[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WoW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: wall1-1600x1200.jpg (608KB, 1600x1200px)
wall1-1600x1200.jpg
608KB, 1600x1200px
Were flying mounts a mistake? They make the world feel lot smaller and they remove any sense of danger from the game.
>>
>>381776868
>remove any sense of danger from the game
have you never been ganked by some fucker in a flying mount?
>>
>>381776868
yes, it was.
/thread
>>
>>381776868
>Were flying mounts a mistake?
no, they were the best thing to happen to the game
>they remove any sense of danger from the game.
completely wrong.

Also, salty rogue detected. Get fucked ya daft cunt
>>
Not as bad as dailies.
>>
>>381779549
>no, they were the best thing to happen to the game
This. I absolutely hated flying mounts in BC because I was always broke from buying vanity pets off the auctionhouse, but once it was possible for normal people to afford them, I loved it.
>>
>>381776868
They killed world PvP after vanilla so what is the point
>>
File: 250895.jpg (29KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
250895.jpg
29KB, 239x300px
>>381777985
>rogue with engineering
Nope
>>
The most fun I had with bc was on the Isle with no flying, so yeah think so.
>>
>>381777985
>have you never been ganked by some fucker in a flying mount?

Flying mounts ruined PvP servers. If you dont want to fight or youre losing you just fly away. No senses of danger at all.
>>
Once flying was introduced/baseline, they should have made zones much more vertical/varied to take advantage of them. It's one of the things FFXIV did right with the 1st expac, there are some really cool zones that take advantage of being able to fly.
>>
>>381776868
World pvp stopped being a thing only in wotlk, while flying mounts become a thing expack earlier
Think about it
>>
Resilience killed pvp harder than flying mounts ever could. It was one of the most damaging things ever added to the game.
>>
>>381779753
>can't afford flying because I need to buy more companions on he AH.
>hated mounts until it was given to you
you are the worst part of the game.
>>
>>381781535
It stopped being fun in TBC, even the primary world pvp region at Halaa or whatever it was called was literally just waiting around for someone to dismount for 10 minutes while you safely sat in the air.
>>
File: 3231.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
3231.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>381780665
>or youre losing you just fly away

How does one mount up in combat?
>>
>>381782156
Play a druid, blizz favors them in more ways than that.
>>
>>381782261
They would uncuck feral if that were the case
>>
>>381782156
>Drop combat for 1.5 seconds
>LOS
>Any CC whatsoever
>Mount up and fly away

hurrr
>>
>>381781975
This is how I know that you never played during BC, wotlk kid
Elemental plateu mass pvp was a thing during all expack
Ogre quests gank were a thing since daily patch, especially Simon says part was so bad that people cried on the forums and send you a messages begging to stop
Preraid entrance massive pvp were a thing during all expack
Island mass pvp was a thing during last patch(but this one didn't had fly mounts)
Wotlk came out, there was no reason to leave Dalaran and people stopped fighting each other
Fly mounts have nothing to do with it
>>
>>381782338
Feral is the exception, I think they just forgot it exists. Feral and survival hunters are the only 2 specs with any level of complexity anymore, and I think they just said "fuck em, it's too much work to try and balance more than 4 buttons".
>>
>>381782446
This anon knows
>>
>>381782446
I played during Vanilla, BC, and every other expansion, you BC kid.

Flying mounts are shit and ruin any sense of danger in the world. I get that you never got to experience the excitement of world pvp in vanilla but thats not reason to have an autism attack over it. Dont worry though Blizzard loves catering to you lazy bottom feeding scum who couldnt even play the game if LFG didnt exist so enjoy your shitty treadmill simulator.
>>381782739

By the way stop samefagging.
>>
>>381782446
>Isle pvp

Oh man that isle has so many fuckin corpses on it. MT was a great dungeon too. What a patch.
>>
Burning crusade was a mistake
>Draeni are retarded blue men and night elves introduced ERPers into the horde
>Flying mounts killed world pvp, any sense of danger, and exploration
>Let the nigger hordies have Paladins which made the faction strictly superior to the alliance thanks to alliance racials being shit.
>>
File: oldfagproof.png (12KB, 1037x349px) Image search: [Google]
oldfagproof.png
12KB, 1037x349px
>>381782807
>Flying mounts are shit and ruin any sense of danger in the world. I get that you never got to experience the excitement of world pvp in vanilla
Wotlk kid says things he heard somewhere
How cute, but nothing new
>>
>>381782945
>Alliance racials being shit
>Humans had far and away the best pvp racial for multiple expacs
>>
>>381783093
>Every TBC server has to offer some compensation for alliance players or else the faction distribution will be 65/35 horde/alliance
alliance racials are shit in vanilla/tbc
>>
>>381783085
>BC bandwagoner trying to justify his sub par WoW experience

Congratulations you had one (1) real place for world pvp on the Isle and a place where if you were too retarded to hit your flying mount key you might get ganked doing dailies.

