[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Todd will be pleased

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
Summer sale is here so that means we're all looking for new gaymes

Retrospectively hated Fallout 3 for its crap writing and characters. I heard Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout New Vegas were way better.

Sell me on these since they cost like $10 all together on Steam right now, as well as any other good rpg-like games with interesting worlds and all that. First person,isometric, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>381769365
Get the GoG versions of Fo1 and 2. They come pre-patched with high resolution fixes so you dont have to do it yourself.
>>
File: 276.jpg (9KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
276.jpg
9KB, 200x237px
buy 4
>>
File: JohnSmith.jpg (16KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
JohnSmith.jpg
16KB, 398x384px
>>381769365
>>381770456
Yes, Fallout 4 is the true Fallout experience and you should buy it instead.
>>
File: poop.png (614KB, 1680x1280px) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
614KB, 1680x1280px
>>381769365
>I heard Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout New Vegas were way better.
They are all the same, a waste of time & money.
>>
>Fallout 4
>war never changes
>dude, me and my great-great-gramps both went to war lmao
>people die in war lmao
>now, lets proceed to a cliched story about finding your abducted child or whatever who gives a fuck here's power armor

>Fallout 1
>war never changes
>good ambition that countries want resources to support their population has bad outcome
>shortages and fear ensue after death and destruction
>rest of the game showcases how people deal with such a situation

Where did we go so wrong?
>>
>>381769365
Get New Vegas Ultimate Edition. That's really all you need.

Plus of course what >>381769432 said.
>>
>>381769365
I'd say if you're unsure about FO1/2 then you're not really into cRPGs. So I'd say first buy New Vegas for 2,49$, pirate the DLCs if you want to (not too fond of them but it's very easy) and maybe add a few basic mods (really only fixes and tweaks you yourself want, e.g. I wanted to have more than 1 partner and a second radio station that plays comfy tunes so I modded those but not much more. I also wanted nightvision goggles and a motorcycle but they both sucked). Then see if you like it and if you do and you're interested where New Vegas comes from you can play FO1/2 which are fantastic as well, maybe even better than NV, but very, very different.
>>
Don't play FO1 or 2, OP, you CANT HIT ANYTHING in them and geckos aren't negotiable
>>
>>381771723
Interplay going under
>>
>>381769365
For all the flak Fallout 2 gets for its pop culture references (that were there in Fallout 1 as well), Fallout 2 really did a lot more for the world building that you see in New Vegas. The NCR and Enclave did a lot to shape the world of NV - A lot of the praise NV gets is directly thanks to Fallout 2. It also has a lot more content than Fallout 1.

That being said, play Fallout 1 first because the QoL improvements in Fallout 2 make it mechanically inferior and going back from a better system feels frustrating.
>>
File: pleased frogposter.png (67KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pleased frogposter.png
67KB, 1280x1280px
>>381769365
>mfw i got Fallout 1,2 and Tactics for free in GOG
>>
Why would you buy games from studios that no longer exist?
>>
>>381773286
dank meme
>>
I got Fallout 1 and 2 and am going to play them. I think I've seen people say get a bunch of agility for more actions?
>>
>>381769365
fallout 1 and 2 are shit games

3 is okay

nv is best in the series
>>
>>381770456
>>381771286
Why do you care Todd? you still receive money from any bought fallout game, regardless of who developed it.
>>
>>381773825
Yeah agility is nice. I'd say at least go for 8 for both the perks and AP. Remember you can get at least 1 agility point during the game when you take an implant. If you have fast shot trait and bonus rate of fire perk, you can attack ridiculous amount of times in one turn with high AP count.
In all honesty though, Fallout 1 and 2 were specifically designed to be able to be completed even with completely shit builds, so don't worry too much.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>381774050
>fallout 1 and 2 are shit games
>3 is okay
i wonder who could be behind this post...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.