[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ust picked this up on steam. Having a lot of fun, this is what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: styx.jpg (345KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
styx.jpg
345KB, 460x215px
ust picked this up on steam. Having a lot of fun, this is what Thief 4 should have been. Anyone else pick this up? Is the next one worth getting now, or should I wait until it goes down a bit?
>>
It's okay. Glitchy as fuck at times though. Second one is abit disappointing because there's so much unused space.
>>
>>381755865
Why the fuck did you post this again you fucking imbecile?!
>>
Its more of the same with some polish to it, grab it if you need more sneaking about
>>
>>381756665
To discuss it?
>>
>>381755865
I just finished the second level. I'm loving the design and freedom you have crawling form place to place. A lot of the steam reviews complain about the difficulty but so far it seems very fair to me. I'm playing on goblin mode and the AI is pretty consistent.
>>
>>381757415
I found the pathing to be very free as to where you can go but the AI seems to be very rigid.
>>
A fucking swearing goblin, jesus what a shit game
>>
>>381757983
t. Inquisitor

>>381757415
Yeah, it's pretty underrated.

BTW, anyone artistically gifted enough to make a Styx Pepe?
>>
>>381755865
>>381757415
Level design is pretty damn good, and secondary objectives feel very good to get.
AI pathfinding can fuck up a lot if you disrupt them with a clone/alerting them, and the roabies are a nuisance to deal with every single time
Collecting ALL gold coins in a level is very fucking difficult and the reward is disproportionate, i'm more then halfway through the game and i've never managed to do it for an entire level, which already take a fucklong time to complete.
humor is pretty good, voice acting too, if only they had a couple more voices for the guards alert status.
Overall a pretty good game that could use some polish on the edges

8.5/10
>>
File: 6623563.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
6623563.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>Character looks cool
>Stealth game

Fugg, if this was a regular adventure game i would buy it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>381758230
I found 7 in the first area then died and lost them all. This game needs better checkpoints
>>
>>381758639
F5 for save F9 to load
yeah, those auto save are REALLY far apart
>>
>>381758639
You can save manually
>>
>>381755865
it's pretty good but not casual enough to go mainstream.
>>
>>381758975
>>381758991
Yeah, I have been starting to save manually after I find a new piece of those gold coins? Should I find them all? Are they worth it?
>>
>>381759203
Only if you're a completionist
It's been a while since I've played but I think I remember unlocking an ability to find them with amber vision which is good id you're having trouble
>>
>>381759203
I didn't. I tried to do the secondary objectives and the insignias but the coins always felt ubishitty to me. It's just mindless padding and you risk getting bored of the game because of them
>>
>>381755865
I picked up both on qbittorrent
It's really good, but rough around the edges.Collecting coins isn't worth the effort at all. I feel it would have made more sense if you could steal various trinkets and jewels to buy your equipment, with maybe an XP-bonus if you find all treasures like Thief did. That would make it more rewarding to explore the areas.
>>
>>381759203
As the other guy said, it's mostly for completionists.
most of the time you realize the path you took to "solve" a room wasn't good to take you to the coin, so you have to solve the room again just to get it.
The reward for it it's pretty minor, not killing people/not getting detected is good enough to give you plenty of points.
40 coins for a 1hour+ long level and if you miss one you don't get the reward? pretty shitty if you ask me, i personally keep my eyes open and get them if i happen to see them.

>>381759697
yeah, maybe if the reward was split between the areas (a forth of the reward if you get 10 coins in an area, and a little addition if you find 40)
Maybe even cosmetic changes to the goblin wouldn't have been too bad, a different glow colour when in the dark or something
>>
>>381755865
The biggest fault of this game is that some segments are just real ass to get by without enabling markers. The first time you go to that library is a real shitter. Like, I can excuse how you grab the side quest book, as I should've looked there more and could've seen the little glyph, but how the hell are you supposed to identify your contact from the rest of the mooks around there without a waypoint over him. I also feel like they could have done better to accentuate certain aspects of the map, as due to the linear nature and the presence of markers, it felt like there was no reason to really look into landmarks, as they were never really huge and you never really needed to look at them on the map menu to get your bearings.

I did love the way the game felt though. Styx has all the positives and negatives of being a sneaky guy his size.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.