if you didn't have perfect coordination. It was fun though, looked great too
What thing are you talking about?
>>
File: 1390180679979.jpg (697KB, 1344x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1390180679979.jpg
697KB, 1344x1225px
>>381866589
>asshole from another dimension seeking power that eventually becomes some giant jester monstrosity with an eyeball mouth
>supremely vain insect queen that merges with a magic beanstalk to suck the life out of the entire planet, rips her own head off just to kill someone
>fucking up ancient wish-granting computer that merges with a Nova to destroy all life in existence

I'd say the series is doing pretty well on the abomination front.
>>
>>381866835
>>What is Air Ride
A spin-off game, but still the only game you listed even slightly relevant to my post. Over a decade old and unique in many aspects. It was pretty darn good, and still is.
>>
>>381866998
>Sectonia was using the body of a dead queen
sectonia was the queen dude
>>
>>381867007
Stop using adjectives and swears to hype something up as cooler than it is, you edgy 14-year-old.
>>
File: 1496698237212.jpg (470KB, 1066x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1496698237212.jpg
470KB, 1066x1076px
>final boss has 5 phases and if you lose to any of them you have to start over
>>
File: 47712520_p5.jpg (265KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
47712520_p5.jpg
265KB, 1100x825px
>>381867007
Jeez how can nightmare even compete he just waned to give people bad dreams, he's like a shitty Freddy Kruger.
>>
File: 1479674790904.png (334KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479674790904.png
334KB, 1536x960px
>>381866998
>fighting Star Dream's heart
>every time you deal damage, you can hear Haltmann screaming in pain
>it's the last thing he ever feels before his soul disappears

These games are fucked up.
>>
>>381867007
Magolor is just a Marx rehash.
>>
File: 1492929200339.jpg (71KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492929200339.jpg
71KB, 540x540px
>>381867147
>>
File: 57900678_p0.jpg (439KB, 1687x1299px) Image search: [Google]
57900678_p0.jpg
439KB, 1687x1299px
>we will never know who this witch jerk was
>we will never know why meta knight was a butterfly
Why did GCN have to be cancelled
>>
File: 1473527576633.jpg (506KB, 460x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1473527576633.jpg
506KB, 460x1103px
>>
>>381867138
You can't actually refute any of that, though.
>>
>>381867225
Kirby is insanely powerful to the point of destroying souls of ultimately powerful beings of destruction.

Imagine if he fought someone like bowser he'd have no trouble at all.
>>
File: KatAM_Boxart.jpg (239KB, 1200x1201px) Image search: [Google]
KatAM_Boxart.jpg
239KB, 1200x1201px
I wish there was more Amazing Mirror
>>
File: 1466373081568.png (1MB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466373081568.png
1MB, 1536x960px
>>381867072
Nope, she was originally a creature like Taranza. She later took control of the queen's body through possession.
>>
>>381867393
How dare you reply to me?
>>
>>381867420
He uses a robot posessing a gunship to fight a robot then he breaks a big piece of rock candy that a robot put a soul inside of
Ooh so impressive, let's see him get there without the robot or the gunship
>>
>>381867465
I would fucking kill for another game like Amazing Mirror with online play.
>>
File: 1463599582436.png (637KB, 1080x648px) Image search: [Google]
1463599582436.png
637KB, 1080x648px
>>381867469
And this is Taranza just for comparison.
>>
>>381867469
Wow, that's pretty stupid.
>>
File: 1497423513650.png (162KB, 540x510px) Image search: [Google]
1497423513650.png
162KB, 540x510px
>>381867574
Even without that he's still has copy which is powerful.
>>
File: 1492928728843.png (561KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1492928728843.png
561KB, 1280x1280px
>>381867607
>that smile
inside he's screaming
>>
File: 1465756113647.png (203KB, 633x637px) Image search: [Google]
1465756113647.png
203KB, 633x637px
>>381867469
It wasn't possession ya dope, sectonia made her self into that form with magic, it says so in triple deluxe and robobot the amazing mirror made her go crazy.

