[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why can't they make good gameplay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 29

File: cdpr-default.jpg (37KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
cdpr-default.jpg
37KB, 800x400px
why can't they make good gameplay?
>>
Witcher 1 had good gameplay tho.
>>
>>381779623
They can, but they won't because they want the game to sell good therefore the gameplay has to be easy and shallow
>>
>>381779682
agreed but I wanna bash witcher 3
>>
File: 1487112098991.jpg (74KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487112098991.jpg
74KB, 460x500px
>>
>>381779623
I'd rather they make what the vast majority consider a shitty gameplay - like the infinity engine games.

I'm really not feeling these direct combat control RPGs
>>
>>381779623
Dunno but it's a real shame, because the absolutely abysmal combat of TW3 completely ruined what could have been one of the GOAT RPGs.
>>
File: 1920x1080_Art.jpg (859KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1920x1080_Art.jpg
859KB, 1920x1080px
/v/ will change their tune when the best game ever finally comes out
>>
>>381780542
this is one of the few games I'm actually looking forward to, but I'm afraid that they'll fuck ot up or something
>>
>>381780542
Do we know anything about the gameplay yet?
>>
>>381780783
not one bit

could be anything
>>
>>381780783
we don't know anything at all yet
>>
>>381780542
OP here I'm fucking hype (then again I was hype for bitcher 3 and that turned out shit)

hopefully they make it turn based
>>
>>381780132
Like all those other RPG's with good gameplay
>>
>>381781084
>they make it turn based
play shadowrun because there is 0.00% chance CDPR would do that. they're a huge company now, they can't afford to make a big budget turn based game after TW3, the public would view it as a step back and their sales would take a hit
>>
>>381781226
they should make it a turn based MMO
>>
>>381779623
I've only attempted to play Witcher III and I had to put it down after four hours. I wasn't interested in the story, and the combat wasn't very interesting. It was also one of those games where you can play it with the minimap alone and it was filled with so much foliage that the lighting effects with all the plants would constantly make the screen look really busy; it was harsh on the eyes. It looked more realistic, but I want things to be easy to see and distinguish when I play games. Halo CE is a good example of balance when it comes to environment and being able to see clearly.
>>
>>381781226
too bad shadowrun has awful game play and the story is even worse than that
>>
>>381781336
good taste
>>
>>381781382
bad taste
>>
>>381780542
You know the game is going to be filled with ham-fisted political commentary the moment you see the American flag
>>
>>381782382
It takes place in America. What do you want to see, the Austrian flag?
>>
>>381782553
>It takes place in America
I'm not saying that you're wrong, but do we actually know that?
>>
When has CDPR ever made a turn based game?
>>
>>381782553
I don't know, when non-American devs make games that take place in America there is always a spin.
>>
>>381782805
they made gwent u dummy
>>
>>381781084
lol turn based. what lil fgt cant gameplay. dont like a challenge lil faggor. lil penor succ u do lil faggor
>>
>>381782708
Cyberpunk 2020 takes place in a fictional city called Night City, which is in America.
Night City is the heart of the Cyberpunk setting. I believe they've even mentioned the city by name in some promotional material and early interviews, but that doesn't even matter because it's obvious it's going to be set there, even from the trailer.
>>
>>381782957
So Cyberpunk should be a digital card game too?
>>
>>381779623
Why can't FromSoft make an actual GotY?
>>
File: 1482677894417.jpg (34KB, 487x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482677894417.jpg
34KB, 487x500px
>>381779682
>Witcher 1 had good gameplay tho.

>Click
>icon lights up
>click
>Icon lights up
>Click

Am I being rused?
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 307x110px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 307x110px
W3 does have amazing gameplay...

IF you have an alchemy build. It's got a fair amount of tactics when you do, because you have to change your loadout and style depending on what you're facing, which also gives you a reason to always be in your menu, crafting things, reading beastiary entries, repairing stuff, changing your stats for different situations, exploring shit, etc. That's all gameplay, and there's tons of it.

