[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 545112120101.png (511KB, 499x446px) Image search: [Google]
545112120101.png
511KB, 499x446px
This is honestly the most NOT talked Metroid game on here or anywhere for that matter. I've seen more discussion/topics on Metroid Pinball for god sake.

So yeah, is it any good?
>>
It's more a multiplayer game and pretty sure you won't find many people on custom servers.
Singleplayer is okay, even though there are no traditional Metroid bosses and there are only three bosses.
>>
It's not talked about simply because it's neither that good nor that bad. It's basically Metroid Prime Lite with some fun boss and multiplayer segments, but otherwise nothing special.

I didn't like its aiming system. Maybe because a Prime game simply can't work on such a small screen.
>>
Multiplayer is great but dead

Singleplayer is eh
>>
>>381818460

its main draw was its fantastic multiplayer, but it's likely dead now and those that still play are more than likely hackers who will suck the fun out of any match.

single player was meh. not worth getting just for that alone imo.
>>
Online is kill for all DS/Wii games, don't know if it got some mod or something like the Wii games did. Shame as it was fun. You could tell that was the main attraction of the whole thing.
>>
Controls ruined it.

No matter how much the most hardcore metroidfag will try to mental gymnastics their way to defending this game, the controls are abysmal and ruined this game from being relevant.

It had some potential, but the controls just ruined it entirely, no debate or discussion further needed.

Anyone know if some faggots have made a mod/hack of it so it's playable with a mouse and keyboard without it being complete finicky trash?
>>
File: But that's wrong.jpg (201KB, 541x458px) Image search: [Google]
But that's wrong.jpg
201KB, 541x458px
>>381819769
>but the controls just ruined it entirely, no debate or discussion further needed.
There is no problem with the controls, stop acting like your opinion is the only one in existence you pleb
>>
>>381819769
the controls were pretty excellent and precise actually, you just sound like casual trash
>>
>>381818460
This game gave me carpal tunnel playing on the first gen ds, but it's not bad.
>>
>>381821203
Even emulating it, it's still no improvement.
>>
>>381818460
Great memories of the local multiplayer
I bought it second-hand for 10€ and it had a complete save so I didn't have to play it to have all the characters
>>
>>381818460
It's basically a downscaled and simplified Metroid Prime, mechanically.
Single player isn't very long and there's very few real bosses.
>>
>>381818460
i want to FUCK noxus
>>
>>381818460
>Is it worth getting?
For multiplayer? It is definitely fun. This game was really fun to play multiplayer. The problem is that NWFC no longer exists so you will either have to mod the game to play online or you will have to deal with local multiplayer. A big issue was that NWFC turned to shit in the end as well because hackers would cheat like fuckers in this game but if you can find people who want to play fairly, it's pretty good.

As a single player game? Don't fucking bother. It's super boring and bland. Trust me when I say that even playing against all CPUs on local multiplayer is better than the single player mode.
>>
>>381819658
There are some mods but they require a flash card because the servers the game connects to are detailed in the rom itself.

No idea why Nintendo didn't change the servers for VC releases on Wii U.
>>
>>381818460
The areas are small, there's only 4 non-hunter bosses and two of them are the final boss, there's no powerups other than missile/ammo/energy expansions and different beam weapons that have very little utility besides destroying their designated forcefields/opening their designated doors.
Plus there aren't enough energy tanks to make a full line underneath the energy meter.

The multiplayer was pretty good though and you can still play against bots even if the online is ded (Multi card play -> fill with bots)
>>
>>381818460
>there are no traditional Metroid bosses and there are only three bosses
>only three bosses
I had forgotten how bland this game was. Having new non-traditional bosses is fine but the fact that it was pure cut and paste was fucking stupid. If I remember, it was a fight against a dildo stick and a floating ball. Only the last boss had a sort of variation.

God this game was a disappointment after MF, MZM and the wait it took to get MPH.
>>
Comparing this to metroid fed force, would they be in the Same league of mediocrity?
>>
>>381823279
No
Hunters was a genuinely fun multiplayer fps with a prime lite campaign added to it
Fed force is a boring football game with a single player that manages to look worse and play worse than what hunters did
>>
>>381823279
No, by far
>>
>>381818460
Online was pretty great, but that might very well be my middle school nostalgia talking. Single player was lame, but serviceable.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.