[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KICKED FROM A RAID FOR TOO LOW DPS AGAIN WAAAAAAAAAAH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1433781850864.jpg (133KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
1433781850864.jpg
133KB, 780x818px
KICKED FROM A RAID FOR TOO LOW DPS AGAIN WAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: 1498105721272.jpg (54KB, 571x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498105721272.jpg
54KB, 571x500px
>>381759881
This is the worst feel desu
>playing wotlk ps
>icc
>lmao @ u suck
>>
become better
>>
>>381759881
Learn to faceroll faster
Seriously MMORPGS are just fucking stupid.
>>
>western mmos

lol
>>
File: 1487019778823.jpg (77KB, 626x628px) Image search: [Google]
1487019778823.jpg
77KB, 626x628px
>>381759881
>Never raid before
>got every high level equip from party dungeon
>see people needs tank
>"no bro, you ilvl is too low"
>"how do I get better gear then?"
>"raids or buy shit from AH and you need to learn the fights before we can take you"

fucking godamn catch-22s
>>
File: 1434897686849.png (178KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434897686849.png
178KB, 480x480px
>Bullied for dying as DRG in XIV again
evry tim it makes me cry
>>
>>381760395
>you need the full set that drop from the instance you want to play in to be accepted in it
>>
File: Pull the Pin.png (309KB, 994x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pull the Pin.png
309KB, 994x720px
>>381760395
>How do I get more gear
>Need to raid, duh
>THEN FUCKING LET ME GO WITH YOU NIGGER
I mean fuck, I hated that shit so much. Most of the time even fucking guildies wouldn't let me tag along, bunch of fucking dickheads.
>>
>lie about gear before il was a thing
>sneak into raids and hope they don't inspect me
>shit out terrible dps
>make it through like 2-3 bosses before they kick me
>just enough to grab some gear sometimes
I hate il i can't do this shit anymore.
>>
File: lmao.png (132KB, 214x210px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
132KB, 214x210px
The only time i ever got kicked from a raid was trying to blind-tank a boss that you kinda needed knowledge of. Git gud you fucking retard
>>
>>381759881
>you need raid drop gear to get to raid
>you need better gear that raid requires to get to raid
>you need to know tactics to get to raid
>your gear level needs to be level 950 to get to the raid, yours is 949.9, sorry
>you need to buy special items with real money or grind 24/7 to get to raid
>you need to play 24/7 to become skilled enough to get to raid
>you should have started playing 5 years ago and played 24/7 since then to get to raid
>oh this item? it was special drop back in good ol days, you can't get it anymore, hehe

and this is why I stopped playing these crap MMO games
>>
>FFXIV
>Be tank
>Join a dungeon
>5 minutes in
>They kick me for some reason
>Keeps happening at the same dungeon
>Quit the game and never go back
>>
>>381761887
Name 10 MMOs that do that
>>
>>381761994
Maybe because ur bad
>>
>>381762330
I'll admit, I have no real idea what I was doing. I was trying to lure enemies over to me by aggroing them and attacking them. Was that wrong?
>>
>>381762447
I have no idea but you obviously did something wrong if you were kicked multiple times.
>>
>>381762929
>Use the move that "aggros" mobs and lures them over to you
>Attack them
>Rush in and attack mobs too

That's pretty much all I did.
>>
>>381761994
>for some reason

Never heard of this happening to anyone I know. There's only one real reason I can think of for it happening, search within yourself.