Oh and gwent. Fucking gwent is a better card game than everything the 80s and 90s thought up put together.

Average melee/sign build playthrough: 20 hours

Average Alchemy playthrough: hundreds

t. 1 (ONE) ((A SINGLE)) PLAYTHROUGH

bunch of haters, this is the best RPG ever made
>>
>>381783035
given that gwent was the highlight of the witcher 3 experience then probably yes
>>
just started w3, about 3 or 4 hours in. love it so far, but it is kinda overrated.
>>
>>381783120
>navigating those shit ass console menus
>good

anon I'm sorry you wasted that much time but witcher 3 isn't even an RPG!
>>
>>381783175
hoping you're doing an alchemy build, otherwise you should turn off the game and start playing with colorful blocks and sticks.
>>
>>381783212
There's a small novel's worth of lore to read in those entries, literally every single beast you meet is there, and every single mission has a special version of that beast with it's own special story, it's a ton of content to look through.
>>
>>381782968
fuck I'm a retard, you're right
sometimes I forget that there's already the tabletop game
>>
>>381783321
not sure how that relates to what I said or in any way refers to gameplay but ok
>>
>>381783242

what a shit faggot
>>
>>381782957
Speaking of Gwent I wonder what the big minigame for Cyberpunk will be.
>>
>>381783445
The menu is part of the gameplay you know, especially in an RPG, but apparently it "isn't even an RPG" because why, doesn't have a character creator? Fuck off with your semantics.

The gameplay of Witcher 3 involves being a witcher, which involves doing your research before killing something, which is exactly how Geralt approaches his work. The entire game during an alchemy build sets up every fight like that, so it's all part of the gameplay. Some games don't even have "Gameplay" and the entire game is just a series of menus, so your definition of "gameplay" is too narrow anyway.

Being well read and prepared for your monster because you did your research and thought up a plan before you even found him is all GAMEPLAY emulating the life of Geralt. Better than both witcher games before, this game emulates what it means to be a witcher, and it's extremely immersive in that respect.

It's such a meme to hate on W3, it's actually really amazing
>>
>>381783615
stop playing now only the alchemy build is worth playing. Otherwise stop playing because you're an ultra-turbo-mega-pleb
>>
>>381783864
shut up you pretentious faggot

I already told you navigating those shit console menus quntifies as shit gameplay. just like the combat.

and it's not an RPG because you can't roleplay. no you don't roleplay as geralt, you just go along with 2 predefined grey choices here and there, that's not roleplaying
>>
>>381783956
so it's a shit game?
>>
>>381783120
>Oh and gwent. Fucking gwent is a better card game than everything the 80s and 90s thought up put together.

Nigga they just copied Condottierre.
>>
>>381784093
>shut up you pretentious faggot

says the guy getting his ball hairs in a pinch because his definition of "gameplay" is too narrow.

>
I already told you navigating those shit console menus quntifies as shit gameplay. just like the combat.

The menu can be modded you know but I wouldn't expect a retard like you to put effort into that, it's not even that big of a deal there are literally hotkeys for every single menu so you dont have to scroll at all if you have a brain, but clearly you don't.

>and it's not an RPG because you can't roleplay
yes you do
>you don't roleplay as geralt
of course not, you role play as a witcher, and it does this better than both previous games.

>you just go along with 2 predefined grey choices here and there

every step you take is role playing. Every mission, every conversational choice, every preparation for the next kill, it's all PLAYING the ROLE of a witcher. You're just a semantics faggot bitching semantics, nothing more nothing less.

>>381784198
gotta love plebs with their spin-to-win builds going on /v/ talking shit like they even know what it means to play the witcher 3 properly
>>
>>381784510
so then every game ever is an RPG, retard

witcher 3 is not an RPG
>>
>>381784616
What narrative choices do you make in Fifa? Or COD?

