[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the worst game you have ever played? Why did it suck so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 30

File: jer.jpg (15KB, 228x231px) Image search: [Google]
jer.jpg
15KB, 228x231px
What was the worst game you have ever played?
Why did it suck so hard?
>>
Oni for PS2

Just trash, repetitive room after trash, repetitive room combined with horrid controls.
>>
File: image.png (325KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
325KB, 300x449px
Probably some PS1 movie adaptation game, but from recent memory Kingdoms of Amalur is traaaaaaash What were they thinking with the gnome that looks like Jimmy Neutrons father? Why are two of the three Viking races actually identical? Why does this look like fable redone by blizzard? The combat system is identical to other 3rd person hack and slashes. I couldn't give you one reason to play this game
>>
File: shit.jpg (19KB, 156x220px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
19KB, 156x220px
Ill always stand by this as the worst game ever for me. Doesnt follow dbz story, terrible camera, terrible linear levels, bosses have an insane amount of hp just for no reason, worst combat ive ever seen in any game, and its not even fun with co op.
>>
>>381770194
In recent memory I'd say wildlands
>>
Chronicles of the Sword for the PS1
awful point and click adventure game
pure pixel hunt gameplay, the game doesn't describe your items to you and if you examine them sometimes the game freezes
it also has really broken "combat", but if you play it on easy you can just skip it
>>
File: jer2.jpg (28KB, 401x456px) Image search: [Google]
jer2.jpg
28KB, 401x456px
For me, it was probably Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker. The game was so bad it makes Batman Vengeance look like masterpiece. Useless fighting styles, floaty melee combat, horrendeous platforming levels and some of the most annoying background tracks and sound effects paired with even worse graphics and animation.
>>
>>381770194
I don't keep track of those games but MW3 and AC3 are up there.
>>
>>381770194
baraq for the wii. Didnt get past 20 minutes of it because of how shit it was
>>
File: 01212_6BmcWXodfrw_600x450.jpg (9KB, 271x450px) Image search: [Google]
01212_6BmcWXodfrw_600x450.jpg
9KB, 271x450px
Maybe... Mortal Kombat 4 Gold on Dreamcast? MK4 was bad to begin with but it was difficult to play the game for more than 15 minutes without it crashing or locking up
>>
File: images (1).jpg (2KB, 127x115px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
2KB, 127x115px
Seinfeld online

>2017
>Not running max strength max charisma newman build
>>
>>381770194
Legaia 2 for PS2

It wasn't Legaia 1.
>>
Nier

I'm not even kidding, it's without a doubt the worst game I have ever played. It felt like a budget PS2 game that somehow lucked out on the writer and music.
>>
File: Berseria.jpg (250KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Berseria.jpg
250KB, 1600x900px
After several hours of gameplay that consisted of nothing other than activating Consuming Claw and spamming the button I bound Searing Edge to, I uninstalled the game and haven't looked back.
>>
>>381770194
arcania gothic 4. i couldnt even make it past the first town, they did that stupid shit where the setting is medieval but theres pirates and people have hispanic names and theres beaches everywhere for some god damn reason
the voice acting is absolutely atrocious, gameplay is boring and slow, writing is terrible, i mean every single aspect of this game is awful but i guess you cant expect much from the gothic krauts
>>
File: 1482364090428.jpg (108KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1482364090428.jpg
108KB, 998x974px
Dragon Age Inquisition

It had a painfully mediocre gameplay, shitty graphics, very shitty maps and enviornments and a generic and ineptly told story, but the fact that the game seemed so proud of it and of its' shitty characters made me hate it more than any other game I've played.
>>
Nier automata, literally nothing but just fap bait
>>
File: 1412024907239.jpg (103KB, 434x574px) Image search: [Google]
1412024907239.jpg
103KB, 434x574px
>>381771491
DA:2 is worse imo. But then, i actually paid this crap. I didn't make the same mistake with Inquisition and i had no hope for it to begin with.

Those games never happened anyway.
>>
Godus. I believed an incompotent madman and bought an empty shell of shitty facebook game.
>>
>>381770194
Spy Toy for the PS2.

In order to access your save file you had to use an ID system that required you to take a picture of yourself using the camera doing a pose. The problem with that was if you moved any furniture in the background and your pose wasn't 100% exact, it wouldn't register and you'd be locked out of your save. And if by a one in a million chance you did manage to get through, the game was just a bunch of shitty mini games.
>>
>>381770765
Actually it was going to be a mmo. But they shat the bed so hard that they had to release it as single player.

