[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently downloading Witcher 3. First playing what should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
Currently downloading Witcher 3. First playing what should I expect?
Beginner tips?
>>
First time*
>>
>>381727756
Play using mouse and keyboard controls
>>
>>381727756
The game will play itself if you use your first skill point to buy the gourmet perk. It makes alchemy obsolete.

Sign intensity doesn't do anything unless you have a TON of it. Don't bother investing any points into upgrading signs. Just sink points into combat and alchemy (and general if you see something fun that you want).

Runes and glyphs do next to nothing. Don't waste too much of your time and money on them.
>>
>Loot every plant, alchemy ingredient, and crafting item you find
>Dismantle animal pelts, anything that has silver, iron or steel. Everything else sell it
>Find the witcher gear treasure maps
>Don't buy shit for your horse and instead win gear for it by doing races
>Buy the white gull manuscript early in the game to save yourself from frustration later on in the game
>Finally be supportive of your Daughterfu
>>
>>381728474
What are the best alchemy skills anon?
I fell for the sign meme thinking I could be a wizard but its clearly not as useful as I thought it was except maybe quen and the axii dialog
>>
>>381727756
Don't use Quen as a crutch in combat, it'll slow down fights and make them dull.
>>
>>381729469
You're on the right path by using Quen. This sign is good without ANY upgrades. Sign intensity scales with Quen probably the lowest of any sign which is good because I said to not put points in the sign tree. Just refresh Quen as a one-hit shield.

I can't say what the best alchemy perks are because I don't use potions. The only one I use is the one that increases the power of mutagens by 10% (up to a maximum of 50%). I know a lot of people grab the one that increases maximum toxicity based on how many formulas you know.
>>
>>381727756

combat wise pretty much what >>381728474 said

Gourmet is OP and you should use it always, combat and alchemy are the best

as far as the story goes just play it out and make your choices because there are really no "Good" choice ,.. almost every choice is gray

without getting into spoilers the quick choices are HUGE and effect the endings so beware of that

and you can fail quests but that's fine and okay

also don't forgot to have fun
>>
>>381729469
Acquired Tolerance ,Tissue Transmutation and
Endure Pain turn you into a fucking tank
>>
>>381728474
>gourmet perk

This skill doesn't even exist in the game for me, looked it up and apparently some other people have the same issue...weird
>>
>>381727926
>>381728474
>>381729230
>>381729562
>>381729882
>>381729908
forget this garbage

play on the easiest difficulty, the combat is complete shit and the encounters should be as short as possible or you wont have fun

I know because I beat the game on death march
>>
>>381727756
>what should I expect?

A good world with awfully mediocre combat that just drags the whole experience down. I hope you didn't fall for the hype, anon.
>>
File: shhh kid.png (211KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
shhh kid.png
211KB, 368x469px
>>381729908
There's that "f" word...

...but seriously him and I are giving you good tips.

Also this >>381730087
>>
>>381727756

>what should I expect?

Absolutely nothing from the combat. If you really want to enjoy it, play it like an interactive episode of game of thrones and just enjoy the mature story for mature adults. The combat is just a clunky arkham asylum with no counter attack exploit to fast forward to the tolerable parts of the game. If you can cancel that download now or refund your purchase I would recommend that instead.
>>
>>381730159
It's part of one of the many free dlcs for the game.
>>
>>381730159
I think it was added with the Blood and Wine DLC.
>>
File: 1489694092031.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489694092031.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>381727756
>what should I expect
Not an rpg.

Boring story until you do the blood and wine expansion.

oh, and undeservedly arrogant devs who shill and like to pretend they're pro-consumer.
>>
>>381727756
Loot everything and complete every side quest in White Orchard (the first area you start out in) I found out in my second playthrough there is nearly all the oil diagrams and some decent armor to start with just laying around. Helps the playablility of the rest of the game.
>>
>>381727756
Start on death march, at first is really hard but otherwise later it's too easy.
Imo it's one of the best games i've ever played, i hadn't had any fun for a long time until i played that game.
>>
>>381727756
>what should I expect

Terrible combat, but great world to explore.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.