[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: WellgroomedWarlikeGrayling.webm (1MB, 352x208px) Image search: [Google]
WellgroomedWarlikeGrayling.webm
1MB, 352x208px
why is this allowed?
>>
Because Nintendo owns Metroid 2 and can do with their property what they wish.
>>
AM2R is still better

inb4 shill horde
>>
File: 283321.png (375KB, 419x700px) Image search: [Google]
283321.png
375KB, 419x700px
>>381765494
>Nintendo making it more accurate to the original
What seems to be the problem?
>>
Metroid 2 was my first Metroid game and it made me think the whole series was garbage, I didn't give Super a try until the late 2000s
>>
>>381765659
thats why i made the thread

People jerk off AM2R when all the sprites outside of samus look like shitty PC online flash games
>>
>>381765494
AM2R missed a lot of tiny stuff like that.
A similar thing is how in the original you can leave any Metroid fight at any time, including the queen, and they don't chase you or anything. It's specifically showing that you are the aggressor killing them.
In AM2R there's several fights you aren't allowed to run away from, including the queen, where they'll run after you kind of missing the point.
>>
>>381766775
You're specifically shown to be the aggressor because you have to find them. They're hiding. It shows how desperate their situation is that every fight is to the death. If they'd just chill in the same spot letting you run in and out sporadically harassing them, well that doesn't make any sense. And it really makes the game less tense.
>>
>>381767234
REACHING
>>
>>381767759
"Missing the point" what a farce
>>
>>381768005
>>381767759
>>
>>381768241
Nice counter-counter-argument.
>>
>>381765494
I really don't understand what the AM2R devs were thinking here. It's something that they would have to go out of their way to change, yet they did it anyway for no reason.
>>
AM2R is overrated trash.
>>
>>381765494
I don't get it what did AM2R do wrong?
>>
>>381772038
AM2R has the boss pop straight out of the empty statue rather than have it chill where the power-up should be. Samus Returns copies AM2R's rendition instead of doing something similar to Metroid 2.
>>
>>381772183
>Samus Returns copies AM2R's rendition instead of doing something similar to Metroid 2.
look again
>>
>>381772183
are you blind? Samus returns copies Metroid 2
>>
>>381772183
Samus Returns remains faithful to the original. Arachnus is posing as the item sphere, then once it gets shot it jumps out and destroys the statue. It's not like in AM2R where Arachnus is hiding underneath the statue or whatever.
>>
>>381765494
You're a worthless autistic faggot nigger cunt
>>
this is a great day for nintenbros, can i get a woop woop? who else is excited for yet another remake in the age of remakes? oh thats right nobody, wake me up when a new game is announced
>>
>>381773084
Metroid Prime 4 was announced though
>>
>>381773907
im not excited for another halo game
>>
>>381765494
>the only non-metroid boss left on sr388 is some shitty ambush predator hiding for his life

the environmental storytelling in the original metroid 2 is really underrated
>>
>>381775446
Never realized that before. In hindsight, none of the life on SR388 were aggressive towards Samus. Metroids were the only predators left.
>>
>>381775446
I'm not sure how much of it was intentional, since I believe Metroid II was worked on by pretty much entirely independent staff, but I loved how Samus's mission on SR-388 was basically a role reversal of what happened to her on K-2L as a child. She wiped out the Metroid colony just like the space pirates wiped out her colony as a child. And the Queen Metroid gave her life to protect the baby Metroid just like Samus's mother gave her life to protect Samus. It explains why Samus spared the baby Metroid despite having a mission to eradicate the species and knowing first-hand the danger of Metroids, she saw part of herself in the baby Metroid. It also explains why she was so upset about its death during Other M.
>>
File: 131128-metroid2-052.gif (11KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
131128-metroid2-052.gif
11KB, 480x432px
>>381777174
>I'm not sure how much of it was intentional, since I believe Metroid II was worked on by pretty much entirely independent staff
I think a lot of it was intentional. Notice how the further you get into the game, the fewer non-metroid enemies you encounter. To the point where they become totally non-existent when you reach omega territory and the metroid nest.

One of my favorite moments in Metroid 2 is near the end when you reach the weapons storage area in the metroid nest. You have a series of rooms containing all of the weapons in the game, and all of them are intact except for the room containing the ice beam which has been trashed.

It tells you that whatever trashed that room was strong enough to destroy a chozo statue (this is the only broken one in the entire game), and smart enough to recognize what the ice beam is, and how it's a threat to it's offspring.

I miss it when Metroid games could say things like this without a single word, instead of relying on boring scan logs or bad cutscenes.
>>
File: Metroid 2 map.gif (503KB, 2523x2635px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid 2 map.gif
503KB, 2523x2635px
>>381778458
>One of my favorite moments in Metroid 2 is near the end when you reach the weapons storage area in the metroid nest. You have a series of rooms containing all of the weapons in the game, and all of them are intact except for the room containing the ice beam which has been trashed.
That's not quite right, is it? Take a look at the map, the cache of all the different beams is elsewhere.

That would have been fucking cool if they did that though.
>>
>>381778835
Its still at the entrance to the Nest, but sadly not in the Nest.
Its also the last area with non Metroid enemies
>>
>>381779429

If only that area were a little bigger.
>>
>>381778458
I believe the Ice Beam statue in the weapons tower was intact but the one outside of the Queen's nest was broken. A weird thing in AM2R was that they moved the position of the Ice Beam but they still left that broken Chozo statue there without it serving any purpose or meaning.
>>
>>381781414

AM2R didn't really understand the good parts of the original Metroid II. It certainly knew what sucked about it though.
>>
>>381765659
>more accurate
It's less accurate. The map is completely different.
>>
>>381766775
The only Metroid fight you're not allowed to run away from is the Queen fight.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
>>
>>381778835
It's not at the entrance at all. It's right in the middle of an area before the Nest.
>>
>>381775045
Ok. We'll never wake you up then. We have too many low-test faggots already
>>
>>381778458
Wow, you are really reaching.
>>
>>381783330
what are you talking about m8
>>
>>381765494
Because it's a Nintendo owned ip and a remake done right.
>>
>>381783050
He's talking about Arachnus, not the map design.
>>
>>381783150
That's literally the most important fight though. In the original, the Queen was just standing her ground, defending her last egg. Samus was free to leave via the bottom of the room and retreat. For whatever reason in AM2R, they made her just a generic bossfight that chases you down and moves further and further away from her egg. When you end up killing her, you then have to just backtrack for about 20 seconds just to get back to where the fight started. You can even spiderball over the Queen and skip the battle, which is stupid not only because the Queen has stopped defending her egg but also because Samus' mission is to eradicate all Metroids and she's just left something that can reproduce Metroids alone.
>>
>>381765606

You literally cannot prove that
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.