[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this even fucking possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

File: Horizon vs Zelda.png (813KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon vs Zelda.png
813KB, 1024x576px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ&t=104s
>>
>>381712464
One game focused on attention to detail, the other focused on a cinematic experience.
>>
File: open world meme.jpg (123KB, 705x799px) Image search: [Google]
open world meme.jpg
123KB, 705x799px
>>381712464
>>
>>381712596
>One game focused on attention to detail,

that's bullshit. zelda was made exactly because they didn't have to bother with the detail of a real HD game. nintendo -one of the richest gaming companies- is cheating by staying one gen behind and having development on easy mode compared to everyone else. we are literally judging them by indie standards "it's all about the gameplay"
>>
>>381712853
So what you're saying is that chasing the most beautiful HD graphics is just pointlessly bloating budgets and dev times for superficial elements while producing lower-par games?
>>
>>381712853
that's a dumb excuse, Sony having a more powerful console should allow for an even more detailed world
>>
File: my_trap_card.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
my_trap_card.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
>>381712853
I kept my description of the games vague for a reason. Because you immediately associated BoTW to attention to detail means that deep down you acknowledge it as so.
>>
>>381712853
It doesn't matter how detailed your grass is, if it clips through you, it's a PS1 game.
>>
>>381713069
It's interesting how interactivity has consistently been better received and more impressive than graphical fidelity, going back to like Half-Life nearly 20 years ago, and people still haven't picked up on this.
>>
>>381714517
Normalfags only care about MUH GRAPHICS
>>
>>381714517
Not all that interesting. Markets are driven by appealing to idiots with flashy details and buzzwords. Cars often focus more on advertising "horsepower" and shit (which doesn't matter for shit when you're stuck in rush hour gridlock) than actually useful safety features and durability.

Same thing for video games. Graphics will always be what the gullible consumer with disposable income goes for, because it makes it easier to take beautiful bullshots you can post to your twitter or Facebook to impress all your normie friends with.
>>
>>381714746
I don't think that's true though. IIRC Half-Life 2 sold a lot more than Doom 3. It's developers focusing on the wrong things.
>>
>>381715321
I'll be honest, back then I Half-Life 2 because HL1 mods were fantastic. I didn't even care for the singleplayers of either games.
>>
File: interactive environment.webm (3MB, 848x468px) Image search: [Google]
interactive environment.webm
3MB, 848x468px
>>381714517
How interactive environment works on each platform:

Switch:
>Hey look its a cel shaded tree. You can freely cut it down, it becomes a physics log you can hurl at enemies, use to build a bridge, chop up for firewood.
>Its totally freeform, if you cut it down at the wrong angle to make a bridge, you fall to your death. Literally every tree in interactive in any way you want.
>You can light grass on fire, use the fire to ignite your arrows or create dynamic wind updrafts for your glider
>You can roll a boulder down a hill to crush enemies below you. You can levitate a treasure box and smash it into bokoblins to knock them over

PS4:
>Walk nathan drake towards the tree thats lit up and has an indicator hovering over it on the HUD and a line painted on the ground for you to follow
>A cutscene follows where he says gee this tree might be cut down
>QTE ensues, rapidly smash triangle button to cut down the tree before the bad guys reach you!
>*tree falls perfectly into place in prerendered scene*
>nathan drake quips a wisecrack about trees falling, walks over it without player input
>no other tree in the entire game is interactive
>the grass is just visual fluff
>after walking over the log, he somehow clips through the ground, falls 500 feet into a black abyss and the game crashes

PC:
>hey guys check out this nose hair simulator deck demo!!!
>it renders nose hairs at 4k resolution with up to 300 triangles for each hair
>nose hairs deform and react in real time to a finger brushing up against them
>game? no this is just a tech demo, imagine the possibilities if it ever became a game XD
>please give us kickstarter money so we can make a nose picking simulator game
>>
>>381713070
>Sony having a more powerful console should allow for an even more detailed world

I know this is latin america hours but thats retarded even for you people. detailed world need a lot of man hours that nintendo doesn't want to pay for.
>>
>>381715951
>detail needs a lot of work
>nintendo will not pay for such work
>yet, nintendo has the more detailed game
>on an underpowered console