I liked it anyway, it was kinda comfy. It was just an offline mmo with okay gameplay and very average lore.
>>
Shadow of Mordor on PS3

Now I'm not saying Shadow of Mordor on PS4 or PC is a bad game, but the PS3 version might be the worst port made in recent memory.
>graphics are PSP-tier
>silky smooth 15fps
>UI glitches out
>background music continues into cutscenes and drowns them out
>insanely long loading times even when just pausing the game
>framerate gets so bad at one part near the end of the game that it became literally unplayable for me
>>
>>381772048
I had some really good times playing this on my toaster laptop while smoking weed with my friends who were also playing on theirs, it was definitely comfy
>>
>>381771682
DA2 at least was colorful, had a good idea with the Friendship/Rivalry mechanic and it gave you more roleplaying options. DAI has no value whatsoever. It's a completely pointless game.
>>
The single player for Battlefield 3.
It was so poorly done and was such a bland experience that I can't help but absolutely hate it.
>>
>>381772537
My experience was that the game was shittier looking than DAO, and that was hard to do.
Combat was dumbed down "action" shit. They included their fucking shitty wheel. You wanted to say something slightly badass ? Too bad Hawk will say to the guy to go fuck his mother and eat a dick.
The friendship/rivalry wasn't too bad, but it doesn't make it a good game. It was some shit made in 10 months or so because EA. They reused the same assets again and again until you pucked your fucking guts.

DAI was bad, but if they called the game "Not dragon age" it may have been juste some ok mediocre game for casuals retards.
>>
I don't think I would be able to choose the worst game I've ever played, but the worst game in recent memory for me was Life is Strange, which I thought did nothing right and was abysmal in almost every regard.
>>
>>381773064
I'm not saying it was a good game, and it certainly was one of the worst things I've played at the time. But, in my opinion, DAI is a lot worse and more offensive. I couldn't stomach playing it after I had met the lesbian elf and the strong independent black woman the first time I played it, then I tried it again after Trespasser to see what changed (Not a lot) and powered through to the end just to get a shitty ending and a shitty dlc that existed just to set up a sequel.
>>
File: two-worlds-1.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
two-worlds-1.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
This game sucked.
>>
>>381773257
Yeah i see what you mean. It's just that, i was so disgusted of DA2 that i didn't even see Inquisition as a DA game. I laughed my ass off at the very beggining of the game.
>alright you opened that fucking hellhole, but you're also the only one who can close it so just be our master, alright ?
In DAO, you start from fucking nothing, may you have been a prince or a filthy beggar. In DAI you could have been anything, you get the fucking inquisition handed to you no matter what.
I just can't take this fucking game seriously. It's just a bad fucking joke. Fags ruined the franchise with 2 and then just raped his fucking corpse.
>>
>>381773270
I have no idea how that or the second one get any praise at all. I think you might actually have to be retarded to enjoy it.
>>
>>381773270
I don't know why, maybe because I was pretty young and I hadn't played many games in that genre, but it never felt that bad to me.
What exactly was bad about it?
I remember the cities being kinda empty, one city that you couldn't enter at all and a boss right before the endboss that was actually much harder.
>>
Star Fox Adventures. Most bad games you can still laugh at them for being awful, but with SFA it's just bad and boring.
>>
>>381773591
Combat was really clunky, frames were shit on the PC version, customization was bland, story and lore also bland, and the graphics felt extremely outdated to me. Seemed like all characters just had one expression.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
it was like smearing jelly all over the screen
>>
File: 0451.jpg (62KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
0451.jpg
62KB, 500x498px
>>381770194
The level passwords can kill you, the physics are terrible, and the music makes Yoshi's New Island sound like Chrono Trigger. Horrible port.
>>
>>381770420
fpwp
>>
big riggs, i cant believe i wasted time and effort getting it, but its not fair to include it, so i have to say mortal kombat shaolin monks was the worst i can think of. I purchased it and hello kitty roller rescue at the same time, roller rescue was significantly better
>>
>>381770940
Wow I'd have to say this game actually. I still remember my mom letting me get it from Blockbuster and I was done with it in like 4 hours, plus if I remember correctly co-op was busted.

