[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an RPG where there is no overbearing URTHECHOSENONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1439489203135.png (199KB, 413x374px) Image search: [Google]
1439489203135.png
199KB, 413x374px
Is there an RPG where there is no overbearing URTHECHOSENONE or OSHITSAVETHEWORLD? Just you your sword/bow/stave and a land to explore.

I realise if you ignore the main quest you can just do that in most of the mainstream RPG's but I'm curious if there was any released where the dev didn't write in a world ending doom and just let you play in a world that didn't need saving.

What say thee?
>>
what about dungeon crawlers like grimrock OP?

you're in a big ass dungeon, get out, end of plot
>>
>>381823707
Daggerfall is kind of like that. It's about the power struggle between 3 kingdoms and some other minor factions. You're a nameless friend of the emperor.
>>
>>381824082
I thought that at first, then I remembered the King of Worms and the reality warping golem
>>
>>381824332
The Numidium isn't a world ending thing though. It's just that whoever has it is going to be the most powerful nation around.
>>
>>381823954
Got them both during a GOG sale, played the first a little and halfway through the second one. You're right in that it's about you and your story of survival, it's a bit lacking though, I genuinely did like the second but the "fun" just fizzled out and I got tired of it. Probably more about me than the game.
>>
>>381823707
There are elder scrolls mod to turn off/skip /delete all references to the main quest.
>>
>Baldur's Gate 2
>Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode
>most roguelikes
>some dungeon crawlers
>>
>>381823707
vanilla wow
>>
>>381823707
Modded Skyrim.
>>
>>381824564
Kirkbride disagrees, the big stompy robot just hasn't realized the scope of what it can stomp with its big stompy feet yet
>>
>>381823707
starsector
mount and blade: warband.
>>
>>381824710
>>381825219
my combined Morrowind/Oblivon/Skyrim mod folder is sitting at around 80GB, I've played the shit out them. Good suggestions but I'm tired of them at the moment.

>>381824742
BG2 I shall take another look at, I've never given the series much of a chance, don't know why.

>>381824894
Played the shit out of it, Feenix, Kronos, Elysium. I think I've played more on private servers than I have on retail at this point.
>>
>>381823707
Mass Effect 1
>>
>>381825998
>YOU ARE NOT SAREN
>>
>>381823707
Play The Bard's Tale and you are gonna love the URTHECHOSENONE and OSHITSAVETHEWORLD bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7rAnaKId3E
The game is an overall irony of all tropes of classic RPGs, i just love it.
Also the MC will only agreed because the princess threatened him in a very sick way.

Also, the neutral ending is the best neutral ending ever.
You just leave them where they are and hang out with skeleton buddies at the bar.
>>
Gothic is literally that
>>
sounds like Warband to me OP
>>
If you want to be someone worthless and unimportant just look in the mirror
>>
File: tno.jpg (8KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
tno.jpg
8KB, 200x187px
>>381823707
Planescape Torment, literally all you do in that game is find yourself and write in your journal
>>
tibia
>>
>>381823707
Project Zomboid.

Here are my arguments for it being an RPG.
1. Skills that can be developed.
2. Loot and progress.
3. Axe, or baseball bat, or pistol instead of sword/bow/stave as well as the area around Louisville Kentucky to explore.

Here are my arguments that it matches what you want.

1. There is no cure.
2. There isn't any people left either. Just you and the THOUSANDS of zombies.
3. All there is to do is survive. How you choose to survive is up to you. You can depopulate the entire world of zombies or you can live in the woods, becoming a true Robinson Crusoe. Or you can just claim a homestead and defend until you die.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.