[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some video games that actually pushed consoles to the max?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: donkey-kong-64.jpg (239KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
donkey-kong-64.jpg
239KB, 1000x500px
what are some video games that actually pushed consoles to the max?
>>
pong
>>
now any budget walmart machine can run it
>>
not donkey kong 64 thats for sure

starfox 64 took the n64 to its limits
>>
I remember being amazed by this
https://youtu.be/F-HR6Q6hxdE
>>
>>381715704
That game definitely didn't. It only included the expansion pack because the game had a gamebreaking bug they couldn't figure out the cause of, and it never occurred when an expansion pack was installed. Wonder if anyone ever figured out what the glitch was. I heard including the pack lost them a fuckload of money on the game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCsWp-7pa4
>>
File: SX4E01-1326.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SX4E01-1326.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
Emulated shot and all but it's still fucking impressive. If you'd time travel to 2006 and show some outdoors gameplay they would say it's an X360 game. Some indoors areas like Ether Mine are pure wii grafix though.
>>
File: CHUNKY.png (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
CHUNKY.png
68KB, 500x375px
>>381716074
>>381716278
>people can't recognize video game kino
>>
it didnt need the expansion pak because it was some huge console pushing game retard. it fixed some bug they didn't understand and it was too late to cancel the game and it had to ship so they packed it in.
>>
>>381716370
The character model makes it look like a late ps2 game.
>>
>>381715704
Shadow of the Colossus
>>
Had you posted Donkey Kong Country I probably would've agreed with that, but if you're looking for games that pushed then N64 then you should be looking at rare's other titles, stuff like Perfect Dark or Conker's Bad Fur Day fit the bill a lot better.
>>
>>381716379
Pushing a system to its limits is a purely technical thing. DK64 wasn't nearly on the level of later games.
>>
File: Hxya7djO_400x400.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hxya7djO_400x400.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
Breath of the Wild
>>
>>381716379
Shut the fuck up you unfunny loser
>>
Megaman 6
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Snes)
DK64
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Shadow of The Colossus
Half Life 2 (Xbox)
Uncharted 3
Halo 4
Probably Mario Galaxy 2
>>
>>381716902
nice projecting m8
>>
>>381717487
you're so obviously a redditor the way you're throwing around and misusing these words
fucking neck yourself you moron
>>
>>381717573
nice reddit spacing
>>
>>381717652
>another term he uses incorrectly
kill yourself, i'm being serious
>>
>>381717956
Go back to rwddit XD
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.