Thanks for making me remember that piece of shit.
>>
>>381770194
Any anime games
>>
good video game conception ii. it was just super boring and the one redeeming thing was your kids asking who their mom even is in the dungeons sometimes
>>
>>381770194
Gone home by far.

I can't believe they charge people 20$ for this pile of trash and can keep a straight face.
>>
File: screen-5.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
screen-5.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
Probably Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I have no idea what the fuck I was expecting.
>>
your favorite game looooooooooooool
>>
File: Alekhines Gun.jpg (110KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
Alekhines Gun.jpg
110KB, 300x404px
>>381770194
I play games to have fun, so when a game is filled with overly punishing mechanics, I tend to drop it.

Alekhine's Gun is basically what Hitman would be like in real life. You are on someone else's property and everyone can see that you are a stranger. If you fire a shot, every guard on the map will run to your location. After a couple shots, the character dies instantly.

Natural Doctrine is another game that I hated. It's a strategy JRPG that has unique mechanics based on line of sight. The problem is movement is very limited (all characters need to be alive and on the same squares in order to manually walk back to the entrance/exit the dungeon) and the CPU controlled enemies can travel great distances and chain attacks from what seems like miles away.
>>
>>381770194
Haze

Fell for the hype, played about an hour of co-op with a bud and we both wanted to die.

Ubi's biggest turd
>>
>>381773901
Bait of the highest magnitude
>>
overwatch

sterile, design-by-committee, unmoddable, cash shop features before customer enjoyment features, infested with 11 year olds
>>
flower, sun and rain

was originally released on PS2 but the graphics look like they belong on a hypothetical pre-n64 3D console.
gameplay consists of consulting a 60+ page book , then playing a guessing game where you pick one of 6 keys to open a lock.
the game is set on a huge island where cars are banned, so you need to walk up and down a massive highway over and over again in every chapter. takes like 10+ minutes of just holding right or left every single time. i'd guess that 80% of the game is spent just walking up and down the highways
story is completely nonsensical and impossible to follow, and also relies on you having played the prequel which at the time was untranslated.

highly recommend
>>
>>381773270
I probably would've found a modicum of enjoyment out of this if I (and everyone else) hadn't spent like half a year playing Oblivion.
>>
>>381773270
This game was terrible but I put wayy too many hours into it, as bad as it was I just had stupid fun playing it even through it's laggy online. I never did touch the second one though cause they tired making the game more than what it was and it lost it's charm
>>
Akiba's Trip was absolutely awful.
>>
Recently it was No Man's Sky. I lost about 15 hours in that trash because of the grind. When I finally realized how stupid and redundant the game was, it gave me a bad feeling that I was wasting my life.
>>
O.D.T for PS1

Overwatch for PS4
>>
>>381776548
I bought the game for the art, the idea of stripping random anime characters in Akihabara, and the possible waifus. The game was so damn dull and it was filled with so many game breaking bugs, that I eventually dropped it.

The irony is that I want to buy it on PS4, but instead of being $12...it's $29.99 on Amazon.
>>
>>381770194
Recently, probably Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon when I was at my cousin's house
It wasn't as fun as Explores of Sky
>>
>>381770194
Fallout New Vegas

The shitty "yeehaw doody partner!" cowboy shit I makes it the worst game
>>
>>381772391
What did you expect playing on what was 8 year old hardware at the time?
>>
>>
File: Supreme_Commander_2_Boxart.jpg (69KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme_Commander_2_Boxart.jpg
69KB, 256x361px
it was a serviceable game, but completely changed compared to 1 and FA, SE made it into a generic C&C clone and ruined everything from the scale to the maps to the units to the botched upgrade system, I just had a massive sinking feeling in my stomach after doing the campaign
>>
File: 1454088571053.jpg (37KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1454088571053.jpg
37KB, 500x352px
>>381770194
Energy Hook
Felt nothing like Spider Man 2
>>
>>381780242
More like Starcraft clone.
>>
File: 244444.jpg (19KB, 274x364px) Image search: [Google]
244444.jpg
19KB, 274x364px
>>381773270
>get free steam key of Two Worlds
>looks kinda neat, decide to check it out
>start the game
>it asks some suspiciously intrusive information such as home address and real name etc.
>can't proceed into the game without filling the fields
>mfw

I quit the game and uninstalled it. What the fuck does it need my information for?
>>
>>381779159
Something at least up to the quality of a launch title of said 8 year old machine.
>>
>>381770194
Super Monday Night Combat.