Hence why taranza takes a different form in clash deluxe
>>
File: 1492591261576.gif (171KB, 480x301px) Image search: [Google]
1492591261576.gif
171KB, 480x301px
>>381867607
>>381867708
What do you guys think Taranza does nowadays since he no longer has a corrupt queen to blindly follow?
>>
>>381867685
True but Mario could just possess him and bump into a waddle dee 6 times to kill him
>>
>>381867772
Oh, that's not nearly as stupid.
>>
File: sans dedede.png (39KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
sans dedede.png
39KB, 540x480px
oh shit watch out
>>
File: 1492548984527.jpg (100KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492548984527.jpg
100KB, 400x240px
>>381867776
>>381866172
he's cool with the People of the Sky at least
just keep him away from mirrors
>>
>>381846947
lmao you put return to dreamland on there twice
>>
>>381867469
>She later took control of the queen's body
you dumb fuck, she used magic to make herself beautiful
>>
>>381867776
The queen he helped kill? Hopefully he'll just fade into obscurity, the small handful of "he really really loved sectonia oh he must be soo sad" anons stuck on repeat is kind of annoying. Sure he cared about her but not nearly that much.
>>
Bully spiders
>>
File: 3837508_p0.jpg (39KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
3837508_p0.jpg
39KB, 600x468px
>>381867867
>Ness is really dedede
>dedede is really sans

really makes you think.
>>
>>381867912
>his feeling never touched the queen he served
So he never cared about her at all, then. If the implication was that he had something go unsaid, it would say "his feelings were never shared with the queen he served"
The wording here implies that he was ambivalent to her as a friend.
>>
File: Smug Gangsta.png (119KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Gangsta.png
119KB, 750x750px
>>381867912
>It is said that his feelings never touched the queen he served.

lol what a fucking loser
>>
>>381827371
I don't know what was the intention of the author of this picture, but there is a massive leap in lighting quality on the newest kirby game if compared to the others.
Also the kirby 64 model is impressive as fuck for a N64 game.
>>
>>381868117
No, it implies that Sectonia never noticed his feelings
>>
File: 1493084915876.png (937KB, 1300x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493084915876.png
937KB, 1300x1500px
>>381867796
He could eat cappy without issue, he's eaten ghosts before.

Not cappy as in "cappy" but cappy as in "cappy", get what I mean?
>>
>>381868117
Nice reading comprehension.
She just didn't reciprocate his feelings.
>>
>>381868123
fuck off memester
>>
File: 1492580323480.png (1MB, 798x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1492580323480.png
1MB, 798x1006px
>>381867864
Also here's what taranza looks like corrupted by the mirror.

Much different.
>>
File: 1492671498469.jpg (18KB, 438x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492671498469.jpg
18KB, 438x360px
>>381867979
>>381868117
I think Taranza lovers go a bit crazy but even this is some levels of stupid.
>>
>>381868145
The main point is that Kirby has red shoes again.
>>
>>381868278
Wait, I thought that was Dark Taranza, the one from the mirror world?
>>
>>381868163
>>381868226
No, if that was the case then it would say "his feelings were never touched by the queen he served"
>>
File: TD LOR.png (584KB, 1598x239px) Image search: [Google]
TD LOR.png
584KB, 1598x239px
>>381867772
>>381867951
>Queen Sectonia is a mistress of manipulative magic. Once upon a time, she looked similar to her insectoid underlings, but her current beautiful yet deadly bee-like form is a body that she took over through the use of her magic.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkSsN5hZg

I'm just going with the information that is already out there. I think it all points to her using her magic to take control of a body. Plus the description in Planet Robobot states that they found elements of other creatures as well.
>>
>>381868117
>>381868354
english isn't your first language huh
>>
>>381868278
That's Dark Taranza
Different being altogether. He manipulated Taranza in Kirby Clash.
>>
>>381868117
>The wording here implies that he was ambivalent to her as a friend.
What? No it doesn't.
>>
>>381827371

I tried playing that Yarn game on Wii and was like a literal babies game for 2 year olds. No challenge or point whatsoever.
>>
File: 1492988938427.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492988938427.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>381868331
Nope that's taranza from "dream kingdom" he only used the mirror to summon king d mind which bit him in the ass team Kirby beats him and he goes back to normal living peacfully on megolors shop roof.

