[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Xenoblade Chronicles the best JRPG of the last decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Xenoblade.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
Is Xenoblade Chronicles the best JRPG of the last decade?
>>
No, it's actually kind of bad.
>>
>>381704296
I liked it, didn't love it. It's very slow. Feel like if Xs gameplay were in Chronicles world, it'd definitely be a contender, though
>>
>>381704482
I respectfully disagree, it is slow at times but makes up for it with world building, character development and story
>>
>>381704703
I hope that Xenoblade 2 gives us something close to that.
>>
>>381704296
No. X was better. Persona 4 and 5 were better. Ar Nosurge was better. Atelier Ayesha was better. Tales of Vesperia and Berseria were better. SMT4 and Final were better. Automata was better. I'm sure there are plenty more. Xenoblade was mediocre.
>>
XC is pretty overrated.
Not bad, but not the GOAT people make it out to be.
>>
Yes, it's the only JRPG that I even bothered to do side quests in.
>>
>>381705930
Is Berseria actually in the same tier as Vesperia? It looks terrible from the videos I've seen. What makes it good?
>>
>>381704296
ye for me personally

>tfw you jump off of one of colony 9's cliffs
>>
>>381706962
Why is jumping off of cliffs such a fun thing to do in games?
I'm only slightly suicidal IRL but I basically spent all of Xenoblade and BOTW climbing to high places and jumping off.
The fact that there was no fall damage harmed XCX for me.
>>
>>381706923
It's not as good as Vesperia, it just happens to be the only other Tales game released in the last ten years that's better than Xenoblade. The combat is some of the best outside of Graces and the story and characters are top tier by the series standards.
>>
>>381704296
If you only own Nintendo consoles: yes. Otherwise: no
>>
>>381706838
>>
>>381707160
because it fucks with your brain and your stomach even though it's a game, your body is too dumb to tell
>>
>>381704296
Trails of Cold Steel and Radiant Historia were better
>>
>>381706838
But Xenoblade's sidequests are absolute shit.
X is the one with good sidequests.
>>
Persona 4 and 5 were better
>>
>>381708514
>tfw went into cold steel expecting high school harem moeshit
>instead got politics, mech battles, deepest lore and fie
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.