[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E3 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: metroid-prime-4.jpg (28KB, 847x413px) Image search: [Google]
metroid-prime-4.jpg
28KB, 847x413px
Was a Logo and prime 1 music really all that was needed to win E3 this year?
>>
This game is gonna flop so hard.Nobody will buy this game.
>>
>>381712010
It has the potential to be the best selling metroid game of all time, actually.
>>
nintenbros are starving for games
>>
>>381711840
No, but a mix of
>Logo
>Prime music
>Everyone else but Microsoft had a shit E3
>Metroidfags are desperate as fuck
was
>>
>>381711840
For people that are desperate for anything resemble a game, yes, sure.
>>
>>381711840
The fans won, Nintendo didn't.
>>
>>381711840
Yeah, definitely. The new metroid game is gonna be amazing! How could it not be?
The title is really weird though. What even is an "other M"?
>>
>>381711840
Considering how shit all of the other conferences were? Yup.
>>
>>381712257
Microsoft was shit, too. Nintendo was shit. Half of their games didn't even have a proper title and they're claiming it will release in 2018? That either says it'll be delayed or it'll be rushed as fuck.
>>
>>381711840
Why are people excited for this again? The only good Prime was the first one.
>>
>>381711840
>2016
>Nintendo wins with 1 game
>2017
>Nintendo wins with a logo in a 25 min video

What ridiculous handicap will they impose on themselves next year and still wreck the competition?
>>
>>381711840
Yes. To be fair, E3 was garbage
>>
>>381712409
something something Breath of the Wild happened after Skyward Sword somethingsomething.

>>381712424
>>381712257
Actually, what was sonys highlight? A remake of an already remastered ps2 game? How many exclusives did microsoft have to make me want an xbox one x?
>>
Sony's press conference at E3 1995 year was literally two words.

>$299
>>
>>381712514
What do they even have for after 2018? Eternal darkness 2? They're blowing their load too soon.
>>
>>381712775
Mother 4
>>
Super Mario Odyssey won E3.
>>
>>381713010
oi oi oi easy there buddy
>>
It was all it needed to win the award of "Biggest Cocktease"

I mean I fucking love the Metroid series but by god the amount of hype fellow fans are throwing at this game is fucking terrifying.

We didn't see anything about Metroid Prime 4 AND Nintendo has announced that Retro Studios is not working on the title. Instead its being worked on by QUOTE: “a talented new development team”

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I mean look at Hello Games, the company that was extremely ambitious that they though they could deliver the best game that would blow everyone's mind and instead make a skeletal flop with empty promises.
And the fact that Nintendo hasn't revealed who this company is a HUGE RED FLAG, Hell it could be Hello Games for all we know.

Am looking forward to Samus Returns through, that shit looks lit.
>>
>>381713201
>has announced that Retro Studios is not working on the title.
If you played Prime 2 and 3 you would know that's a good thing.
>>
>>381711840
Only because it was a shitty E3 this year. Everything that could have been exciting to see was already announced. This and the 3ds one were the only real surprise
>>
>>381713201
Reddit

mother

fucking

spacing
>>
>>381713319
What's wrong with Prime 3?
>>
>>381711840
Yes
>>381712076
This
>>
>>381713446
No one fucking cares faggot
>>
>>381713542
>Voice acting
>No isolation
>Multiple planets with each one being an isolated event
>Non interconnected world
>Hypermode
>More focus on action
It's hardly a Metroid game.
>>
>>381713446
or maybe he did it so it wouldnt be a wall of text
>>
>>381713775
>>Voice acting a bad thing
>>
>>381711840

As a Primefag, nah. I thought 3 was a fine ending for the series so my hype is muted. I think The Evil Within 2 walked away with the win for me since that's a few months away and we saw a few glimpses of how gameplay will work in it. Prime 4 as of this writing is just a logo, get back to me when there's footage.
>>
>>381713446
4chan's been as normie as reddit for a couple years now, relax
>>
>>381711840
If you believed that Metroid is a beloved franchise that would easily get another Prime installment, you were in the minority.
If you believed that Metroid is just another Nintendo franchise like any other that constantly gets new games, you are in the minority.

Anybody that knows Nintendo, and knows how they treat the Metroid series, let alone the Prime series as well, knows why this announcement won E3 for them.
>>
>>381712425
>Nintendo was shit because 2 games had working titles

Holy fuck how autistic can someone be
>>
>>381712425
Because coming up with a title takes months, everyone knows that, right anon ? :^)
>>
>>381714379

Prime was treated great in its heyday, though. 4 games under the moniker in 5 years is pretty fucking good. We haven't seen one since Corruption because, the secret ending of Prime 3 notwithstanding, it was easy to write the Prime series off as done, finished, wrapped up neatly. And even that secret ending didn't say all that much, certainly not in the wake of the eradication of Phaaze.
>>
>>381711840
Considering that I immediately had a boner when the music kicked in, yes.
I'm desperate. Don't fuck it up.
>>
>>381713201
Its a Nintendo fan thing, a sixth sense if you will. Some of us can tell if a game will be good or not based on how its presented. I myself can tell right away if I will like or enjoy a game entirely based on a CGI trailer with no gameplay at all. Cause that's all I need due to my own experience. In my many years as a buyer of games, I have never had buyer's remorse. Not once.
>>
>>381714714
More proof as to why fans were surprised that Prime 4 was announced at all.
>>
File: Sony won.png (913KB, 4434x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Sony won.png
913KB, 4434x1442px
>Nintendo
>Ever winning E3

LOL
>>
>>381712775
They have all of 2018 to announce games, and pokemon/metroid are probably coming out at the earliest in Q4 of 2018, probably 2019.
>>
>>381712076
It has just as much potential to be a Virtual-Boy-tier flop. We know nothing about it so far, so that's a completely meaningless statement.