None, you ROLEPLAY as Geralt in TW, you don't roleplay in non-RPG games.
>>
>>381784616
>witcher 3 isn't an RPG because there isn't a decision every 5 minutes to massively change the game world

Nice logic there guy
>>
>>381784616
Look, semantics does not matter to me. If it makes you feel better to be wrong about literally everything in this thread if it means that you have a single semantics victory to pin on your wall, go for it. I mean you're totally wrong because your definition is too narrow and plenty of RPGs wouldn't fit the bill by your definition but are still considered RPGs by the masses because words are only representations of ideas that change over time depending on the population, but I'm getting too much into this considering it's just semantics bullshit on your part to avoid having to make any actual points.

It is most definitely an RPG. Just like Ocarina of Time, just like every other RPG with a protagonist. Having a protagonist does not make it some other genre, that's literally the quintessential semantics argument and nobody cares.
>>
>>381784885
>>381784887
>>381784902
lol there is more roleplaying in black ops2. everything you do in downgrade 3 is characteristic of geralt and thus you aren't roleplaying

and the gameplay, almost all of its facets too, is complete shit
>>
>>381785125
I don't see any arguments.

Perhaps they're hiding behind this vague shitpost that doesn't specify anything in particular?
>>
>>381785225
>this denial

witcher pleb absolutely btfo
>>
File: research.jpg (88KB, 502x791px) Image search: [Google]
research.jpg
88KB, 502x791px
>>381783864
>being a witcher, which involves doing your research before killing something, which is exactly how Geralt approaches his work.
>Being well read and prepared for your monster because you did your research and thought up a plan before you even found him is all GAMEPLAY emulating the life of Geralt.
pic related is the whole extent of what you are talking about.

this is the problem with witcherfags, they constantly try to make the game look like more than it actually is.
same way they pretend it has good quest design when it actually revolves entirely around following quest markers/batman vision.
do you it on purpose or are you really this deluded?
>>
>>381783120
>which also gives you a reason to always be in your menu
Because what everybody wants from a top tier graphics open world rpg is to be stuck in the menus. You might have point though, because lowering the master volume or changing resolution is far more engaging than the actual combat.
>>
>>381785353
legit stating to believe it's just a few poles running around rabidly defending the title for all it's worth. poles are incredibly fucking proud of anything their country produces. which isn't bad per se but it does produce delusion
>>
>>381782382
Sorry but CDPR is a polish studio and they don't force retarded agendas in their games like Americans.
>>
>>381785829
they lied about the witcher 3 downgrade up until release. they're also a big company which hires foreigners now. and cyberpunk's lead designer IS an american.

sorry but the based slav meme does not apply to cd projekt anymore
>>
>>381779623
Because they have to ensure that normies, streamers and the rest of people that passionately despises gameplay will buy it.
They can't make risks like that.
>>
File: 育碧图标.jpg (64KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
育碧图标.jpg
64KB, 1200x899px
>>381779623
Why cant they make good games?
>>
In any other game:

1)see monster
2)attack monster
3)move on

witcher 3

1)see monster
2)check bestiary
3)choose the potions you need, decide if any of the 50 or so dedoction choices will help you with the fight in particular
4)choose the blade oil you need
5)choose the bombs you'll need
6)read about his bestiary entry so you get a feel for his lore and everything feels like it's part of the story
7)execute your plan
8)collect your loot
9)travel around selling your stuff, meeting new people, and generally being a witcher and feeling like you're a professional tackling every situation with maximum efficiency.

Maybe you didn't play an alchemy build, I can understand people who don't like this game if they didn't because it's only worth playing as an alchemy build.

