[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which games /v/ would recommend to a 5 year old kid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: anime girl thinking 3.jpg (22KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl thinking 3.jpg
22KB, 240x320px
Which games /v/ would recommend to a 5 year old kid?
>>
I'd recommend to just go wild and post on /v/ since apparently that's what this board is right now.
>>
>>381722608
Thanks reddit
>>
>>381722451
dark souls. gotta introduce them to reality early on.
>>
File: 1495648609246.png (133KB, 331x265px) Image search: [Google]
1495648609246.png
133KB, 331x265px
Most Nintendo franchises are good. Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, stuff like that. Most of those games are simple to grasp but are still entertaining for any age. Especially ones from the SNES era. Also, if the kid isn't the type to go full-blown autismo obsession, Minecraft is unironically a good game for kids. Lots of creative opportunities, exploration, and lots of depth if you don't just go off the wiki list of item recipes. Just avoid online shit, stick with singleplayer.

If the kid is a bit smarter, maybe even some older RPGs. Shit like Chrono Trigger and Paper Mario are super super simple and are obviously classics in their genre. Managing items, stats, and figuring out where to go through the story would definitely help a kid work on critical thinking skills.

Generally just avoid stuff that is hyper-stimulating for the sake of it. Kids at that age already have brains going a mile a minute, trying to process new information and ideas. Giving them something that's just focused on constant stimuli with explosions and action isn't a great way to start. Funnily enough, shit that /v/ tends to hate falls under that. Online casual shooters, mobile games, and Minecraft multiplayer all fall under that. Avoid that shit and you're golden.
>>
Kirby
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.