Dream kingdom is just an alternate dreamland where megolor wasn't an evil dick.
>>
>>381868354
>his feelings were never touched by the queen
That doesn't make sense
>>
>>381868169
Mario is far too big. Kirby can't even eat someone as big as Mr. Frosty without defeating him first. What would Kirby be, up to Mario's shin? Mario could probably just jump on Kirby, and it'd kill him instantly like when he is crushed by larger obstacles in-game.
>>
File: 1492823728542.png (552KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492823728542.png
552KB, 1280x720px
>>381868547
>where megolor wasn't an evil dick

Instead he's a jew.
>>
>>381868547
wat
>>
>>381849280
Where do you get this?
>>
File: 1497475970696.jpg (237KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497475970696.jpg
237KB, 600x600px
>>381868589
Blocky squishes him and blocky is bigger then Mario so nah, plus Kirby is squishy.

Mario can only possess people with the help of cappy anyway.
>>
>>381868665
GSC, AmiAmi, etc. Any figure ordering site if it's up, idk if it is. Comes with a sleeping face for pink Kirby too.
>>
File: purinbun1498139208.jpg (122KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
purinbun1498139208.jpg
122KB, 600x624px
>>381849280
>didn't care at first
>those extras for the regular Nendo
Fuck.
>>
File: egggg.png (1MB, 400x1440px) Image search: [Google]
egggg.png
1MB, 400x1440px
>>381868547

Don't be stupid
>>
File: 18245300_p0.png (467KB, 754x745px) Image search: [Google]
18245300_p0.png
467KB, 754x745px
>>381868589
I don't know about that, Kirby also met Samus as well and she didn't seem to be gigantic considering that he is suppose to be 5 inches tall.
>>
File: 1493106553192.png (281KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493106553192.png
281KB, 800x700px
>>381868660
dream kingdom is basically the same as dream land everyone acts the same as you'd expect but there's only a few key differences.
>>
File: aa0.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aa0.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>381827371

>bombastic

you understand what bombastic means, fellow anon?
>>
>>381868660
Kirby Clash is some alternate universe shit, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: 1491604172862.jpg (157KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491604172862.jpg
157KB, 350x300px
>>381868889
Right after he says that he says "just kidding"
>>
File: hypernova.gif (3MB, 367x207px) Image search: [Google]
hypernova.gif
3MB, 367x207px
>>381868589
One word: Hypernova
>>
>>381868889
how much do all of microtransagolor's apples cost again?
>>
>>381868278
wtf, I thought that was Dark Taranza
>>
File: 1460326238858.jpg (46KB, 406x438px) Image search: [Google]
1460326238858.jpg
46KB, 406x438px
>>381868980
True but it does help tell taranza's story in dreamland more.
>>
Kirby needed innovation 20 years ago, now it's destined to be the same thing forever or the fanbase will throw an autistic fit.
>>
File: 1492988443691.png (800KB, 901x827px) Image search: [Google]
1492988443691.png
800KB, 901x827px
>>381869073
it's just taranza corrupted by the mirror so it is, kinda but he's not from the mirror world.
>>
>>381869030
I think there's a limit of 30 buckaroos. After that limit you can't buy anymore, but you'll get about 300 gem apples daily I believe.
>>
>>381869030
Close to $30 is the limit.
>>
>>381869172
wtf, I haven't finished the game yet (I need some more apples) but every single thread about Clash Deluxe always refered to him as the Shadow Taranza from the mirror
>>
>>381868902
Samus sure does like to visit other places my head cannon is she goes to those places for R and R
>>
File: 1492656577321.png (344KB, 864x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492656577321.png
344KB, 864x1000px
>>381869081
Fair point.

>that shot of him in the end credits with him holding a Dreamstalk flower

HAL are sadistic sons of bitches.
>>
>>381868889
Thanks for showing me what happens, beat it in 3 days without needing to spend any money so I never would have seen this.
>>
File: 1491618713729.png (925KB, 1000x780px) Image search: [Google]
1491618713729.png
925KB, 1000x780px
>>381868924
She was so cute, it sucks what happened.
>>
>>381869329
He still hold that flower when you see him on top of Magolor's stand. The poor son of a bitch.
>>
File: samus3.png (24KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
samus3.png
24KB, 512x446px
>>381869293
>my head cannon
>cannon
>>
>>381868547
That's wrong. Taranza and Dark Taranza are seperate characters, even in Kirby Clash.
You literally see Taranza interacting with Dark Taranza.
>>
>>381868829
Thanks. It looks really good.