>beautiful
>runs great
>tons of lore and content
>huge open worlds to explore
>literally every complain can be fixed with mods

>HUR DUR EVERYTHING HAS MINIMAP MARKER THIS IS TOO EASY
>*mod comes out that removes the minimap markers*
>HUR THIS IS TOO HARD
>>
>>381783714
space gwent
>>
File: Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.svg.png (95KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.svg.png
95KB, 1200x630px
why can't they stop making shitty finger boxes?
>>
>>381785967
How? Even if the main designer is American, they still sit in Poland. Also they did not lie about the downgrade. Materials and trailers before premiere were showing real graphics that were there during release and you could still cancel your pre-order.
>>
>>381779623
The most frustrating thing to me is even though the core concept of how their combat works isn't great, it could be made SO much better with tiny changes

>Not having to enter the menu to reapply oils midfight
>More than TWO fucking potion slots so you dont have to menu and swap around midfight
>Same for bombs
>An actual way to switch the target Geralt is focused on (not locked on) rather than the vague contextual aim way it uses that often sends you lumbering off in the wrong direction
>Souls tier invincible dodge but with absolutely no restricting factor whatsoever so the entirety of the game can be beaten with M1>Alt x 10000

Make dodging cost stamina, allow keybinding of potions and bombs, make oils last until the end of combat and make defensive options like blocking/parrying useful against anything but humans and you're already off to a much better start
>>
File: Bethesda_Game_Studios_logo.svg.png (43KB, 1200x561px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda_Game_Studios_logo.svg.png
43KB, 1200x561px
why can't they make their games good?
>>
>>381786228
sup shill

they insisted the game will not be downgraded from the 2014 gameplay up until release day. when they came with a formal apology

and poland is just an american proxy, so stop
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 151x150px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 151x150px
Why cant they stop making shit games?
>>
>>381784198
Nah leveling up signs other than quen is pointless since they barely do shit. You don't even need to level up quen since it blocks damage till it breaks
>>
you guys think the shooting in cyberpunk will be good?
>>
File: 1450516351738.jpg (1MB, 2065x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450516351738.jpg
1MB, 2065x1080px
>>381780783
>>381780853
>>381780921

It's known you will be able to switch from third person to first person at will. It also has some type of seamless online feature.
>>
>>381786306
this reads like somebody who didn't play an alchemy build. Fucking TYPICAL. Everyone that hates this game played melee/sign and wonder why they didn't have fun.

>>More than TWO fucking potion slots so you dont have to menu and swap around midfight

There's 4 potion slots.

>Same for bombs
what's that, the game limits your options before a fight so you actually have to plan and strategize what you'll have equipped? What a horrible game
>>An actual way to switch the target Geralt is focused on (not locked on) rather than the vague contextual aim way it uses that often sends you lumbering off in the wrong direction

this game does have lockon, you don't even know how to play and you're criticizing it.

>>Souls tier invincible dodge but with absolutely no restricting factor whatsoever so the entirety of the game can be beaten with M1>Alt x 10000

t. guy about to be mauled by a pack of 10 necros, dodging doesn't work for everything.

>make oils last until the end of combat

If you advance your alchemy build, your oils last forever. Another clue to how I know you didn't play an alchemy build

>defensive options like blocking/parrying useful against anything but humans

You can't use human martial arts to defend against beasts, that's the point. They're beasts, they're fuck you up in CQC because they're built for it. That's a feature in a lot of games.
>>
What are the chances that CP 2077 is actually an MMO?
>>
>>381786310
Cuase they want to make it barebones as fuck to let pc cucks fix their game
>>
>>381786905
high
>>381786738
>seamless online feature.

lolololol. cd projekt drones BTFO AGAIN
>>
>>381786905

0%. It's already confirmed to be an action RPG game.
>>
Because CDPR are actually shit devs who just know how to copy other AAA devs but go overboard with it since Polack wages are so shit they can afford double the manpower.
>>
>>381786905
>>
>>381786905
would you WANT it be an MMO?
>>
>>381786883
I did play an alchemy build as my first playthrough and hated it so much i started over

>Core feature of the build is the ability to spam potions and heal up via the talents that do shit when you're over toxicity
>Constantly using up potions and having to enter menu, re assign the slots, and select new potions

