[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Jade Empire any good? It looks like a KOTOR clone with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

So is Jade Empire any good? It looks like a KOTOR clone with fun combat. That alone makes me pretty interested.
>>
>>381761154
It's alright. I like it more than KOTOR.
>>
>>381761154
It's fun, but short.
>>
I played it some time ago on the xbox360 (it's one of the bc games) and it was complete unremarkable shit. I can't even remember anything about it other than the game being overall painfully mediocre garbage overhyped by xbox fanboys of the time.
>>
File: fever.jpg (113KB, 359x358px) Image search: [Google]
fever.jpg
113KB, 359x358px
>>381761154
It's a solid game, but also very clearly Bioware experimenting with action combat and setting is just Asian cliches and stereotypes piled together.
>>
its pretty fun

you at one point go to chinese heaven where scribes responsible for recording every event written get pissed at your party member for killing and raping too much (which gives them too much paperwork)
>>
File: 1345061396677.jpg (204KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1345061396677.jpg
204KB, 816x816px
>>381761154

>MFW Bioware actually spent the money to create a constructed language for the fictional Asians in this game

Oh bioware where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>381761154
>It looks like a KOTOR clone with fun combat
That pretty much sums it up. The story is way too predictable though.
>>
its fun but i felt the ai didn't know how to handle the jump over them so you can attack from, behind. then after i played it through once i tried it on jade master difficulty and it was the dumbest shit ever. that one girl that transform into a demon must have taken me 30 tries or more
>>
>>381762089

Have you played KOTOR? If so, what did you think of it in comparison?

>>381762195

Lel, that sounds pretty dope

>>381762345

What difficulty setting would you recommend then, to make it difficult but fair?
>>
>>381763329
on normal i breezed through, on jade master it felt like korean grind. maybe try hard. also depends on the character you pick. i think the fast one has it the hardest because he doesn't stun the enemies as much as the big guy or the girl does iirc
>>
>>381761154
It's fun, the story isn't bad and there are little to no wuxia RPGs so the ocidental setting is a breath of fresh air, I highly recommend at least trying it.
>>
>>381763818
oriental*
>>
>>381761154
First Bioware game I ever played, I think it is better than the atrocity that is kotor. However it's gameplay is still very simplistic and the morality system is very black and white just as with kotor. I liked the fantasy China universe an style though, wish it would get more expanded upon.
>>
It's a great game that should've gotten a sequel but sadly bioware went to the star wars route with mass effect after the bombed.
Also this was the last bioware game with nice decent looking women.
>>
>>381761154
Story is great and the gameplay is solid.

If you go Closed Fist you can be a real monster.
>>
It's a really great game that's painfully short. By the time you get comfortable with the combat and find your groove, the game is half over.
>>
>>381761154
It's alright and it has a pretty funny threesome option if you're a waifufag
>>
It has decent potential but squanders it all by essentially ending right when things start getting interesting

as a result it's blatantly unfinished and rushed
>>
>>381761154
I tried to like this game so many times...
>>
>>381761154
it's decent enough, just make sure to unlock the 30 fps limit, it makes the combat feel lot better on PC
>>
- really short
- combat feels clunky, and it'll take a while to get used to, during which the fights may be frustrating as hell
- once you learn the fighting proper, fighting becomes boring as hell
- morality is boring and even more black and white than kotor by a long shot
- sidequests are barely existant and mostly quite short, boring or give out prizes that don't make it worth the time and effort
- plane minigame is ultra terrible

+ story is cool
+ characters are mostly cool
+ scenery and especially the variety of it is really cool
+ the lotus assassin infiltration is pretty cool
+ it's fun to wreck absolutely everything with jade golem

Played it about 15 years ago and absolutely loved it. Replayed it like two months ago and didn't like it nearly as much as I remembered liking it.

All in all, it's a solid and decent, if not a good game. Nothing particularly special but certainly not shit either.
>>
>>381761154
>usual Bioware writing
>fun combat, especially for an RPG
>comfy SHMUP episodes
>very linear, one of the most linearly structured western RPGs i've played
>clearly there was a plan for a sequel
>clearly the large parts were cut
There, i tried to sum it up.
Speaking of JE, did anyone played
http://www.moddb.com/mods/jade-empire-in-style
?
>>
>>381761154
It's the only 3D BioWare game that lets you have a double romance.

No, it's not worth playing the game just for that.
>>
>>381761154
yeah it's a fun game, but the ending battle was really disapointing. I suggest it but don't expect a strong ending. The other problem is when chosen the evil route you act more like an asshole than evil.
>>
>>381766971
Pretty much this. There's new game plus, but you've already seen everything the game has to offer. I just wish that it had a little bit more content.
>>
>>381762198
gimmicks
>>
>>381769139
remember when they got John Cleese to do the voice of the English man you had to debate?
>>
honestly one of the most fun side quests was getting a husband for a retired mafia boss who scares all the eligible bachelors away
>>
>>381770345
I don't remember that one.
>>
File: 66666.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
66666.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
buying a 360 to play Baldur's 1-2, KOTOR 1-2 and Jade Empire soon
since some Anons mentioned it, just how good are the KOTOR games?
>>
>>381772409
You would be better off on PC, they will be cheap and kotor 2 has the restoration project. BG 1 and 2 on GoG with with Baldurs Gate trilogy mod is top tier. Also Dragon Age 1 is a noteworthy addition to that list
>>
>>381772409
Kotor games are top tier. Combat sucks with low level characters but beyond that, they're really good. First one is a comfy space adventure and the second one is much more mature though with almost identical gameplay.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.