My shitty apartment is too small for more stuff though.
>>
File: 47827540_p12.png (212KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
47827540_p12.png
212KB, 600x463px
>>381869248
think of it like this:
dedede gets possessed but he's not all bad
shadow dedede is from the mirror world and is dedede's "dark reflection"

>>381869435
When exactly?
>>
File: 59404682_p7.png (729KB, 780x660px) Image search: [Google]
59404682_p7.png
729KB, 780x660px
>>381869293
I'm just glad that she is finally coming out of retirement. Although I still like playing Federation Force from time to time with my bro.
>>
>>381868547
>game literally says "When a troubled mage stood before the mirror, Dark Taranza appeared..."
>>
>>381869424
Well they are just throwaway cameos.

I'm surprised captain falcon hasn't shown up in a metroid game they are both bounty hunters after all.
>>
File: 1492624422860.jpg (47KB, 550x629px) Image search: [Google]
1492624422860.jpg
47KB, 550x629px
Kirby thread: grammar lessons and spiderposting
>>
>>381869594
>dedede gets possessed but he's not all bad

Ok, but every time Dedede gets possesed is by Dark Matter or something like that

Shadow Dedede is his evil Mirror version, I thought that Dark Taranza was like that
>>
>>381869206
>>381869242
actually the upper limit is 450 gem apples per harvest, so 900 apples a day

the way microtransactions are used in this game is actually pretty clever
you can only buy them once, but your rate of getting them for free increases as a result
so you're paying for the acceleration of resource acquisition more than the resources themselves, making the purchase feel far more worthwhile in the long run

it honestly feels like one of those "pay what you want" apps
>>
>>381869759
>Shadow Dedede is his evil Mirror version, I thought that Dark Taranza was like that
He is.
>>
File: 1493099659366.jpg (75KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493099659366.jpg
75KB, 600x420px
>>381869759
Dark Taranza IS like that. The other anon is just extremely confuse
>>
>>381868786
>Blocky squishes him and blocky is bigger then Mario
No he is not, and no he doesn't, but even then small obstacles such as I3 can still crush Kirby. And Mario is much bigger and faster than Kirby, so it would be easier to pull it off.

>>381868902
Even going by that scale, Mario is a full 1'1" over King Dedede which is well beyond his capabilities of eating normally.

>>381869023
Kirby doesn't even have access to that anymore, and if we were using power-ups then Mario would just have to touch him with a Super Star.
>>
File: 1489045070361.png (305KB, 600x504px) Image search: [Google]
1489045070361.png
305KB, 600x504px
>>381869640
the wiki does say that, my bad.
>>
>>381869782
I did it free. Super easy to do free if you know what you're doing, had apples to spare even after the true final battle
>>
>>381827371
Kirby has more bad games than good games
>>
>>381869594
>>381869759
Dark Taranza is Taranza's mirror version
>Taranza summons the mirror
>Dark Taranza comes out
>Dark Taranza then summons King D-third-reskin
>Dark Taranza gets shattered
>King D-Mind is sealed and then the mirror is shattered
Then Taranza's back to normal
>>
>>381868449
>>381868585
>angry aliterate taranzafags lashing out
Sad.
>>
File: 1472189824801.png (500KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472189824801.png
500KB, 1000x1000px
>>381869959
borb
>>
>>381869749
I have a feeling that the spiders from that little incident with the Wii U are now gaining sentience.
>>
File: 1492561721170.jpg (26KB, 383x287px) Image search: [Google]
1492561721170.jpg
26KB, 383x287px
>>381870018
>aliterate
good job my dude
>>
File: Edgy boys.png (465KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy boys.png
465KB, 1000x500px
>>381869843
>>381869859
>>381870009

So let me get this straight

Dark Taranza is to Taranza what Shadow Dedede and Dark Meta Knight are to Dedede and Meta Knight, right?

