[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hype Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: steamhypelist.png (141KB, 957x406px) Image search: [Google]
steamhypelist.png
141KB, 957x406px
Post games you are hyped for and talk about them
Lets keep it as civilized as possible

I'll Start

>Dragonball FighterZ
>Hatashiai
>Scorn
>God of War
>Visage
>Call of Cthulhu
>Detroit Become Human
>pic related
>>
Battlefield WW2
>>
>>381761559
Pretty much Code Vein and Vita Rabi Ribi.

I liked God Eater and I'm hoping to find something like it in Code Vein. Haven't heard anything about who's doing the music, but I'd love the GE fella to come in. His style would definitely fit what I've seen so far.

Rabi Ribi because I want something relaxing with good music. I don't much care for the bunny suit, but I can look past it.
>>
>>381761919
shit I forgot all about Code Vein!
After finishing Bloodborne and its DLC I was really burnt out on souls-like games but hopefully Code Vein is good

I was looking at Rabi-Ribi on steam. Is it any good?
>>
>>381762075
I don't know how close it'll be to Souls-like games, but I believe they're not trying to make it super hard. Something to the extent of a challenge, but they're not going to try and "break the player's spirit."
It's got potential for sure, but I'm pretty wary. It might end up being bad, or not selling well due to the anime style.

>Is it any good?
I don't know, unfortunately I haven't played it yet. I hear good things and I know it's got good music, but I also hear that it's shameless fapbait.
I'm willing to give it a try though, even if only due to a lack of new games I want.
>>
>>381762369
I just hope Code Vein isn't as big of a let down as Nioh.

Fuck me I was so hyped for that game since it mixed 2 of my favorite things.
Souls-like gameplay and Japanese weaponry.
the combat was fun as hell but the bossfights were borderline unfair. the Guardian Spirit system was cool but the mission based gameplay and the bland killed it for me.
>>
>>381762697
bland story*
>>
>>381761559
niggerkiller 2 looks really cool
>>
Fortnite

if I can get my coop buddies on board
>>
>>381763087
Fortnite looks interesting but something about it is stopping me from caring much for it.

It's got a cool premise but im gonna wait that one out. See what it looks like on launch since the game was in development for a long ass time though the gameplay demos look very promising.
>>
>>381762697
>I just hope Code Vein isn't as big of a let down as Nioh.
I reckon it'll get shit on by people expecting a standard Souls game out of it, to be honest. Might not be what you're looking for.
Though It might very well end up being a great Souls-like game, diehard fans will rant regardless and I highly suspect that it won't be nearly as popular due to the anime artstyle.

Hopefully it'll be able to snag a decent amount of fans to warrant a sequel in any case, just like God Eater's relationship with Monster Hunter.
>>
Bannerlord is going to be the only good game on that list, I don't know why anyone would be excited for indie theme trash like agony and absolver and metro will be a huge disappointment
>>
File: 7dbffb772e1729f5049b8a1e7d83b7db.jpg (101KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7dbffb772e1729f5049b8a1e7d83b7db.jpg
101KB, 2048x1024px
>hype
>>
>>381763418
>I reckon it'll get shit on by people expecting a standard Souls game out of it
Oh hell yeah definitely, people will shit on it just for the sake of it. Oddly enough the anime art style is part of why im hyped for it.

Is God Eater good? There is one on steam I've considered getting but I haven;t looked much into it
>>
>>381763957
Agony won me over with its atmosphere and level design

Absolver has an awesome concept and it shows promise since its published by Devolver

Metro might actually be a disappointment but who knows
>>
>>381764079
>Is God Eater good?
It's worth it, if you want a Hunting game like MH. I'd say it's easily the second best of those types of games, for sure.

It gets a little too easy once you've got a great build going on (As in endgame gear and skills) and the story's fairly terrible, but the overall experience is good. Music is really great, Monsters are nicely designed and varied (though unfortunately not in their placement), characters are alright and it's very easy to manage everything in terms of items and menus.

You got a fair amount of customisation for your character and their weapons, along with changing skills for the NPC's you bring along.
Bullet customisation can be a lot of fun and is surprisingly in depth.
>>
>>381764612
Would it be a good game to play to get into MH games? I've never actually played them but I hear a lot of good things about them
>>
>>381765050
MH fans in general say it's a lot worse than their game, but I've never heard anyone say it's outright dreadful. Apart from the story and obvious shitposting anyway.
Wouldn't be a horrible starting place, really. God Eater fixes a lot of the slight annoyances you'll find in MH too, but in turn adds the same amount of other annoyances instead.
Going from one to the other might be very jarring, especially since they take very different approaches to the same general idea. (No invincibility frames in GE at all while MH focuses on them fairly heavily, radically different settings and attitude towards their setting, to name a few.)

Tl;dr It's fine to start from there, but I can't promise that you'll enjoy it or that you'll like MH if you do enjoy it.
I can only tell you that it's a solid game, and second only to MH in that particular breed of games.
>>
>>381765570
I might check it out before the sale ends since its the most accessible to me right now. Thanks for the insight
>>
>>381765980
It's cool, I was bored. Gotta get up at like 3am tomorrow though, so you're on your own now.

You should try and get Resurrection or Rage Burst, they're easily the best versions to get. Doesn't matter which, the story's barely connected.
I am also a huge fan, so it could be biased towards GE. I at least think both are great games with a bunch of flaws they should've noticed and fixed by now though.
>>
File: Shin-Megami-Tensei-277x190.jpg (12KB, 277x190px) Image search: [Google]
Shin-Megami-Tensei-277x190.jpg
12KB, 277x190px
Shin Megami Tensei V
>>
>>381761559
Crash Bandicoot next week
Peach Beach Splash
Ni No Kuni II
Most Switch releases
Probably a ton of other shit too.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.