[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dont Nintendo do press conferences anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
Why dont Nintendo do press conferences anymore?
>>
Why would they? They cost millions of dollars and run the risks of mistakes and making you look bad
>>
>>381822918
This and they were always shit at them. Even their "legendary" ones.
>>
They can't afford it and they don't have much to show anyway

Makes more sense for them to spend longer time showing off select games
>>
>>381822126
For what ?
>>
>>381822126
I would rather watch a crisp 25 minute video that gets right to the point than watch some bumbling fool read from a teleprompter for an hour and tell me about sales charts and how this console will casualize the market.
>>
>>381823024
>They can't afford it
Lol
>>
After that awful Nintendoland presentation, I'm happy they switched to directs.
>>
>>381822126
because they dont care about you, they dont care about the game industry, they dont care about doing a nice celebration with fans, they dont care about anything except selling cheap plastic junk at big profits
>>
File: 65436546543.gif (3MB, 349x248px) Image search: [Google]
65436546543.gif
3MB, 349x248px
do you member when nintendo had full e3 presentations? I member
>>
They announce shit throughout the year, when they're ready

Nintendo Directs are regularly stickied
>>
>>381823349
lmao
>>
>>381823349
You say that like it's a bad thing or any different than any other company.
>>
>>381822126
Because E3 press conferences are usually awful?
>>
Why would they do press conferences when they could talk directly to their customers via the internet?

This has actually been a growing trend in every industry, and the journos fucking hate it because it puts them out of a job and circumvents them trying to be the gatekeepers.
>>
>>381823349
Lol
>>
That 25 mins was dope.

The Pokemon switch announcement and metroid 4 Prime back to back made me lose my shit
>>
Reggie looks like the fupa Lord there
>>
>>381824093
I feel like actually journos would actually serve value for consumers as a middleman, since they would be more objective and less marketing oriented than the company itself. But let's face it, games media, IGN, and all them are just marketing companies publishers outsource too.
>>
Why spend money on a fluffy meme event where people show movies when they can just make short, sweet, to-the-point presentations themselves?
>>
>>381823350
>member
>>
>>381824509
in a perfect world, yes, but the media of every industry is just biased marketers these days
>>
File: 1276622420717.png (558KB, 840x511px) Image search: [Google]
1276622420717.png
558KB, 840x511px
This one went perfectly, except when you had some fagets sabotage Miyamoto's demo by purposefully interfering with the Wiimote's IR sensor.

>Hurr all the games are shit.
If that's the case Sony lost every E3 ever.

But in all seriousness, the reason why they don't do conferences is because the conference also is about doing little demos. Which the Threehouse does.
>>
1. Presentation sucks. They always sucked and only good to look back and make fun of how bad they are
2. They have Directs every few months so to them one giant showing is meaningless
3. Treehouse Stream is really the big focus which focus more time with each game and showing it off. So instead of 1-2 minute of cut scene that tells you nothing about the game they instead show 30 minutes of just the game.
>>
>>381825868
sony just tries to win E3 and doesn't deliver anything till a year and a half later at least
>>
>>381823786
It isn't but an unhealthy number of Nintendo fans think otherwise.
>>
>>381823024
Plus, they know that everyone will watch their Nintendo Direct streams anyway, so they can do it on their own terms instead of doing it live.
>>
E3, as a convention, is also for investors and business people right? Presenters have to split the difference between appealing to investors and appealing to the consumer base. Maybe Nintendo is trying to keep their content for customers and content for corporate separate.
I think their most recent corporate/core audience presentation was this, and it was bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntzz8O7SpWs
>>
>>381825868
>Other M
>Won E3.
Oh how ignorant we were.
>>
Let's be honest, what they've been doing has beat the shit out of E3 every time so far.
>>
>>381826947
>People are saying Nintendo won because of just the Prime 4 logo
Think time will repeat itself?
>>
>>381827457
Considering the overwhelmingly negative reception to Other M and what we've seen of the Metroid 2 remake so far, I'd say Nintendo has learned its lesson, though they may be loath to admit it.
>>
>>381827851
Just to remind you Star Fox Zero came out a little over a year ago.
>>
>>381827234
Are you joking. Nintendo's E3 direct for the past 3 years have been jokes. That one during the game drought where they were trying to shoot the Wii U outback was embarrassing. This is the first one in years that's been decent because they actually had games.
>>
>>381822126
Nintendo Directs are better than press conferences in almost every way
>>
>>381822126

Because it's be 5 minutes long.
>>
>>381827974
Should be fine as long as Miyamoto's involvement is minimal.
>>
File: WPukteWS.jpg (55KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
WPukteWS.jpg
55KB, 431x431px
>>381823350
Nintendo conferences was so fun... They had cringe, great games and good music and every year tons of memes were generated after their presentation.
>>
They gave Iwata cancer and don't want to risk anybody again.
>>
>>381822918
They probably see just how much a shitshow press conferences have been the past decade and stopped doing it entirely. They also probably want to avoid another Wii Music incident because when Nintendo fucks up it becomes a major focus compared to when EA or Ubisoft do it.
>>
>>381828198
They should make Miyamoto their next target, fuck that slant eyes gook. Motherfucker killed Paper Mario so I want him to suffer.
>>
>>381822126
because nintendo isn't a western developer
>>
>>381828003
>That one during the game drought where they were trying to shoot the Wii U outback was embarrassing
How so?
>>
>>381828337
That's because EA and Ubisoft make the kinds of games people want (bad).
>>
>>381828171
I feel it's less about him tainting it so much as it is about the gamepad gimmicks shoehorned into the game. He probably thought they were fine because he's played it at least 200 hours but for the average guy they just don't mesh well at all with how the action happens on screen.
>>
>>381828690
Gamepad gimmicks were only one thing wrong with that game.
>>
>>381828690
Personally, I was okay with it. The control scheme made for some fucking weird moments regarding the camera, but I got through it fine and had fun along the way.

My big gripe is that it's the SF64 story again. That alone didn't make me want to play it again after finishing it.
>>
>>381822126
Because mainstream gaming media is out to get them and make them adopt their social policies. Sad!
>>
>Expensive
>No data-driven evidence that suggests it increases sales
>Limits your audience to a single language
>Expensive
>The people who get the most out of it are a few dozen people out of the crowd of maybe a hundred present.
>>
>>381826947
Still better than what Sony/MS showed off
>>
>>381828003
>Nintendo's E3 direct for the past 3 years have been jokes
Yeah, showing hours of actual GAMEPLAY is way inferior to bullshots, WATCH OUT FOR HAVOK and movies.
>>
>>381828690
I'm less turned off by the gamepad integration and more by how it's basically SF64 but significantly more simple and with less content.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.