If this is true, the anon who said it was just Taranza corrupted by the mirror is a borb
>>
>>381870018
I don't even like Taranza
He's another "muh sympathetic, misunderstood character"
You're just an idiot, dude
>>
File: 1493092202237.png (718KB, 685x666px) Image search: [Google]
1493092202237.png
718KB, 685x666px
>>381870009
Yeah just read the wiki, woops my bad sorry! it's hard to keep up on all the lore.
>>
>>381869883
Hypernova has the suction power of a black hole. In Mario's games, black holes are instant death he can't escape from, even with a Super Star.

>Kirby doesn't even have access to that anymore
The Sky Kingdom still exists, it didn't go anywhere. Just because Kirby doesn't use it in the new games doesn't mean he doesn't have access to it.
>>
>>381870075
This is correct.
>>
>>381870018
You're illiterate.
>>381870070
Aliterate is a word.
>>
File: 1492748969887.jpg (674KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1492748969887.jpg
674KB, 666x666px
>>381870075
exactly
>nine posts before bump limit
please let this thread end
>>
>>381870082
Not a argument.
>>
File: 1482201143128.jpg (399KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482201143128.jpg
399KB, 856x1200px
>>381870170
I'm gonna dump some images then.
>>
File: 1463018662561.gif (156KB, 521x457px) Image search: [Google]
1463018662561.gif
156KB, 521x457px
>>381870161
>>381870170
Thanks buds

>>381870101
You're still a borb
>>
>>381870170
I like DM's side-eye he has going.
>>
File: 1492291376608.jpg (49KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492291376608.jpg
49KB, 480x640px
and 500
good fucking job everyone
>>
File: 1487043238663.jpg (109KB, 700x440px) Image search: [Google]
1487043238663.jpg
109KB, 700x440px
>Kirby series only had a few cute girls after Crystal Shards
>the number skyrockets after Triple Deluxe

HAL finally got their shit together.
>>
File: 28894445_p0.jpg (719KB, 840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
28894445_p0.jpg
719KB, 840x1080px
>>381870272
I'm very sorry.
>>
File: 42725941_p0.jpg (84KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
42725941_p0.jpg
84KB, 800x470px
>>
File: gay.png (20KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
20KB, 256x224px
>>381850301
nigga everyone knows about that one
>>
File: 1497586653093.png (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497586653093.png
76KB, 600x600px
>>381870321
>paintra isn't there
they dun goofed.
>>
File: AAAWWW SHIET.png (56KB, 456x437px) Image search: [Google]
AAAWWW SHIET.png
56KB, 456x437px
OKAY BUT NOW EXPLAIN PARALLEL SUSIE AND LANDIA

THEY SAY THEY'RE FROM A PARALLEL DIMENSION, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MIRROR?
>>
>>381870143
>Hypernova has the suction power of a black hole.
Not true, light can easily escape it, and it is incapable of sucking in the environment around Kirby. He even has to struggle with inhaling a tree that looks a bit smaller than Mario,. It's just a powerful gust leading to a super-efficient stomach. If Kirby tried to use it while Mario had the Super Star, Kirby would die.
>>
Play Rainbow Curse or one of the other quirky side games (Tilt n Tumble, Dream Course Mass Attack, Canvas Curse). Not only does it put a decent spin on Canvas Curse's gameplay it also bucks the trend of serious me Kirby by being silly and self referential.
>>
>>381870310
see you some other day anon
>>
File: 1494993943491.png (169KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494993943491.png
169KB, 474x600px
>>381870392
It's also missing the people of the sky. Those girls are fucking adorable, I want to hug them all. At least they got their own twitter image.
>>
>>381870403
Kirby with invincibility candy vs mario with super star
go
>>
File: 1497584655952.png (117KB, 427x716px) Image search: [Google]
1497584655952.png
117KB, 427x716px
>>381870394
parallel susie is from the sphere doomer pace as far as I can tell, some sort of "cosmic doppelganger"
>>
File: 1493090560635.jpg (2MB, 3249x2664px) Image search: [Google]
1493090560635.jpg
2MB, 3249x2664px
>>381870435
maybe next time we'll actually have some news, so we don't go full *autistic screeching*
>>
File: 16423885_p0.jpg (157KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
16423885_p0.jpg
157KB, 600x596px
This was a pretty good thread, thanks everyone.
>>
>>381870513
1000 degree knife verse -1000 degree knife.
>>
File: BD walking.png (36KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
BD walking.png
36KB, 223x200px
>>381870526
Does that mean there is also a Parallel Kirby, MK, Dedede, etc. and that we have yet to see Dark Susie and Landia?
>>
File: 1493091868070.png (85KB, 636x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493091868070.png
85KB, 636x530px
>>381870394
PARALLEL SUSIE WORKS FOR DARK MIND
PARALLEL LANDIA I DON'T KNOW
>>
File: hypernova.png (16KB, 538x66px) Image search: [Google]
hypernova.png
16KB, 538x66px
>>381870403
Yes it does, it's literally stated in game.
>light can easily escape it, and it is incapable of sucking in the environment around Kirby.
Come on dude, black holes don't even work that way in Mario Galaxy. Don't apply real world logic to this.

