[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret World Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Welp, I've been playing for a few hours and I got a few thoughts.

One one hand, I like what they did with the combat. Make it more fast paced and give weapons more interesting mechanics. Also they trimmed a lot of the fat from weapon skills, which I can appreciate and tried to make the beginning more accessible to new players (such as making them pick a starting class so they don't choose two incompatible weapons right off the bat)

On the other hand, I think they may have gone too far in accessibility. Hopefully its just the first zone and not the entire game, but they made the first area extremely linear so far. You don't get to choose your quests right off the bat, and previously optional missions have become mandatory. And there are level gates (you can't go into the sewer until you are a certain level for instance) and I dunno how I feel about that.

If they ease off that later on, I guess I can let it pass, but if not then I won't be happy about that.
Also, though I like the new quirks they added to weapons, I don't like the primary/secondary system. Mostly because most attacks drain an energy bar for the weapon, and the primary weapon's bar regains energy twice as fast as the secondary. In the original, you just had 2 weapons working in tandem, now it feels like you have a primary weapon and a back up weapon, and I'm really not sure I like that.
>>
>>381702295
>And there are level gates (you can't go into the sewer until you are a certain level for instance)
The fact that they added levels at all is already garbage.
>>
>>381702906
Eh, it seems mostly like a progress gauge more than anything. It doesn't seem like you actually gain stats from levels, thats still from the skill trees.
>>
>>381702970
Then what's the point of gating content by that?
>>
File: 2016-10-26-18-51-57.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26-18-51-57.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>381702295
They should have just stop making content for TSW if the userbases was too small.
A remake f2p when the market is over saturate with them isn't going to help them.

Too bad TSW was my favorite MMO but I won't play legend. I try it and didn't like the changes the made.
>>
>>381703106
To stop noobs from going into content they aren't ready for I guess.

I know the first time I played, when I got to the academy zone, I was pretty underleveled.
>>
>>381703106
Same reason behind the wheel disapereance, it's suppose to make it retard proof.
>>
>>381703285
I mean I can understand what they are doing. They clearly love the game I feel, but they just need a bigger playerbase to justify more of it.

DESU, I'd totally just be down for a single player Secret World game. Keep the lore and the questing but improve the combat gameplay and whatever.

The lore and setting is great. Just a better way to deliver it would be nice.
>>
>>381702295
I will automatically like this game even if its cancelled and flooded with worms and viruses and trojans.

Easier to cosplay as a normalfag than as some extremely super impractical edgelord with spikes everywhere and ball squeezing tight pants and shit, and it makes roleplay and ERPing and LARPing more easier as well.
It should also be given a billion dollar funding,
because magic.
>>
>>381702295
I can't download this game. It seems to be locked here.
>>
>>381704675
Its early release. Only for people who owned the original or played the beta.

General access starts the 26th
>>
I find it kinda odd they made dungeons 3mans down from 6mans.

Though someone told me that elites and beyond turn back into 6mans. Guess they wanna make the early game simpler for new players who may not have 5 friends to play with
>>
>>381704778
Oh... it makes sense now. I'm gonna wait for the next weekend then.
>>
Haven't tried it yet but I have it downloaded. Can you still pick your skills for a weapon, or is it a retarded
preset loadout like in GW2?
>>
>>381705454
>3mans
what the hell, how are new people supposed to even learn anything by that method?
>>
>>381705710
FYI, when you play, make sure you do think about your starting class. In the long run it doesn't matter, but you gotta buy access to other weapon types.

It doesn't take long to actually unlock them I believe, but you won't be able to initially use any weapons besides the two your class starts with.
>>381705840
You still pick your skills, though a lot of the skills have been culled or reworked. Apparently theres only 200 skills compared to the 500 it initially had.
>>381705951
I mean the general mechanics are the same I assume. You just aren't forced as hard initially into roles. You still gotta learn the other mechanics.
>>
I'm not starting over from scratch. Wish them all the luck in the world, but I'm not touching this with a ten foot long pole.
>>
>>381702295
Is this game worth playing? I've always been super interested in it, I was hyped as fuck when it was still just being teased with that cool apartment trailer.
But it took too long to come out, the beta was just allrriiight, so I lost steam and never ended up playing.
I have a subscription to ff14, but that game is kinda gay, especially after stormblood.
>>
>>381706282
Beta for the original or for legends?

Either way I think its a fun game. Its definitely an MMO, but the story and lore are the best in the genre, and the investigation quests are always clever and generally unlike other quests in MMOs.

But at its heart, its still an MMO
>>
>>381706282
It's incredibly good if you want an action adventure puzzle solving game. The less you ask it to be an mmo the more fun you'll have.
>>
>>381706420
beta for the original i mean.
When you say MMO do you mean kinda wow-like?
Have you played many other MMOs that you could compare it to more specifically?
>>
>>381706771
I mean its an MMO in that theres definitely a grind. You gotta do quests and quests to get points to learn new active and passive skills.

Theres plenty of dungeons and raids that you gotta get a party together to be able to handle, and you generally fall into the roles of DPS, Tank, or Healer, though it seems in the early game in Legends, roles don't matter quite as much.

Multiple quests are "Run to area, kill X amounts of enemies", though many have more to them.

MMO mainstays like auction houses, crafting, etc.
>>
>>381702906
I mean the base version had levels too, they were mostly just for looks and gating off faction uniforms.
>>
Is 15GB seriously the minimal amount of content?
>>
>>381707986
I believe they aren't releasing all the content at once, but over time.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.