[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Black Desert Online install a rootkit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (36KB, 625x404px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 625x404px
Does Black Desert Online install a rootkit?
>>
Probably
>>
>>381738627
Basically. But it's a good rootkit and you should be glad to have it on your machine! Pay no heed to the fact that it doesn't actually prevent cheating.
>>
I am pissed off. If you faggots don't blow this THE FUCK UP like you did when Street Fighter V installed a root kit, I quit playing videogames forever.
>>
ye i hit play my screen went black it piss
>>
File: 1497478252364.png (580KB, 1267x887px) Image search: [Google]
1497478252364.png
580KB, 1267x887px
>>381738627
HOLY SHIT.

YOU MEAN IVE HAD A ROOTKIT ON MY PC FOR ALMOST 2 WHOLE FUCKING YEARS?
>>
only autists care about this type of shit
>>
>>381738627
let me guess, you fear that your information that was already stolen by somebody else get stolen again?
>>
>JUST BEND OVER AND BE FUCKED AGAIN
>IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE WHY DO YOU CARE
>ONLY FAGS CARE ABOUT THIS
Now that that's out of the way
>>
Warthunder does this exact same thing, installs literal malware 'anticheat' which you CAN NOT remove through normal means. You can see it scanning your memory in resource manager after the game is uninstalled.
>>
>>381740136
>Street Fighter V installed a root kit
does it?
where is it so i can remove it
>>
>>381740136
Lmao this isn't reddit kappas autismal target, you won't hear shit about this.

People are hypocrite parrots about issues like these.
>>
>>381738627
Same happens with EasyAntiCheat on Rising Storm 2, you gotta manually delete it from sys32 and similar maps.
>>
>>381740868
It had that for a day a year ago but it was removed the same day
>>
>play shitty gook pay to play pay to win grind em up
>it also spies on you for the party

I hate to victim blame here but you basically deserve it
>>
>>381740868
It did but they immediately removed it within a day after massive backlash.
>>
>>381740868
They reverted the patch that had it after a couple of days.
>>
War Thunder
BDO

What other games do this shit?
>>
>>381740717
Wait are you serious?, Did i have a rootkit for over 1 and a half years?
>>
>>381741214
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5nfpa5/psa_warthunder_installs_a_malware_like_program_on/
>>
>>381738627
So how do you remove it?
>>
>>381738627
Anticheat software that basically acts and works like any other anticheat or av. Memes.
>>
>>381741204
>>381740717
Oh shit, how do i remove it?
>>
>>381741340

I still remember PunkBuster motherfucker. NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>381741043
>>381741078
>>381741161
thanks guys
>>
>>381741416
Punkbuster, the anti-cheat that fucked literally everyone BUT the cheaters. Punkbuster, for when the server admin doesn't actually play the game, so nobody else should either!
>>
>>381738627
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, and it installs two. First is XIGNCODE, their anti-cheating software which uses a rootkit to make it a pain in the ass to get rid of, and scans your file system every time you boot the game and reports every keystroke and action you take while the game is open. The second rootkit is a bitcoin miner that is active when the game is open, which is why it incentivizes you to keep it open 24/7.
>>
File: xincode3 art.png (21KB, 176x255px) Image search: [Google]
xincode3 art.png
21KB, 176x255px
blade and soul has this xigncode shit as well

stopped playing that shit the moment i saw this pop up
>>
>>381740136
>>381738627
>ffxiv shill buttmad his game is selling like shit
>>
File: 1439674380989.jpg (33KB, 410x422px) Image search: [Google]
1439674380989.jpg
33KB, 410x422px
>>381742108
how do you remove them?
>>
>>381742663
The bitcoin miner rootkit removes with game uninstallation.

The XIGNCODE rootkit is a little more complicated.

Step 1. Go to C:\Windows\ or wherever you have your OS. Look for a file called 'xhunter1.sys'. Delete it.

Step 2. Open regedit with admin permissions. Use Find to search for a key called 'xhunter'. Right click the key, go to Permissions -> Advanced -> Owner, change the owner to your profile that you are on. Then go back to the permissions tab (while still in the advanced window), and give yourself full permissions. Then you can right click and delete the xhunter registry entry.

You have to jump through those hoops because XIGN sets its registry entry as 'view only' for every profile so you can't fuck with it. Fags.
>>
I got banned from a game the other day just for opening IDA. Didn't even attach or anything. Meanwhile hordes of bots run rampant. These Korean anticheats are fucking stupid, since they're more meant to keep gooks from getting their shit keylogged in their PC bangs than actually stopping cheaters. They might as well just remove them for the international release.
>>
File: 1475543021559.jpg (116KB, 559x389px) Image search: [Google]
1475543021559.jpg
116KB, 559x389px
Did the capcom shills defend the rootkit as hard as BDO tards? Like every post I see talking about the rootkits are literally WELL THE GUBMENT SPYS ON US SO THIS DOESNT MATTER and ITS ONLY ON WHEN THE GAME IS ON SO ITS OK oh and also >>381742646
>>
why does steam allow this
>>
>>381738627
>rootkit?
No. Xigncode is not a rootkit. It doesn't create an opening to a lower level the likes of which CAPCOM.SYS did for that one day Street Fighter V had it before it was rolled back.

It doesn't upload anything to anywhere. Zero network traffic comes from it moments after the launcher closes and the game starts.
It looks over the files you accessed and programs you have running (which is something a shitload of programs do) to see if it finds some obvious cheats. It does it poorly. It's no more effective than old shit like Punkbuster in detecting hacks.

It tracks inputs but it doesn't record nor send them to anyone. It's just a really shitty attempt at detecting macros, erratic mouse movements and things attempting to manipulate the game on the client side, which it fails at because it has to be so lenient as to not tag legit players with false positives.
The shit left behind in registry is shit any uninstalled program does. xigncode doesn't do anything unless the game is running.
And no, it's not a bitcoin miner, again, there is absolutely zero network traffic that comes from the service.

This is just a bunch of bullshit that started from cheat forums.
>>
>>381743149
SFV players got the rootkit removed in less than a day.
There was a proper uproar.
>>
>>381742481
I don't remember anything like that when i played, but that was years ago. Perhaps they added the anticheat months after release?
>>
>>381744309
yea they switched theyre anti cheat program recently
>>
BDO is pay-to-win, don't give a shit about it anyway.
>>
>>381742646
I wish I didn't have 2.5k login queues every time I get disconnected.
>>
>>381743897
It's designed to work with the game so even if there is no networks traffic from the malware itself it can be writing files for the game to send home hidden in innocent-looking game traffic.
>>
>>381743897
And /v/ BTFO per norm.
>>
>>381745776
transfer off of balmung you degenerate
>>
File: 1489960488645.jpg (25KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
1489960488645.jpg
25KB, 298x279px
>>381742663
>rootkit
>you can delete it
>>
>>381741337
It says in the picture, you have to manually delete the registry entry and all directories. Or you could use something like revo uninstaller.
>>
xigncode isn't a fucking rootkit you god damn retards
>>
>YOU HAVE TO DELETE THE REGISTRY ENTRIES!!!!

Why do people keep saying this do none of you know what the registry is

delete the fucking executable off the hard drive and the program is gone the registry is not an executable
>>
>>381742108
>uses a rootkit to make it a pain in the ass to get rid of

>delete directory off hard drive
>program is now gone

tell me where the rootkit was

tell me what a rootkid is, actually.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.