Kirby can inhale instant death laser beams with Hypernova. Super Star isn't shit. Super Star Mario dies in black holes in Galaxy.
>>
>>381827371

>it's all quality and consistent

Thats being VERY generous

Between Kirbys Dreamland, 64 and Return to Dreamland, theres really not much else the franchise can innovate on. Half the franchise is a remake of the same game archetype. Id agree its polished but the overall game is bland.

Maybe try some new powerups, mixing powerups like 64, or better level design?
>>
File: 35041715_p53.png (317KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
35041715_p53.png
317KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>381870597
OK BUT HOW DOES SHE WORK FOR DARK MIND IF SHE ISN'T FROM THE MIRROR WORLD
>>
File: 1494982105204.jpg (316KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1494982105204.jpg
316KB, 800x532px
>>381870547
Which is amazing considering how incredibly terrible the start was and that even Kirby threads are starting to succumb to /v/ mentality. Glad to see love came through.
>>
>>381870591
Well susie was stuck there for years remember? maybe you have to be there for years before a cosmic clone is born.
>>
File: smile.png (766B, 30x28px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
766B, 30x28px
>>381870387
And it only took you almost 3 hours to find it. Wouldn't it have been easier to reach it and take a screencap yourself.
>>
>>381870603
Not him but it's a silly battle anyway. Pitting invincible powerup vs really powerful damage powerup.
A better one would be Mega Mushroom vs hypernova, super star would be better matched with the invincible lollipop
>>
Quick, someone post the screencap of the anime with all the Waddle Dees holding up a picture of Dedede with a shit-eating grin and a thumbs up. I forgot to save it last time I saw it.
>>
File: 1492658675141.png (1MB, 1130x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1492658675141.png
1MB, 1130x1800px
>>381870621
SHIT I DON'T KNOW
DARK MIND'S FUCKING EVERYWHERE MAN
>>
>>381870513
They can't hurt each other.