I know the game has lock on you retard, please try reading the post again. You can lock on and off a target, but when facing two or more there is no reliable way to target one or the other , other than pointing the camera in their direction and hoping the nameplate switches over. There is absolutely no reason there shouldnt be a select next target button like in DaS or even a fucking MMO

>about to be mauled by necros
picks Fleet of Foot - heh nothin personell, kid

>implying i said human martial arts and not DEFENSIVE OPTIONS as in other things like how we have parrying and blocking for humans

why even respond if you're not going to read the post? Most of your argument revolves around
>dude play the way i say in a game that offers multiple builds otherwise its shit lmao
>>
File: 1464541843732.jpg (2MB, 1918x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1464541843732.jpg
2MB, 1918x1084px
Yong Yea made an hour video for plebs that don't anything about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSkPao-uWk&t=2s
>>
They can. The hate for witcher gameplay is massively overblown by people desperate to "correct" the public opinion of a game they didn't like
>>
>>381779682
No it didn't
>>
>>381787294
or maybe the gameplay is shit and there is no conspiracy?
>>
File: Ian.png (125KB, 332x281px) Image search: [Google]
Ian.png
125KB, 332x281px
>>381785829
I started playing Witcher 3 a couple of days ago and the hunter you talk to for the Griffin hunt quest announces after a couple minutes that he was banished from the village for being gay.
>>
>>381786101
1)see pokemon
2)check pokedex
3)choose the 6 party members you need, decide if any of the 6 gorillion or so pokemon choices will help you with the fight in particular
4)choose the abilities of each pokemon
5)choose your items and the order in which your pokemon fight
6)read about his pokedex entry so you get a feel for his lore and everything feels like it's part of the story
7)execute your plan
8)collect your loot
9)travel around selling your stuff, meeting new people, and generally being a pokemon trainer and feeling like you're a professional tackling every situation with maximum efficiency.

waow pokemon best rpg evur!!!11!
>>
File: 1476552141321.jpg (2MB, 3630x4069px) Image search: [Google]
1476552141321.jpg
2MB, 3630x4069px
>>381785829
>muh based Slav devs
They are major pussies and their games are riddled with SJW shit.
>>
>>381787160
I wouldn't mind a good cyberpunk/sci-fi themed MMO, but then again, MMOs are not very good most of the time

>>381787054
>>381786991
>>381786981
nice
>>
>>381786101
>>*mod comes out that removes the minimap markers*
Funny how this argument of mods never applies when you argue Bethesda game with CDPR drones.
>>
>>381787731
AHAHAHAHAHAH CD PROJEKT DRONES WILL NEVER EVER EVER RECOVER FORM THIS ASS RAVAGE
>>
>>381787731
If you call this SJW shit you are obviously a falseflagging idiot.
>>
>>381779623
It is good.
>>
>>381786101
>doing this for every drowner, wolf, nekker and ghoul you see
It's fine for enemies you've never fought before. Then it becomes tedious.
>>
>>381786101
>>HUR DUR EVERYTHING HAS MINIMAP MARKER THIS IS TOO EASY
>>*mod comes out that removes the minimap markers*
>>HUR THIS IS TOO HARD
If a game was designed with minimap markers of course just removing them from the finished product doesn't work out.
>>
>>381788030
>Geralt literally says it's the [current year] women can fight too
>Not SJW shit
>>
>>381787731
the only problem with this picture is that it reminds me of philippa, who got the same face as the blacksmith woman
>>
>>381780542
When it comes out in 2025 for the PS7 and XboneX3bone I'll change my tune, sure.
>>
>>381779682

>Thats what Mustards really believe
>>
File: witcher sense.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
witcher sense.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>Pole "game" design
>>
>>381788139
>humorous side quest (you have a dissing battle with one of your opponents) in a second expansion
>Geralt says "[Current Year]" to a woman who is obviously based on Brienne from GoT
>SJW SHIT
The falseflagging is too obvious dude, stop that.
>>
>>381788331
I'm not up to date on my tripfags but arne't you the guy who claimed witcher 3 is better than bloodborne?