Hint: It's not the fault of the community.
>>
>>381763042
You're trying to convince me and i don't know why. Why do you think you were kicked over and over? What's your theory?
>>
>>381763080
Who knows? Maybe it's because I really don't know enough about MMOs.
>>
The solution is to join a guild. It's harder than it sounds, but if you manage to find a guild with players who aren't autistic you'll have a good time.
>>
>>381763231
Probably because I don't know how to properly tank? Maybe they wanted a more experienced player?
>>
>>381763274
>join guild
>too afraid to socialize
>never get invited to raids
>never say a word
It's just like real life
>>
>tfw guildless pugger that keeps getting into every raid because I just don't slack off and let everyone else gear up ahead of me
>>
MMOs really need a "single player" mode. Make it so when you pick this mode, everything is balanced to be tackled by one player, or give them competent, A.I. team members.
>>
Back when cata was hard i was kicked out of heroic deadmines because i didnt have enough mana as a healer.
I even got expensive food buffs and flasks for my first hard cata heroic.
>>
>>381759881
t. doesnt use elitistjerks
or whatever replaced them
>>
>>381763359
>join 4chan guild
>never say a word
>always get invited to raids because there's no one else
>eventually make it to officer position
>>
>>381763298
Well there's your answer that's what i was trying to tell you. If you ever play an MMO again read the tool tips on your abilities or a short summery of what your suppose to do online, MMOs are pretty simple if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>381759881
>not using a dps bot
It's fucking 2017. Let the bot configure the best dps rotation for you and just don't stand in the fire.
>>
>>381759881
>kicked from a dungeon for low dps
>get frustrated and train like a motherfucker
>not a mouseclicker anymore
>get better items
>time later im in the top of the guild
Feels good.
>>
>>381763479
>4chan guild
I did that once, it was gross i'd rather pug and be alone. All they do is spam memes and circle jerk, this was in both WoW and XIV.
>>
>>381762447
Some people just assume every run must be a speed run, and if you can't do that you're wasting their time.
>>
>>381763486
Yeah, I might wait until Stormblood dies down a bit and rejoin, after I know what I'm doing.

>>381763580
I was pretty slow, because I was new and didn't know dungeon layouts.
>>
>>381760945
25 Lancer here, is DRG bad or something?
>>
Did I miss out by never playing mmos or were they actually shit like I always thought?
>>
>>381763274
>"looking for casual players"
>join guild
>3/346 online

>join guild
>"hey we need a tank"
>"I'm a tank"
>"great whats your ilvl"
>"uhhh.... 900"
>"sorry"

>"looking for hardcore pve/pvp players. ilvl 1000 or above"
>"Can I join? I'm pretty much dedicated 24/7 to this MMO and with time I'll get over 1000"
>"looking for hardcore pve/pvp players. ilvl 1000 or above"
>>
>>381762001
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_games
>>
>>381763402
>Massive Multiplayer games should focus on having single player options

Are you actually listening to yourself. If you don't want to play with people in an online focused game, pick another fucking game. It's like playing a racing game and complaining about the lack of combat.
>>
>>381763659
DRG is floortank

You have whole mechanics tied to animation locking yourself and launching yourself across the battlefield.
>>
>>381763931
I'm new and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I guess I should pick up Rogue->Ninja instead?
>>
>>381759881
It takes literally 5 seconds to Google the optimal rotation for your specific class.
>>
Isnt there a raid finder i just did loads of those and got carried, get the gear, within a few weeks had better shit than my guildies who were doing their special raids. "w-where did you get that gear anon", just reply guild im raiding, they were eternally blown the fuck out
>>
>>381764168
Just to add there was a mod i was using cant remember what but it found raids thst people wanted to do and people literally signed up and then did them, can be a shitfest sometimes but then sometimes you got carried got to see so many bosses that way my guild never would have seen, fucking cunts
>>
>>381764001
You can stick with DRG just expect to made fun of every single fucking time you die, this is how a normal run goes
>ninja dies 5 times, not a word
>drg dies once to mechanic
>LOLDRG sucks stop tanking the floor
>avoid shit you stupid drg
>why is it always drgs that die?
>ect.
It's a great class if you're a masochist
>>
>>381764001
oh nah it's just memes. Don't let some random asshole on the internet tell you what DPS to play. If you like LNC/DRG, play DRG. Square does a pretty good job making sure every DPS is relevant. The only place DPS tiers matter is speed clearing hardcore raid content. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>381764001
>I guess I should pick up Rogue->Ninja instead?

Unless you have good ping and are into casting spells through manual input I'd advise against it.
>>
Entitled fags like the people in this thread killed the genre.
>>
>>381760395
These demands for PUG raids are only made so it's easier to dillute people that want easy carry. Also the game shouldn't incentives high-end players to play old content so they can progress their characters even further.
>>
>>381764001

Just a dank maymay. DRG was real popular back in the day when ARR first came out. So we had hordes of bad DRGs dying to AOEs because muh melee-range all the time, and thus it became a meme.
>>
>>381761057
Ayy that's what happened in a /vg/ guild in TERA. Such good times, I ended up playing with pugs because they were less retarded.
>>
>>381763656
>slow tank in ff14

That's probably the reason. Nearly every dungeon I did from day one (as a healer mostly) was like a speed run. People expect you to know what to do and are willing to kick anyone sluggish sometimes. Tank is a lead role, so if you're slow from the start they'll pick up on it really quick.

Just a theory though, I quit a few months back cuz the game felt like a chore.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.