>>381870603
Then it's wrong, or Kirby's definition of a black hole isn't the same as Mario's. It clearly does not have the suction power of a black hole. I don't think we should be using power-ups though.
>>
File: 1424413150176.jpg (210KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1424413150176.jpg
210KB, 1280x960px
>>381870726
hey
>>
>>381870727
THE REVERSE VAMPIRES IN CONJUGATION WITH "THE SAUCER PEOPLE" work together to eliminate the meal of dinner.
>>
>>381870657
dude this is my first post in the thread
for plebs: just do a no damage run in boss butch and hold L, R and X when the boss dies
>>
>>381870526
I love her color scheme. Do you have any more before the thread archives?
>>
File: 1490807413669.png (152KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490807413669.png
152KB, 500x500px
>>381870791
Cheers, anon.
>>
File: SMG_Ghostly_Hauntedhouse.png (3MB, 2560x1170px) Image search: [Google]
SMG_Ghostly_Hauntedhouse.png
3MB, 2560x1170px
>>381870789
>Then it's wrong, or Kirby's definition of a black hole isn't the same as Mario's.
Yes it does, have you played Galaxy? Black holes don't suck up all light and everything around it. They sit right next to planets. They're still lethal to Mario, and Kirby can suck up literally anything with Hypernova.
>>
>>381870310
He never cried for her. He smiled and dropped Dedede down to help destroy her, and he did it with a smile.
>>
File: 1492820681530.png (43KB, 441x294px) Image search: [Google]
1492820681530.png
43KB, 441x294px
>>381870806
>unsatisfied with evil mirrors, Taranza descends to the bowels of the Earth to find more powerful artifacts to fuck with
FUND IT
>>
>>381870657
Dude, that's not even me. I was too busy playing Kirby. Quit making assumptions about other people.
>>
File: 60674386_p12.jpg (68KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
60674386_p12.jpg
68KB, 638x358px
>>381870638
We should try to liven up this place at best as we could. It's the least we could do.
>>
>>381870789
rainbow flashing invincible fun for all
Mario would be friends with Kirby
>>
>>381870885
Notice how there are no gusts of wind, and how easily it sucks in anything immediately close? It's not a realistic black hole either, but it's more dangerous and powerful than a Kirby black hole apparently is.
>>
File: really gets those kirbs going.png (77KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
really gets those kirbs going.png
77KB, 640x472px
>>381870650
That actually makes a lot of sense

>Staying too much in there can create a cosmic clone

Fuck, If that's true, we could see a Parallel Magolor and maybe even a Parallel Marx

That still doesn't explain what's her connection with Dark Mind. Maybe they have mirrors or some other way of getting to the mirror world in her parallel universe?

I hope we still get to see Mirror Susie, Parallel Susie is a literal pallete swap
>>
File: 1497421676395.jpg (2MB, 1850x2280px) Image search: [Google]
1497421676395.jpg
2MB, 1850x2280px
>>381870817
no sorry.
>>381870920
yes
>>
File: 57319873_p5.jpg (113KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
57319873_p5.jpg
113KB, 600x479px
>>
File: Javelin Knight.png (29KB, 166x138px) Image search: [Google]
Javelin Knight.png
29KB, 166x138px
>>381871094
Javelin Knight is red reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>381870942
That's exactly what you did.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>381871137
Yes he is. But why is Mace Knight blue now? He was purple in SS.
>>
File: 1456803900861.jpg (42KB, 390x208px) Image search: [Google]
1456803900861.jpg
42KB, 390x208px
>>381871225
Blue > Purple

HAL has good taste
>>
File: hypernova final.png (2MB, 1201x673px) Image search: [Google]
hypernova final.png
2MB, 1201x673px
>>381871039
I think you're judging the power of Hypernova entirely off that one gif, he has no trouble sucking up anything else in the game. It took longer because he had to uproot the tree from the ground first. In the final battle for example, he just eats the world destroying boss's death beam with little effort.
>>
File: 63267013_p18.png (390KB, 746x735px) Image search: [Google]
63267013_p18.png
390KB, 746x735px
>>381870817
Can't find anymore art of that specific palette, but have another Susie.
>>
File: 1466471384420.jpg (62KB, 654x561px) Image search: [Google]
1466471384420.jpg
62KB, 654x561px
>>381871225
>>381871286
it makes him look like metal sonic
>>
>>381871349
Fuck you. Can't unsee.
>>
>>381871286
I dunno, he just looks weird to me. Plus it sort of clashes with the team color dynamic, Meta Knight's already mostly blue.