sorry if you aren't
>>
>>381788357
Y-Yeah man it's obviously just a GoT reference b-based Poles.
>>
>>381788357
>brienne
>not a SJW dream

lulza anon, just lulza, or should I say, kurwa, haha
>>
File: dettlaff.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dettlaff.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
The Witcher 2 was the closest they got to great combat, but it was ruined again by their inability to balance shit late game and extreme bullshit like the automatic, random, instantaneous and unavoidable counter-attack the enemies perform after being hit more than 2 times
>>
>>381788139
if you guys call this sjw shit, what'll you say about the inevitable, but even more 'severe' cases that'll happen in cyberpunk?
>>
File: SleepyPepeMeme.png (82KB, 249x239px) Image search: [Google]
SleepyPepeMeme.png
82KB, 249x239px
Why do Jap games like Nier: Automata's shit gameplay get a free pass, but we have these threads about the Witcher everyday? Was it anti-Pole bias?
>>
>>381779623
This bait seems to be suffering from a severe heat exhaustion caused by the summer sun.
>>
>>381779623
No need to
>>
>>381788540
/pol/ will go nuts over Cyberpunk, that's for sure
>>
>It has women
>A grown man in his mother basement just shat out his entire intestine in pure anger
/r9k/ racemixing with /pol/ was a mistake
>>
>>381788567
Nah it's just polish shills taking a summer break and the real /v/ shining through.
>>
>>381780542
Its shit like this that will make it a disappointment
>>
>>381788567
kik. 4chan is filled with 15 year old americans pushing le based slav meme. people did hate witcher 1 because of le pole, but times have changed
>>
>>381783120
>Fucking gwent is a better card game than everything the 80s and 90s thought up put together.
Nah. Despite the state Magic the Gathering might be in today (ie, Standard) it's still an infinitely better card game than Gwent. There's also the Star Wars CCG which was pretty fucking great and Vampire: The Eternal Struggle. I'm not sure why you specified in the 80s and 90s though, as that isn't particularly known as a period of greatness for card games.

Nowadays Android: Netrunner is a great example of what a card game could and should be. Gwent can't hold a fucking candle to it.
>>
>>381788567
>Far more well known game gets more threads
Weird.
>>
File: witcher animations.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcher animations.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
BIOWARE BTFO

BASED POLES ANIMATE LIKE KINGS
>>
>>381788139
The woman in that scene reveals herself as a woman after the fight as if it's a huge deal and Geralt's response was basically "so what?".
>>
>>381779623
Because good gameplay is actually hard and time consuming to do.
Just look at the list of action-rpgs that actually have good gameplay:
>Souls
>Dragon's Dogma

Also notice that these 2 rpgs are more like action games than actual rpgs.
>>
File: 1474869367335.gif (64KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1474869367335.gif
64KB, 384x216px
>>381780542
Hopefully Pondsmith has little no involvement in it. Dudes a hack who's only talked up because he has a cool voice.Don't really know why CDPR are using such a shitty setting when there's tons that are better.
>>
>>381789437
gothic 2
risen 1
two worlds 2
divinity 2

WITCHER

DRONES

B
T
F
O
>>
File: 1421785997548.jpg (159KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1421785997548.jpg
159KB, 1500x1500px
>>381789729
>Hopefully Pondsmith has little no involvement in it.
>>
>>381789437
But witcher 3 is both not a RPG and a Action RPG. It fails in both fields.
>>
>>381789729
ah yes so they can make a generic futuristic game just like they did a generic medieval one with witcher 3?
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>381789729
>Dudes a hack