Because someone thought padded sumo MMO health belonged in an objective-based shooter. I've never been more disappointed in developers making a single shitty decision in my life.

Also Ultima IX. Jesus christ.
>>
Cooking mama

Not my cup of tea
>>
Its a tie between Quest 64 and Superman 64
>>
>>381770940
Not even the worst DBZ game.
Check out Taiketsu
>>
>>381776126
Came here to post this
You forgot to mention how tight the soundtrack was though
>22 views on the only youtube upload of the best song in the game
Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwdlNG_wl0
>>
File: hitman absolution.jpg (73KB, 275x388px) Image search: [Google]
hitman absolution.jpg
73KB, 275x388px
Hitman: Absolution

Of course I have tried the worst games such as Superman 64, but HItman absolution ist the "worst" game I have experienced personally in first hand. I was a huge fan of the Hitman series because of all the freedom approach and creativity, but Absolution completely turned it's back to the core audience of the series.

>linear levels
>too much shootan, not enough sneakan
>broken disguise and stealth system

All I wanted was Blood Money 2, but instead I got shitty Gears of War with "stealth".
>>
Phantasy Star III
>>
>>381771605
Speaking of bait,
>this post
>>
>>381770194
Any of the just dance and singstar games
Its not even fun just shit even for parties
>>
File: header.jpg (25KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
25KB, 460x215px
It was also my first purchase on steam.
>>
File: IMG_0977.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
I double dare any of you fags to try one of these out and then say that the games you have mentioned are worse.
>>
>>381782397

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it that you watch AVGN.
>>
Smash bros brawl

What a fucking piece of autistic shit for bubble blowing triple babbys
>>
>>381782397
>these types of old farts still use website for kids
>>
Dino Crisis 3
Because it killed the franchise in the strangest way possible
>>
>>381776548
Akiba's Trip definitely isn't for everyone but at least it anknowledges it's own dumbness and crapness, there's absolutely zero thought process behind that game
>>
>>381770194
Magic Sword was one of the worst. Felt like a huge unbalanced mess. Lots of early 3D games were also serious trash like Space Station Silicon Valley.
>>
File: Don't forget....jpg (72KB, 373x281px) Image search: [Google]
Don't forget....jpg
72KB, 373x281px
>>381782657
Yea, it's obviously impossible that I knew about these games before seeing an e-celebrity to do videos about them or that I actually have owned them for decades.

>>381782829
Pic related WILL happen to you no matter how much you try to fight it.
>>
Mass Effect 3.
Biggest piece of fucking shit game that has ever being made this decade.

Even without mentioning the infamous ending it's still a huge pile of dogshit in every way.
>>
>>381770194
The Witcher III
Way too much dialogue. Not enough gameplay.
>>
>>381783625
The gameplay and multiplayer were good though. I think you might be some kind of faggot.
>>
File: header.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
easily. makes me sick to even think about its creators smugly nodding "mmm indeed yes this is truly a masterpiece"
also the only puzzle game i can think of where completing a puzzle just fills you with dread instead of satisfaction
>>
Either Asscreed 3 or Borderlands 2. I played those two back to back.
That was a very bad time in my life.
>>
>>381770194
Bloodborne
>>
>>381776548
Most enjoyable part of the game is if you keep insisting you want your dolls back at the beginning of the game, the guy will just kill you and the game will end.
>>
>>381783843
yeah no. probably my favorite game of 2016
>>
Ultraman for SNES. Controls terribly, monsters knock you on your ass every two seconds while you barely flinch them, killing them requires doing a special attack at the end that the game doesn't convey at all.
>>
Initial D mountain vengance.