mmmmmm
>>
>>381715641
>nose picking simulator game

I might play that
>>
File: 1486782213329.jpg (179KB, 401x628px) Image search: [Google]
1486782213329.jpg
179KB, 401x628px
>>381712464
fuck you and the retarded shit you idiots post im getting zelda and i have horizon fuck your vs shit you fuck
>>
>cutting trees in Minecraft
LOL FUCKING GAY ASS FAGGOT FARMER GAME
>cutting trees in Zelda 34239058: Rezelding
1000/10 Nintendo brought another revolution! Best open world to date cause you can cut trees!
>>
>>381712464
HZD has better graphics
BotW has better physics and interaction
>>
File: SE.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SE.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>381715641
PC
>here's the Universe simulator
>>
>>381715641
You didn't see how in horizon you could just run down the trees with your horsey mount.
Also ignoring that normal humans can't take down a tree in less than 10 seconds so why the fuck would they implement a tree chopping simulator in their game?
Zelda isn't about being realistic, it is about doing mundane work all the time.
>>
>attention to detail
>game looks like complete ass
>runs like shit
>inferior console has better fps
>all open world is copypasted encounters
>muh puzzles that dont fit world at all
>muh 10 years in development for 5 dungeons

and ill spoil it for you, why you try so hard to defend zelda..

japanese companies can't do good games, they, like their entire culture is over saturated but oyu know what they do? they put window dressing, little quirky shit, and try to appease to the little weeb bitch you are, and you fall for it

and no matter how much you try to pretend its not, all the frills, TECHNOLOGY, and fan service, you have the most watered down generic open world game imaginable that we've all experienced 100x before it, like all of japan, their culture is not about substance, but dressing up the most boring ass shit and making it seem fun, its not, you're just disillusioned

and fuck, they cant even get the most generic parts of the game right

the loot system
the weapon degradation
the CORE ASPECTS OF ZELDA like fucking ITEMS you would find in zelda games, you got the most watered down tools and you fucking idiots worshipped it, tried to make memes because muh physics , but its very much the worst zelda game ever made
>>
File: 9183743.jpg (46KB, 300x405px) Image search: [Google]
9183743.jpg
46KB, 300x405px
>>381716861
BTFO
>>
>>381717891
>Zelda isn't about being realistic, it is about doing mundane work all the time.
This. BotW is just a bunch of boring ass chores, not really any different from the past recent Zelda games where you aimlessly wander, cut grass and collect junk more than you do any adventuring.
>>
>>381712853
If anything Nintendo is doing it right. Why in the fuck should we as consumers want games that push for "real hd games" when the result is a worse game? Good games are good regardless of graphics, so the fact HZD tried to benchmark itself on it's graphic fidelity is obviously covering for it's less-than-stellar everything else
>>
>>381712596
There's nothing cinematic about horizon, it focuses on actually good gameplay and not vapid details that do nothing to make the game more fun.
>>
>>381715641
In HZD the enemy robots knock down trees frequently. You just can't do it yourself using the characters spear.
>>
>>381712853
>nintendo -one of the richest gaming companies- is cheating by staying one gen behind and having development on easy mode
>develops the best RPG sandbox game engine ever
(You) really activated those almonds
>>
>>381718836
And id say it makes sense because.... YOU CANT CHOP DOWN A TREE WITH A REGULAR WEAPON, MUCH LESS IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS.
>>
>>381712464
Okay now compare the combat and voice acting. That or just graphics in general.
Picking random specific things one game does better says absolutely nothing about the over all experience. Especially when it's something like cutting down trees, which you have no reason to do in HZD (although the robots do knock down trees).

That being said HZD devs really should have added water splashes/ripples or something, thats really weird.
>>
File: 1661504130824162016151res400300.jpg (35KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
1661504130824162016151res400300.jpg
35KB, 638x478px
>>381715641
>>
File: 1497301783887.jpg (242KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1497301783887.jpg
242KB, 747x1328px
>>381712464
>one developer worked within their means and hardware constraints to prioritize where their attention to detail should go
>the other tried to cram as much pretty shit into the game using their several million dollar state of the art engine

What's the point in having the most realistic and finely detailed shrub if you can't interact with it? Both are open world games where the player is going to be brushing up against flora and jumping into puddles like a complete autist just because they can. Seems like Nintendo was the one that had the forethought to make sure these kinds of things would react to what the player was doing making the game feel more grounded.

Death Stranding is going to use the same engine as Horizon, so it's not the tool so much as it is the dev team either being too inexperienced or not having a good direction into where they should have put their efforts.
>>
File: Okami3.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Okami3.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>381712464
>photo-realistic meme vs actual art style
Devs can do some amazing shit if they don't use all of the hardware's power making a game that will age like shit and quickly fades into obscurity since it looks exactly the same as everything else.
Hell, Okami still looks gorgeous and it's a fucking PS2 game.
>>
File: stasis.webm (3MB, 764x428px) Image search: [Google]
stasis.webm
3MB, 764x428px
>>381718836
the trees chopped down by robots aren't interactive, its just visual fluff
all it does is erase the tree from the map and spawn some particles