>>381871349
See, now that's much better.
>>
>>381871225
These guys really need to appear more
>>
>>381871347
c-cute.
>>
This thread was pretty fantastic, thank you anons. You guys are really the best.
>>
>>381871347
very high quality susie
>>
>play the ds games, wii games, and the 3ds games
>love them
>get dream collection since i skipped the old ones
>kirby 64 is now my favorite
What's wrong with me?
>>
>>381871390
Someone draw mace knight as metal sonic.
>>
>>381871347
What a couple of heartless bitches.
>>
>>381871313
It's true that he does, but that isn't a rebuttal either.
>It took longer because he had to uproot the tree from the ground first.
Proving my point.
>>
>>381871484
It's really fun despite the slow pace. Lots of people have it as their favorite, and with all the power combinations who can blame them?
>>
>>381871521
They'd laugh at you, sitting there.
>>
>>381871460
Oh my god, shut the fuck up already you insufferable cunt, we heard you the first 10 times you spineless, attention starved pussy.
>>
>>381871313
>>381871550
shh
both of you have no definitive way of knowing what would happen because they'll never fight
mario is a nice guy
kirby is a nice orb
>>
>>381871349
>>381871390
hey remember that game when mace knight fused with kabula and became a giant dragon
>>
>>381871437
>>381871472
>>381871521
Was gonna post some more humanized art that I've haven't had the chance to post, but alas, the image post has reached it's limit. Maybe til the next Kirby thread.
>>
>>381871550
Well it doesn't matter anyway because Kirby has infinite power as of Planet Robobot.
These arguments are gonna get more and more ridiculous with how OP they're making Kirby
>>
>>381871460
you too anon, see you another day
>>
>>381871673
>not fusing with the halberd

ya blew it.
>>
>>381871630
Don't get moody buddy, just ignore it.
>>
Fuck me, I still really want to talk about Kirby. But I should sleep.
>>
>>381871810
go to bed.
>>
>>381871810
shh
dream about kirby
>>
>>381871686
And even then Mario could just step on Kirby to defeat him.
>>
>>381871810
Hit the hay. Sleep is way more important than some thread.
>>
>>381871882
if mario stepped on the ground, would he defeat it
>>
>>381871882
step on this *grabs dick*
>>
>>381871882
Kirby is too squishy for that to work. Needs to be hit by at least a few fireballs first.
>>
>>381871791
Oh sorry I forgot this was your safe space thread.
Kirby threads are always so fucking bad.
>>
>>381871810
goodnight anon
>>
>>381871929
He does every day

>>381871984
No, Kirby games have obstacles smaller than Mario that can crush him to death.
>>
>>381872003
found the borb.
>>
>>381871984
Kirby has block and spot dodging. I'm amazed that these guys are still arguing over who is more powerful, and it's getting nowhere.
>>
>>381872003
Why are you here then
>>
>>381871349
his face looks like an ass
>>381872057
Kirby isn't a goomba anon, he can survive more than one crushing by an enemy
>>381872085
was just a joke anon
>>
>>381872085
I'm not the only anon in this argument. Someone else took over for me.
>>
>>381872003
Shame. Hope you find another thread to your liking then.
>>
>>381872060
lol epic from that comic, right? ive been posting this for years but its still not old!

>>381872086
>>381872156
The games are good. I enjoy hating its insufferable /v/irgin fans. You like my posts. Win-win.
>>
>>381872149
Not if it crushes him. If it falls on him, fine, but he can be crushed. Mario is very big compared to Kirby.
>>
>>381872085
Neither are "more" powerful. They excel in different areas and have cartoon-character tier bodies.
>>
>>381872178
Cool, just try to survive then.
>>
>>381872232
Kirby just gets flattened like a looney toons character. He lives and just loses health. It depends on if the thing crushing him was an animate thing or not.
>>
>>381827371
Power mixing was the best thing they've ever done and I really hope they fucking bring it back.
>>
>>381872308
They brought it back in Kirby Switch. Even has the curling stone from 64
>>
>>381872232
Both of them can be killed by the other, neither are invincible. You can scrape straws all day about this but they're just two really powerful cartoon character-like things that can do all manner of different things. There is no definitive outcome where one wins or loses.
>>
>>381872287
That's not how it works, that's only if it's a quick smack from the background. Being crushed by an ordinary obstacle causes him to lose a life regardless of health.
>>
>>381872308
>>381872356
I'll be ecstatic as fuck if they bring back the double laser sword and refrigerator combo back.
>>
>>381872429
Sorry, Kirby is too small to do Mario any harm.
>>
>>381872451
Play the more recent games anon, he can be flattened and live.
And Mario is an enemy, so there's no reason he would act like a stone block.
>>
>>381872356
Oh shit they did?
I'll have to put some money aside for this, thanks anon
>>
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, is that the name you should know?
Thread posts: 603
Thread images: 251

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.