[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is L4D2 such a good game? It's Valve's masterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: l4d.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
l4d.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
Why is L4D2 such a good game? It's Valve's masterpiece
>>
i mean its a good game but its no half life 2, probably second best imo
>>
>>381824464
First game was better
>>
>the AAA console game board likes an AAA console game

I am shocked
>>
>>381824690
but the second game made it even better
>>
File: HardRain.jpg (177KB, 800x1021px) Image search: [Google]
HardRain.jpg
177KB, 800x1021px
best campaign?
>>
>>381824805

Nice bait, brother! Le epic troll XD
>>
>>381824464
The only thing I did in left4dead was host servers and go in spectator and start spawning Monsters and acting like I was the director.
I made some pretty good storylines with that. I had a blackhole that sucked people into it and created dark versions of themselves that then proceeded to hunt down and kill the other survivors.
I had all kinds of shit like that.

Had a couple of boss battles too. Made a fire hunter that created trails of fire every time he jumped and tried to slowly enclose the survivors in.
>>
>>381824973
Expert difficulty, last man on earth mutation, shotgun only, final destination
>>
>>381824973

Dark Carnival, hands down

>That awesome intro in the sea of abandoned cars, followed by the seedy motel and run to the park
>interesting levels based around common theme park scenes like the tunnel of love, giant fun slide, merry-go-rounds
>That rollercoaster horde event and the tension of being knocked off the edges by a smoker, charger, or jockey
>that awesome finale where you slay zombies on-stage or in the bleachers of s rock concert
>>
>>381825202
>there will never be a game mode where you play as the director
Would be the perfect successor to Zombie Master
>>
>>381825358
SO KEEP ROLLING

IT'S ALRIGHT

KEEP RIDIN'

IT'S THE MIDNIGHT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE
>>
Both l4d games are so good. The enemies are all designed perfectly to fit the mechanics of the game, having the special infected incapacitate players in different ways that force their teammates to help them facilitated better co-op gameplay than almost any other game I can think of.

Versus mode was incredible. Having one guy confuse as many survivors as possible by vomiting on them, then coordinating Hunter/smoker/charger/jockey pins and watching as the only survivors left standing struggled to help their teammates though the thick of the vomit and zombie horde was a feeling unmatched by other competitive games.

I want an l4d3
>>
>>381825480
considering this game STILL gets updates at all and even one recently, that's definitely not too much to ask.

Or gaben can get off his fat asshole and make HL3
>>
>>381824690
i kind of agree with the multiplayer
>>
I want to fuck Zoey.
>>
>>381825778

Versus mode was way better in 2. The addition of the spitter, jockey, and charger let the infected team punish survivors who could easily survive in the first game by just huddling in a corner and spamming the shoot/melee button.

Once l4d2 got all the original campaigns added, it became the definitive left 4 dead
>>
L4D1 had a much better cast and much better levels
>>
>>381824464
Absolute masterpiece back in the day but good luck getting into a good versus match these days. The only people who play are either returning players checking to see if the game is still alive and hyper autists who never left and will votekick you for not knowing every play in the meta.

I wish they would make a L4D3 to revitalize (bring in more shitters) the online community
>>
File: 2013-09-17_00004.jpg (290KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-17_00004.jpg
290KB, 1366x768px
Tons of awesome custom campaigns. There's one where u play at Disneyland, and it actually feels like you're there. U go on a few rides as well.
>>
>>381826219
this game is more fun to mod than skyrim
>>
>>381824464
Realism vs was some of the best fun I've ever had in a multiplayer game. I hated how valve nerfed the spitter acid though.
>>
>>381824464
l4d2 is what l4d1 should've been. the boycott movement was right about this game. i still did enjoy it but i feel like a tard buying the first and second for full price

also l4d1 had better characters and atmosphere than l4d2. l4d2 only truly become good when they added all the l4d1 content for free because of the huge backlash against them
>>
>>381824464
it's not. it's a horrible unfinished bug-filled game with streamlined casual gamer bullshit.
>>
>>381824690
>>381824860
>>381827720
if they had included the spitter and charger in l4d1 it would have fixed a lot of problems with rushing and camping.

but greedy valve decided to charge $50 for a buggy incomplete mess.
>>
File: 1498186900611.jpg (190KB, 792x828px) Image search: [Google]
1498186900611.jpg
190KB, 792x828px
>>381827720
>stuck stubbornly to boycott past the point it was even relevant, until steam had that day where they gave L4D2 away for free

Motherfuckers lack conviction
>>
>>381828001
yes it mostly comes to this. it's a multiplayer oriented game yet l4d1 the survivors could just camp in a small room with shotguns and BTFO of anyone
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.