[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1492989009522.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492989009522.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>guy was tall enough to see every colossus die
>>
>>381755449
It was You because you made a deal with the devil into freeing his friends and that made you become a demon by the black tentacles that always cause you to black out. I mean Forbidden Land for a reason.

>You were raped every time you killed, by evil.
>>
I'm still not sure about how the Forbidden Lands work. I know Dormin was exiled there, but were the colossi already there? Or were they created with Dormin's essence already in them?
>>
>>381756593
>Or were they created with Dormin's essence already in them?
This, basically the colossi were an elaborate prison for Dormin. The point was they were huge destructive monsters that could only be killed by a magic sword, idea being even if someone decided they wanted to free Dormin it'd be crazy hard to do.
>>
>>381755449
Man the camera was wonky times but it got really cinematic when things go right
>>
>>381755449
Dormin never lied to Wanderer and did his part.
So if anyone was in the wrong, definitively not him.
>>
>>381756760

So the colossi are sentient beings with his essence on top of that? Because if Dormin was in control I'd imagine he'd let wander up there and just stab the mega man weakness so he can get out immediately
>>
>>381757102
>So the colossi are sentient beings with his essence on top of that?
Kinda, think of them as golems. They were created to guard Dormin's essence and act in accordance with that purpose. They also have different personalities and functions within each of their zones.

The Colossi themselves are basically giant magic rock robots, they were created to defend the essence within them.
>>
>>381757102
Colossi are "living" boxes storing Dormin essence
>>
>>381757291

Their environments look like they've been lived in for hundreds of years, though. Not to mention the arenas were clearly man-made and customized to each colossus.

That goes for the Shrine, too. Like the colossi exist in that world, and the magic owl people reappropriated it by making it a prison.
>>
>>381756941
This, as far as deals with the devil go, Dormin was really surprisingly all right. He warned Wander how will it end for him and even after he died he kept his part of the bargain.
>>381755449
Any theories about why the colossi have pieces of architecture merged with their biological bodies? It's not like they're animated buildings, since they still have fur and skin and shit.
>>
>>381756941
>>381757503
That's what I love about the ending, Dormin never technically lied. In fact, the gender duality of his voice became exclusively male afterwards and the female part dropped off. This implies that reviving the girl probably came at a cost to him, so not only did he properly warn Wandir or the risk and keep his deal but he did it at a cost to himself. All of this, and he wasn't required to do any of it.

Dormin was the coolest guy
>>
>>381757473
>Like the colossi exist in that world
how is gods earth will they seal Dormin parts in teh collossi in 1st place??

More like the colossi were "made" based on the environment around em
>>
What the fuck did Dormin even do?
>>
>>381757683
Basically he was a less funny Aku from Samurai Jack.
>>
>>381756313
Except for the ones underground, or ones behind a mountain wall, or ones inside buildings... How many colossi did he even line of sight to?
>>
>>381758638
Phalanx definitely. Remember that they shoot a light beam into the sky why they die, he could definitely see those.
>>
>>381758638
he could see the light beacons at least
>>
>hurr durr just shoot an arrow at his shoulder which has never previously shown to be effective at doing anything xDDD
epic game design
>>
>>381755449
>That OST combined with the rain

Atmosphere anyone?
>>
>>381759323
Eh, I don't know, I really like the soundtrack of SotC, but this final battle track really didn't do that for me. I know it was supposed to be sad and atmospheric and whatnot, but I just somehow didn't feel it, would prefer them to go with the original, more action like one they had prepared for it. Also falling from this fucker an endless number of times and having to start again probably didn't help in feeling muh feels.
>>
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I wish Wander was the only person you saw in the game (aside from Mono). I thought the ending was pretty lame as a result; it really spoiled the sense of isolation.
>>
>>381760508

You see the other people throughout the game, not just at the end.

I think it was necessary to really make you feel the weight of what you were doing. As it stands who knows what would've happened had it been just you and Dormin. What would be the scenario where he's released and you're left a monster with the woman you love slowly waking up to find you in that state?
>>
>>381760508
The whole point is the urgency of the situation.
They were being hunted down not only for the sword he stole but also because Mono was a sacrifice of some sort. So the hunting party is fundamental to the story.
>>
>>381760508
Maybe not exactly that, but I think that Forgotten Lands should be much harder to reach than just having a horse ride to the entry gate. With how dreamy and unreal this place felt, I feel that that it should be impossible get to through normal means of travel.
>>
>>381757503
>>381757591
I mean dormin did also curse Wander's/Ico's tribe
>>
>>381761050
I wouldn't say 'curse' but left some of his essence within them, it's only when they became isolated because of the horns did it really seem a curse.
>>
>>381760767
Now that you described it, perhaps an ending like that would prove to be unsatisfying. Maybe that weight was something I looked over.
>>
>>381756313
you do know the colossus were just sealed fragments of dormin, right?
>>
>>381761537

I know they house Dormin, but if they were just prisons, why do they fight back? Or wince in pain?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.