[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Prey_social.png (759KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_social.png
759KB, 1920x1080px
so why is this game complete garbage. I've played 30 minutes of it and I already feel like returning it. ps4 by the way

>the sensitivity is either too high or too low
>small spiders move around so quickly that the foam gun doesnt even work on them.
>takes multiple shots to get the aliens stuck.
>wrench does zero damage
>enemies do a billion damage to you.
>>
B-but Toonami gave it an 8/10
>>
>>381743571
>ps4 by the way

Because the game was designed for a mouse
>>
Why are you even using the Gloo Gun? And you're retarded about the wrench. You can easily one shot phantoms with the wrench and it's the best weapon to take out generic mimics.
>>
Make sure to actu ally move and hold your attacks.
Also the game is really fucking hard, so don't worry about dying a lot, just learn to use other options on how to deal with getting to your goal.
Save your gloo gun for later in the game when you actually need it.
>>
>>381743852
This.
People still buy first person games for consoles what the actual fuck.
>>
>>381743571
>so why is this game complete garbage.
Because it's nu-arkane. Refund this garbage asap.
>>
>>381743571
replay undertale or something nu-male
>>
>>381743571
Yeah, I preordered it on xbone and hated it after about an hour. Terrible and hard to play game, put it on ebay, but still hasn't sold. It's nothing like Bioshock which critics said it was.
>>
File: 1489854562379.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1489854562379.gif
458KB, 256x256px
Not sure if judging it by only 30 minutes playtime is the right thing to do, that's like dropping Deus Ex at Liberty Island.
>>
>>381743571
>basically whining about his shitty skill
>>
>>381743571
From what I've played so far, Prey is a pretty good game, but...

Playing on hard was a fucking mistake. The game is way, WAY too poorly balanced. The basic mimics fucking 3-4 shot you and phantoms 2 shot. That's not a challenge, that's bullshit. I just have to spam quicksave every time I blink so I'm prepared when I get gibbed by a Mimic disguised as an under-desk cum stain.
>>
>>381745974
The game really is boring until you start getting weapons and powers. The demo they released doesn't do it justice, in fact it harms
>>
Almost all of your complaints is fixed with a keyboard and mouse, nerd
>>
>>381743852
Yep, this. I tried playing it (on PC) with an XBone ctrl, then the Steam Ctrl, then gave up and played it with m+kb.
>>
>>381745867
It's exactly like bioshock. Play the fucking game nigger, not just the intro.
>>
>>
File: 235.jpg (20KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
20KB, 450x253px
>>381743571

>playing an FPS on console

This is like the most retarded shit ever. Makes me laugh every time. Never gets old.
>>
>>381743571
All of those issues are rectified by getting good.
But it is pretty shitty that the sensitivity options are sparse. They should have made it a slider.
>>
>>381743571
Controls were clunky for me, and that was on pc, and the learning curve was pretty steep. But after you get a few weapons and powers (agility boosts), it really picks up
>>
Just the fact that the console version of this game is so shit makes me wanna play it more.
>>
>>381743571
>literally can't play the game because you can't aim fast enough with a controller

LOL

why the fuck do people buy fps games on consoles again
>>
>>381745867
>Terrible and hard to play game,

oh my god, /v/ is now full of people who literally can't handle meleeing the introductory monsters in an fps game designed for computer

this is how low we've sunk, i'm 35 and have a disabled/crippled right handle and this game is not hard whatsoever btw you are just bad.
>>
>>381747419
>But it is pretty shitty that the sensitivity options are sparse. They should have made it a slider.

there are like five fucking sensitivity options to control horizontal and vertical independently etc, it is a slider, he's literally just bad
>>
>>381745867
The game is literally Bioshock by Bethesda.
Althou its closer to system shock 2 because it has an inventory and skill trees.
And unlike system shock you can do different builds and play styles.

Even the way you research enemies is the same.
>>
>>381743571
so is this just prey turned into bioshock or what
>>
>>381748078
doesn't feel a ton like bioshock to me. its like bioshock + system shock 2 i guess. It's a better game, by far, than bioshock was
>>
File: crying_indian.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
crying_indian.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>there will never be a true sequel to Prey 2006
>>
>>381748250
Sure buddy.

>>381747367
>>
Is the PS4 version worth getting? I really want to play this game but my computer can't handle it. Newegg has it for $36 right now, should I do it?
>>
>>381743571

>playing on consoles
>in year of our lord 2017

uncut master race
>>
>>381748526
No, it runs like shit and also plays like shit with a controller, you're out of luck.
>>
>>381748526
i bet your computer can handle it

no, do not buy pc fps games on console. this is not a console fps game it is a pc fps game it expects you to be able to aim quickly as other people said
>>
>>381748678
>>381748696
Thanks anons, I guess I can wait
>>
>>381743571
>ps4 by the way
There's your issue.
>>
>>381743571
>I don't know how to charge the wrench to do decent damage
>I don't hold fire on an enemy until the GLOO actually sticks them
>I keep wasting GLOO on mimics instead of just wrenching them
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.