That's a nice opinion, anon.
>>
File: CP77_judge-me.jpg (53KB, 492x465px) Image search: [Google]
CP77_judge-me.jpg
53KB, 492x465px
>>381780542
Problem with CP77 is there are two reasons not to get hyped about it just yet: we don't know anything about Cyberpunk 2077 aka new roleplaying book edition that Pondsmith is still working on AND we have nothing on the video game itself. This is a very dangerous time when people tend to build the game up in their head and then act all surprised and disappointed when reality doesn't match. Don't do that.
>>
>>381789816
Sorry but those games do not have good combat...
Better than Witcher's awful combat, yes. But I don't enjoy the combat in Risen or Gothic they are just tolerable for me to enjoy the world.
>>
>>381779623
>What is Gwent
I'm glad they dropped the open world mini game tbqh.
>>
File: 1469266916646.jpg (247KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469266916646.jpg
247KB, 1200x800px
>>381790185
well other than feeling disappointed for a while there is not much drawback for hyping it, just don't buy it right away like a mindless drone and don't pay for kickstarters, but CP probably won't have a kickstarter
you're absolutely right tho
>>
>>381790223
yes they do. those games, aside from g2 which I just put there because it's infinitely better than witcher 3 in every aspect including combat, have been praised for their combat because it's weighty and engaging

in fact, if you genuinely would consider arguing otherwise, I'd maybe hear out your opinion, but you definitely have NOT played divinity 2 or two worlds 2

pleb.
>>
>>381789229
Witcher 1 cutscenes were fucking better.
But don't worry. They fired a guy who was responsible for those and hired another one who made cutscenes for HoS and BaW. And they are much bigger quality.
>>
>>381790185
people will just eat it up because le based cd projek quality xDd

they're literally the new bethesda
>>
>>381789229
They do animate well, though. That's a cutscene DIRECTION problem.
>>
>>381790503
I wonder if more angular cityscape will lend itself to even higher fidelity and denser content distribution. They already talked about making the game bigger, but not necessarily in literal terms by making the workable area larger.
>>
File: witcher3 2017-06-25 18-29-52-37.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2017-06-25 18-29-52-37.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>381779623
1 gameplay was ok for it's time and it has the FCR mod
2 gameplay is console tier but has the FCR mod too
3 gameplay is console tier but have multiple combat mods but no FCR mod this time
>>
>>381779623
Oh they can. If you look for W3 leaks and cut content you will realize that this game's combat and gameplay was to be much better.
Game was scrapped half in development though because it was impossible for them to make separate games, for PC and Consoles and it had to be one game with PC port.
Cut mechanics were:
>TES-like guard where you have to pay a fee if you don't only then they attack you
>Inventory accessible only through horse/chests/boats, Geralt were to be heavily limited in what he can have with himself.
>Using torch in battle
>throwing knives
>Most interesting one IMO: They had a VATS like system that worked similarly to the slow-motion cuts from Metal Gear Rising where you had to aim at certain parts/organs of monsters to trigger effects, make fights easier
>in addition to horse and boat, there was riding a cart
>damaged boats could be repaired in ports
>throwing bomb outside boat for fishing etc.
And it all WORKED in at least one build of the game. We know about those mechanics from journalists, youtubers, celebrities etc. who were shown the non-public demo.
Actually Witcher 3 almost failed and never would release. It was actually a miracle that they made it after scrapping it.
>>
>>381791163
Probably because FCR was clear inspiration for W3 combat, just not executed really well because there were so many underlying moving parts added to it. Didn't CDPR actually hire the guy who made the mod for the first Witcher?
>>
File: Gwent-06-HD.png (401KB, 920x430px) Image search: [Google]
Gwent-06-HD.png
401KB, 920x430px
>>381779623
They already did
>>
>>381790653
I think it will be hyped by cyberpunk genrefags more than anything
>>
>>381790653
yeah because cdpr and beth are the same level of quality
>>
>>381792653
they're both overrated with an obnoxious fanbase which refuses to listen to reason so yes
>>
>>381785350
cry more. w3 is the best meta user score in every platform it has. you have a shit taste. we dont
>>
File: yaya.png (48KB, 425x328px) Image search: [Google]
yaya.png
48KB, 425x328px
>>381793504
>caring what a bunch of gooblygerber's spam in user reviews

