[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got this game. Any tips to help me git gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: ftl.jpg (6KB, 330x189px) Image search: [Google]
ftl.jpg
6KB, 330x189px
Just got this game. Any tips to help me git gud?
>>
Yeah drain your med bay or whatever when you're not using it, and uh, get that burst laser 2. The game gets old a bit quick. You'll discover how flowcharty it all feels. How reliant on RNG it is. It's in the Darkest Dungeon camp, not the Spelunky camp when it comes to how much of the game boils down to player skill and fun.
>>
>>381822637
it's actually far more skill than RNG, good players on twitch have like 85% win rate on hard mode
>>
>>381822637
Is having everyone run into a room and then opening all airlocks a valid strategy for fighting boarders?
>>
upgrade doors asap
>>
>>381822637
>spelunky
>fun
>>
>>381823054
It works and is pretty valid if you have nothing else going on.
>>
>>381823054

It's been a while since I played FTL so I don't know if things have changed but no, you don't want to run into a room. You want to run into a very specific room: the med bay. Let it heal you while the enemies die of oxygen deprivation.
>>
Here's an easy way tell if your game is winnable or not:

>Step 1: do you find Burst Laser MKII and/or Flak I?
>if yes, you win
>if not, you lose

very simple.
>>
>>381823054
contain them with the max doors, then take away the rooms h2o via external doors. maybe rotate ur guys to the room til they half health
>>
>>381822978
>85% win rate
that is disastrously low
>>
File: 1495114541512.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495114541512.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>381821774
Explore the fuck out of every sector to maximize salvage how close the fleet is to you won't carry to the next sector..

Always keep some salvage for buying good weapons from stores.

Focus on weapons that do more for the energy they cost. 1 shot for 1 energy is shit. burst laser and shrapnel deal multiple shots for less energy. Multiple shots dealing 1 will carry you farther than weapons that deal big chinks of damage.

Beam weapons are useless if you can't punch through their shield. But if you do make sure to take advantage of tageting rooms WITHOUT stuff in them for bonus damage.

Shoot the shit out of the same room to wreck the crew repairing it. Don't spread your damage around too much.

Teleports are the key to wrecking and taking ships undamaged for bonus weapons and salvage. Rockmen and mantis are best easily available crew for invading.

Invest in doors and you can suffocate invaders.
>>
File: 1487069658001.jpg (61KB, 714x456px) Image search: [Google]
1487069658001.jpg
61KB, 714x456px
who mantis here
>>
File: crew teleporter installed.gif (2MB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
crew teleporter installed.gif
2MB, 240x192px
>>381825307
>>
Is the base Kestrel ship the best in the game?
>>
>>381824225
Outside of only having fun if you win or if you lose there are more fun ways of playing the game than that
>>
>>381826386
nope.

Crystal 1 and the red kestrel i believe.
>>
What should I focus on upgrading? Pilot?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.