[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARMS Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ARMS.jpg (736KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ARMS.jpg
736KB, 2000x1000px
How's everyone enjoying Nintendo's premiere eSports title?
>>
Squid kids look like THAT?
>>
>>381818736
I like it. Probably gonna go play it now. Thanks, OP.
>>
I dont know what to do with it. I dont have any friends
>>
Don't want to sound bitter (but I am a little) but online is almost completely Ribbon Girl, Min, Min, Twintelle, and Ninjara. Makes fights boring, especially when they all use the same weapons.

Boomerangs and ice weapons in particular are my bane. Why do I gotta be so bad at this game?
>>
>>381819562
Play online of course
>>
There's already a group of people making tournament rules for this shit.
>>
>>381819991

Ban everything
>>
>>381819576
Whats worse is that ribbon girl can still jump after she punches in the air along with the punches being fast which is making her above the other guys
>>
I'm playing Ever Oasis right now. I'll be getting back into Arms once I'm finished.
>>
I like the game, but I do hate the targeting system when switching, it fucks me over in free for all with multiple targets
>>
>>381819576
Much to my dismay, grabs are basically the win button in ARMS. I'm one of those Twintelle mains online and I'm almost certain everyone just like staring at her ass. If you want to win, you pick the fast characters and spam grab
>>
Im already tired of grabbing
and I am just fed up with having to avoid character's rushes every game
>>
>>381820428
It's definitely not a good team game. Fuck whoever thought 1v1v1 was a good idea. I realize it's a thing in Party mode for a reason, but the way ARMS plays makes sitting back and counting on everyone else to beat each other up so you can deal the finishing blow feel so boring and tedious as opposed to doing essentially the same thing in Smash Bros if you like fun
>>
>>381819991
Where? I genuinely want to know how the competitive scene will approach this game. The fact that you can play the Kid Cobra stage in Ranked pisses me off so much thanks to that fucking Beyblade basically guaranteeing whoever gets on it will win
>>
>>381820668

Eh, I fought a grab-happy Ninjara. He was an easy one to beat (I was using Spring Man after suffering a dozen losses as Master Mummy/Byte & Barq).

The real toughies are the ones who dole out their punches in a measured, even flow, with elements stacked on top. Ice is VERY difficult to deal with, since you're practically immobile. Often opponents go for the grab when you're frozen.

Fire Boomerangs on Min Min was a particularly memorable defeat, as it felt like no matter what I did I'd get knocked down as soon as I got up.

NOBODY plays Helix. His weird dodging and delayed jumps make him too much of a liability. Plus his weird starting arms.
>>
>>381821171
https://smash.gg/tournament/2ggc-arms-saga/shop/2ggift-shop-13
I haven't been able to find the rule set beyond them saying they are using a default ARMS rule set.
>>
>>381823552
ARMS

Default Setting
Default ARMS Only
Tournament matches are first to 2. Top 8 is first to 3.
Items: Off
Double elimination bracket (Must lose 2 different sets to be eliminated)
You must bring your own controller
Allowed controllers: Single Joy Con, Double Joy Con (Grip or Motion), Switch Pro Controller, Pokken Controller.

Start Stage:

Ramen Bowl
Sky Arena
Buster Beach
Mausoleum
Spring Stadium

Counterpick:

Ribbon Ring
DNA Lab

Set Procedure

Players select their characters. Either player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection
Use Starter Stage Striking to determine the first stage
The players play the first game of the set
Winning player of the preceding game strikes a stage (when applicable).The losing player of the preceding game picks a stage for the next game
The winning player of the preceding game may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding game may choose to change characters.
The next game is played.
Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent games until the set is complete.

Stage Striking

Players play a best-of-1 Rock-Paper-Scissors, and winner may choose to either strike a stage first or select a port first. Stages are stuck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
>>
>>381823552
It's a shame they're not letting people mix their ARMS. It's not like Smash 4 where you could do seriously broken shit given the right combination of custom moves
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.