lul. less active players on steam too
>>
>>381794228
He was talking about user score. Learn to read retard.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 930x230px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 930x230px
>>381794228
such retardness...
>>
File: Capture2.png (30KB, 946x383px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
30KB, 946x383px
>>381794228
>>
>>381794228
anyone who doesn't consider user score's accurateness is not a real serious vidya gamers. just poser sickfucks nothing more. continue to decay in ignorance
>>
>>381794504
>>381794539
>>381794630
>>caring what a bunch of gooblygerber's spam in user reviews

maybe you should learn to read. oh wait you can't you like witcher 3 hahahahah
>>
>>381794953
no need to samefag. userscores have always been the victim of personal biases and other influencing factors such as ebin raids

and they still don't change the fact that witcher 3 is mechanically shite! an argument which you witcher shills have not been able to counter for 2 years instead resorting to posting pictures of the game during conversations when it chances the lightning and actually looks good

again, stop getting so btfo, it's not healthy
>>
>>381794978
continue believing spastic journalists xd shityrim lover
>>
>>381794953
>>381794978
>Literally best rated game by users in history
>hurr durr user scores does not matter
Even if they don't it's an achievement to have score this high.
>>
>>381795123
bunch of retards on the net cannot make me feel sad little brainy. try harda
>>
>>381795164
>xd

polack detected. wash my toilet now
>>381795241
no since metacritic is often the victim of raids and such. bloodborne deserves a 100% but all the pleb retards who can't play it and p cucks spammed a 0 so how is that fair comparison?

it's not. witcher plebs grasping at straws as always to undermine arguments that their shit game is mechanically complete shite a turd if I may say so myself
>>
>>381795394
cry more my mann xd cry more. we love witcher 3 we love hearts of stone and blood and wine. and most of the gamers aldo love. cry and decay in Todd's shitfuck games. you deserve nothing more.
>>
>>381795394
>bloodborne deserves a 100% but all the pleb retards who can't play it and p cucks spammed a 0 so how is that fair comparison?
being this retarded guys
>you are all obviously wrong because the game I LIKE deserves 10/10
>>
>>381795642
>>381795656
lol this thread was actually going places before you illiterate polacks showed up
>>
>>381795732
You are bitching that some game has best user score on Metacritic in history meanwhile you say that THIS game is a 10/10 and EVERYONE should also think that.
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>381795961
all I'm saying is that witcher 3 gameplay sux ass, something that has said many times before and for some reason traumatizes you even though it's basic fact

I actually even enjoyed the game. as I have 1 and 2. but the gameplay is pure rancid shit and if it were to carry the game it would be a 4/10
>>
File: 1473856907687.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473856907687.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>381779623
>>381779682
jesus fuck why don't people even try anymore
>>
>>381795961
>>381796112
also bloodborne is indeed a much better game and if you disagree you're either casual or a p cuck not hard to figure out

now work on your english mr. pole
>>
>>381796112
Comparing combat of any RPG to BB or DS is retarded in the first place because it's like 90% (if not even more) of what you do in the game. Rest being exploration.
>>
>>381780542

>Vaporware
>>
>>381796285
it's a very significant portion of witcher 3 too

>if it's RPG its not supposed to have good combat argument

hilarious. hilarious. hilarious. such a brainlet pleb you are. firstly one could argue that there are more roleplaying options in a dark souls game (yes, it doesn't have arbitrary dialogue choices and still has roleplay, wonderful concept you stupid 15 year old mouthbreather isn't it?). secondly there are RPGs which succeeded in having amazing combat. thirdly witcher doesn't really focus on a roleplaying experience at all. it's just an action adventure game with lots of dialogue and story heavy elements
>>
>>381787668
pokemon is also an RPG. what is your point?
>>
>>381783116
F
>>
>>381797296
>pokemon is also an RPG
Who said it wasn't?
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.