You couldn't even play the goddamn game! Your car would get blasted to one side of the track like fucking ermac from mortal kombat was attacking you. Shit was downright unplayable!
>>
>>381770194
Hearts of Iron 4
It sucked cause its simply unfinished
>>
Wipeout
Controls are fucking terrible so all you end up doing is slamming into the walls nonstop.
>>
dragon age 2 is without a doubt the worst game i've ever played. the story and characters were incomprehensibly terrible. that quest where the guy kidnaps your mother, killers her, dismembers her and turns her into a literal zombie sex slave? just fucking terrible. you felt nothing for the characters, that little kawaii uguu elf girl cunt felt like she was written by a 12 year old autistic girl. then you have the combat that has no tactics involved in it whatsoever. enemies randomly spawn out of thin air. if they weren't shitting up the writing and combat they then permanently fucked up the lore of the dragon age universe with fucking red lyrium. now there's no more actual moral choice between templars and the dangerous mages. HURR FUCKING DURR SEE NOW TEMPLARS CAN BE JUST AS BAD BECAUSE DURR FUCFKING NIGERR RED LYRIUM SO BOTH CHOICES LITERALLY THE FUCKING SAME BECAUSE DUMB FUCKING SUBHUMANS CAN'T MAKE ACTUAL DECISIONS
>>
>>381771218
While I wouldn't think it's the worst game anyone's played, it definitely wasn't anywhere near as good.
>>
File: 1490367234663.jpg (18KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
1490367234663.jpg
18KB, 367x388px
>>381783731
>Gameplay and multiplayer was good
>Rips it off from Gears of War 3

Your case is full of shit.
>>
>>381782109
i liked this, I thought it was fun
>>
Worst as in I didn't enjoy it or worst as in technical performance and failure as a product?
>>
File: 03-06-06_0046.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
03-06-06_0046.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
Tie between super Nintendo Cliffhanger and Witcher 3, both had terrible game play but
only Witcher 3 had unreasonable hype behind it.
Never again will I play something off a recommendation.
>>
Fallout New Vegas
cancer engine
>>
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories on PS2
>Hey what if we used FF-like encounters for every single fucking heartless in the game
>Also this is now a card game
>Also we don't have much money so re-use assets as much as you can lol
>Oh and no europe, those guys can just play the GBA version they'll be fine
>>
File: 1483443816503.png (885KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483443816503.png
885KB, 900x600px
>>381785329
whoa, wrong pic.
>>
>>381785329
>Cliffhanger
I had that for sega cd. What garbage.
>>
>>381770194
FFXV: shit-tier graphics (inb4 muh character models), pathetically empty "open world", cringer-tier dialogue and story-telling, poor performance, combat, etc. Fuck you Square
>>
File: kusoge.png (4KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
kusoge.png
4KB, 320x224px
>>381781832
came here to post this
good work anon
>>
File: 1495947641483.png (84KB, 245x316px) Image search: [Google]
1495947641483.png
84KB, 245x316px
>Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
>LA:Noire
Detective games are fucking garbage
>>
File: 2014-09-30_00020-100477622-orig.jpg (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-30_00020-100477622-orig.jpg
288KB, 1920x1080px
It felt like it wanted to be a Sly Cooper game more than a stealth game. That's not a bad thing but it had an ugly artstyle. Everything was a dull grey.

I played it on PS4 and didn't get very far because it ran like garbage, but I don't want to waste my time replaying it on PC because the tutorial was mind-numbingly slow.
>>
Battlecruiser 3000AD.
Literally the No Man's Sky of its time, but worse. Far worse.
Imagine watching this shitshow we call vidya repeat itself for twenty fucking years, and now you know why oldfags are so cranky all the time.

>>381773481
I was bored enough to push past the terrible, terrible opening play of Two Worlds 2, and yeah, it's a VERY slow starter, but I found that it gets a surprising lot better as it goes on.
And late game magic was gamebreakingly hilarious to play with.
>>
>>381781641
Reminds me of Sonic
>>
>>381770194
I actually completed Ride to Hell Retribution
>>
>>381770194
Sword of the Stars 2.
Because I wanted it to be good so badly.
>>
>>381776064
RDR without playing the 360 version ported to the One is actually an unplayable mess by today's technical standards.
>People think I'm going to consider a game where my only option for aiming is a fucking stick a Game of the anything, let alone year, generation, console, etc.

Fuck the hype RDR gets. Go back now that we have ten billion open world experiences, it's nothing special.
>>
Far Cry 3

There is absolutely nothing good about this game it's designed for braindead retarded normies, the story was abysmal, the characters were all annoying fucks that I did not care about.

Seriously fuck this shit, I should have uninstalled right as I got a game over for not fast travelling to do 10m during the tutorial.
>>
>>381776064
And yet the lowest quality.
>>
Morrowind
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.