BotW is a systems driven game, HZD is not.
>>
>>381719341
Death Stranding will be another "cinematic experience" and you know it.
>>
>>381715641
You're clearly shilling for nintendo here, but it's incorrect. The BoTW formula is certainly more interesting than the nathan drake formula, but BoTW is breadth, not depth. You can do all this shit, but it's not really that interesting. Combat is extremely simple and boring, you just have many different ways to accomplish killing things so the novelty of finding a new way to kill things can last you for a while. It sells more on the non combat aspects like artstyle and all of that sheeeit.
The PC formula is unironically the best, assuming the developers are actually honest and genuine and not trying to make money off of the unwashed console playing masses. Replace nose picking with commanding thousands to millions of units in an RTS game across a massive 3D space and you have the potential for one of the best games ever made
>>
>>381712464
You can have all the power in the world, but only the right mind can do anything with it. Powerful consoles dont make good games, creative developers do.
>>
honestly MGSV would be a better comparison in terms of how shit interacts
>>
It's amazing how much attention to detail there is in Zelda vs Horizon.
Just goes to show that graphics don't make the game.
>>
File: 1497363130814.png (66KB, 320x280px) Image search: [Google]
1497363130814.png
66KB, 320x280px
It's almost like hardware specs mean nothing if the devs using them are unimaginative faggots with no talent or sense of style.
>>
Gotta love how Nintoddies are so behind the times they shit themselves from excitement because their game lets you diddle physics. Thats what living 2 generations back does to you.
>>
>>381712464
What are you talking about?
>>
File: PhysicsLaunch2.webm (2MB, 620x500px) Image search: [Google]
PhysicsLaunch2.webm
2MB, 620x500px
>>381724025
It's pretty fun
>>
>>381724025
diddling physics in hyrule >>>> diddling physics in some american shithole
>>
>>381721104
Imagine getting to rub her cute tummy, filled with the half-black baby you fathered.
>>
>>381712464
This whole "Zelda vs. Horizon" seems like a total marketing gimmick

wow, both games are open world games, why are they constantly getting compared, if not to prop up Horizons relevance?
>>
>>381725554
>prop up its relevance
It sold 3.4 million already you cuck, thats almost the same as Zelda, a fucking old ass long running series.
>>
>>381725731
But do people talk about it? Not really. Plus Horizons install base and target demographic is much larger than zelda

Don't suck me into this argument, my whole point was that the comparison feels artificial in the first place
>>
>>381718740
>it focuses on actually good gameplay
kek
>>
>>381712464
The main difference between the two games is 15 FPS or so.
>>
>>381713110
Not him but it's definitely not a cinematic experience.
>>
>>381717263
This is the only good post in this thread.
>>
>>381725909
People don't talk about BOTW anymore either whats your point?
They are single player games that are 4 months old by now people beat them and are over it, its just how it goes.

But I agree that the comparison is dumb, honestly the main point of the games is completely different if you play both of them, the only similarity is open world. It seems those get lumped together as "all the same" but people would never compare Halo with Battlefield or Quake with Metroid Prime.
But trying to imply Horizon is irrelevant is ridiculous, just because /v/ hates a game doesn't mean its irrelevant.
>>
>>381712853
>we are literally judging them by indie standards "it's all about the gameplay"
>How dare people think GAMEplay is the most important aspect of a video GAME
I hope you're shitposting
>>
>>381718740
>it focuses on actually good gameplay

That vid in the OP proves you wrong.
>>
>>381724025
Seems like horizon couldn't even pull off 2 generations old physics
>>
>>381712853

nigga it is exactly all about the gameplay. I'd play PS1 grafix games if it meant they were fucking good games.
>>
You are all retarded. Both games are overrated garbage.
>>
>decent-ish looking woman in a post-apoc tribal setting
>nobody ever tries to rape her or threatens to do it

Yea BotW is better.
>>
>>381718719
>the fact HZD tried to benchmark itself on it's graphic fidelity is obviously covering for it's less-than-stellar everything else

But they didnt.
I find it interesting that all these people who are against HZD are tossing around "it looks pretty so it must be shit!" refuse to mention anything about how the game plays.
I honestly love both games and as soon as nintendo can put some in stores Im going to go out and buy a switch and BOTW because Ive exhausted everything to do in HZD and I want more sweet, sweet open world action.
I just dont get why you need to shit all over one game to praise another. WHy dont you try both?
>>
File: 1495937168108.png (143KB, 381x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495937168108.png
143KB, 381x421px
>>381714517
Marketing teams and focus groups are retarded. What else is there to it?

Big budget video games are facing the same problem big budget movies do. Overspending on budget in hopes to achieve unrealistic of profit.
>>
>>381715641
Didn't read.
>>
>>381712853
>using the term HD game
Really nigga?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.