>>381712525
It has been for years now. I don't know why people still think it's any kind of important.
>>
>>381712775

>Eternal Darkness 2

dohoho

Remember when Shadows of the Eternals couldn't even get Kickstarted? Me neither.
>>
>>381715018
>People don't want to give Sony their CC info because of how absolutely abysmal their security is
>This is something to be proud of for Sonybros
>>
>>381715546
We are coming off the heels of a shovelware Nintendo, and into the age of a newer, so far seemingly better, Nintendo.

Out of the darkness of Federation Force, Star Fox Zero, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and Hey Pikmin, and into a era of Breath of the Wild, and Odyssey. We really haven't had any grave missteps yet, but of course that could change at any time. All of this good news has been telling us that Nintendo is listening, so most fans are continuing to ride this wave into Prime 4, hoping that, just like how Breath of the Wild revitalized its franchise, and Odyssey is returning 3D Mario to its roots, that Prime 4 will also be loyal to the past.
>>
Switchfags are quickly becoming the most cancerous community on /v/.
>>
>>381711840
Desperation and loud voices
This E3 was shit, if someone wants to win such a shitshow be my guest
>>
>>381715895

I didn't like Breath of the Wild. It was like taking the exploratory spirit of Zelda 1 but then forgot to adequately reward said exploration with good dungeons instead of grottos that get mundane after the 20th one and divine beasts that are basically glorified grottos. Hopefully next time they'll remember to add fun points of interest instead of being wanderlust: the game.
>>
>Metroid Prime aka Dark Samus is dead
>still call the game Metroid Prime

They better come up with a different title because its fucking stupid.
>>
>>381716627

That's kind of what I was hoping for as well. I'm not opposed to revisiting first-person adventure Metroid but in my eyes the Prime storyline is finished. Make a new subseries or something but Prime 4 is one of the last things I wanted to hear from this franchise.
>>
>>381711840
Ya, More or less... Nin-toddlers are easily impressed.
> A kirby and metroid game that prob wont be out by next years e3
>A gameplay trailer to a mario game everyone already knew about
OMG! Nintendo won e3! This was their best e3 ever!
>>
>>381713010

Itoi says the story is done and attempted to end Mother 3 in a way that would ensure no more sequels.
>>
>>381716906
You underestimate the power of prequel milking. If Mother had been a successful series worldwide, you can be sure Nintendo would have made Before Mother and Porky's Time Traveling Adventures alongside a bazillion spinoffs, Itoi's vision be damned. Thankfully the series was just niche enough to be allowed to rest in peace.
>>
yes because there was no other massive new game reveal, closest would be MHW
>>
>>381719517
MHW is terrible.
>>
>>381719690
i don't know I'm cautiously optimistic, the more realistic newer designs seems to be an appeal to the west (which is almost never good) and the healing animation is gone with a very low speed penalty. Still hyped for it though
>>
>>381719891
It's going to be casualized garbage senpai.
>>
>>381712775
>wii u has a shit launch year
>"hahaha nintendo btfo"
>switch has a decent launch year
>"wow way to blow your load early nintendo hahahaha btfo"
>>
>>381714756
Holy shit nintenbros really are pathetic.
>>
Winning E3 is like winning the the special Olympics poo-flinging competition.
>>
File: 1497685306647.jpg (35KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497685306647.jpg
35KB, 622x626px
>>381712010
>>381712076
>>
>>381720932
Sorry that you are jealous of my amazing skills bro.
>>
>>381711840
It's probably years away but they had to do it because primebabies would chimp out if a 2D metroid got announced with no sign of 3D
>>
File: stuck.gif (2MB, 446x279px) Image search: [Google]
stuck.gif
2MB, 446x279px
>>381716627

>yfw an X parasite assimilated Dark Samus
>>
This game is going to suck.
I already know what the plot is going to be.

The game will start off with Samus surrounded by a bunch of federation soldiers in a big fancy ship.
Some bullshit CGI cutscene will show how amazing space is cause the spaceship will have big gaping windows, when suddenly they are attacked by space pirates.

Samus makes it to the control room/power room, and what a surprise, it's Ridley!
You fight Ridley and he jobs, and you lose all your powers somehow because the ship crashes or something.

Samus is voiced by an english actor who isn't part of a union and is getting paid minimum wage, so the VA will be shitty. She leads a team of federation soldiers exploring eight different planets (wowee, such a big universe!), no longer will she be alone, she will be fighting in populated planets fighting zombie people and metroids.

Also, there will be no metroids in this game, the metroids are actually CGI cutscenes.
Also, you fight Ridley twice, and someone betrays you.
Also, no Chozo.
Sylux is Mother brain 3.0.
>>
>>381713901
>what are paragraphs
>>
>>381712076
Almost nobody owns a switch so that won't happen
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.