Hell you probably played on a PvE server anyway LOL
>>
>>381783258
>2004
>BC
Really makes you think
See, this is people(wotlk kids) who says that BC killed world pvp
>>
>>381783373
>BC kid steals a screenshot of a Vanilla Alpha Male
Classic BC shitters who will never EVER get to play REAL WoW
>>
>>381782446
english is clearly not your first language. you are what killed wow
>>
>>381783093
That's true but nobody cares about pvp in this game. Horde racials became even more relevant in legion thanks to mythic + where tauren stomp and belf silence are broken af.
>>
>>381783219
No they're not. Maybe the Draenei racial was shit. But then again the Troll racial was even worse.

Only difference is that nobody ever liked playing Trolls so their population was always the lowest. People liked playing Draenei, but most of the Alliance was always majority human and had the best racial in the game.
>>
>>381783657
Yes, they are.

Paladins being on the horde made the horde the better faction in TBC. If this weren't the case then the population discrepancy wouldn't be so vast. Hellground launched recently and had to give alliance players 2x bonus XP to prevent a huge population gap from occurring like it usually does.
>>
>>381783219
In pvp, to certain degree, yes, alliance racials sucked.
In pve, if you went horde, you were retarded.
>>
if the game is too hard, people cry and Blizzard changes it.
>>
File: 1496005398571.gif (1MB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1496005398571.gif
1MB, 250x167px
>>381784012
>Rolling on a PvE server
>>
>>381783972
I completely agree that they should have kept faction specific classes, also the racial priests spells always added extra flavour.

But Alliance wasn't the worse faction because of the racials, it's because it was generally populated by retarded children who wanted to play as the good guys.
>>
>>381784012
But Horde have always had the better PvE racials, even in WotLK. For PvP, WotLK gave Ally EMFH.
>>
>>381783085
that's interesting information, how do i get there on the battle.net site?
>>
>>381776868
Flying mounts were the beginning of the end. At the time they felt like a great addition, but it opened up a direction for Blizzard to follow that lead to where they are now. Same with easier raids in WotLK. Eventhough people complained, most were happy with an easier version of the raid, and a heroic version. But it was all a downhill from there.

With flying mounts random world pvp was almost dead, as was the feeling of ending up on random adventures because there was shit on your way you couldn't fly over. It's possible that this was the natural progression of the game and that mounts had nothing to do with it, but that's kinda hard to figure out at this point. Also flying mounts in a place as small as Outland compared to the original world was also a mistake.
>>
>>381784578
It was because of the racials. Vanilla PvP servers usually have pretty even faction distribution with a <4% difference in horde favor even though horde had much better PvP racials. In TBC this isn't the case, almost always a >10% difference in horde population since allys no longer have exclusive Paladins.
>>
>>381784882
Account managent->wow page->Order History
Great to make bully wotlk kids like >>381782807 who heard about vanilla only from the rumours
>>
Do people still do instances?
>>
Most fun I ever had was in wotlk flying around Saronite Basin as a prot paladin and fighting prot warriors nonstop for titanium nodes.
>>
>>381779174
This.
>>381776868
Yes, they were a mistake.
Yes, it removes danger. There is no feeling of "war" in warcraft if you can fly over it without repercussion.

They might have been able to leverage this if they added like throwing javlins and hammers in the game with chances to stun and dismount players.
>>
>>381785387
thanks my dude
>>
>>381785415
Sure. Mythic+ dungeons are the best way to get gear these days and only require 5 people.
>>
>>381779765
They killed world PvP DURING vanilla by providing players with a pvp system that they could play that actually had rewards.
>>
>>381787131
They killed world PvP by adding "Civilian" tags to grey leveled NPCs that cause dishonorable kills. That tore out most pvp players in the world and killed most World PvP groups at Crossroads or Astranaar as one person would "accidently" AoE a civilian and everyone pays the dishonor penalty.
>>
>>381785387
Typical BC shitter pretending here was there for GLORIOUS vanilla world pvp.
>>
>>381788257
I didn't play vanilla, but you're jaded if you don't think TBC had good World PvP opportunities.

>tfw I will never experience those cross roads/goldshire raids again
God dammit
>>
>>381788458
>>tfw I will never experience those cross roads/goldshire raids again

Or you could just make an account at Elysium and enjoy getting ganked in Redridge all day long, same thing.
>>
>>381788532
Private servers will never recapture the magic.
>>
>>381788458
>I didn't play vanilla
Case closed.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.