[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just learned I have to wear glasses. I've been playing vidyia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: FeelsGood.jpg (106KB, 1036x701px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsGood.jpg
106KB, 1036x701px
Just learned I have to wear glasses. I've been playing vidyia since I was 12

Everyone around me is blaming vidya
>>
>>381755595
its probably just genetic mate

both my parents were wearing glasses by their mid-late twenties so im getting close to that point

i'll concede and say that screens probably dont help, but meh fuck em anyway man
>>
>>381755595
Everyone just blamed the fact I sat too close to the TV. Which I did.
>>
Had my prescription adjusted this year and asked the eye doctor if screens make your vision degrade. She said "no".
>>
There is no correlation between looking at a screen a lot and eye problems.

It's just a meme made up by mothers to stop their kids from watching TV and people fell for it.
>>
File: 1498202658279.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498202658279.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
A lot of it is down to genes. You should also sit at least arm's length away if you're using a monitor, and occasionally look away from the screen to readjust your eyes, or at least that's what the optician told me.

Still, that feeling of first putting on glasses and finally seeing the world in HD was a fantastic experience for me.
>>
>>381755595
I started wearing glasses when I was like 4, played an unhealthy amount of video games my entire life and my eyesight hasn't moved an inch
I just try to be careful with my brightness settings, I noticed that people usually don't touch those and it's fucking retarded, every time I take a look at a friend's laptop it's like staring at the sun
>>
>>381756953
>Still, that feeling of first putting on glasses and finally seeing the world in HD was a fantastic experience for me.

I wanted to kill myself the moment a girl I knew started laughing when she saw my glasses
>>
>>381756953
>Still, that feeling of first putting on glasses and finally seeing the world in HD was a fantastic experience for me.
Same

https://my.mixtape.moe/wfpxxe.mp4
>>
>>381755595
Nah, you have had eye disease since birth. I got my first glasses around age of 13, now at 30, my sight is a bit worse than then.
>>
Myopia is largely genetic and a combination of different genetic diseases.

Environmental effects are negligible unless you live next to radioactive waste. I've watched TV, played video games and read in the dark in cars throughout my entire childhood and my prescription is lower than people who haven't.
>>
>>381755595
How old are you now?
I've been staring at a monitor for as long as I can remember, my brother and dad both wear glasses, but I never needed them. and I'm 22 next week
>>
>>381756948
Probably along the same lines as the 'carrots make your vision improve' meme made up by WWII intelligence to prevent Germans from discovering radar.
>>
>>381755595

everyone around you is fucking stupid then
>>
>>381755595
It's literally just genetics, the most looking at screens/ reading in the dark or whatever the fuck is going to do to you is strain your eyes or give you a headache,
>>
>>381755595
it's genetics. everyone around you is probably a dumb thirdworlder.
>>
>>381757445
Don't carrots have a vitamin that is necessary for night vision or something?
>>
>>381755595
Looking at things close up for too long can strain your eyes but it wont change their shape
>>
>>381755595
Beeing playing vidya in the dark and reading in low lit contidtions all my life.
My vision is the best I have seen of anybody else in terms of sharpness and focus.
Only downside is that my red color perception is below average so if there is red/green in low light conditions, I can't tell the shit apart.

My point, using your eyes does not fuck them up. Direct sunlight on the other hand does
>>
File: 1498351325257.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1498351325257.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>Video games still arent that norm as books, movies, tv

Wahhh i hate new thing new thing bad and scary
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.